Who is going to roll a Seeker?

_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Seeker
Of the two new Earthguard classes, which one will you role?

Of course Seekers will post here.

State your reasons why as well :D

I'm going Mystic, for supporting a squad, but not being the main healer.

But, I'm curious to your reasons for why a Seeker.
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well my main EG to lvl first is the Seeker, because from playing one in the CN OB version, I see that they have decent potential to bring a whole new style of play which distinguishes them from being a "normal" melee DD.

The most interesting features I've experienced and from what I've watched and read from translations (especially Mooy's) are mainly their skills of physically casted attacks which do a certain amount of elemental damage, though (so far from what I've seen) their only element they utilize is Metal. Another is the fact that they have a vast amount of ranged single and AoE attacks, unlike the other physical melee classes, which have very appealing animations, as well as the the close ranged single attacks and AoEs.

The most notable skills are the "Sky Sword" buffs, as PWI has translated them, which work by inducing a special debuff which causes certain status ailments, which for the prefvious classes, would only be achievable through specific skills for those effects. Those debuffs, depending on which sky sword buff you "equip" cause various status effects (freeze, stun, decrease def lvl, etc.) are very unique and truely bring a new flavor to the game in that aspect.
    Next, the Sword debuffs like Heart Burning Sword, are also very unique as they work like an amp, BUT they are only benefited by using skills, especially the respective elemental skill damage which are amplified. So in other words, seekers will be favored by casters for this instead of rejected *cough* BP *cough*, pardon me!b:laugh

The new skill type I found very convenient for filling a rather necessary annoyance is the Debuff transfer skill. When I 1st saw it, I was in awe, as that was something new that I never thought of, but works kinda like soul of retaliation. So like in those Seeker videos, we saw that when they were being poisoned, etc. they could transfer that DoT to the opponent, and I think with higher lvls it either became more successful or the damage transfer % increased. Either way, that was a very interesting skill.
    Another that most people may not have seen is that (not really sure how, but) Seekers get the same skill Wizzies have for increasing their mana pool, but that info still needs to come to light. Finally, Lord of Sword basically fills the continuous AoE attack skill spot for HA, since LA were the Archer's BoA and for AA was The Dragon's Breath. So finally a HA has a Zhen skill for those multi mob areas (frost, PQ, Zhen parties, etc.), so yay, we finally got another! :P

If tl;dr for the lazy people, I want to play the seeker 'cause I love playing classes for their abilities skill-wise, being tactical with them, discovering their ups and downs and finding out what specific role they play in the squad. Seekers are damn fun to play starting 29+ despite not having a healing skill (yet), but that's not so bad with npc/apo pots at lower lvls. I want to have FUN with this class, why else should I play it?b:victory
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    <=== b:pleased
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well my main EG to lvl first is the Seeker, because from playing one in the CN OB version, I see that they have decent potential to bring a whole new style of play which distinguishes them from being a "normal" melee DD.

The most interesting features I've experienced and from what I've watched and read from translations (especially Mooy's) are mainly their skills of physically casted attacks which do a certain amount of elemental damage, though (so far from what I've seen) their only element they utilize is Metal. Another is the fact that they have a vast amount of ranged single and AoE attacks, unlike the other physical melee classes, which have very appealing animations, as well as the the close ranged single attacks and AoEs.

The most notable skills are the "Sky Sword" buffs, as PWI has translated them, which work by inducing a special debuff which causes certain status ailments, which for the prefvious classes, would only be achievable through specific skills for those effects. Those debuffs, depending on which sky sword buff you "equip" cause various status effects (freeze, stun, decrease def lvl, etc.) are very unique and truely bring a new flavor to the game in that aspect.
    Next, the Sword debuffs like Heart Burning Sword, are also very unique as they work like an amp, BUT they are only benefited by using skills, especially the respective elemental skill damage which are amplified. So in other words, seekers will be favored by casters for this instead of rejected *cough* BP *cough*, pardon me!b:laugh

The new skill type I found very convenient for filling a rather necessary annoyance is the Debuff transfer skill. When I 1st saw it, I was in awe, as that was something new that I never thought of, but works kinda like soul of retaliation. So like in those Seeker videos, we saw that when they were being poisoned, etc. they could transfer that DoT to the opponent, and I think with higher lvls it either became more successful or the damage transfer % increased. Either way, that was a very interesting skill.
    Another that most people may not have seen is that (not really sure how, but) Seekers get the same skill Wizzies have for increasing their mana pool, but that info still needs to come to light. Finally, Lord of Sword basically fills the continuous AoE attack skill spot for HA, since LA were the Archer's BoA and for AA was The Dragon's Breath. So finally a HA has a Zhen skill for those multi mob areas (frost, PQ, Zhen parties, etc.), so yay, we finally got another! :P

If tl;dr for the lazy people, I want to play the seeker 'cause I love playing classes for their abilities skill-wise, being tactical with them, discovering their ups and downs and finding out what specific role they play in the squad. Seekers are damn fun to play starting 29+ despite not having a healing skill (yet), but that's not so bad with npc/apo pots at lower lvls. I want to have FUN with this class, why else should I play it?b:victory

i congrats this post , ur one of the few people that see earthguards as sth new and fun , and not as a way to replace other classes .

