Bm's and rank gear

Options
Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver
Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Tideswell (East)
Thanks to a past topic that kept being brought up, who else thinks rank 8 & 9 gear for bm's are lameb:infuriated? o.o Of Course the weapons are decent.
Post edited by Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You nabs are the second most annoying class for me.When played well.
    mediocre bms = hump material.

You ahhh lost mah train of thought darvit -.-
    But as far as i know r9> everything but Nirvy > r8 o.o
  • Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You nabs are the second most annoying class for me.When played well.
    mediocre bms = hump material.

You ahhh lost mah train of thought darvit -.-
    But as far as i know r9> everything but Nirvy > r8 o.o

Well in that case, do you really want our help next time you need a squad?

oops lost my train of thought. eeh, all you will normally see a bm wearing when it comes to rank 8 is the pole axe and the chest piece. Everything else, in the bucket.
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well in that case, do you really want our help next time you need a squad?

oops lost my train of thought. eeh, all you will normally see a bm wearing when it comes to rank 8 is the pole axe and the chest piece. Everything else, in the bucket.

o.o No. pshh like i run instances anymore was talking about pvp though so...thanks for the confusion of me o.e

And dont think ive ever seen a r8 or 9 bm on DW O.o"
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Only good thing about rank for BM are the R9 axes.

Invest the coins in refining/gems/nirvana gear instead.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @ Alias and Neal: There are, but just goes to show you how the rank gear seems a bit unattractive to bm's for all the coin/cash that is needed to be spent on for so little.
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've only seen two Bms with rank 8. Nirvana seems more appealing to be honest :/
    I know one of the bms and he got it for the rings and to get rank 9 weapons. The armor does seem a bit lacking.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Aw. I can't vote. There is no "Rank is useless for BM but don't change it cause they annoy me in TW enough already" option. >>
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    only reason ppl say they'r lame is cause all people care about is int.

but u see like bb goign around 1 shot ppl with +11 G15 axes. thats only jj bless as attack lvl. full R9 bm with axes > +12 TT100 int bm >.<

ofc its not good for farming but what the heck. a full R9 bm would be quite good in tw.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yes i agree with the rank 9 being good. But I wouldn't put so much money/coin in something i wouldn't be using so often. For -int, well it is fun for farming, but how is it that rank 9 for barbs get -int in their gear when bm's don't o.o? Seems like the gear makes bm's more for tanking.
  • Satchiko - Dreamweaver
    Satchiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yes i agree with the rank 9 being good. But I wouldn't put so much money/coin in something i wouldn't be using so often. For -int, well it is fun for farming, but how is it that rank 9 for barbs get -int in their gear when bm's don't o.o? Seems like the gear makes bm's more for tanking.

Haven't you figured it out yet? It's because PW has a sense humour and likes to troll people.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Haven't you figured it out yet? It's because PW has a sense humour and likes to troll people.

-_____- Some humor.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Darn I suppose I am the only one who thought a BM was a bowel movement.

b:sweat
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Roll an archer b:quiet
    Edit : A sage one!
    edited February 2011
    Options
    QQ I thought about making a archer, but mentioning it people laugh at me saying the bm class is my element. :/ Guess it is because i like being up close and personal b:cute
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Umm how exactly is the BM rank gear lame? o.O

The rank 8 armours are quite comparable to your TT99 armours except for the fact that they cant be upgraded to nirvana and dont give set bonuses. They also give STR instead of VIT.

Of course its lacking compared to nirvana, but thats already understandable.

At present, people value -interval a lot more than anything else, which is why its seen as lacking. From an all round point of view, its just as good as your tt99 armour and probably works out cheaper to acquire with all these rank sales, DQ points, etc.
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Umm how exactly is the BM rank gear lame? o.O

The rank 8 armours are quite comparable to your TT99 armours except for the fact that they cant be upgraded to nirvana and dont give set bonuses. They also give STR instead of VIT.

Of course its lacking compared to nirvana, but thats already understandable.

At present, people value -interval a lot more than anything else, which is why its seen as lacking. From an all round point of view, its just as good as your tt99 armour and probably works out cheaper to acquire with all these rank sales, DQ points, etc.

They are not lame, they are just not cool enough to spend coins on.
    edited March 2011
    Options

Yes and some what. Unfortunatley it is all about -int now. You see a Nivry squad in WC and try to get in and ask to join, think what they are going to ask? Yep, that's right your -int. Sure I'll go with my friends and faction but -.- Zzzzz sometimes they want it so late at night and i need my sleep.
  • grimreaperhc
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes and some what. Unfortunatley it is all about -int now. You see a Nivry squad in WC and try to get in and ask to join, think what they are going to ask? Yep, that's right your -int. Sure I'll go with my friends and faction but -.- Zzzzz sometimes they want it so late at night and i need my sleep.

That's true.

However there are still people which are running ordinary Nirvana without APS. I've seen some veno ( sorry can't remember the name at the moment ) and Baalbak to WC looking for "normal" people to run Nirvana with.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's true.

However there are still people which are running ordinary Nirvana without APS. I've seen some veno ( sorry can't remember the name at the moment ) and Baalbak to WC looking for "normal" people to run Nirvana with.

