Genesis Expansion Facts and Myths

Options
Tiageos - Sanctuary
Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
FACT: There is a new expansion coming on March 2. Get ready for a massive download since we haven't had any preloading of data like they have done in the past.

FACT: There will be new areas to explore, but the only new instance is the GuildHall. Again a new race with no FB19 because the "didn't have it developed in time". (We're still waiting on the same for the Tideborn race, they gave the same excuse a year ago.)

FACT: There are two new classes coming out, the Seeker and the Mystic. Anything you hear about the classes that hasn't been announced here officially, just ignore.

FACT: There will be cool new stuff in the Boutique related to the new classes. Items will also likely drop in price around April or so, so don't go nuts.

FACT: The TW map is being reset. I can't remember when we had to fight mobs last, so this will be interesting. It's basically a free-for-all until the larger factions get a grip on the land. Should last about a month.
Also, it's not likely that we will see the motorcycle mount and gear for several more months. Although I am sure the Year of the Rabbit pack / shop / fashion / all-class pets are just around the corner.

FACT: There will not be any character slots added.

FACT: There will not be increase in squad size.

Myth: There will be a new server?
Not bloody likely. In any case, it hasn't been announced, and no one will be able to tell you if there will be one until it is announced so stop asking already.

Myth: Lots of new mobs and none are tameable.
To the best of my knowledge, this has never been confirmed. I am sure that some of them will be tameable, so until we hear otherwise, Assume that some will be just like the mobs that came with the tideborns.

Myth: APS is getting Nerfed.
I've heard the rumors that CN is considering a change to the APS system, but that's all they are. Just rumors. I haven't seen any official announcements.

Myth: FCC is being reverted to the way it used to be.
Again, we haven't heard any solid information, it's just speculation. With the new guild bases and high-experience quests there, I wouldn't be surprised if they did take FCC back to the way it was to push people to spend on guild halls. Again though, it's all just speculation.

Myth: The Level Cap is raising to XXX.
Again, we will hear from Frankie if anything like this is going to happen. I doubt it. We only have a few people that have hit the current cap, so it's not like there's a real reason to raise it. Besides, the FB109 instances are currently being used for Warsong and Nirvana so they'll have to do a major redesign there. It's not like they've even finished fixing/adding the things promised from the last expansion.

If you've got something interesting, I'll add it to the list =P
Also this should be stickied for required reading. Enough fail threads already, you make the mods work too hard having to close them all.
Post edited by Tiageos - Sanctuary on

Comments

• budi66
    budi66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Myth: Seekers will use claymores.
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    budi66 wrote: »
    Myth: Seekers will use claymores.

Which is interesting, because it was previously rumored that they are limited to Swords, yet in THIS video, they specifically state claymores. Since the claymore is a form of sword.... We'll just have to wait for the expansion to find out if it's a new class of sword specifically for the Seeker, or if it is just limited to the existing sword selection.

We do know that the Mystics will use the current mage-class standard weapon line though. (Magic Sword, Glaive, Wand, and Pataka)
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Myth: Mystics will replace venomancers.

Each class have their advantages and disadvantages, strengths and weaknesses, etc. While mystics can be compared to venos, they're not identical nor superior. Mystics are normally slower on foot for one thing. It also still depends on how you play.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Again, we will hear from Frankie if anything like this is going to happen. I doubt it. We only have a few people that have hit the current cap, so it's not like there's a real reason to raise it. Besides, the FB109 instances are currently being used for Warsong and Nirvana so they'll have to do a major redesign there. It's not like they've even finished fixing/adding the things promised from the last expansion
    They have already said that the level cap will NOT be increased. You can take this one out as a Myth cuz it is now fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Myth: Stickying this thread will prevent people from spamming new threads asking if there will be a new server, if earthguard can see stealthed assassins, etc. ad nauseam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Manakel - Dreamweaver
    Manakel - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Anyways, who are you to confirm what's a fact and what's a myth ? Are you even part of the pwe staff ? Just wait for the actual expansion to see by yourself what's was a myth and what will actually be a fact.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8149449004&dateline=1294904331[/SIGPIC]
    Dreamweaver chars:
    Zahikel 101 Cleric, Celestial Demon
    Manakel 100 Veno, Demon (semi-retired)
    Kaeden 93 Archer, Demon
    Asthariel new Mystic :3
  • imprisonedbylove
    imprisonedbylove Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Not bloody likely. In any case, it hasn't been announced, and no one will be able to tell you if there will be one until it is announced so stop asking already.

