Undine syren

Options
kasiabe
kasiabe Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Hello, I was wondering if its possible to find Undine syren. I wanted to tame her . Someone told me she's near 749,743 but it's upcoming xd So i cant get there. Any ideas where else can i find her?
Post edited by kasiabe on

Comments

• Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There are various undines all around the Elf starting lands. The lowest level ones are a little ways south of Plume by a dock.
  • Shiashin - Archosaur
    Shiashin - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yep^^ I know that . But i'd like to know something about Undine syren :P
    (That was me who asked question btw)
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Shiashin - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yes , yes , thank you . But anyone knows if i can cat it? Anyone have seen it?
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it says tameable doesnt it? so yes you can catch it. just go to the coordinates and look around
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Got me curious so I went and checked. I don't think it's reachable unless there's some event over there. You'll hit a wall before you can even get close.
  • Shiashin - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it says tameable doesnt it? so yes you can catch it. just go to the coordinates and look around

There's the problem. i CANT get there. I thought maybe there are another directions where it is

Laranda you are the first one who understood me <3
  • TesterLife - Archosaur
    TesterLife - Archosaur Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's called search the damn surrounding area =.=''
  • Shiashin - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's called search the damn surrounding area =.=''
    I can't even get close to her -.-"
  • NekoNails - Lost City
    NekoNails - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i been trying to do the same thing and have same problem. i think maybe the item database tells us these cooards because after the expansion it will be open i am guessing. i am catching a drowned undine lvl 36 instead.
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I didn't even know a mob like that even existed.

Freaking tease though since you can't get to it. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Try to tame a baby assassin, I heard those critters grow to be really OP in the long run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lots of creatures only "exist" in the sense that they're defined in the game's data files --- so the program knows what they would be like if you ever ran into them --- but they have no spawn points, so you can't ever run into one. (unless a GM manually spawns one for you. don't hold your breath for that.)

pwdatabase, and for that matter the in-game encyclopedia, just tells you what's in the game files. they have no filter for "can i ever actually encounter one?". (although pwdatabase at least tries to tell you that, with the "exists" column and the spawn point coordinates list.)

these undines... are weird, in that they apparently DO have spawn points. that aren't on the reachable map, but off in never-never land. that's the same thing in practice; unreachable or unspawned, makes no difference, you'll never see one.

of course, an expansion could open up that part of the map. but then again, an expansion could just move a mob's --- ANY mob's --- spawn points around, too. or create new ones for mobs that may or may not have any. again, don't hold your breath.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    There are several other tameable sea creatures that spawn off the east edge of the map, unreachable. Since that's not the direction the expansion is opening up, we still won't be able to reach them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    There are several other tameable sea creatures that spawn off the east edge of the map, unreachable. Since that's not the direction the expansion is opening up, we still won't be able to reach them.

Not for this expansion anyways. Who knows? It might expand that far in a future expansion. I mean...they do have whips programmed into the game too.

A WHIP CLASS!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The Undine Sirens are down around Raging Tide. You can't fly straight to that area from any westwardly location. You gotta go east then down because Raging Tide is in a square area on the map in the deep southeast. You gotta get around the corner or you will hit a wall of unavailable area.
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The Undine Sirens are down around Raging Tide.

This is correct. The real location should be around 428 455, so pwdatabase is wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    428 455 is in the middle of Arrowhead Manor, so that can't be right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    428 455 is in the middle of Arrowhead Manor, so that can't be right.

****, took the wrong waypoint b:embarrass

641 273 should be right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So... near the north shore of the Island of Broken Dreams? (That location is on land just west of Fort Countertide, so still a bit off.)

What about the Sunken Seawitch and the Snake Island Hornshell, two other mobs with Y for exists and locations off the edge of the map?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I believe they right outside the City of Raging Tides, just hanging around outside the city walls.

Edit: The "siren's" outside of Raging Tide are Bewitching Sirens and are not tamable. However, there are some Icewave Siren's on the starter island to the north at 632,267 that are tamable. These are not "undine" though.
    I *think* the ones the op is asking about are the ones that hang around at the top of the large mountain near Etherblade. They are not tamable to my recollection.

Sorry, been a long time since I've played. Only came back to it a couple nights ago and haven't really done anything in-game yet.
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.