Genie Discussion

Comments

• Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I thought about it.. I learned level 1 of it for the shield (figured it'd work like all the other shields in game and absorb at least one hit) but I was testing with a friend and he hit me for 8k through the shield rofl (BIDS and no other debuffs). So much for that idea.

Oh that sucks.. I also thought it worked similar like the Archer shell, then it would be quite nice. But if it really only absorbs the damage I rather keep Wind Shield.

Tested my PK genie a few hours today btw, fortify and badge really saved me countless times (Fortify I knew already of course). Really an awesome combination there. :)
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Oh that sucks.. I also thought it worked similar like the Archer shell, then it would be quite nice. But if it really only absorbs the damage I rather keep Wind Shield.

Tested my PK genie a few hours today btw, fortify and badge really saved me countless times (Fortify I knew already of course). Really an awesome combination there. :)

haha ya xD b:quiet Amour is even getting badge on his genie b:dirty
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I should try fortify on my TW genie some time. Only problem is that I'm not sure if i can even survive a single stun to escape before the next XD

ATM I have bramble rage (I mostly use it to soften up the target right before BIDS hits) AD (for sins popping up), ToP, frenzy and holy path

On my delta genie, expel forever. And than magic as high as possible (with some vit to ofcourse) to be able to use it again asap.
    It saved my life in delta countles times XD.
    In normal PvE I rarely need my genie. EP for extra dmg and second wind for the ocasional need. And holy path ofcourse
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    I should try fortify on my TW genie some time. Only problem is that I'm not sure if i can even survive a single stun to escape before the next XD

ATM I have bramble rage (I mostly use it to soften up the target right before BIDS hits) AD (for sins popping up), ToP, frenzy and holy path

On my delta genie, expel forever. And than magic as high as possible (with some vit to ofcourse) to be able to use it again asap.
    It saved my life in delta countles times XD.
    In normal PvE I rarely need my genie. EP for extra dmg and second wind for the ocasional need. And holy path ofcourse

haha, well you should be able to resist most stuns except for like tele stun and occult.. as you can see them coming (at least if you have decent reflexes and don't lag too bad). Being that most bms have occult + whirlwind n whatnot that almost guarantee a stun (or waste your fortify) you kinda need to have both fortify + badge to essentially cancel out their genie. I used to think fortify was enough, but after pvping for a few months I came to the conclusion you need a second anti stun genie skill.. or at least something to deal with that stun when it happens.
  • Aesis - Heavens Tear
    Aesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hmm...this thread is well-timed, since lately I've been considering reworking my genie.

For a long time I've just used a 60/90(yeah..) Longevity that I've just tweaked a little bit.
    20 str (unnecessary)
    60 dex
    45 vit
    45 mag
    +5 points I couldn't decide where to put.
    lv10 holy path
    lv10 ex poison
    lv10 frenzy
    lv 1 fortify
    lv9 domain (since genie isn't 100)

Pretty much used it everywhere but Rebirth. Reasons for using the skills have mostly already been said. It's a pretty average genie I realize, but since I've hardly been on my wizard for some time, it was sufficient. After hearing about the TW map reversion though, I've decided to try and get back into it.
    I'm thinking of taking my alt cleric's genie which so far is 75/90, resetting everything and fitting it to my wizard. Keeping in mind this is mainly for TW fighting...
    Spark
    Ex poison
    Fortify
    Frenzy
    Holy path
    Badge of courage

..is what I'm thinking of trying. Exact stats are still kinda iffy, but would plan to be mostly dex based with average mag and vit. Main problem is lack of AD/Expel can leave me vulnerable in oshi- moments. Although if the genie gets 5+LP at 100 I could squeeze AD in at 101. Surprisingly, I've never tried spark, despite hearing of it's usefulness. Instead I've always used Ex poison for a more general amp, and it fits in easy with fortify's affinity req. What about spark + ep? Seems like it could be quite potent against high hp opponents.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Hmm...this thread is well-timed, since lately I've been considering reworking my genie.

