MMOSite Perfect World Interview about Expansion and with Your Questions

Renza - Raging Tide
Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
After giving it a good read whilst thinking PWI could be more honest in there answers, it buged me enough to even bother making this thread, it will be long so if its tl;dr, dont waste your time.
MMOSite wrote:
Are there any current plans to alter the current classes in the game to make them more
competitive against the new classes (through nerfs or buffs)?
PWI wrote:
Players seem to be incredibly concerned with how powerful the assassin is in PvP.
As mentioned earlier, we do strive to maintain balance among the classes. Even after releasing a new class, we are cognizant of the fact that there might be unforeseen issues and we will continue to make gameplay and balance changes with future updates and patches.

All those bits in red just got me shaking my head being somewhat annoyed, reason being that they realize that we think assassins are OP in certain aspects, yet they do nothing about it (obviously), 2nd, give me one time that the devs or GMs here have actually altered any skills of the current classes (mainly the 3 originals) as the fishes had a few changes i think when they were first released?, either way, my point is, the original classes havnt ever been touched, with any patch, so why did they even bother saying that?
We have had no updated skill graphics, or the option to have it, we havnt had any new skills implemented or skills changed etc, nothing.

MMOSite wrote:
You recently said in an interview that Forsaken World would employ a cash shop that does not give power -- as they have found that North American audiences are not comfortable with paying for power. Why has PWI's cash shop not changed in light of this realization?

In red, i wonder how long it will take them to to snap and realize more money potential.
PWI wrote:
Perfect World International's cash shop system is one of the most accessible cash shops in the free-to-play market. PWI gives all players, paying or not, a chance to purchase these items. Whether it is a cash shop player trading their items to a non-cash shop user, or players utilizing the in-game gold trade system, everyone has a chance. Additionally, items that create powerful gear can be obtained through normal gameplay and is not exclusive to the cash shop.

The bit in red is true of course, problem is, unless were all planning to be a kitamura or half of what that player is, we're not going to be able to participate in any pvp or TW without being at a significant disadvantage and i dont think anyone can deny that, i can still remember before packs and **** came into the game back when i was on HL, i could actually do a lot of pk and TW being at a fair advantage to a lot of others, now its just a 1-2 shot fest pay for power, thanks PWI.
MMOSite wrote:
Is there anything else you'd like to tell your players/our readers?
PWI wrote:
This is a great time to check out Perfect World International: Genesis if you're a new player or a veteran returning to the game. As the expansion name suggests, this is a new beginning and we've added many of the features that players requested. New races, newclasses, guild bases, and the resetting of the territory map, are just the beginning, and there will be many more new surprises come later this year. I hope everyone enjoys this expansion as much as we enjoyed working on it.

Not much of a fuss here apart from just the bit in red, that being its not really a beginning is it, its just the same thing again as what the rising tide expansion brought, 1 new area and a couple dungeons?, yet this time we have 0 dungeons added, just the new classes and the new area with what im thinking may be another kind of public quest zone? or just a quest zone for higher levels? but the old land is totally un-touched and just looks old,
as much as i hate to mention it, even blizzards expansion was more of an ambiguous thing then this by 10fold, the expansions are basicly similar, both games are in some sort of cataclysm, the world is screwed etc, but in what way? instead of having what *pan-gu predicted, we just got some nice *pretty* land for the earth guard instead, i aint criticising the expansion by all means, im actually taking the expansion name, and the bit in red, with a huge grain of salt.

Wont bother quoting the rest as i think that's enough somehow, just thought id get that off my chest.
Edit: forgot the link to the site.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
*One week later*
"Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
*few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
Post edited by Renza - Raging Tide on

Comments

• NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    All those bits in red just got me shaking my head being somewhat annoyed, reason being that they realize that we think assassins are OP in certain aspects, yet they do nothing about it (obviously), 2nd, give me one time that the devs or GMs here have actually altered any skills of the current classes (mainly the 3 originals) as the fishes had a few changes i think when they were first released?, either way, my point is, the original classes havnt ever been touched, with any patch, so why did they even bother saying that?
    We have had no updated skill graphics, or the option to have it, we havnt had any new skills implemented or skills changed etc, nothing.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this because I am still reading the posts, but I will say it now and then edit the post if I have anything to add. The Devs did nerf Stealth for Sins a bit. You used to be able to Triple Spark in Stealth but now the max spark you can do is Two Spark; Triple Spark will knock you out of stealth. Kinda nice because you can't have a sin stealthing then APSing you to death because they can triple spark you in Stealth... now you can see them coming.