They only gave us like a weeks notice when Archo opened and I believe like just two weeks with RT so I wouldnt be surprised if they dont confirm or deny this one until the very last second. b:surrender
    22d782a2-7d3f-4a43-9a33-204dda1f5895_zps7bvlfoxw.png
    A little bm spirit and a little sage heart!
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fact: More than 1/2 of the PWI community is filled with gullible crybabies.
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • sikozu
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Myth: Stickying this thread will prevent people from spamming new threads asking if there will be a new server, if earthguard can see stealthed assassins, etc. ad nauseam.
    This does not deserve a sticky. It is only explaining what the xpack may or may not have that is already found everywhere els on the forums. The expansion is less than a week away so all of these questions / answers wont have any need anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    To the best of my knowledge, this has never been confirmed. I am sure that some of them will be tameable, so until we hear otherwise, Assume that some will be just like the mobs that came with the tideborns.

this has been confirmed by people on these forums who play venos on the PW-CN servers, who claim to have searched the new areas and found no new tameables. dig around in the venomancer forum a little, that thread's sunk deep because it's considered no longer in dispute.

FACT: stating any "fact" in comic sans makes you look like you're writing it in crayon. seriously, that font has its uses, but not when you wish to be taken... seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • sikozu
    edited February 2011
    Options
    this has been confirmed by people on these forums who play venos on the PW-CN servers, who claim to have searched the new areas and found no new tameables. dig around in the venomancer forum a little, that thread's sunk deep because it's considered no longer in dispute.
    That really makes me sad :( I saw some really nice flying dragonfly / butterfly mobs in the EG starting area. I really wanted to have those as cosmetic / battle pets T-T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manakel - Dreamweaver
    Manakel - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

FACT: stating any "fact" in comic sans makes you look like you're writing it in crayon. seriously, that font has its uses, but not when you wish to be taken... seriously.

Pwi doesnt always do exactly like PW-CN, you cannot confirm at 100% there'll be no new tameables til our patch is actually released.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8149449004&dateline=1294904331[/SIGPIC]
    Dreamweaver chars:
    Zahikel 101 Cleric, Celestial Demon
    Manakel 100 Veno, Demon (semi-retired)
    Kaeden 93 Archer, Demon
    Asthariel new Mystic :3
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fact: More than 1/2 of the PWI community is filled with gullible crybabies.
    I'd put that under myth, obviously it's way more than half
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pwi doesnt always do exactly like PW-CN, you cannot confirm at 100% there'll be no new tameables til our patch is actually released.

true, but when there are differences it's more often that PW-CN gets something we get to do without. i can't think of anything in-game PWI has that PW-CN doesn't have (or is said to not have).

i suspect this comes down to "the devels are in China"; seems to me the folks at PWE in the US don't have the ability (or the legal permission?) to add much to the game, whereas they do seem to be able to turn things off. what's been added for us has largely come as out-of-game add-ons, like the facebook tie-ins or the dragon point rewards. evidently the game engine and databases have "hooks" for external tie-ins like that, but i don't think there's much that can be added within the game itself without Beijing's cooperation.

and making a mob tameable is likely much more than flipping a switch on it. a veno pet needs base stats and stat growth plans, as well as base skills, all of which need playtesting before they can be considered "safe". considering how some mobs change name and graphics when tamed, i'm guessing that making a veno pet is more like making a brand new mob from scratch, rather than just taking an existing mob and checking a "tameable" checkbox in its properties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This is true.
    Anyways, who are you to confirm what's a fact and what's a myth ? Are you even part of the pwe staff ? Just wait for the actual expansion to see by yourself what's was a myth and what will actually be a fact.

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that everything labeled as a fact has been confirmed by either a post from a GM or an official announcement on the main page while anything labeled as a myth is just idle speculation by the playerbase which the GMs have taken no steps to either confirm or deny.
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fact: Earthguard will be OP
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Myth: GM's eat only with their feet

somone gimme a badass hat a test dummy and a build crew and lets test it
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Agreed. b:victory

@Rawrgh Why have you got a picture of Kantorek in your sig? b:chuckle
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This is true.

