The way of the seeker

Comments

• Zelinity - Lost City
    Zelinity - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So, uh, how would a 6 Str, 3 Dex, 1 Vit build look? Or would the Vit just sort of be more redundant in a build like that than, say, 2 Vit? Like, "if you're going that low, might as well just throw it into Str"

I doubt I would put the 1 vit... Think if you would rather tank more or DD more and then go from there. If you do choose to DD more you can still put a bit of vit but stop at maybe ~20? It's all up to you, there are reset scrolls incase you wish to change it later :P Goodluckb:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And when you turn you around, you see yourself on the ground.
    And for the first time, no one cares just who you really are.
  • Kawailele - Sanctuary
    Kawailele - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    this this will make a grate place for ppl 2 come 2 look for seeker info mod's can u keep an eye on this and make it a

STICKY THIS PLZ!! :D
    what comes up must come down what goes in must come out! b:chuckle b:surprisedb:mischievous
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12242232&postcount=663 Not finish adding sage/demon effect yet, but will get it done soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    from the few skills thats listed so far im liking sage seeker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    from the few skills thats listed so far im liking sage seeker

Join the club. b:dirty

It makes sense though. The usual question of Sage or Demon for melee users is their preference of auto-attack speed over skill spam. And it seems like the Seeker is a class that's highly dependent on their skills.

Also, wizards are going to gasm whenever they have a Seeker in squad (150% reduced fire def + 50% crit rate? @_@ )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Rogershah - Dreamweaver
    Rogershah - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For me, the fist BM is best...
  • TaT_ - Archosaur
    TaT_ - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why dont we... Stick 1 Wizard, 1 Seeker,1 Barb, 3 Clerics in a zhen squad? 1 cleric BB's, 1 Cleric RB's and the other IH's... Wizard and Seeker AoE's and the barb pulls... The IH'ing cleric will only need to heal the wizard anyways... The seeker, if he has BP, could surely stay alive alongside a BB.

Wait...

If a seeker has BP, can't he solo zhen to a certain extent?
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    IJS, but I followed your build guide on my new seeker and it doesnt line up with the gear.

In the level 5 account stash you get the weapon ticket, take the claymore and it requires 16 str and 13 dex at level 5 to use it.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0AqvGbJgPV2TudDMtN2pzaU1wbW93Z2dJbnhtaFg5blE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

just thought I'd pass this along incase anyone reads ahead because I was putting my points in from the chart and need to level to use the weapon.
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    IJS, but I followed your build guide on my new seeker and it doesnt line up with the gear.

In the level 5 account stash you get the weapon ticket, take the claymore and it requires 16 str and 13 dex at level 5 to use it.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0AqvGbJgPV2TudDMtN2pzaU1wbW93Z2dJbnhtaFg5blE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

just thought I'd pass this along incase anyone reads ahead because I was putting my points in from the chart and need to level to use the weapon.

Yes, this had me a bit confused. I wonder why they had it this way. I'm just putting 3 Str 2 Dex every level until I reach 20 so I can see what my special weapons at that level will require. After that, I'll go back to a Vit build.
  • Venoblaster - Dreamweaver
    Venoblaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Thank you for the feedback. I've updated the spreadsheet accordingly and I'll be reviewing the stats per level as people find out more about gear requirements at every level.
  • Sgaile - Sanctuary
    Sgaile - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lots of great info ill help out if i can when i get up and going after patch finishs
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    I'm going with 3 str 2 dex every level, and every 3rd level replacing one dex with vit, so it looks like

3 str, 2 dex
    3 str, 2 dex
    3 str, 1 dex, 1 vit
    3 str, 2 dex
    3 str, 2 dex
    3 str, 1 dex, 1 vit

every other level was cutting it close with the level 20 stash sword on dex.
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    double post
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Stickied! Great post so far, keep it up!
  • Teucer_Tyigr - Harshlands
    Teucer_Tyigr - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    what is the best way to distribute points to the seeker genie?
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    In this post I will collect and organize information and hints about seekers. This is a work in progress and everybody is invited to contribute with information, experience and ideas.

The nature of the seeker

Discussion about seeker roles and play style.

Seekers are melee characters that wear heavy armor. They put themselves in harm's way and also use buffs and debuffs to support the squad, especially the casters. They mostly deal physical damage but also have skills that inflict magical damage.

