Seeker: Fist Build

BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Seeker
aw, c'mon, you know its coming . . . .
"And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
Post edited by BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Seekers can't even use fists...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

*catches breath*

fail thread, can a mod close it pls
    Retired b:bye
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Hes right, its gonna happen >_<

Someones gna get a 100 seeker 5aps fist as soon as they can to win the celestial tiger event on it. b:surrender

I kinda wish they did stick requisite bm on fists just like daggers: req sin, but itll probably never happen. b:cry
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Weaponless Seeker build b:chuckle
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2011

ofcorse it is, any new melee class they add will inevitably become anouther 5.0 aps class. they need to lock fists/claws to only be able to be used by archers and blademasters. cause lets face it, even if no skills a seeker has can be used with claws, there are still gonna be people using fists/claws. prime example iss a fist user barbarian, i mean, come on, they can't even use any skills other than spark eruption with claws equip, but it don't matter, cause other than buffs and spark eruption do 5.0 aps users really even use consistantly?.....

plz lock claw weapons to archers and BMs, it would suck to have a new class created just to have them turn out to be twisted into an exact copy of every other 5.0 aps user...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • SandraPlease - Sanctuary
    SandraPlease - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Seekers cant use any other weapon then swords. They cant equip fists.
    edited February 2011
    Seekers cant use any other weapon then swords. They cant equip fists.

um, can i get a source for that plz? cause i have been put under the impression that while all their skills are locked to swords, the class was not locked to only being able to use swords.

don't get me wrong here, i'm not dissing you, or saying i don't believe you. trust me, i would really like for you to be right. i mean, to finally have a melee class without the 5.0 aps option, and finally have some origional biulds out there, would be great. but can i please get a source? i just can't quite see pwi doing something that limits the money they can make on a new class... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    um, can i get a source for that plz?

Happy now?

The red line of text shows the classes that are able to use fists/claws and as you can see, seeker isn't one of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Fail OP is fail. Now the question is: will anybody want them if they can't do comparable damage to 5.0's? This leads me to believe that they will be insanely OP compared to the standard non-5.0 classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    What someone translated from the chinese GMs is that they would make sure seekers are compensated for not being able to go 5 aps. No idea in what way they would do that but yes making them have strong skills might be what they have planned.

Also isnt it strange to use OP two times but with two different meanings in the same post? Confusing anyway
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What someone translated from the chinese GMs is that they would make sure seekers are compensated for not being able to go 5 aps. No idea in what way they would do that but yes making them have strong skills might be what they have planned.

Also isnt it strange to use OP two times but with two different meanings in the same post? Confusing anyway

Sorry about that! Didn't even think of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Happy now?

The red line of text shows the classes that are able to use fists/claws and as you can see, seeker isn't one of them.

actually yes, i'm quite happy ^,..,^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Greetings fail thread, my name is Ace, and the OP is a damn idiot for staining the new Seeker section with this bull-****, without even researching what this class can/cannot do. :}
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • skyepersona
    skyepersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    they need to lock fists/claws to only be able to be used by archers and blademasters.

No, they need to lock fists and claws to ONLY BMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    No, they need to lock fists and claws to ONLY BMs.

um, no, if you knew anything about an archer you'd know that since the start of the game fists/claws have been an archer's way of using it's melee attacks. some use swords, but most decide fists/claws are best so they can still put more points in dex. so only BMs and archers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sconzy - Archosaur
    Sconzy - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    just saying: seekers will still have good aps without fists/claws. Aps on sword/blade is 1.11 so do the math.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    My wizard has a set of fists, so it will be very funny to me if they don't let a seeker use them. Itsy-bitsy baby fists, but he certainly can equip them.

I guess we shall see . . . .

And I am amazed at the virulent defense this class has before anyone has even played it.

Some of you act like I was putting a fist on your mother. b:surrender

Would be funny if they don't get bloodpaint too.

*inb4 all the qq and thread sites showing them with chinese bloodpaint buff . . . . b:bye
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    they need to lock fists/claws to only be able to be used by archers and blademasters.

Made me lol even more than the op stupidity.
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    made Me Lol Even More Than The Op Stupidity.
    +10000000000
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
    edited February 2011
    Made me lol even more than the op stupidity.
    +10000000000

are you all freaking kidding me? nobody else but me still recognizes fists/claws as an archer's melee weapon? archers have afew melee skills, and using claws allows them to use a melee weapon without adding very many more points to str. that way it doesn't gimp their amount of dex and very little attack power is subtracted from their bows. is this really the first you all are hearing of this stratigy? it's been around since frackin beta! if it is the first you are hearing of this concept, and truely think it makes no sence, then you all need to go research abit more before you play this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2011
    Barbs, Venos, clerics and wizards have also been using fists/claws since the betas. To me that seems to be your only argument for why archers should be allowed to keep on using fists and therefor is made mute. Sorry.
    edited February 2011
    Barbs, Venos, clerics and wizards have also been using fists/claws since the betas. To me that seems to be your only argument for why archers should be allowed to keep on using fists and therefor is made mute. Sorry.

you need ta read again. i was saying that archers have been using fists/claws for a reason since beta. the reason is as followed, that way you can read it without distraction:

they have melee skills they can use, fists/claws are the best choice for them with those skills, and here's why:

fists cost so little str that it allows them to keep their bows as strong as possible while still having the option of a melee weapon. they also need a melee weapon because:

a bow's damage is halved at close range, so a melee weapon is needed in some circumstances, and yes, i know, fists/claws usually have a slightly lower attack still than bows with halves damage, however:

due to the fact that fists/claws have also double the attack rate of ranged weapons in general, the speed makes up for it(without being 5.0) and it allows them not to waste ammo on something they're only gonna do half damage to.

was that clear and separated enough for everyone to understand. seriously, most archers have, or should have the possibility of fist weapons in their biuld.

there is really no reason not to. come to think of it, aslong as you can equip an hp increasing helmet, you have the ability to equip claws near the level of the helmet. obviously this takes the amount of dispersal of the points in str to not be all at once the level before you get the helmet, but still it allows for the use of claws. and archers already have the dex requirement from bows.

so using claws gives them the ability to fight mobs at close range, with their melee skills, without adding an additional str cost at all...

seriously, why is anyone agrueing that fists aren't an archer's melee weapon of choice?.... what would you have them use to use their melee skills? axes, polearms, swords? all of those would require adding more str, nerfing their bows power, and 2 of the 3 other options of melee weapons make it so they couldn't use their bow of their level.

so, if fists/claws aren't an archer's melee weapon of choice for their close range skills, please, i insist, offer a better option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MrSnipe - Raging Tide
    MrSnipe - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    are you all freaking kidding me? nobody else but me still recognizes fists/claws as an archer's melee weapon? archers have afew melee skills, and using claws allows them to use a melee weapon without adding very many more points to str. that way it doesn't gimp their amount of dex and very little attack power is subtracted from their bows. is this really the first you all are hearing of this stratigy? it's been around since frackin beta! if it is the first you are hearing of this concept, and truely think it makes no sence, then you all need to go research abit more before you play this game.

I hit about 1500 if i use wingspan with fists and 4500 with my sling b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a sniping CAT! b:shocked
    Run for your lives!
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Just lock Claws and fists to BM , that 5.0 aps craze makes my head dizzy and hurt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Seekers can't equip fists, or have 5 APS.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.