personally i will try both classes to learn about the new earthguard area , mobs and quests, but i wont continue on them possibly , having to care for 3 alts is too much for me right now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Kairyu_blade - Archosaur
    Kairyu_blade - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    as one of the few BMs still using swords/blades out there, i kind of see the seeker as a replacement to the blade BM. I know they really are nothing alike, aside from the fact that they use swords, but it seems like they are responding to the general thought that blade BMs are "bad" (which anyone who has been in a squad with me will tell you is a LIE) and making what they hope will be a class that appeals to people more than BM. I for one am going to make a seeker, just to see how good it is. I've yet to find a suitable alt, so maybe this will be it =)
  • Shoyahz - Heavens Tear
    Shoyahz - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I plan on making a seeker, partially to keep my continuous aoe place in squads, and partially to try a new aspect of the game. For most of my gaming career, I play the caster. Now that wizzies are heavily on the downfall, at least for now, I want a character that is someone able to make it into squads, but at the same
    time, being different from the millions of sins out there.

ZoanoAce stated several things very well, and has actually done alot more research about the class than I have, but it only excites me even more. I look forward to being able to play a melee 'caster' class, if it can be called that.
  • SandraPlease - Sanctuary
    SandraPlease - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Im gonna try a mystic first. Hopefully they are fun
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    i congrats this post , ur one of the few people that see earthguards as sth new and fun , and not as a way to replace other classes .

personally i will try both classes to learn about the new earthguard area , mobs and quests, but i wont continue on them possibly , having to care for 3 alts is too much for me right now
    Why thank youb:victory just showing that there are still those here playing the game for its primary purpose, to have entertaining fun, not a futile competition with null rewards.
    I plan on making a seeker, partially to keep my continuous aoe place in squads, and partially to try a new aspect of the game. For most of my gaming career, I play the caster. Now that wizzies are heavily on the downfall, at least for now, I want a character that is someone able to make it into squads, but at the same
    time, being different from the millions of sins out there.

ZoanoAce stated several things very well, and has actually done alot more research about the class than I have, but it only excites me even more. I look forward to being able to play a melee 'caster' class, if it can be called that.
    I loved that point as I feel the same lol.
    And yes, they can be called melee casters, very fitting as a matter of fact!b:victory

●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

• PrinceJohn - Heavens Tear
    PrinceJohn - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Its good u see it that way but the barbs i will think that they'll be replaced along with the cleric and venos
  • Feynira - Sanctuary
    Feynira - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    1. I doubt Seekers will have the same statistics and abilities as a barb. So no, I doubt they'll replace barbs.

2. Mystics probably won't be healing as well as a cleric, and from what I read, their res not only has a longer cooldown but keeps even less EXP (if any at all) so the cleric res would be a preferred option. Again, I doubt Mystics will replace clerics.

EDIT: Actually, I just recalled reading that a Mystic's res isn't casted after you die. It's casted before you die, like a buff. So depending on the situation, one may prefer the Mystic's res, or the Cleric's res.

3. Mystics "pets" from what I have read are summons. Not actual pets like Venos have. They're closer freaking spells than pets. No, I doubt Mystics will replace venos.

And 4. People said the same damn thing about Psychics replacing Wizards. Never happened, and why? Because we're different damn classes. We have our own specific spells, manage our own specific rolls, and that's exactly what's going to happen here. People like you whine they'll replace classes, and then they end up not doing so, because they're just too unique from each other.
  • Venoblaster - Dreamweaver
    Venoblaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm going to make a seeker and I think it'll be my new main. I love to play support as a veno, it's a very tactical class for those that aren't lazy. I have fun on my barb pulling and doing crowd control. But I think I'm ready for a change of pace and the seeker's combination of tanking ability (HA build), melee DD, caster/combo and support seems very enticing. And my partner is making a mystic so I think that will be a very effective and fun combo.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    I'm going to make a seeker and I think it'll be my new main. I love to play support as a veno, it's a very tactical class for those that aren't lazy. I have fun on my barb pulling and doing crowd control. But I think I'm ready for a change of pace and the seeker's combination of tanking ability (HA build), melee DD, caster/combo and support seems very enticing. And my partner is making a mystic so I think that will be a very effective and fun combo.
    Yes it will be! ^^

• lighttheflame
    lighttheflame Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Making a seeker so I can stand in west with mp/hp charms and aoe :D

Also because I have a sin and bm, and want to be something different rather then a shtty 5 aps class. Being good at a more challenging class that will require skill is a higher accomplishment then clicking triple spark.
    IGN: Akshot
    Class: Berserker
    Level: 65
    Guild: Legends

IGN: Infamous
    Class: Heretic
    Level: 60
    Guild: Asuras
  • alreinsefur
    alreinsefur Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011

I like his style, and I'll be trying a seeker first for fun, after all thats what a games here for after all? for ones entertainment? b:victory
  • Ibbies - Lost City
    Ibbies - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    rolling a seeker cuz im fed up of boring 5aps classes (no skill required playing those).
  • /Cassandra - Sanctuary
    /Cassandra - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Gonna roll a seeker cuz I'm tired of being squishy and having a heart attack everytime a mob gets close (cleric, psychic) Also, they look better than the old classes (excluding tideborn) b:surrender
  • Ibbies - Lost City
    Ibbies - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Gonna roll a seeker cuz I'm tired of being squishy and having a heart attack everytime a mob gets close (cleric, psychic) Also, they look better than the old classes (excluding tideborn) b:surrender

tideborns are hairless freaks QQ, pwe just defined them a little better.....
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    interested in seeker a bit.

i get to leeroy

more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan