Time for hibernation

Options
fuzzywuzz
fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Tideswell (East)
The new Genesis expansion is now just 48 hours away.

It brings with it the possibility for many new adventures. New races, new characters, fresh TW map and more.

Since the launch of the Raging Tide expansion and server, Fuzzy has loved the time he spent here. The panda has seen many good times and many bad times. Made many friends, and 1 or 2 enemies. (Although, if they honestly thought themselves to be "enemies" they take things far too seriously)

It has been said that over the last year and a bit, the game itself has taken a turn for the worse and become unbalanced. While yes, there are still ways to feel productive, the current state of things effects no other class the way it does barbarians. We are asked to be used and abused to help everyone out to get them to their end-game and once there, simply forgotten. This is a complaint Fuzzy hears from many barbs across all servers, and it is true also on our own.

So, many people suggest to either get claws or create an aps character. After more than a year of resisting, Fuzzy did in the end roll a BM. One or two of you may have seen him around. To say that this solved the problem of not feeling useful is a gross understatement. A 4aps BM (never even mind a 5) is the most mindless pve toon ever to play. Auto-attack, spark, auto-attack, spark, auto-attack, hf, auto-attack, marrow, rinse and repeat ad-nausem. While Fuzzy loves to farm pve, and is extremely proud of the fact he farmed 95% of what he has, doing so now as an aps toon is far from enjoyable. There is no challenge left to any instance. Nirvana, Warsong, 3-3, Abaddon, SoT..... all are a joke. World Boss's as well are simply no challenge at all. The pve aspect of the game has ceased to be enjoyable due to the ease with it can be completed.

As for the TW aspect, this too is something Fuzzy has simply ceased to find enjoyable. Things such as R8/R9, attack blessings, and extremely affordable refinements are things that have played entirely into the hands of the ranged DD class in TW. The last time Fuzzy participated in a TW, an archer with a R8 +8 bow was able to crit Fuzzy for over 15k. While this is still far from being able to 1 shot the panda, it does frustrate him. +7/+10 full JoSD G15 Nirvana armour should not be that easily damaged. Even making use of the best available pots, a charm, and having pretty damn good gear, all it takes now is 2 archers each hitting a crit to kill a 23k hp barb pulling a cata. (at least this barb)

Also, having led a faction for close to a year is another reason Fuzzy no longer finds enjoyment in TW. For most people, it simply a case of "sign up and show up". Fuzzy envy's those people. There are extremely dedicated members to each of the TW factions who spend time trying to strategize and organize. To the people in the other factions who do this work, you have Fuzzy's ultimate respect. It can very easily become much like a second job. The amount of time it requires is something that Fuzzy became burnt out on, along with all the time required for the other responsibilities of leadership, and it was a contributing factor to the panda giving up lead to, and leaving his faction.

So, with all that has changed, and all the changed still to come, Fuzzy believes it is time for hibernation. The panda is going to effectively go into retirement and leave Raging Tide.

Thank you to all who have made the time spent here so much fun. There are FAR FAR FAR too many of you to name. Were it not for some of the people who populate the server there would never have been any way to ever achieving half of what Fuzzy accomplished.

The only regret Fuzzy has in leaving Raging Tide is that he was unable to kill Harpy Wraith. However, it is still nice to bow out with 99.99999% of the checklist complete.

Good luck for the future RT, and remember to be a little nicer to your barb brethren still out their breaking their back for you.

b:sadb:bye
[SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
Sig by NowItsAwn
Post edited by fuzzywuzz on

Comments

• Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bye bye Fuzzy, nice drooling over the Luanr Nirvana b:cry
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Goodnight sweet prince.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sadly I have to agree on everything you said. Game just isnt what it used to be anymore, but many try to adapt to the changes for the friends they play with.

GL to the panda b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nu Fuzzy, I'll miss you. b:sad It's been fun, I miss our pro oracle times. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    at least kill the harpy before you leave. that "what if" in the back of your head will eat at you if you dont
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    pm me if you go kill harpy wratih. I have a quest that requires to kill it b:shocked

Sad to see you go fuzz. Good luck with real life, tho I heard is more unbalanced and filled with CSers than PWE.

Come to visit us sometimes. b:cute
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chanchale
    chanchale Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fuzzy, u've been the only person that i respect so much in all of Raging Tide.
    Although we didn't talk much, you will be missed, dear friend. GL to whatever you do from here on out. If you do decide to try out another game or whatever, hit me up n I might try too.
    I left perfect world 8 months ago for the same reason you are quitting now. I achieved my goal after constant farming of 7 months and got 5 aps. In the end, i was still unhappy with my 5 aps. Sure, I was the king at pve and i could earn 50 mill coins a week, but u get bored too quickly if thats your daily routine. I left pwi for about 5 months and my bro took my bm's place during the time i was gone. I came back on January to see whats up with Raging Tide. I rolled a sin n lvled to 100 in a week just cuz i wanted to see this new OP beast that everyone talked about so much.
    Sure, I have all sage skills on my sin and proud to be sage sin with 2.22 aps n its a sad yet honest truth that my sin deals almost the same dmg as my bm with 5 aps. In the end, I was disappointed with my sin too.
    Then, I joined Goonsquad and it changed me, to say the least. If it weren't for them, i would've quit long ago. I love Goonsquad so much that I still wanna play pwi every now and then. Whatever happens in the future, i cant stop it but i will play this game until my friends get bored of it.

In the end, i just wanted to say tht you will be greatly remembered. b:pleased
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    chanchale wrote: »
    Fuzzy, u've been the only person that i respect so much in all of Raging Tide.
    Although we didn't talk much, you will be missed, dear friend. GL to whatever you do from here on out. If you do decide to try out another game or whatever, hit me up n I might try too.
    I left perfect world 8 months ago for the same reason you are quitting now. I achieved my goal after constant farming of 7 months and got 5 aps. In the end, i was still unhappy with my 5 aps. Sure, I was the king at pve and i could earn 50 mill coins a week, but u get bored too quickly if thats your daily routine. I left pwi for about 5 months and my bro took my bm's place during the time i was gone. I came back on January to see whats up with Raging Tide. I rolled a sin n lvled to 100 in a week just cuz i wanted to see this new OP beast that everyone talked about so much.
    Sure, I have all sage skills on my sin and proud to be sage sin with 2.22 aps n its a sad yet honest truth that my sin deals almost the same dmg as my bm with 5 aps. In the end, I was disappointed with my sin too.
    Then, I joined Goonsquad and it changed me, to say the least. If it weren't for them, i would've quit long ago. I love Goonsquad so much that I still wanna play pwi every now and then. Whatever happens in the future, i cant stop it but i will play this game until my friends get bored of it.

In the end, i just wanted to say tht you will be greatly remembered. b:pleased

Wrong sub forums Kiran?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21p
    b:laugh
  • Lol_U_Mad - Raging Tide
    Lol_U_Mad - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lol_U_Mad : I m 14 years old.
    _jaffa_: you have to be over 15 to play this
    Lol_U_Mad: APRIL FOOLED>>>>BAMMM
    _jaffa_: lol u ****** im gonna sue you for *****
    b:victory
  • ToyTank - Raging Tide
    ToyTank - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Could swear i just played a team death match with fuzzy, almost same name voice abit off but could of bean him lol.

b:surrender have to go buy new mic for xbox tommorow
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
  • Lol_U_Mad - Raging Tide
    Lol_U_Mad - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Could swear i just played a team death match with fuzzy, almost same name voice abit off but could of bean him lol.

lol....
    Lol_U_Mad : I m 14 years old.
    _jaffa_: you have to be over 15 to play this
    Lol_U_Mad: APRIL FOOLED>>>>BAMMM
    _jaffa_: lol u ****** im gonna sue you for *****
    b:victory
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Blackops? b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ToyTank - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Blackops? b:dirty

b:sad Unplayable to much lag on my dam African internet atm, started BFBC2 yesterday
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    b:sad Unplayable to much lag on my dam African internet atm, started BFBC2 yesterday

oooh well if you do start playing hit me up :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Take care Fuzzy,it's been funny.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If I remember correctly, you were one of the first to be WCing since the server started.
    I remember seeing WC when I first got onto Raging Tide and I went WTF in real life and laughed.
    Seriously, I know I pm'd you and I just, it just made me want to be like you.
    You have been a big inspiration for a while for me.
    (Plus I love the fuzzy wuzzy rhyme :D)

Then I remember you hosted that harpy boss thing.
    Yeah sure, it failed, but still, that was amazing how you planned it still :)
    And over time, you lead Varden and it just amazed me how you didn't give up.
    I know I had a huge issue with you but honestly, it was my stupidity and stubbornness.
    It's sad seeing another player go, especially since you've been here since day one too.

I wish you the best of luck wherever you go and stay fuzzy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Heleghir - Raging Tide
    Heleghir - Raging Tide Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I feel ya far too much fuzzy. i've been through it just as hard if not more. Had my name not been known on the server, my personality not liked at least somewhat, I would never even get PvE runs. Everything nowadays is about r8/r9 high refines and high aps. Those of us who got left behind in the original aps rush are just left to rot. Whatever happened to the fun times of struggling through 3-3 or warsong and taking 3 hours? Now its just 10seconds and bosses are dead. I miss the old days that one had to struggle with just the right balance of a good tank, a good cleric, and dd's that could take a hit to get through instances. Now, nobody wants anything but the aforementioned built bms, sins, barbs, archers. Hell, i'm a 2aps SPARKED demon sin, what do i get? fun. i mean while ya on bosses its auto attacking most of the time, if i'm doing something solo, i have to use 6-8 skills regularly, spark time, interrupt etc, the game is fun. i bring a single aps person and PvE becomes a joke. Its gotten to the point that i basically just log in to chat with people and say **** the actual gameplay to an extent. If you ever wanna have a few drinks with an old friend, I hope the panda knows where to find his favorite blue fish.
    <3 ya fuzzy, you've been a great friend for the past year
    The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded...never forget them! ~~ Summoner Yuna, FFX

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]
  • TheBackStab - Raging Tide
    TheBackStab - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bye Great Leader b:bye
    *Salutes*
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I never hear fuzzy's voice before b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    noo whois going to close the random posts in raging tides any more D:

i mean..kritty and shelly can do it but they don't add that fuzzy feeling to it. (see what i did there)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

I did on QQme vent when he got on our vent one time...
    His voice is super low xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

he sounds like a lumberjack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ToyTank - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options

Fuuzy's voice is sexy
  • Griffus - Raging Tide
    Griffus - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    v_v I hoped this day never came, when the "Brad Pitt" of RT leaves and most importantly leaves b:cry me.
    You made this game very worth while for alot of us, and were inspiration to many, especially me, to be more pro. You are one of the few people that still make the game enjoyable for me, and not to mention one great friend. You're the only one that truly believed in what I said that, "85% of doing good, is looking good"b:pleased.

Varden couldn't ask for a better Leader, or friend than you Fuzzy, sorry that it has came down to this.

Seriously though crushed me seeing you step down as Leader, hurt watching you leave faction later, but this kills me seeing you say good bye v.v

i guess I care to much and hate to see a great player and a great friend leave. I hope we cross paths again someday, only to have some more epic mis-adventures... k i've been emo enough but gotta try one last thing b:angry, Fuzzy no! Fuzzy sit! Stay Fuzzy. >_> anything?b:surrender

Your friend, the OP Fail Archer,
    Griffus

ps. b:shutup shutting up now
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Noooooooo b:infuriated

In all my time in PWI, Fuzzy was the most helpful. Even when I was a low level barb, his comments in our class forum section taught me plenty. Ever since I was a low level, I always looked up to Fuzzy. Now that I'm 100, I see his problems as well.