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that everything labeled as a fact has been confirmed by either a post from a GM or an official announcement on the main page while anything labeled as a myth is just idle speculation by the playerbase which the GMs have taken no steps to either confirm or deny.

Yeah, that's pretty much what the OP did.
    As for the pets and other noted differences, Frankie did say that the reason for the expansion release being pushed to March instead of the originally posted February, was because of changes that they were making to the code. It is very possible that they did listen to us, and worked up some tameable pets.
    Unfortunately it is still all speculation until the release. Not fact. No matter what your buddy who plays on CN says.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Which is interesting, because it was previously rumored that they are limited to Swords, yet in THIS video, they specifically state claymores. Since the claymore is a form of sword.... We'll just have to wait for the expansion to find out if it's a new class of sword specifically for the Seeker, or if it is just limited to the existing sword selection.

We do know that the Mystics will use the current mage-class standard weapon line though. (Magic Sword, Glaive, Wand, and Pataka)

There's still bloody people who think there is a new class of sword? Plenty of people who've played the CN server(such as me) have confirmed there are no new weapon types. Even the supply stash weapons use the same skins as current swords.

Furthermore, take a look at the picture Frankie posted on the R9 weapon: http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/516/claymorezb.jpg

It clearly states the weapon type is SWORD. Same goes for the R8 weapon picture.

And if you compare stats of the R8 sword to the BM's R8 Blade of the Monarch mind, you'll find that Seeker's R8 weapon has higher low end damage and lower high end damage, just like how current swords are compared to blades. It's also 1.11 APS like current swords too.

Lastly, if there was a new class of weapons for the Seeker, wouldn't their rank weapons of all things be of that new line of weapon instead of old ones?

So add this to your list:

FACT: Seekers use Sword, Blade, Dual Sword, Dual Blade
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    FACT: There is a new expansion coming on March 2. Get ready for a massive download since we haven't had any preloading of data like they have done in the past.

True, but it maybe push back at the last minute, you know how PWE work

FACT: There will be new areas to explore, but the only new instance is the GuildHall. Again a new race with no FB19 because the "didn't have it developed in time". (We're still waiting on the same for the Tideborn race, they gave the same excuse a year ago.)

True, but maybe in future since not every release yet.

FACT: There are two new classes coming out, the Seeker and the Mystic. Anything you hear about the classes that hasn't been announced here officially, just ignore.

Are you talking about my skill list or something like that? They are offically announce in Chinese version.

FACT: There will be cool new stuff in the Boutique related to the new classes. Items will also likely drop in price around April or so, so don't go nuts.

Yeah....a kite that hang the Earthground in mid-air...

FACT: The TW map is being reset. I can't remember when we had to fight mobs last, so this will be interesting. It's basically a free-for-all until the larger factions get a grip on the land. Should last about a month.
    Also, it's not likely that we will see the motorcycle mount and gear for several more months. Although I am sure the Year of the Rabbit pack / shop / fashion / all-class pets are just around the corner.

It is even better if they don't even have it in Chinese version...making me laugh everytime I check their forum, half of the threads are about suggestion to dev to make some mordon weapons.

Yes, Chinese version did got 2 new server, but since this is PWE, completely different thing about running the game.

I don't know much about them...all I did is translate and research about new classes

I've heard the rumors that CN is considering a change to the APS system, but that's all they are. Just rumors. I haven't seen any official announcements.

To whoever went to chinese forum and google translate it....All threads you saw about 5.0 nerf are just suggestion from players, the Wanmei dev didn't even said a word about it.

Myth: FCC is being reverted to the way it used to be.
    Again, we haven't heard any solid information, it's just speculation. With the new guild bases and high-experience quests there, I wouldn't be surprised if they did take FCC back to the way it was to push people to spend on guild halls. Again though, it's all just speculation.

Never heard anyone post thread about frost, so I guess it didn't change. I am also wondering how much people in here got a lvl80+ character in wanmei.

Again, we will hear from Frankie if anything like this is going to happen. I doubt it. We only have a few people that have hit the current cap, so it's not like there's a real reason to raise it. Besides, the FB109 instances are currently being used for Warsong and Nirvana so they'll have to do a major redesign there. It's not like they've even finished fixing/adding the things promised from the last expansion.

lvl cap didn't raise, still remain at 105. A lot of people talking about sin so knowing the current lvl cap is easy. Btw changes are mainly for chinese players, and wanmei got quite a lot lvl105.