For a long time I've just used a 60/90(yeah..) Longevity that I've just tweaked a little bit.
    20 str (unnecessary)
    60 dex
    45 vit
    45 mag
    +5 points I couldn't decide where to put.
    lv10 holy path
    lv10 ex poison
    lv10 frenzy
    lv 1 fortify
    lv9 domain (since genie isn't 100)

Pretty much used it everywhere but Rebirth. Reasons for using the skills have mostly already been said. It's a pretty average genie I realize, but since I've hardly been on my wizard for some time, it was sufficient. After hearing about the TW map reversion though, I've decided to try and get back into it.
    I'm thinking of taking my alt cleric's genie which so far is 75/90, resetting everything and fitting it to my wizard. Keeping in mind this is mainly for TW fighting...
    Spark
    Ex poison
    Fortify
    Frenzy
    Holy path
    Badge of courage

..is what I'm thinking of trying. Exact stats are still kinda iffy, but would plan to be mostly dex based with average mag and vit. Main problem is lack of AD/Expel can leave me vulnerable in oshi- moments. Although if the genie gets 5+LP at 100 I could squeeze AD in at 101. Surprisingly, I've never tried spark, despite hearing of it's usefulness. Instead I've always used Ex poison for a more general amp, and it fits in easy with fortify's affinity req. What about spark + ep? Seems like it could be quite potent against high hp opponents.

I used to have poison, but really didn't use it that much. its nice that it lasts forever on a dex genie, but they shouldn't last that long if you use spark at the right times :P If I were you I'd ditch poison for domain.. Its just so versatile being able to use when trying to get an ult off or when getting ganked or when you are slept etc. there are just do many odd situations that its nice to have
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    lol just checked back and realized the rest of my post was cut off D:

@Aesis - I really like your planned genie. I'm kinda biased towards a fortify/badge genie because it works so well for me (and I've just seen so many wizards that don't know how to deal with a stun), but I almost feel like you need just something else on your genie to deal with sleep. I kill people all the time with a sleep -> ulti bypass.. so other clerics/mages should be able to do the same to you as well. I'd recommend domain/wind shield/top or just something to deal with classes that kill w/o a stun. I was recommending you ditch some skill (I'd recommend poison as you already have a more effective single target amp) for another defensive skill, but thats just me. Really you could just try it out and feel out what you need.

I used to think fortify was enough vs bms for me.. but I ended up ditching poison (had poison + frenzy + spark) for badge. I kinda hated giving that up.. was nice to use with frenzy for like a 40% amp on BIDS.. and in group pvp an amp that others could benefit from as well, but I can tell you it was well worth it for me. GL w/ w.e you do xD
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    which skill you referring to when you say "genie spark?"
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    which skill you referring to when you say "genie spark?"

its just named "Spark". It's two symbols below wind force on ecatomb.. reduces fire resists by a massive amount (100 dex = 100% reduction for 6 seconds). I refer to it as genie spark because I don't want it to be confused with chi sparking (as in spark burst, celestial eruption etc).
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    update: I settled on 4dex genie gear because I knew I'd never get the 4dex/4vit gear D: Anyway, that 6second fortify is really nice.. I can fortify just as a melee is getting into that 10m range (occult) to resist/prevent getting caught by that, then finish channeling my skill and blink/drop out of range again before my anti stun wears off. Back when I had a 3-4 second fortify, I had to be really careful when deciding when to use it.. with this 5-6 second fortify, it really gives you some wiggle room if you mess up a little. Badge is also failing less which is nice xD

I know there are more wizards out there not posting their genies b:angry
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ADROIT. NICE BEING THERE TO TALK TO ME ON MSN. I HATECHU.

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    ADROIT. NICE BEING THERE TO TALK TO ME ON MSN. I HATECHU.

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

I'm at school D: I'll be home in like 3-4 hours after I ace this speech about Rubik's Cubes b:victory
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    b/c Amour is poopie and posted in the WRONG THREAD..
    I have a new genie since I posted last...

