Wizard vs. Genesis

heavenskies
heavenskies Posts: 15 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Wizard
Is there a possibility that wizards will be shunned by other players when Genesis comes?...
Post edited by heavenskies on

Comments

• LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Shunned? They already are.

The real question is this. Will Genesis be the last nail in the coffin of the wizzard? A ranged caster with survivability and some team skills making him more desirable party member.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited February 2011
    mages? shunned? who would do such a silly thing?

silly, silly, silly.

yano, you shouldn't count random parties as a good farming experience. real farmers do it solo, with friends, or for guildies. most people have played long enough to level every class to 100 in pwi, I'm sure they have characters capable of farming for their others.
  • heavenskies
    heavenskies Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    prof wrote: »
    mages? shunned? who would do such a silly thing?

silly, silly, silly.

According to some threads I have read, Seekers SELF-centered continous aoe attacks every 1.5 secs and wiz have what... 3 sec per attack... really beats me outb:cryb:cryb:cry...

I just hope seekers are very much weaker that us (wizards)...
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    what prof means (i guess) is that people will squad with wizards if they have a farming alt b:avoid
    you only purge once #yopo
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    prof wrote: »
    most people have played long enough to level every class to 100 in pwi, I'm sure they have characters capable of farming for their others.

The name of your lvl 100 wizard on pwi again? I can't seem to remember it . . . b:chuckle
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Aurigae - Raging Tide
    Aurigae - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What's a wizard? :O
  • firedolphin
    firedolphin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What's a wizard? :O
    is a pw class...a nearly extinct class... Wizards are endangered species, unfortunately
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    is a pw class...a nearly extinct class... Wizards are endangered species, unfortunately

Can we just make it extinct already. With the 2 new class subsections on the forums, it's getting a little crowded in here.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2011

That's pretty much all the old classes. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2011

yep, lets face it, if you make a class that gives good magic damage like a wiz, and make it shoot faster, people will like it more in the beginning of a game, and as a result, less wizards.
    Can we just make it extinct already. With the 2 new class subsections on the forums, it's getting a little crowded in here.

no, go away fish mage, and make a real mage.

barbs, yes, wizards, yes, but the archer pop is on the rise, the veno pop nvr twitched, the cleric pop barely moved, and the BM population is through the frackin roof.

psychics might've had somethin ta do with the downfall of the wiz population, i've re-examined the evidence, and i'm ready ta admit that^^

barbs, i'm suprised asmany people ever played them, they're kinda boring. i mean, who wants ta look at the same dam tiger from lvls 1-100 every time they log on? and who wants ta deal with such a small mana tank?... the fish had nothin ta do with that low pop, and niether will genesis, and i dun think anything could crush the wiz pop any more than it's already been *****....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    no, go away fish mage, and make a real mage.

lolwat
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lolwat

^^^
    He made a real mage.

And yes, he did hyper to 100 between the time he responded and the time you last posted.

/inb4hyperQQ
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ^^^
    He made a real mage.

And yes, he did hyper to 100 between the time he responded and the time you last posted.

/inb4hyperQQ

and stalked a GM.. broke into his/her house.. put a keylogger on their computer.. logged in as a GM at his own house.. and changed the join date back to 2009 on his new wizard.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Sure mate. I'd love to have it done LAST in FIRST OUT method . Then you can be the first magic using class to go !~ b:bye
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
    edited February 2011
    well, obviously we have a hacker in the wizzy forum

..hide your kids...
    edited February 2011
    lolwat

wow fishy you made a wizard ^,..,^ good fer you, now frackin keep on it...
    ^^^
    He made a real mage.

/inb4hyperQQ

i knew it! XD oh, and don't forget the oracleing, ya can't make a lvl 100 noob without afew of those b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Good wizzies are few and far between....always has been like tht and always will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    whitevoodoo is starting to smell either like yulk or like a troll o:
    edited February 2011
    Good wizzies are few and far between....always has been like tht and always will.

speaks the truth
    whitevoodoo is starting to smell either like yulk or like a troll o:

yulk or a troll? is there a difference between the two?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    and stalked a GM.. broke into his/her house.. put a keylogger on their computer.. logged in as a GM at his own house.. and changed the join date back to 2009 on his new wizard.

yes. and i got 2k kills on a pve server in 2 days.
    Sure mate. I'd love to have it done LAST in FIRST OUT method

That's what she said. b:thanks
  • Kawikkon - Sanctuary
    Kawikkon - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    u wizzy's are so worry about being replace b:chuckle
    I DO NOT C PREPAID CADS IN THE STATE OF HAWAII IN 7-11 STORES!!!
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited March 2011

ikr? venos are the ones really being replaced with this expansion thank god.
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wonder why Wizards are so underrated. It's the most fun class to play after Cleric. :c
  • MarioElGris - Dreamweaver
    MarioElGris - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011

'Worry time' was when APS became mainstream some months ago. Now we make fun of it.
  • XSloth - Harshlands
    XSloth - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Old classes? Wht r thy? nly erthgrd n sin r plyed. tey da bst lol

Shxt aside the Devs dont really play wizzies (and seem to be just looking for the easiest way to make money b:shutup) so shortest end the stick goes to yall a lot but awesome for yall hardworking wizzies and keep on playing, your generally more reliable than most b:victory Hardwork & time > $$
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Nope. I keep this character just to make sure the wizard forum stays here to annoy you for eternity. b:avoid

(actually still like playing wizard in tw, slowly working on a sin farming alt, and playing less most of the time)
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Nope. I keep this character just to make sure the wizard forum stays here to annoy you for eternity. b:avoid

(actually still like playing wizard in tw, slowly working on a sin farming alt, and playing less most of the time)

Hahaha I'm jk. Wizards will always be a valuable asset in TW. Say hi to casty for me!
  • IGodly - Sanctuary
    IGodly - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wizards are a great class, they have the strongest magical attack in the game not to mention the number of skills they have. but when genesis comes out i think that wizards will become more of a classic.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wizards have been a classic, the only "good" wizzies on harshlands are the old ones who have had their gear forever. Most everyone else has +10 gears and no skill at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wizards have been a classic, the only "good" wizzies on harshlands are the old ones who have had their gear forever. Most everyone else has +10 gears and no skill at all.

I know this is true, cuz there's not a single good wizard on RT or Arch b:chuckle

wait...

b:beatup
This discussion has been closed.