Anyway... I'm kind of glad (And I'm sure a lot of other players are too) that PWI doesn't invest in changing the graphics of EVERY. SINGLE. THING. While I would love flashier skills and better graphics for the rest of the map and not just the new areas, my computer just wouldn't take it. I can't even play Minecraft without an epic lag of over 5 minutes sometimes. A lot of MMO's are untouched by me and PWI is the only option I have if I want to play an MMO, because the graphics are good enough while at the same time, I don't lag from them. I do admit when I'm standing next to a psychic I lag horribly; I can only imagine what it'd be like if I lagged everytime I did a skill because of it's flashiness. I know I would stop playing if it were that way, and I'm sure a lot of players that had older computers like I do would too.
    That's a response to part of what I quoted, and part of the bottom paragraph of your post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this because I am still reading the posts, but I will say it now and then edit the post if I have anything to add. The Devs did nerf Stealth for Sins a bit. You used to be able to Triple Spark in Stealth but now the max spark you can do is Two Spark; Triple Spark will knock you out of stealth. Kinda nice because you can't have a sin stealthing then APSing you to death because they can triple spark you in Stealth... now you can see them coming.

Yea i did kinda forget about that one, but thats not really a skill nerf in general, all classes can triple spark obviously including sins, sins doing that in stealth just set the nail in the coffin for *OP class here*, it wasnt really a skill change but still was nice to have, still aiming for a general skill edit which the GMs or devs have failed to do for us, yet in other games, e.g *a popular game from g-potato* have had a lot of expansions and skill changes in each one, unlike here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    to be fair they referred to making changes in the future tense, ijs b:shutup
  • cecilarcelle
    cecilarcelle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hello! A few weeks ago I took questions from forum users about PW and the expansion. We recently received the interview back from PWE. I would like to thank them for taking the time to answer our, and your, questions. This interview can be found here
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Wrong. I specifically remember certain skills on MY being changed and I assume they were over here as well. Barb skills in particular. Run speed increased in tiger form, bite can't miss, etc. Also, 79 and 100 skills were added. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hmmm, decent interview imo, was a nice read.

Glad to have seen this.

Thx :]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Wrong. I specifically remember certain skills on MY being changed and I assume they were over here as well. Barb skills in particular. Run speed increased in tiger form, bite can't miss, etc. Also, 79 and 100 skills were added. >.>

Yea the 79 skills have been here for ages and were an already planned addition into the game that they just hadnt inserted into the game back thenm but ok thats an update, also i did forget that Alacrity was edited to the 50% chance to freeze for 3 seconds which is another small one, cant complain, apart from that i dont think any other classes have recieved a skill edit?

also reason i forgot about the 2 barb skills being changed, was cos the last i played a barb on PWI was when the server very first went live when i started on HT for some months, i also dont count swimming mastery being deleted as a skill edit, i call that a fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • Finra - Sanctuary
    Finra - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Meh, tbh I didn't get mad or worked up one bit reading that interview.

In fact, I'm still sitting back to look at how PWE's going to IMPROVE the game. I do have hope for it xP Maybe we should look at the situation in another angle and try to appreciate their work more.. b:surrender I mean I'm studying at this field and I know how hard it is sometimes .__. let alone dealing with so many player's comments at the same time drives one crazy already b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Perfect World International: Genesis is one of our most ambitious expansions to date and players will witness the fulfillment of the ancient Pan Gu prophecy that will change the game as players know it today.

Yeah, so ancient that even motorcycle is here.
    Seekers are the ideal damage dealers and have skills that allow them to focus their energy on immobilizing one or many enemies at once. They are easily able to solo, but while in a group, Seekers have crowd controlling AoE abilities to ensure that enemies focus attention on them and not on teammates.