90/100 Longevity.

3 str
    84 dex
    48 vit
    46 mag

1 Foritfy
    10 Holy Path
    10 Frenzy
    10 Extreme Poison
    10 Badge of Courage
    10 Domain
    10 Spark.

Currently has 2 +Mag gear giving me 53 magic but I will remove those for +4 dex gear so I can have 6 sec fortify 90% badge 16 second EP and SEVEN! second holypath hehee

b:cute
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b/c Amour is poopie and posted in the WRONG THREAD..

b:cute

Anyone with as op a genie as you two is a poopie imo

I still use my 65/100 genie for tw b/c im too addicted to cloud eruption. I have a 73/90 with fortify for pk which is fun - I've had more than one bm say to me "why can't I stun you".

Someday I'll try badge, but I don't really like "chance to" genie skills because 1. I get to pissed and tend to break things when I need the skill to work and it doesn't; 2. I'm old, unobservant, and have slow reflexes, so for me to be able to see that im stunned, then click the right genie skill, I'll probably be dead. A nice, loooong expel is much better for me. Slows the fight down, lets me figure where I am, use a heal pot, allows distance shrink/FoW to cool down . . . .

I probably will try it though - if I ever get an 81 or (dare I dream) 91 lp genie.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Malicent - Lost City
    Malicent - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You are all terribad, get a genie with expel and fortify.
    Put enough vit to use both = win.

Use expel when you are stunned + fortify before stun wears off + drop = win.

I'd post my PK video but due to some complications of me being a total idiot......I won't. >.>

Best way to survive isn't a genie, RUN TILL YOUR DAMN CHI RUNS OUT, then proceed to gush and run again.

Am I pro yet? :3

Dammit wrong account -.-.
    Lovers gonna love.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Adroit nagged me to post my genie here so t.t

Note, this is only a TW genie and is suited to my TW necessities from a genie. I don't really PK much anymore because well..HT...yea.

Level 102 Zeal
    74/100
    Genie gear - 4 vit/4 mag x4 (This is because the old build of my genie was vit/mag.

Stats
    5 Strength
    90 Dexterity
    56 Vitality
    37 Magic

Skills
    10 Frenzy
    10 Holy Path
    1 Cloud Eruption
    10 Spark
    1 Fortiffy
    10 Badge of Courage

Amour I want your genie :(

I can't be bothered to get a PK genie and spend 40+m on it for it to be effective.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Genie is now 100 dex 48 vit 46 magic :)
    7 second holy path.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Genie is now 100 dex 48 vit 46 magic :)
    7 second holy path.

/jealous b:cry
    edit: <3 Evanera for posting
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited February 2011
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Zeal genie level 101

75/100
    5 strenght
    52 vit ( with 1 +4 gear on it atm )
    50 magic
    70 dex

152 energy

Frenzy level 10
    Holy path level 10
    Cloud eruption level 1
    Absolute domain level 10
    Badge of courage level 10
    Tangling mire level 10

i wanted an allround genie, because i really see no use in specific TW/PVE/PvP genie because i can't find other skills that fit my need in different situations. i use AD and badge the most in open world PvP. versus the 5 aps +12 nirvana zerk daggers from the heavy CS'ed sins i need the AD to stay alive to blink away, if they don't two shot me before i click it.

I use badge versus the normal sins and pretty much never loose if i do. I recentrly added tangling mire just for the extra pdef reduction for my sage BT. which in TW is huge for my damage amp if i use frenzy and tangling mire in a group os LA/AA

holy path is the skill i'm considering droppin for this geni, and actually thinking about making a triple holy path genie with cloud eruption just for PVE, but that is the only thing i can think off to justify an extra genie. i hate that when red named a genie can drop if it's in your inventory, and you cannot bind them. i really dislike going to the bank everytime i PvP since i'm full bound.

i just <3 cloud eruption in almost every situation. TW to start with trip spark, dropping two ulti's in the incoming faction zerk down lane B, which cripples/kills at least 30% of the rush.