Their roles include damage dealing, AOE, support, tanking and crowd control. I don't think they can do any control, all control skills are very unstable

Strengths and weaknesses

This section will be speculative until more information and experience is available.

PROS

⊲ Good survivability.
    ⊲ Rewards focus and reflexes.
    ⊲ Enhances the squad's performance (especially of casters).
    ⊲ Great visual effects.

CONS

⊲ Not the highest DPS.
    ⊲ May not be able to hold aggro for tanking.

Builds

Discussion about armor, weapons and stats.

Seeker Builds Spreadsheet

Heavy armor build for survivability

The standard seeker wears heavy armor and wields a sword or blade. This build requires 5 STR and 3 DEX every 2 levels. The remaining stat points can be invested in VIT for survivability until endgame gear is available, at which point they can be transferred to STR for damage.

On even levels add 3 STR, 2 DEX.
    On odd levels add 2 STR, 1 DEX, 2 VIT.

Seekers get 15 HP for each VIT point.

Heavy armor build for damage dealing

On this build no or very little VIT would be added (e.g. capped at 20 VIT).

On even levels add 3 STR, 2 DEX.
    On odd levels add 4 STR, 1 DEX.

This build would do extra damage at AOEs but would require refining the equipment for extra HP.

Light armor build

More information required.

Skills

Description of skills and recommendations on priorities.

All seeker skills require a sword to be equipped.

Northern Sky Sword
    Self-buff. Lasts 10 minutes. Has 30% chance of applying Eye of Northern Sky Sword; in that case if the enemy is attacked with Wind-Breaking Sword it will become immobilized, take extra damage, and lose Defense Level temporarily.

Heart Burning Sword
    Debuf. Lasts 20 seconds. When you attack the enemy with a Fire or Earth skill, the Critical Strike Rate and Damage of that skill will be increased for that attack. Useful for boss fightings and PVP. This skill has no effect in PvP

Lord of Sword
    AOE. Attacks nearby enemies every 1.5 seconds.

????

One of the Seeker's level 59 skills automatically hits all nearby targets with metal damage every 3 seconds for 12 seconds. During this time, Seeker can move and use other skills. This skill can damage stealthed sins and reveal them.

10 char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Stooperpanda - Harshlands
    Stooperpanda - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It might not end up with vit as fast, but I'm gonna go with:
    3 lvls of 3str/2dex to one lvl of 2str/2dex/1vit
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im honestly thinking seekers and mystics were never meant to be a pvp oriented class. both mystic and seeker have way to many skills that either "only works on monsters" or severly nerfed when used on other players like absorbed soul for mystics.

something just tells me these classes are strictly a PvM kind of class.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @Tsu, I disagree. They just tried to not make the new classes OP, so they gave them powerful skills, however the OP skills can just be used under certain circumstances. IMO a good solution. And Seeker is purely made for PvP, especially a class to counter Sins with his no-target AoE that can reveal them, however being weak against magic/ranged classes due to being forced to trust in procs and combo skills.

About build, I would say something in this direction:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=47af9f5b192a165a

Only minimal DEX, rest into STR, will maximize the damage output. Going for a single blade rather focuses on DPS, while dual blade is for skills. I couldn't tell how Seekers will be, however, firelotus should do the job well =).
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • YuniBlood - Raging Tide
    YuniBlood - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @Tsu, I disagree. They just tried to not make the new classes OP, so they gave them powerful skills, however the OP skills can just be used under certain circumstances. IMO a good solution. And Seeker is purely made for PvP, especially a class to counter Sins with his no-target AoE that can reveal them, however being weak against magic/ranged classes due to being forced to trust in procs and combo skills.

Only minimal DEX, rest into STR, will maximize the damage output. Going for a single blade rather focuses on DPS, while dual blade is for skills. I couldn't tell how Seekers will be, however, firelotus should do the job well =).

