Build

Options
AuroraLucia - Archosaur
AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
I would just like to say... First thread in Mystic forums.

Now, here is a legitimate question. In terms of build would it be better to put some Vit in with a Cap, or go full Mag?
Post edited by AuroraLucia - Archosaur on

Comments

• Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    First response in the first thread.

I'd say go full mag, since you have something tanking for you. No need for survivability.
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Im making an HA mystic, for TT farming and for kicks.

I already have a crazy 3* 70 HA plate with a totla of 1637 pdef, and a +9 TT90 glaive for it larl.
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    gonna make an LA mystic, cause lets face it, LA is frackin smexy b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I will try a full magic build. Or I might place some points into vitality if really needed.
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Going pure magic unless the class itself can benefit from a little bit of vit. But they're gonna be mana ****** thanks to the summons, so...yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I am going to go full MAG :) better heals and damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Kairyu_blade - Archosaur
    Kairyu_blade - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm no expert at magic classes (too "out of the action" for me), but i have dabbled with the wizard. And i have Veno, Psychic friends that say when dealing with magic classes, pure MAG is the way to be. and i would have to say, that makes sense. when your primary roles deal with DD and healing (not to mention the summoning which will probably play hell on your mana) your gonna want all the MAG you can get.
  • SandraPlease - Sanctuary
    SandraPlease - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I am looking at pure mag at least till level 80. After that i will see if they need extra vit.
  • skyepersona
    skyepersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mystics are a caster class who relies heavily on mp so i'd go full mag. la casters are useless and the only viable ha caster class is the veno cuz of fox form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If ive learned anything from playing a mage its taht one has to go full on dex
    no mistake about it all dex is the way to go for mysticsb:kiss
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If ive learned anything from playing a mage its taht one has to go full on dex
    no mistake about it all dex is the way to go for mysticsb:kiss
    lol is that a joke? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Look at my class and lvl,
    now look at my face and hear me say that i was totally srs bizniz

Now watch me try to act like i is not trolling you so very hard at all.
    b:thanks
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • Ploexx - Sanctuary
    Ploexx - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm just goeing to put min req. str, if needed i put 1 vit every 10 lvls and rest is pure mag
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Look at my class and lvl,
    now look at my face and hear me say that i was totally srs bizniz

Now watch me try to act like i is not trolling you so very hard at all.
    b:thanks

get out b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
  • Billybobjobo - Raging Tide
    Billybobjobo - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Im making an HA mystic, for TT farming and for kicks.

I already have a crazy 3* 70 HA plate with a totla of 1637 pdef, and a +9 TT90 glaive for it larl.

mystics dont use regular magic weapons they have staffs that are mystic only
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

just incase he actually thinks that's the truth and isn't kidding, everyone please ignore than, that's completely incorrect.
    sikozu wrote: »
    I am going to go full MAG :) better heals and damage.

actually, the damage part is right, but i heard that their heals weren't based on magic attack, they were based on the target's max hp. can anyone conferm that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I go pure mag - with a pet, player heals and ress buff I shouldn't need that much of emergency survivability. Also from what I've heard mystie's going to be a genuine mp-pots junkie. Any additional mp regeneration would be precious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • violetvalor
    edited February 2011
    Options
    just incase he actually thinks that's the truth and isn't kidding, everyone please ignore than, that's completely incorrect.

actually, the damage part is right, but i heard that their heals weren't based on magic attack, they were based on the target's max hp. can anyone conferm that?

From "Unofficial Guide to the Earthguard":
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=930712

Looks like the healing skills for healing players are based off of the max hp of the target. However, the skill for healing summons and pets is based off of the mystic's base magic attack. Also, I would imagine that the summons' attack would be based off of the mystic's base magic attack as well.

9 mag, 1 str each level also gives you more mana and mana regeneration. Turquise shards add mana as well.
  • newjasnh
    newjasnh Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    From "Unofficial Guide to the Earthguard":
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=930712

Looks like the healing skills for healing players are based off of the max hp of the target. However, the skill for healing summons and pets is based off of the mystic's base magic attack. Also, I would imagine that the summons' attack would be based off of the mystic's base magic attack as well.

9 mag, 1 str each level also gives you more mana and mana regeneration. Turquise shards add mana as well.

i fergot which one of the several threads said it, but i think i remember summon stats being based off of refine level. can someone conferm that?
  • lolkill11
    lolkill11 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    think i am gonna do 4 mage and 1 str. just to get a jump on some wepons then i can just go all mage if i want or throw a little in vit. but i cant wait for it to come out!
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    rank 9 mystic: rank9mystic.jpg

Says wand. We'll see about that.
  • violetvalor
    edited March 2011
    Options
    newjasnh wrote: »
    i fergot which one of the several threads said it, but i think i remember summon stats being based off of refine level. can someone conferm that?

Yea, it looks that way based on:

Unofficial Guide to the EarthGuard, pages ~38-45
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=930712&page=38

Or maybe depends on your own stats, which the refines help in, of course.
  • Delsedora - Archosaur
    Delsedora - Archosaur Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    a Mystic maybe will be build it like a venomancer... i will go full mag and some points in vit maybe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Personally, I'll be going full mag due to pure power behind magic attacks/heals and having more mana for pets/attacks/heals. I know even my pure cleric gets low on mana, but my pure cleric is rather survivable. I won't say I can tank a boss. But if I get aggro on a mob in my bh I can easily tank it and take it out myself (yes of course this is will IH stack, however, Mystics have summons who can take aggro away do they not?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm going full mag because I'm too lazy to farm a 2nd set of armor. The end.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Personally, I'll be going full mag due to pure power behind magic attacks/heals and having more mana for pets/attacks/heals. I know even my pure cleric gets low on mana, but my pure cleric is rather survivable. I won't say I can tank a boss. But if I get aggro on a mob in my bh I can easily tank it and take it out myself (yes of course this is will IH stack, however, Mystics have summons who can take aggro away do they not?)

I saw a vid a while back ( on Youtube) of a mystic fighting 4x mobs...and no, it didn't look like her pets were good at getting aggro back...or keeping it. In fact, a good portion of the time she just healed herself while getting smacked around with her pet DDing. The mobs were taking almost half her hp too in one hit.
    Of course, it might have been some fail mystic who didn't know how to play yet, so I'm, gunna stay hopeful.
  • Quizeburio - Raging Tide
    Quizeburio - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm going to make a full magic, Vitality when needed
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i think i might go mostly magic with this character. ive been light armor all my (venos) life, although i love light, i think i need a change in pace. also, the mystic probably needs as much magic as it can get, seeing as how much mana it needs, but it seems it may be weak in attacking, without enough mag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • L_Xion_l - Harshlands
    L_Xion_l - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If they're like venos and get more than 10 hp per vit, then I might have some vit cap, but maybe not since venos don't really have mana problems
  • oursharedcleric
    oursharedcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would ASSUME to try to build it like either a mag veno or a ful mag cleric, since it seems to rely a lot on spell casting and since you will have summons, you don't have to worry about taking as much damage. I'm going to try full mag first myself.