Build comparisons

Kytes - Dreamweaver
Kytes - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Archer
Ok so,
Within the last month or two so I've started getting into TW/Pking again on my archer. Previous to this I've been kinda lazy in getting better gear as i my current gear already has good enough hp/defences/crit/5aps(with demon spark) basically all the stuff needed to breeze through pve. So now I've started Pking and TWing my current gear doesn't feel quite up to scratch. (mostly due to lack of defense's and hp.)

I already have a sin for farming with so I'm not to worried about that aspect. Although 5.0 and high aps in general has other advantages I like taking advantage of in Pking and chi building in TW although I dislike the approach of switching out gear to wear fists like I do now, the delay time of switching lots of gear in critical moments isn't worth the extra stat points I feel.

So with this all in mind I've designed a few new potential builds using PWI calc and am asking for opinions about which build is preferable to aim for, and any obvious flaws or inefficiency's I may have missed. I put the refines relatively high as this is what I'll aim for eventually, even though that may take some time for me.

A) http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=4b800c0255e50887
Build focusing entirely on shooting like a machine gun. Suffers from bad magic defenses though so I'm not fond of this build. Has the highest physical attack of any of these builds by far, but hp is rather low compared to others. This build is very similar to the build I have already.

B)http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=49c41ca082bf6691
An attempt to Fix up those defenses and keep bow damage and hit rate relatively high.

C) http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=702c3c5027fe5c1f
Almost fully focused on defences at the cost of attack rate, might be reliant on quickshot a lot more to drop decent mages.

D) http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=54a9aa84cabb5291
E) http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6e35df321e78c478

Two builds with 3.33/5.0 sparked with Deicides, with defences that aren't too terrible.

F) http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2727f3bef3d2e24e
Reaches 5.0 with Gorenox Vanities seems inferior to build E in almost every way aside from being cheaper.

Of all the gear in these builds, I already have;
R8
TT99 neck, belt, boots, wrists.
Lunar glade energetic cape.
and the warsoul helmet.

I'll also be getting the Nirvana legs regardless as my sin needs those still.

Any suggestions of which path to follow or improvements to any of these builds would be much appeciated. Thanks in advance.b:thanks
Post edited by Kytes - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Off-topic : I just realized I`m the lamest archer.b:cry
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Of those I'd go with E)
    The loss of attack speed is offset somewhat by the higher crit and attack level. I'd also swap out the unrefineable rank 8 ring for another lunar.

EDIT: ehh actually I misread you're starting build.
    If you're getting multiple armor pieces consider rank 9 armor. The set bonuses are very nice and each piece is cheaper than nirvana armor. The ring is expensive though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • RoyalSnipe - Harshlands
    RoyalSnipe - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    True..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It's been my experience that Archer pking is less about taking hits and more about killing things before they know what the hell happened. Build A and never look back.b:victory
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Kytes - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Of those I'd go with E)
    The loss of attack speed is offset somewhat by the higher crit and attack level. I'd also swap out the unrefineable rank 8 ring for another lunar.

EDIT: ehh actually I misread you're starting build.
    If you're getting multiple armor pieces consider rank 9 armor. The set bonuses are very nice and each piece is cheaper than nirvana armor. The ring is expensive though.

Hmm.. never really thought about rank 9 armor, I assumed it would be to expensive. I know any rank 9 armor is going to be far superior to these builds.. guess I'll check out how much Rank 9 armor costs compared to these builds. Guess its time to do some math and work out costs. b:victory

Ty for the advice Asterelle. b:thanks

And Tepp, thats pretty much my build already.. and I'm sick of getting hit over 5k by those pesky wizards and psychics.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    And Tepp, thats pretty much my build already.. and I'm sick of getting hit over 5k by those pesky wizards and psychics.

But that's...well...what's the word...

Inevitable.

b:sad
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Kytes - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    I mean like.. Gush from a +3 TT99 wiz or something b:sad
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'd also swap out the unrefineable rank 8 ring for another lunar.

b:shocked

I am surprised that you, of all people, would trade down dps for survivability.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b:shocked

I am surprised that you, of all people, would trade down dps for survivability.

This really confuses me considering I have vit gems in my gear...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This really confuses me considering I have vit gems in my gear...

Edit: Actually, when I looked, your new armor was unsocketed... But I think you might have had some vit gems in your older armor?

But, yes, I had forgotten about that!

b:chuckle
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hmm.. never really thought about rank 9 armor, I assumed it would be to expensive. I know any rank 9 armor is going to be far superior to these builds.. guess I'll check out how much Rank 9 armor costs compared to these builds. Guess its time to do some math and work out costs. b:victory

Ty for the advice Asterelle. b:thanks

you may have noticed the differnce in defenses is **** small. go build A, switch out the r8 ring for a coa one, refine to +7 for about 350 mdef or get another lunar. the difference is about 3% up from approx 50% mdef, wich means you'll notice a 6% decease in mdmg. i hope you see my point.
    I mean like.. Gush from a +3 TT99 wiz or something b:sad

idk about dw, but on hl, tt99+3 wizzies a reasonably tankeable. to me, that is. i have 43% mdmg rduction and unly 5.2k hp now :(
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    you may have noticed the differnce in defenses is **** small. go build A, switch out the r8 ring for a coa one, refine to +7 for about 350 mdef or get another lunar. the difference is about 3% up from approx 50% mdef, wich means you'll notice a 6% decease in mdmg. i hope you see my point.

Switch out TT99 ornaments. Unless you're using non-int fists, you have 5.0 sparked anyway.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Switch out TT99 ornaments. Unless you're using non-int fists, you have 5.0 sparked anyway.

it helps with your bow, though, doesnt it? considering the orns make up for a bit of pdef and raise your bow dmg. also, they get you your first spark that much faster <3.

My mother always told me DDs are there to deal dmg.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    My mother always told me DDs are there to deal dmg.

My mother told me that you're no good if you're dead b:bye