Yeah, what a great CC, 20% chance of stun.
    Do you believe that the new classes will be stronger than the current classes in the game? Why or why not?

Not stronger, but weaker.
    Players seem to be incredibly concerned with how powerful the assassin is in PvP.
    As mentioned earlier, we do strive to maintain balance among the classes.

That is, if the rumor is true about earthguard can see sins.
    Player feedback is always taken into account as we create new content or make improvements to the game.

Yes they will, but alway Chinese first, they got way more players than us, just one part of the forum alone can have more than 50 threads a day.
    Perfect World International's cash shop system is one of the most accessible cash shops in the free-to-play market. PWI gives all players, paying or not, a chance to purchase these items. Whether it is a cash shop player trading their items to a non-cash shop user, or players utilizing the in-game gold trade system, everyone has a chance. Additionally, items that create powerful gear can be obtained through normal gameplay and is not exclusive to the cash shop.

Yeah, need like 20 years to grind enough in game coin and buy zen, by that time PWI already release some more powerful CS item. Although the price of zen trade can not control by PWE.
    This is a great time to check out Perfect World International: Genesis if you're a new player or a veteran returning to the game.

I don't think so. Mystic's high mp useing and Seeker's mirage stone buff is not going to be easy for new players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Since Seekers are non aps tank class and Mystic is a rip off veno, 4.0 +12 rank 9 sins would still be the most dominant DD right?
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Good interview !

I see you used one of my questions so thank you .

However ...

you let them off way to easy on quite a few of these questions. Chu is a master at the PR question dodge and shows his supreme skills here.

If I may give one suggestion - if you do do another MMO interview keep pressing beyond the PR general answer.They rehearse these answers everyday before bedtime so you gotta push into the uncomfortable zone where the real info is.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I was a bit annoyed about how they dodged the question a few times in the interview.

However, the comment that there was a dungeon that they didn't have time to finish before the 2012/Genesis expansion release, plus the comment about more to come later this year, makes me think that we (or at least China) will get a new dungeon at some point within the next few months. I'm curious to see what that dungeon ends up being.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Seekers can't get high aps so they'll more than likely be ignored for TT/Nirvana.

Mystics are arcane and will more than likely be ignored unless they have good debuffs that can compete with venos amp/demon ironwood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Silly afterthought. Didnt they add like.... 2 new dungeons for the Rising tide expansion?

Edit: We now know who to lynch in the future thanks to this interview D:<
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    "Additionally, items that create powerful gear can be obtained through normal gameplay and is not exclusive to the cash shop."

I actually laughed. Our current sale, the rank sale offers gear that is impossible to get w/o using cashshop items. Or who is actually farming those hundreads of thousands of chips in cube? Anybody?
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Topic has been merged.
  • YuniBlood - Raging Tide
    YuniBlood - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Seekers can't get high aps so they'll more than likely be ignored for TT/Nirvana.

Mystics are arcane and will more than likely be ignored unless they have good debuffs that can compete with venos amp/demon ironwood.

hee hee more pride for me b:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Blademaster level 8x not active!!
    Seeker :D level 2x active and going to be main!
    Perfect world international Album all ready and set up Check it out. Use the link below or click on my username for link
  • PinkyRose - Archosaur
    PinkyRose - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Chu is a master at the art of: "Dodge this guy's obvious questions so as not to **** off our playerbase/investors."
    Naturally, I trust his answers about as far as I can throw the guy.