If you've got something interesting, I'll add it to the list =P
    Also this should be stickied for required reading. Enough fail threads already, you make the mods work too hard having to close them all.

As for claymore. No, there will be no new type of weapon. If you look at Seeker's passive, it is Sword and Blade Mastery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    FACT: There will be cool new stuff in the BouApril or so, so don't go nutstique related to the new classes. Items will also likely drop in price around .

both of these are myths.

Edit: proof i made bold, italic and underlined.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fact: Earthguard will be OP

Actually that's a myth, since:

A.) Nether can get 5aps.....

and....

B.) They are not even out yet to prove that's true...

So, lets just stop jumping in to conclusions until next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Actually that's a myth, since:

A.) Nether can get 5aps.....

and....

B.) They are not even out yet to prove that's true...

So, lets just stop jumping in to conclusions until next week.

They are not even OP in Wanmei, Mystic is ok, but Seeker is just a sandbag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    They are not even OP in Wanmei, Mystic is ok, but Seeker is just a sandbag.

What do you mean by "Seeker is just a sandbag"? Your saying they are a useless class?

I know they lack stuns and all but whats the problem with them?

(And as I thought both new classes won't be OP unlike most people think about them).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Ash_ketchups - Sanctuary
    Ash_ketchups - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What do you mean by "Seeker is just a sandbag"? Your saying they are a useless class?

I know they lack stuns and all but whats the problem with them?

(And as I thought both new classes won't be OP unlike most people think about them).

Might mean they're like venos were in PvP prior to herc/nix aka punching bags for every other class.

Or maybe that they just soak up damage. IE: sandbags in smash bros.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lack of any type of control. Skill damage is low. Mp using also high like mystic. Debuff is not strong. Sword Mark skills are only effective with skill, no effect to normal attack, so even if you 5.0 it won't help. And also lvl79, 100 skills not out yet. Only thing they got is useful is: Range skill (20m), def lvl (30 def lvl at max), and their highly unstable stun (20% stun, but its a buff, so each attack you made got 20% stun).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lack of any type of control. Skill damage is low. Mp using also high like mystic. Debuff is not strong. Sword Mark skills are only effective with skill, no effect to normal attack, so even if you 5.0 it won't help. And also lvl79, 100 skills not out yet. Only thing they got is useful is: Range skill (20m), def lvl (30 def lvl at max), and their highly unstable stun (20% stun, but its a buff, so each attack you made got 20% stun).

By what you are saying my best guess in there performance in PvP and PvE will be this:

PvE: May be "good" at tanking due to high phy defense but hard to hold aggro. Great in FCC, TW, RB, PQ, and AoE grinding for DQ items because of there huge amount of AoE skills and high phy defense but damage out put won't be that great.

PvP: Might not be as OP as everyone think they are due to lack of stuns and even with high phy defense it wouldn't matter for magic classes (since all melee classes are weak to magic) and -int/5aps characters will dropping them just as easily as they drop barbs with large amounts of HP. But they do have range magic attacks to help kill BM's and barbs from a range and their AoE skills can take sins out of stealth mode, witch can help at some points.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • armsrace
    armsrace Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Pretty much a rumour started by a caster class to scare other people into making non APS char to avoid more QQ from their side. From there other casters caught on and spread the rumours, then scared the APS wannabes into believing it was confirmed for CN-pw.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    By what you are saying my best guess in there performance in PvP and PvE will be this:

PvE: May be "good" at tanking due to high phy defense but hard to hold aggro. Great in FCC, TW, RB, PQ, and AoE grinding for DQ items because of there huge amount of AoE skills and high phy defense but damage out put won't be that great.

PvP: Might not be as OP as everyone think they are due to lack of stuns and even with high phy defense it wouldn't matter for magic classes (since all melee classes are weak to magic) and -int/5aps characters will dropping them just as easily as they drop barbs with large amounts of HP. But they do have range magic attacks to help kill BM's and barbs from a range and their AoE skills can take sins out of stealth mode, witch can help at some points.

Seeker is basically the result of a wizard/archer smexing with a BM, and a Mystic is the product of cleric smexing with a psychic and then a veno b:shocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.