i don't have the affinity to put fortify on it, but i'm really considering just trying it out on a different genie. I do want to try to get a higher LP (aka 85-90/100) genie and lots of VIT gear because i want to have the ability to cloud eruption + frenzy without waiting 20 secs to use frenzy. This would help my ability to drop an mega ulti quick after a good PvP fight and all the sudden you get engaged in another one.

just my 2 cents: genies are very nice to have, but some of the affinities to get decent wizard genies together are insane, and only reached at high LP and high level for more affinity. also cloud eruption is useless past level 1, which makes no sense to me at all
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Zeal genie level 101

75/100
    5 strenght
    52 vit ( with 1 +4 gear on it atm )
    50 magic
    70 dex

152 energy

Frenzy level 10
    Holy path level 10
    Cloud eruption level 1
    Absolute domain level 10
    Badge of courage level 10
    Tangling mire level 10

i wanted an allround genie, because i really see no use in specific TW/PVE/PvP genie because i can't find other skills that fit my need in different situations. i use AD and badge the most in open world PvP. versus the 5 aps +12 nirvana zerk daggers from the heavy CS'ed sins i need the AD to stay alive to blink away, if they don't two shot me before i click it.

I use badge versus the normal sins and pretty much never loose if i do. I recentrly added tangling mire just for the extra pdef reduction for my sage BT. which in TW is huge for my damage amp if i use frenzy and tangling mire in a group os LA/AA

holy path is the skill i'm considering droppin for this geni, and actually thinking about making a triple holy path genie with cloud eruption just for PVE, but that is the only thing i can think off to justify an extra genie. i hate that when red named a genie can drop if it's in your inventory, and you cannot bind them. i really dislike going to the bank everytime i PvP since i'm full bound.

i just <3 cloud eruption in almost every situation. TW to start with trip spark, dropping two ulti's in the incoming faction zerk down lane B, which cripples/kills at least 30% of the rush.

i don't have the affinity to put fortify on it, but i'm really considering just trying it out on a different genie. I do want to try to get a higher LP (aka 85-90/100) genie and lots of VIT gear because i want to have the ability to cloud eruption + frenzy without waiting 20 secs to use frenzy. This would help my ability to drop an mega ulti quick after a good PvP fight and all the sudden you get engaged in another one.

just my 2 cents: genies are very nice to have, but some of the affinities to get decent wizard genies together are insane, and only reached at high LP and high level for more affinity. also cloud eruption is useless past level 1, which makes no sense to me at all

Interesting genie :) I'm kinda surprised you haven't gotten 55mag, as a zeal genie doesn't require 2points per stat for magic until then. Don't quote me on this, but I was under the impression that genies couldn't be dropped unless they were in the trade state. I use SL, so I don't really need to worry about it.. but you might look into that if you ever decided on another genie.

I haven't had a whole lot of luck with domain/badge vs sins.. headhunt's description is wrong and lasts 7 seconds for lvl 10/sage and 8 seconds for demon (tele stun is 6 sec lvl 10, 5 sec for sage, and 7 secs for demon).. so I get killed around domain (lol I can't even last the 2-4 seconds that domain doesn't cover), and badge will really only confuse the most braindead sins out there. Headhunt out of stealth -> badge -> tele stun or occult = **. I sometimes will try a fortify right after badge/blink.. but sleep, force stealth, immobilize, apoth pots all just ** me up. Glad you've had some success though >.>

It seems I have a very different experience with ults than you do. I doubt I would ever really use mire because of the 20m range.. and I'm usually trying to use fortify and the like to make sure my ult gets off (people try to stun me alot) instead of just amping my damage (although I do use frenzy as much as I can). It sounds like you are pretty happy with your genie.. anything you'd change if you could?
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i needed as much dex as i could, while still retaining a decent amount of vit and mag, and 70 dex gives me a nice 50/50 mag/vit combo which i like for the time being. i used to have a pure vit, 55 mag setup to spam most of my skills. i changed that since i use badge