Seekers are the ideal damage dealers and have skills that allow them to focus their energy on immobilizing one or many enemies at once. They are easily able to solo, but while in a group, Seekers have crowd controlling AoE abilities to ensure that enemies focus attention on them and not on teammates.
    b:surrender Thank you for further alienating the Psychics. It's bad enough we have to compete with Blademasters, Wizards, and Archers for Aoe DD positions. Thank you SO much.
    We carefully ensure that new races and classes are balanced by placing more emphasis on adding new skills that will complement and add a new dynamic to grouping
    One word: Assassin.
    This caused server wide apathy towards Territory War participation.
    Apathy? No. One bully faction taking the map on almost every sever? Yes.
    As mentioned earlier, we do strive to maintain balance among the classes. Even after releasing a new class, we are cognizant of the fact that there might be unforeseen issues and we will continue to make gameplay and balance changes with future updates and patches.
    Is that why the Nix bleed hasn't been nurfed yet after...how many years? b:chuckle
    Or was it the absolute void of players where Werebeasts used to be? Because, obviously you took that into account too, amiright?
    And, concerned? REALLY? What made you think that? Surely it's not the sheer DEATH of PvP on your PvP servers that's doing it? The Rank Sale sure as hell didn't help either, but thanks for that, too. Now the Assassins have power AND kickass gear....Harshlands appreciated that....especially Zulu and Valhalla. (You must now have rank to apply, I believe, to either one.)
    Player feedback is always taken into account as we create new content or make improvements to the game. The best way for players to give us feedback is via the forums. We are always watching.
    ....Part of me laughed....and part of me is thinking....
    "In Perfect World, you do not watch screen....SCREEN WATCHES YOU!"
    You recently said in an interview that Forsaken World would employ a cash shop that does not give power -- as they have found that North American audiences are not comfortable with paying for power. Why has PWI's cash shop not changed in light of this realization?

....Oh like hell it's not! You can get ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING in this game if you cash shop items, merch them for a decent price, and go off to Auction House. Chu, you are spouting absolute bullsh*t. It doesn't help that your constant spamming of sales, and the greed of those selling gold puts prices of them beyond the reach of most players who aren't above level 80.

Exactly what is it in the game that's not obtainable by Cash Shopping?
    Recently, one of your players in PWI hit the level 105 level cap without spending any money. What do you believe this says about your game and playerbase? In addition, do you believe that the game was as enjoyable for this person compared to someone who spends money?

I think it really speaks to the high degree to which our game can really be called "free to play". It's a fantastic demonstration of the how the systems in place can work for a non-paying customer to be able to thrive and even surpass his competitors. And going by the player interview (http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=189841) that we had with him, it's obvious that he really enjoyed the challenge of fulfilling his goal by figuring out ways to take advantage of the ebb and flow of the game, for example, by working with our weekly updates and sales to play the market to his benefit. I think he derived great satisfaction from this feat.
    Which translates vaugely to....."What's the rest of you guys's excuse?"
    Exactly how long have some of you 100+ been here? Kita did in in four months. There ought to be more 105's around here to expand the content. Stop being so damn lazy. Half of you are cash shoppers anyway; there's no excuse for the lack of 105's.

In RED: The question was completely unanswered...but the TRUTH is: No, probably not. I'm sure Kita is having a fantastic time, being the only 105 Assassin in the entire bloody server, practically unable to be seen by anybody...(anybody got a dectection pot on them?)
    Do you have any in-game or out-of-game events planned to celebrate the release of the expansion?

We have a Facebook event going on right now and the amount of "likes" we get will determine the type of reward the players will get. We will also be having some creative events leading up to the launch. All of us here involved with PWI will definitely be in-game to see player's reactions and feedback. Players are welcomed to find us and ask us their questions.

Oh, you mean like the fashion event that happened...last year....in APRIL. b:bye
    Or how about the more recent calender event...in OCTOBER?
    Or even better, how about the MORE recent musical score fix for your trailer?

Chu....really? If you're going to try and dodge that, at least try not to be so obvious about it....Anybody who was here a decently long time could have told you that much...
    Players on your forums tend to feel as if they are not being heard, although this happens with many successful popular games. What does your company do to make sure that they are listened to?

Players may feel like they are not being heard, but that is quite the opposite. We are always watching, always listening. Our Community Manager FrankieRaye is constantly bugging me about issues players have on the forums, and I believe we have done a good job in responding. For example, the popular Dragon Points system we currently have is a direct result of player's discontent on their vendor price changes. More recently, we've announced the return of the old Territory War rewards and map reset which was due to another unpopular change with the community.

