Data about HP/P. Def Shrads for Cleric

tenrag
tenrag Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Cleric
I was trying to find answer on common question: what is better, HP or P.Def Shards and sice
I didn't find one best answer, I did some research and here are results.
I cheked how many hits of P. DMG we can take with HP/P.def/MIX,
and it comes that HP build is the best, aspecially when we add, that HP is usefull when it comes to M. DMG too.
There are only 2 lvls (31 and 81) but IMO it is true for other lvls too.

Tabels:
xls (Office 97)
ods (Open Office)
Google table - direct but without formula of how I calculated.

I feel preety cofident when it comes to maths but what do you think?

edit: I forgot to add: build I used is MAG build (9MAG, 1STR) with 24 base VIT.
Post edited by tenrag on

Comments

• Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    HP is usually better indeed. Someone has done a good job of this already, check Asterelles calculator in the thread under.

Shard calculator
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    unless you have 115% def or higher citrines will be better for physical def (at +115% garnets win)

citrines will ALWAYS be better for magic def
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    unless you have 115% def or higher citrines will be better for physical def (at +115% garnets win)

citrines will ALWAYS be better for magic def

What do you mean by 115% def b:question
  • tenrag
    edited February 2011
    I would like to know too.

And btw. THX for that Shard calculator. Just searched under "shards" and didn't find it.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011

a bonus like lvl 10 vanguard gives 60%, lvl 10aura of bell gives 60%, demon stream and sage vanguard gives 100%.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    basically hes saying if your balanced with a high defense (barb, BM, etc) then your better off citrine-ing but if your pdef is so low that you die without every major buff on you, then you better rethink about those citrines.
    VIT stones and garnet gems seem to be very close in survivability as far as asters calc is concerned. Citrine doesnt seem to excel in any department for cleric in that one.

@OP
    have you tried search threads for pdef or citrine shard related? There is alot.
    sometimes whats written on paper does not work out that well when put into action so might wanna read the experiences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mightily - Dreamweaver
    Mightily - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The problem with this is that the amount of hp you're recovering is a static amount, for the most part. This applies the strongest when dealing with heavy physical aoe, like Lord of Percussion. Doesn't matter if you can take more of the hits he throws before dying because of your amazing hp pool, unless you can recover the damage at the same rate you won't last long. P. def helps lower the numbers coming at you, so you can survive it better.
  • tenrag
    edited February 2011
    Eh, then it seems that my research was a fail, cause I know that there are tons of topics like this but every ends up on the same: There is no best option, so all I can do is to adapt.
    But even though it was some gain of knowledge.