Unfortunately, this game has it's many issues that push people away.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you end up doing. b:byeb:cry
  • Frostwish - Raging Tide
    Frostwish - Raging Tide Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ~Waves to Syko~ Hihi<3

Aww Fuzzy...

Yuki hasn't known you for a long while, but still misses the times when we would randomly talk in 3rd person and in Vent ^^

Come visit us sometime, on QQme Vent. Fuzzy has always been a barb Yuki admired, along with many others, and we all wish you could still come back and stay in touch.

I'll sing Fuzzy goodbye on QQme vent for le panda's hibernation if Fuzzy wishes c:

I bid you farewell, you alcoholic barb you b:chuckle
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited March 2011
    Options
    at least kill the harpy before you leave. that "what if" in the back of your head will eat at you if you dont

As much as Fuzzy would enjoy that Bastilla, it can't be done. In the age of aps, combined the small handful of people who "farm" her, combined with the respawn time, that chance will never be available to Fuzzy. As much as me would have wanted it, that will never be available to the panda.

Me tried many times over the last year plus to rally the server to help, however, now there are groups of 3-6 people who have deprived the panda of the pleasure. And as a side note, they also deprive the smaller factions of the pleasure of killing world boss's.

While the WB's are the source of chrono pages for the 100 skills, Fuzzy see's this as secondary to the challenge they provide to the smaller factions. Me remember rallying Varden to Hornska Lord when we were all 6x/7x. It was a beautiful feeling of accomplishment for us to work as a faction and, after DPS'ing for 45min, to finally see it fall. Now, Fuzzy has come across 2 APS toons and 1 cleric falling WB;s all over the map on a daily basis. This makes Fuzzy cry. The lower lever characters, in smaller factions will never know the thrill we knew 16 months ago of killing one. They simply won't ever get the chance. The stronger people are simply too greedy to allow the rest of the server to have a chance to earn their stripes.

I bid you farewell, you alcoholic barb you b:chuckle

Yes, those who know Fuzzy know he enjoys a beer at the end of the day, and thank you for that.

Fuzzy would wager no player can handle their char quite as well after a wobbly pop or two..... or twelve. b:chuckle

The panda was the first on RT with full 80 gold, the first with full 90 gold, the first with full Lunar and as to me knowledge even still the only one with full Lunar Nirvana. Half of which was accomplished only due to those who were in squad with the panda after he had had one or two.

Some of the best memories are of running the first full Lunar with Esuna etc, them putting up with the nonsense of a half-cut barb. But hey, that's what made it fun.

Fuzzy used to live for the challenge and those who have run with him can attest to the fact me loved to do things differently. Sadly, now, unless you conform to the "lets get er done as fast as possible" mentality, most people have no patience to work with you.

Well, that is their loss.

Some of the most fun comes at the wee hours of the morning when everyone is perhaps a little inebriated, or overtired, or just plain crazy and are willing to try anything.

Fuzzy will miss that touch of insanity.

b:chuckle
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Night night Fuzzy.
    & yes me did detect your post at 12:30.
    o_O'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Also, as an after-thought, maybe it would be fun to fraps a quick video of selling a Scroll of Tome and a set of +7 Deicides to an NPC.

Toy gave Fuzzy the idea. b:laugh

edit: Too bad its bound, because how many people would it make cry to fraps the npc'ing of the beautiful Cascade Glow? b:laugh
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm still hoping that maybe they'll eventually implement a new farmable instance with some gears better than r9 that you actually have to farm or buy from other farmers. Preferably one with lots of defense levels as well as higher defense than lunar-nirvana/r9 :P

It's all about LoL,yo.