We only have 4 good sins on the server, the rest is plain restarted. So badge confuses the hell out of them, and leaves them vulnerable. Since i got my r9 gear started (aka more HP/pdef) and badge on my genie, the sins that used to kill me don't stand a chance.

i'm happy with my genie till a certain extend, i'm still looking for different skills to up my survivability which are hard to find/combine on 1 genie. for the moment i will keep this genie, and slowly start adding vit gear so i can cloud eruption->frenzy quickly.

i'm a big huge target in TW so people tend to charge at me in a group, so pulling a BT-mire-frenzy drops alot of people, including barbs and bm's. because they run towards me mire is a good choice.

the thing i would want to change on my genie is a good control skill aka occult, so the restealthing sins or running people will be dead before they know it, but this requires a huge amount of str, which i just cannot afford while still retaining badge for example
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Gargorx - Raging Tide
    Gargorx - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Can anybody give me some kind list of genie skills that explain in what they are useful or could be useful?

or do i find everything typed before me?
    non-cs
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Can anybody give me some kind list of genie skills that explain in what they are useful or could be useful?

or do i find everything typed before me?

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/genieskill.php
  • Gargorx - Raging Tide
    Gargorx - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2011

didn't exactly mean that but never mind. i'll start using my own brains, too lazy to use them sometimes XD
    non-cs
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    My current genie

HP
    Frenzy
    EP
    AD
    Expel
    Windshield

Unofortunately an infliction genie
    5 dex
    15 str
    50 vit
    100 mag

The energy recovery is quite nice and I can spam skills. Frenzy+undine+EP+ulti for instance works fine. I spam windshield+pdef charms vs melees. Expel to survive the first attacks by sins. AD with or without IG/tranq what can be very useful despite the high use of ressources.

I have also a dexbased discipline (as a result of reading wiz forum xD) with HP, Windforce, Badge, Fortify, Frenzy but missing lucky points to add more skills/dex.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    My current genie

HP
    Frenzy
    EP
    AD
    Expel
    Windshield

Unofortunately an infliction genie
    5 dex
    15 str
    50 vit
    100 mag

The energy recovery is quite nice and I can spam skills. Frenzy+undine+EP+ulti for instance works fine. I spam windshield+pdef charms vs melees. Expel to survive the first attacks by sins. AD with or without IG/tranq what can be very useful despite the high use of ressources.

I have also a dexbased discipline (as a result of reading wiz forum xD) with HP, Windforce, Badge, Fortify, Frenzy but missing lucky points to add more skills/dex.

Haha interesting, I rarely see high mag low vit genies. What are the stats (str/dex etc) on your dex genie? and have you used it much? (aka why do you like your mag genie over the dex one? I'm just curious :D)
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Haha interesting, I rarely see high mag low vit genies. What are the stats (str/dex etc) on your dex genie? and have you used it much? (aka why do you like your mag genie over the dex one? I'm just curious :D)

I was using the mag one all the time (74/100) while I made the dex one just recently (67/100 -3str/72dex/51vit/41mag) so I cant compare yet. I hope to make a better dex one with the time.
    Genie with 100-110 + mag recovers so quickly that skills are so easy spammable what makes up to the disadvantage of not having enough in dex (i.e. Windshield). But ima still testing

Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    101 Zeal

79/100 LP

5 STR
    50 DEX
    80 VIT
    30 MAG

Frenzy, Forify, AD, Holy, Badge, Remove Paralysis.

I use spam Forify a lot as well and have the those genie skills for the same reason as you do. I don't agree on spark because I feel the range on it is pretty short, but if I did have enough LP points I probably would have gotten that or Wind Shield. I got Remove Paralysis because it's base % for removing it is already 60% without any dex(4 dex/1% after that) and I find it very useful for the times you get caught by an Aim Low as you're falling and can't do anything about it. Otherwise I never use it since it costs 75 energy.
    60 / 250.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    doesnt badge remove aim low paralysis? i cant think of a specific time i've used it for tht yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]