Nice build. I will use that for endgame how right I am doing 5str 3dex 2 vit every level till like 90 or 100 then I will reset then minion vit or jut 5 and use hp from gears. That's my plan : )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Blademaster level 8x not active!!
    Seeker :D level 2x active and going to be main!
    Perfect world international Album all ready and set up Check it out. Use the link below or click on my username for link
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm not going to read through 6 pages because I really can't be bothered but am I right in thinking that the magic damage from seekers comes from strength stats instead of magic?
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Why there is 2 pieces of LA for -int? I just see no point sacrificing anything for -int on seekers, unless you can get them into ~3aps or so. I was thinking something more along these lines:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2429864d647fdb2c

Though dunno, might be too squishy build for real endgame build =/.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
    edited March 2011
    Why there is 2 pieces of LA for -int? I just see no point sacrificing anything for -int on seekers, unless you can get them into ~3aps or so. I was thinking something more along these lines:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2429864d647fdb2c

Though dunno, might be too squishy build for real endgame build =/.

Most I think they could get to is 2 APS before any attack rate increases from skills/weapons, but I'm just guessing. It would be worth it though I think, not for the sparking, but because Seeker skills rely on being used in either combination or with a status effect being placed on the mob. More attacks would mean a better chance at doing so often and more quickly on bosses. However, at that point it would probably make using skills less effective.

Just gonna have to wait and see though, who knows what their skills are going to make most efficient for in terms of gear.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok guys, atm I got my seek to lvl 20, and I did the 5:3:2 build every 2 lvls from lvl 1. I think I'm going to cap vit at 25 for now (since I allocated the points to have 50 str, 35 dex, 25 vit and 5 mag). I see that I srsly need more str and to get the dex up there too, but just the weapon minimum. I'm going to check forges and blacksmiths for the dex requirements for the next 10 lvl blades (single & dual) to help me with dex requirements.

On a side note, things are going nicely on this version, no deaths even with his hp constantly being 1/3 to 1/4 during mob quests. I like the challenge with that, **** charms, they're no fun :P
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
    edited March 2011
    Ok guys, atm I got my seek to lvl 20, and I did the 5:3:2 build every 2 lvls from lvl 1. I think I'm going to cap vit at 25 for now (since I allocated the points to have 50 str, 35 dex, 25 vit and 5 mag). I see that I srsly need more str and to get the dex up there too, but just the weapon minimum. I'm going to check forges and blacksmiths for the dex requirements for the next 10 lvl blades (single & dual) to help me with dex requirements.

On a side note, things are going nicely on this version, no deaths even with his hp constantly being 1/3 to 1/4 during mob quests. I like the challenge with that, **** charms, they're no fun :P

The build is fine for all swords, it's just those supply stash ones that have a crazy stat req. Personally though, I just went with 3 Str 2 Dex every level after I saw the level 5 stash req. until I got to 20, then started back on the Vit build. It worked out fine for me to use the level 20 stash weapon.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Most I think they could get to is 2 APS before any attack rate increases from skills/weapons, but I'm just guessing. It would be worth it though I think, not for the sparking, but because Seeker skills rely on being used in either combination or with a status effect being placed on the mob. More attacks would mean a better chance at doing so often and more quickly on bosses. However, at that point it would probably make using skills less effective.

Just gonna have to wait and see though, who knows what their skills are going to make most efficient for in terms of gear.

Skills will still have cooldowns =/. Aps really isnt worth it for anything but PvE farming, and maybe sins from stealth. And like I said, that isn`t the strenght in seekers anyways, forcing them into that unlikely works well. I see it pointless to sacrifice their strenghts to do instances, which they arent wanted in, even after they affect their build for those. If seekers could wield fists, would be different story but they cant. I myself think maybe instead of my build, take like 20-50 str and put it into vit, though it might have kinda harsh impact on damage =/. Oh well, who knows, but I really doubt building aps works. Aps never hurts if you get them as free addons but choosing stuff over another simply cause of -int shouldnt be the best way for seekers.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • crosskill
    crosskill Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    thank you for the info, i allways tend to play a game next thing you know i have healers walking side by side with me in case i die and 500 HP and MP Potions, this was really helpful! :D
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011

Seeker is not quite a good class against sin if you actually test it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Makoakahi - Sanctuary
    Makoakahi - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    so far my seeker is lv37 and they dont seem 2 good at 1 vs 1 .....unless there end game pvp like the wizzy's?
  • omegaweltall
    omegaweltall Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have a question about the active blessings.

Went to buy lvl 2 Bladed Fervor from the skills guy, but I don't see any increase in the stats of the skill. Is this a typo, or is it like Bloodpaint and lvling the skill only increases the duration.
    If its the later, is there any point in lvling the skill?

Looked on ecatomb, and its the same for all the active blessings.
This discussion has been closed.