Riiiiiiiight, sure. It takes you getting a dip in profits for you to realize things are going to hell, and you run like chickens with your heads cut off to minimize the damage.
    AFTER you realized gold prices weren't coming down and you were loosing Charm money due to lack of TW, compiled with about a hundred or so angry endgame players ultimately taking their business and money somplace else, THEN you fixed what you broke.
    When most merchants and farmers left the game due to your attempt to break the bots (Which, there are so few on this version of the game that it's laughable) you quickly implemented the DQ system as to try and get your playerbase numbers back to snuff.

However, there is one spot of good news to all of this....Zulu will be disbanding. At least now the map won't be orange...it'll be whatever damn color Valhalla picks. -.-

Mr. Fuchs, thank you so much for taking the time to TRULY listen to us. We really appreciate you writing this column for us, and covering this games...less-than-perfection. It's been a while since we've gotten a response for anything from the guys sitting in the cubicles and windowside offices. b:thanks
    My Harshland main has funky lettering, so forums delete his posts. Now I post on my boredom toon from Archosaur.

98 Psychic (HL)~~_/\/\_
    93 WB (HT) ~~ x_RO/\R_x

I find your lack of intelligence disturbing, commander.... b:bye
    "It's L's half brother _/\/\_!" --Bitterroot, Harshlands xD
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Yeah, I was a bit annoyed about how they dodged the question a few times in the interview.

However, the comment that there was a dungeon that they didn't have time to finish before the 2012/Genesis expansion release, plus the comment about more to come later this year, makes me think that we (or at least China) will get a new dungeon at some point within the next few months. I'm curious to see what that dungeon ends up being.

They said the same thing about the Rising Tide expansion. We still don't see the Tideborn FB Instance.

From the article...
    The best way for players to give us feedback is via the forums. We are always watching.
    I fell over laughing when I read that. The only evidence I've ever seen that the Dev's watch the forums is when everyone complained that the free TB wings were too small. What did the dev's do? Doubled the size of all the cash shop wings and never touched the ones we were complaining about.

The TW change wasn't about listening to us from anything other than the fact that we quit throwing money at TW battles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Exactly what is it in the game that's not obtainable by Cash Shopping?

Trophy mode capes from 69-89.
    PQ3 rings.

ijs. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Trophy mode capes from 69-89.
    PQ3 rings.

ijs. b:bye

Add the sexy Jungle Ruins belt :3

Also i was laughing at the Forsaken World quote where they said they realised that Northern American people dont like power in cashshop.
    ->last time i read Forums they offer special Masteries in boutique that cost like thousands of dollars, but make you take 1/4th the damage than a non CSer same goes for more damage, haha...game is screwed already
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i wonder. that underwater race there was supposed to come with RT expansion, that they couldnt finish in time, and should have came litle later.. where did that go? lol

not that i rly care.

but if its the same thing with this "dungeon supposed to come later" then we never get.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yeah PWI dev's may be right in the sense that you can obtain things in game as well as in the cash shop. What they are missing tho is that if you pay you get things at a much faster rate than if you legitimately farm for them. Some people would have a hard time getting any of the mounts / veno pets / fashion gear etc bec of the amount of time it takes to gain any amount of currency in the game to buy them. Not to mention people tend to inflate the prices on numerous items just to be greedy.

I also want to remind people that you are PAYING to use these items not own them. PWI could easily just take it away from you in the blink of an eye bec they own the rights to it. In a sense you are just paying for amazing looking pixels that dont even belong to you.

It is like me going out and buying this fancy new car. Instead of me owning that car I only paid $1,000's just to be able to drive it. The REAL owners of the car (the dealership) could just come and pick it up at any time and take it away from me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    sikozu wrote:
    What they are missing tho is that if you pay you get things at a much faster rate than if you legitimately farm for them.
    Buying from cash shop is as legitimate as farming. I won't go in the cash-shop vs non-cash-shop debate, but cash-shoppers make it available for non-cashshoppers to play this game for free. Please stop QQing about cash-shoppers, we owe them the right not to have a monthly bill to play an online game (or maybe you like the WoW concept ?).
    sikozu wrote:
    In a sense you are just paying for amazing looking pixels that dont even belong to you.
    I must admit this is very true... But it's the same for any other video game in the world : you pay 50$ to play with a bunch of pixels that won't give you anything more than entertainement.
    This is what PWI is all about : entertainement. You just own the good moments you spent in the game, and you pay for the objects that can give you a better/faster access to good moments.

