Is it useless and a waste of spirit and money to upgrade the Flight Mastery skill?

Options
Umbrotalaris - Archosaur
Umbrotalaris - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Cleric
Is it useless and a waste of spirit and money to upgrade the Flight Mastery skill?
Post edited by Umbrotalaris - Archosaur on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Depends on if you teleport everywhere or not. And if you're ever gonna buy cash shop wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Frostwish - Raging Tide
    Frostwish - Raging Tide Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Depends. If you're going to stick with your Wings of Winged Elves your entire PW life, then no, it is not useless and can help you fly a lot faster than your Eagle wings. However, if you plan on buying Cash Shop wings that are faster than 2.0 flying speed, then yes, Flight Mastery might be a little useless.

However, even though I got CS wings (from a friend<3) I still maxed my flight mastery because I didn't get my wings until level 50+. So during my first 50 levels, 2.0 flight help a lot. It actually doesn't take that much spirit/coins to max it... when you get to the higher levels... FC provides you with a HUGE load of spirit, and the coins aren't that bad.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

I maxed it for lulz in my 90s :o
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    your genie must be crying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Depends on if you teleport everywhere or not. And if you're ever gonna buy cash shop wings.

Agreed no it is not useless even if you get cashshop wings nice to switch back to the ole originals.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    2.0 wings on my server run around 5-7 mil average, I think. 107k Spirit and 140k coin to have 2.0 wings was worth it for me. Gave the wings I'd paid coin for to my archer instead. Wish I had done it sooner. b:victory
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I used my originals wings until i was 87, now I used the event boutique 2,5 wings, so i dont say fly mastery is a wasted of money for me is one of the best skill that elves have.
  • Galliteya - Heavens Tear
    Galliteya - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    On my cleric I am currently leveling it every chance I get. It may seem crazy but here is why I chose too.

When you reach level 30 and take the aerial quest. Your new free flying mount has a max speed of .50 without using the accelerate button. Well right now my cleric has a flight speed of .80. When maxed will be 2.00. So you think. Would you rather use the level 30 eagle wings or the free starter beautiful elven wings. :) You must choose. b:chuckleb:cute
  • HellsNoir - Sanctuary
    HellsNoir - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    To me, I find the skill useless really, but then again I bought wings to get around that. If you dont plan on buying wings then yeah Id say lvl it cause your already slow enough on land, dont need to be as slow in the air lol.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Slacker - did mine early 80's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Slacker - did mine early 80's.

Shut up Ted, I had to max out Thunderball! I was getting ready for the Demon version b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's just an option I'm not sure why. So you get choices on where to spend your coins - cash shop wings, or upgraded whites. A maxed Flight Mastery grants +2 speed. Most cash shop wings are faster than +2.

Personally I maxed the white wings because 1.) I'm cheap, and 2.) I like those little white wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My cleric is only lvl21 so far but I am going to keep her starter wings and get the eagle wings.
    The reason being the whites use mp points, so I'll use Eagle wings when I'm using skills in the airb:victory
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My cleric is only lvl21 so far but I am going to keep her starter wings and get the eagle wings.
    The reason being the whites use mp points, so I'll use Eagle wings when I'm using skills in the airb:victory

Clerics don't use MP to fly, only archers.

at least, I never use any XD nor does any other cleric I know.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    if you are going to buy cashshop wings that got +2 or more then yes.

if not... then no.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Baoxian - Raging Tide
    Baoxian - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Clerics don't use MP to fly, only archers.

at least, I never use any XD nor does any other cleric I know.

Clerics use MP to fly, I mentioned it when It had my first air Quests.
    I was running out of Mana, faster then on Ground.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Clerics use MP to fly, but since we have high mp regen, it looks like we're not using any MP at all. When you fight in the air, the drain becomes much more obvious because our mp regen is quartered.

As for me, I maxed flight mastery, because I didn't get the cash shop wings until my late 70's. Those +2 white wings sure helped me get around for bh39, 51 and 59. I'd say it's worth it unless you plan to get cash shop wings REALLY early. XD
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Clerics use MP to fly, but since we have high mp regen, it looks like we're not using any MP at all. When you fight in the air, the drain becomes much more obvious because our mp regen is quartered.

This is why it is best to use celestial guardian seal lvl 3 to make up for the lost mp good for archers to.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Ash_ketchups - Sanctuary
    Ash_ketchups - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This is why it is best to use celestial guardian seal lvl 8 or above to make up for the lost mp good for archers to.

Remember your MP regen is reduced to 1/4 during combat, so in order to negate the 2 MP/sec drain, you'd need to get at least 8 MP/sec recovery. This is, of course, assuming we're simply negating the MP loss from the buff. If we were to take mag, +MP recovery gear, apoths, etc into account then it would become far easier.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I maxed out that skill because I was using the regular freebie wings until I got my seraphic mist in my 70s. At least you get to fly at 2.0 instead of those Eagle Wings that are much slower. I guess it really depends on how cheap you want to be and whether or not you care about getting cs wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Amourie - Heavens Tear
    Amourie - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm still using my original wings with the maxed mastery skill and don't plan to change it >_>