AHAHAHA I know Baal. I'm lucky enough to get in his squad now with him being so popular with his generous squads. One of the few that knows what people in this game need when it comes to getting help in getting their gear.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    aww shucks b:cute

ive been doing a lot of nirvana here lately believe it or not. true you get the oh so popular "aps squad?" response when you WC for a group for multiple runs, and it can be quite annoying at times to get an interview rather than a squad. But.. I've done runs with people who weren't -int statted beyond the 99 gold wrists / ashura & lionheart bonuses (and many who don't even have that yet) and we still get it done in a decent amount of time. Granted its nothing compared to a full 5.0 aps squad that just carries a sin for BP and cleric for rezzing, but by my books a non cash shop squad that can take out the first boss at a rate of getting the first circle traps at 700k HP is doing pretty damn good with coordination of debuffs/amps/sparks etc.

on the note of forming my squads - i generally take the first responses that i get to my PM's regardless of class/aps/channeling demon or sage. Theres a lot of raw talent out there ive discovered in so doing, rather than just saying "aps or gtfo".

any rate.. ive farmed enough nirvy in the last few days to pump my rep from 8k (earned through questing) up to 190k. Just a few more coins and I'm gonna be rocking r8 and chilling on gear till the next rank sale comes around when i plan to work towards full r9.

IMO getter - build your toon with the gear you think is best for what your role is supposed to be in the aspects of the game you play. Yeah its great that BM can be fist machines and all for farming, but aren't they supposed to be a squad support class? Doesn't dropping to LA gear for 5.0 make you squishier and less capable of that role? Isn't full rank 9 (on sale) about the cost of a single stage 2 nirvana weapon - and you get attack/def level bonuses to boot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • grimreaperhc
    edited March 2011
    Options
    IMO getter - build your toon with the gear you think is best for what your role is supposed to be in the aspects of the game you play.

Respect! b:thanks

PS: Wait till I get to 100, me wants to try out Nirvy as well! b:avoid b:cute
    edited March 2011
    Options
    aww shucks b:cute

ive been doing a lot of nirvana here lately believe it or not. true you get the oh so popular "aps squad?" response when you WC for a group for multiple runs, and it can be quite annoying at times to get an interview rather than a squad. But.. I've done runs with people who weren't -int statted beyond the 99 gold wrists / ashura & lionheart bonuses (and many who don't even have that yet) and we still get it done in a decent amount of time. Granted its nothing compared to a full 5.0 aps squad that just carries a sin for BP and cleric for rezzing, but by my books a non cash shop squad that can take out the first boss at a rate of getting the first circle traps at 700k HP is doing pretty damn good with coordination of debuffs/amps/sparks etc.

on the note of forming my squads - i generally take the first responses that i get to my PM's regardless of class/aps/channeling demon or sage. Theres a lot of raw talent out there ive discovered in so doing, rather than just saying "aps or gtfo".

any rate.. ive farmed enough nirvy in the last few days to pump my rep from 8k (earned through questing) up to 190k. Just a few more coins and I'm gonna be rocking r8 and chilling on gear till the next rank sale comes around when i plan to work towards full r9.

IMO getter - build your toon with the gear you think is best for what your role is supposed to be in the aspects of the game you play. Yeah its great that BM can be fist machines and all for farming, but aren't they supposed to be a squad support class? Doesn't dropping to LA gear for 5.0 make you squishier and less capable of that role? Isn't full rank 9 (on sale) about the cost of a single stage 2 nirvana weapon - and you get attack/def level bonuses to boot?

No i don't have LA. Staying true to my Armor of choice. Yeah, working on the nirvana thing there. Soon I will tank,DD, and look stylish in my new threads ;D
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    QQ I thought about making a archer, but mentioning it people laugh at me saying the bm class is my element. :/ Guess it is because i like being up close and personal b:cute
    Make a fist/claw archer >.>

This >:

And what Balbaak said too. Failed at multi quoting again >.> and im to lazy to double check if what he said agrees with what im thinking. just a warning though balbaak...if its not...im going to eat your nose and squeeze your paws >,.>"

All in all though do whatever works for you.
    Tis a game and games should be played for fun and idk about you but after the initial fun following the "Best" way to build your charater gets lame after a while =/
    Which is why i changed my archer up a bit.
    Only thing is having fun with you char in pw is more likely than not expensive, time consuming, impractical and theres a 50% chance that youll regret it as soon as your done...which kinda defeats the purpose.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Make a fist/claw archer >.>

This >:

And what Balbaak said too. Failed at multi quoting again >.> and im to lazy to double check if what he said agrees with what im thinking. just a warning though balbaak...if its not...im going to eat your nose and squeeze your paws >,.>"

All in all though do whatever works for you.
    Tis a game and games should be played for fun and idk about you but after the initial fun following the "Best" way to build your charater gets lame after a while =/
    Which is why i changed my archer up a bit.
    Only thing is having fun with you char in pw is more likely than not expensive, time consuming, impractical and theres a 50% chance that youll regret it as soon as your done...which kinda defeats the purpose.

Well, seeing how Earthguard already can't use a bow or any other weapon but swords, seems that the GM's might be getting ready to make weapons restricted to their own classes soon.
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, seeing how Earthguard already can't use a bow or any other weapon but swords, seems that the GM's might be getting ready to make weapons restricted to their own classes soon.
    Wroar thats kinda lame =/
    Wont be able to use my dual swords if they do b:cry
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wroar thats kinda lame =/
    Wont be able to use my dual swords if they do b:cry

*dangle claws in front of you* Think you can hit 95 to get the epic lunar claws in time if they do ;p?
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If they dont do it within the next 3 years..maybe o.o"
    edited March 2011
    Options
    <.<
    >.>

*licks them* Mine

Then has lunar claw babies with them. Dude, I'm so sorry, no idea what happened o.o
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ........*Sells the babies to the highest bidders*
    *Eats the mother* >:
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ........*Sells the babies to the highest bidders*
    *Eats the mother* >: