Why sage bms are not honest?

Options
Sunked - Lost City
Sunked - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Blademaster
I had little argument with some sage bm, she was saying that sage is dealing more dmg. and overfall better than demon bm.

Im demon, switched form sage recently after some research. So lets sum up:
1. PVE
Demon
5aps sparked (20% more dmg)
1% more overall dmg due to mastery (1% crit)
HF - 9 sec

Sage
4 aps sparked, need to use heel which, in that time i hit like 5 times, genie skills r not spamable
15% more wep. dmg with sage mastery which is what? 100-150 for fist?
HF - 6 sec
And there is buff but some extra phys def. Is it worth to go sage? (look 3)

2. PVP
Demon got better stuns, and better marrows, and demon bell works better for pvp.
whats better for sage idk? maybe spark but how often u spark in pk anyway

3. Other
Being able to drop LA parts as demon will let u use some other armour pieces, sage if like to keep high aps need to gimp mag resistance, (cant use mag res. jewellery). hp (LA refine bad) and phys. res. (due to LA parts again),
Getting some phys. res. back with bell but never seen any squad asking for sage buffs its not like sage bp which can make difference.
Not to mention nice bonuses from nv/hh99/rank sets

Even if u not going -int (which makes u useless in pve) what's still point of being sage? I honestly cant find ANY reason to be sage bm...

Was i wrong? is sage really superior as most of them thinks? cose im not missing anything from sage, and i would miss alot from demon if i switch back...
Post edited by Sunked - Lost City on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sunked - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    but but... what if just maybe little small if, u maybe not antairly totaly right? i know is hard to imagine, but just consider it...
    naa thats impossible, lets just spam mods to close entire bm forum as all answers are already here

prise the Joshcja for being kind enough and sharing his wisdom! b:thanks
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You are welcome my child *blesses* go forth and troll no more b:cute
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    an extra 35% fire damage, and extra 3 second HF, and 100% crit rate for 5 seconds.. gee i wonder who is stronger.

True Sage has higher base damage, but it is the demon support skills that overthrows sage. Sage skills are horrible.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sage BMs still exist? b:shocked
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Zolex - Lost City
    Zolex - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Now please think normally (if u dont know how to do it then better dont think) This game is balanced or it was once but all the games used to be balanced. Demons have their advantage Sages aswell. What the hell disturbs u? Did some sage bm killed u or u never saw 5 aps sage bm or whats up?! Move ur *** on Lost City and u will see how to play the game. I had an idea too to turn from sage to demon once but hell NO after I saw ppl like VVarrior I wont.
    Good thing to demons is that they reAch faster 5 aps. But Im fkn sure a 5 aps saga BM with +12 refines does more damage than a demon. Its just my opinion about % things cause I cant afford to refine my stuff like that but I say what I saw
  • Zolex - Lost City
    Zolex - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    and dont use google translator if ur Kung fu panda....
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Don't try to reason with sage BM's, just laugh at them when their roar misses.
  • imprisonedbylove
    imprisonedbylove Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sage BMs still exist? b:shocked

They exist indeed b:pleased even on the newer servers ^.^
    22d782a2-7d3f-4a43-9a33-204dda1f5895_zps7bvlfoxw.png
    A little bm spirit and a little sage heart!
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Now please think normally (if u dont know how to do it then better dont think) This game is balanced or it was once but all the games used to be balanced. Demons have their advantage Sages aswell. What the hell disturbs u? Did some sage bm killed u or u never saw 5 aps sage bm or whats up?! Move ur *** on Lost City and u will see how to play the game. I had an idea too to turn from sage to demon once but hell NO after I saw ppl like VVarrior I wont.
    Good thing to demons is that they reAch faster 5 aps. But Im fkn sure a 5 aps saga BM with +12 refines does more damage than a demon. Its just my opinion about % things cause I cant afford to refine my stuff like that but I say what I saw

I was a 5APS sage before I changed to 5APS demon; the skills for demon are better fit for PvP aspects (bell, marrows, stuns, gear being full HA) as well as PvE aspects (longer HF, better DPS for farming).

5APS sage is a lot less damage than 5APS demon. You only get 100% fire damage from canceling Sage DBB, whereas you get 135% fire damage from canceling DBB. Then you have the cyclone heel delay of like .7 seconds.

I was getting on average 22K contribution as a sage 5aps on nein beast events, then was getting 25K contribution on average as a demon 5aps with same gear.

Pretty much anyone who is still sage either:

A) Doesn't realize it's less DPS than demon, maybe more DPH, but less DPS.

B) Doesn't realize they're a worse tank than Demon. Sage spark is a joke; wearing LA and 25% reduction is less survivability than full HA and 0% reduction.

C) Too poor to re-roll demon because of cost of skills

D) All of the above, with the practice of being Sage being a religion; no real proof or logic to back up reasons for being sage

E) Their wife/gf has them on a leash because they want a sage buff monkey
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i

E) Their Wife/gf Has Them On A Leash Because They Want A Sage Buff Monkey

Ahahha
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sage Blademasters are just... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4m4wbYc08k
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Sunked - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ty for answers. its sad that bms dont have real choice between culti path, like sage for pve demon for pvp or sage is more expensive to gear up but better endgame

glad i switched, ill just let them worship this weird religion