Even in a perfect world, nothing on Earth is free, except human relationships.
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Buying from cash shop is as legitimate as farming. I won't go in the cash-shop vs non-cash-shop debate, but cash-shoppers make it available for non-cashshoppers to play this game for free. Please stop QQing about cash-shoppers, we owe them the right not to have a monthly bill to play an online game (or maybe you like the WoW concept ?).
    I like the P2P aspect of any game. It is not only a WoW concept, there are tons and tons of P2P games. I personally hated wow didnt like the way it looked, but I love FFXIV, FFXI, EQ2, ****, and various others who are P2P games.

The only reason I play PWI is bec I really like the "fun" aspect about the game. I do not play it religiously however and refuse to spend any money on it. Not bec the people who created the game do not deserve to be paid for making something great, but those who jack up the prices of gold just to make the extra buck dont deserve to get paid. I dont tend to like greedy developers.

The differences between P2P and F2P (cash shop) is in a P2P game everyone has the same rights to everything. You do not need to "pay" to talk in shouts or world chat, and items / gear are acquired based on actual skill and not how fat your wallet is. In a F2P game you tend to see a lack of updates, a lack of developers being loyal to their player base, and HUGE lack of content control in a sense that things are done on a much slower rate. I am not saying that all F2P games are like this, but it is those aspects alone that put people off from even trying the game to begin with.

Some would say that PWI cash shop is genius and others would say its a trap in order for them to pull in more money than they would gain making the game P2P.

When you have a F2P game such as PWI, the developers tend to focus on what makes them money the most. In this game that would be the cash shop. Since when has any of the PW developers listened to the fan base and changed any aspects of the game to make it more enjoyable for the players? I would have to say never. The basic classes the game started out with are just that still basic while each expack added brings more and more content to the game, yet more unbalanced and unfair. In a P2P game, the whole game is how they make their money. If the game is not good or does not please the player base then the developers wont make anything. So they tend to focus more on how enjoyable the actual game is compared to what F2P games have to offer.

I am not trying to QQ I am just explaining my opinions on the matter. Either way I would not quit PWI bec it is free and I can play it to get my mind off of other games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Okay, that makes perfect sense to me. You are absolutly right.

I wish GMs would read that, but they never will (even if they did, then what ? Ignore it).

I don't agree on one point tho : the slow updates and the fans.
    I mean, I agree on that they never listen to the fans (they don't even check the fans forum I think), but we must keep in mind that PW is a chineese game. Therefore, if orders don't come from China, they will never change anything on their own. Even in the cash shop, we have like not half of what they have in other versions of PW... PWI is the slowest version of PW ever !
    But living in a corporate environement, it's pretty easy to understand why it's so slow... PWE fell in the bad side of big companies : lots of useless people that like to show off in meetings but that don't take actions when they need to.

We can't fight it anyway, so why get frustrated about it ? They won't listen to their "customers", so let's forget about all this sh*t and let's play happily ! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm not impressed by the responses, but then again I had low expectations anyways of a PR interview which is akin to interviewing a politician on any given pressing issue. If anything I'm somewhat surprised the interviewer asked a few harder-hitting questions, but didn't pursue a legitimate answer. Saying this is the most extensive cash shop bla bla doesn't really answer the issue of why put actual gear in the cash shop compared to another game of PWE's instead of upgrades and trinkets that make playing the game easier, not simply handing people endgame gear. As predicted, they skirted these questions like a pro.
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    When the PWI community expresses concern about this game, and makes requests/suggestions/etc., we often hear from staff that they are powerless and it is really the devs in China that make these decisions.

Then you read this article and see things such as:

“Players seem to be incredibly concerned with how powerful the assassin is in PvP. As mentioned earlier, we do strive to maintain balance among the classes. Even after releasing a new class, we are cognizant of the fact that there might be unforeseen issues and we will continue to make gameplay and balance changes with future updates and patches.”

Props to PWE for pulling the wool over so many eyes. b:victory b:laugh
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I think it's disgusting how PWI only communicates and interacts with their user via third-party companies or services now.

Just my two pence.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.