73 Gear and Leveling

Options
CritCat - Archosaur
CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Assassin
It's been awful leveling up from 69-73. It's pretty difficult to get a BH squad running, finding a PQ squad, and CS only gives 6%. Advice would be appreciated.

Also, is my gear pretty good for 73? And what should I get right now or at 80?
The Phys. Attack is messed up somehow, It's 2406-3064.
http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9af2b5b72c9c6979

Thank you!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Current Sin Build:
pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
Current Wizard Build:
pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
Post edited by CritCat - Archosaur on

Comments

• Hekate_ - Heavens Tear
    Hekate_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Why do you consider your attack be messed up? You can't expect a great attack at those levels. Your attribute points aren't messed up. The way for you to boost your damage is either refine and shard your weapon or change rings. I would have switched the rings if you want better damage. I used ☆Rage of Crixalis (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8383) until I switched to 2 Mistys. The second one are a bit more expensive though. Also you get a very nice ring from the Tideborn quest (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26904).

And well.. I would try find armor with better adds. The top and pants are fine for now, but boots, sleeves, cape, belt and hat I would have switched to something else that adds +hp and/or +pdef. Also I suggest you use a helmet instead of a arcane hat. Since sins don't have enough Str to wear helmets same level range as they, you'll have to use a lower level one. But it will give you hp instead of mp which is a lot more useful.

At later levels... Well, personally I dislike the adds on TT gear, so I skipped all TT70-80 armor myself. But if you gonna do that, you need to have gear (molds or 3*) that have good adds (like hp and defence). Also depends on how fast you level. If you can't find any such armor, I'd go by some TT pieces merely for the sake of defence if you are a slow leveller. After that TT90 is definitely worth getting.

To answer your question about levelling.. Well, bhs is your best option right now. If you can't find a squad yourself, then try form one. Get into a somewhat active faction where you can find people your level range to do BH with. There is also a World Quest (WQ). You didn't mention it, but I suppose you should know of it. Try do some quests maybe, though it's not that much exp. Then there is always FF, which will bring you hella lot exp with hypers. People do start doing FFs in their 7x but I see it more in the mid/late 70s so it might not be that easy to find a squad. However when you get to 75-77, then there shouldn't be a problem.

However, I suggest that you work some on your gear. Therefore questing is a good option (rather than hypering yourself through the levels under-geared), since it gives some exp but also coins and drops.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I mean that the website didn't completely follow my stats, the attack's supposed to be higher than it says.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Hekate_ - Heavens Tear
    Hekate_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Probably because it's unrefined and lacks shards? Unless thats how your weapon looks like.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm not the richest person in the world IG or otherwise, I try and do the best I can at the level and with the gear I have, personally i'm aiming for -interval +Crit% endgame, I've had the hat for ages and the TT70 daggers > 69 Legendary daggers, for some odd reason it boosts my physical attack, personally I haven't found any boots, bracers, capes or belts that I want to keep for a little longer.

I try, but what should I be saving my money for? I'm happy with my rings, they save me critical% wise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Personally I blame the website, but it's always had problems, It displays around what I have. but not exactly, the boots have +Pdef, so that's why I use them.

Edit: I have no idea what I should be doing, this is my first character i've devoted time to and gotten to 7x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'll ask again, What gear should I be saving up for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You need to wait more than an hour before you can start worrying about people not replying.

And I'm fairly sure the calculator is a user created tool, it is not completely correct and there are errors in the Tideborn gear for sure. It can only give an approximation and you can't rely on it, or get mad at it if its not correct.

You want the honest truth? -int gear is expensive. Very expensive. And you really do not want a bad reputation early on, because it won't help you later.

You need better gear, sorry but you do. According to your calc thing you are wearing arcane wristguards and helm, nothing is refined or sharded. You should (like Hekate_ said) be doing your quests and grinding for some coin. You can also start farming TT to get your gear that way. Stick to things that don't bind so you can sell them after. Look through the AH for 3* with decent stats cheap.

There is no way you could survive the serious leveling ways with your current HP.

Your pants and top are good, but the pants could use a few shards and try to get them to +2. Your boots, the stats listed in the calc are not whats in the database, so I'd suggest looking into the TT70 boots. You can farm them/buy the mats/buy a 'ready to wear' set. Looking for a set that is already sharded and refined is probably the most cost effective method at the moment. You can always farm TT, sell the mats and put the coin towards a set. And grinding coin isn't too difficult.

There are people who will buy DQ point items for more than an NPC will pay. You should be at/close to the level you can grind on Nightscream I think...there are good DQ drops there.

You can't aim too far ahead for gear, because you need to get there first. There are plenty of threads around for what to do past level 80 and how to start getting into -int gear.

But I can tell you right now even the low level stuff is usually well into the millions per piece.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You need to wait more than an hour before you can start worrying about people not replying.

And I'm fairly sure the calculator is a user created tool, it is not completely correct and there are errors in the Tideborn gear for sure. It can only give an approximation and you can't rely on it, or get mad at it if its not correct.

You want the honest truth? -int gear is expensive. Very expensive. And you really do not want a bad reputation early on, because it won't help you later.

You need better gear, sorry but you do. According to your calc thing you are wearing arcane wristguards and helm, nothing is refined or sharded. You should (like Hekate_ said) be doing your quests and grinding for some coin. You can also start farming TT to get your gear that way. Stick to things that don't bind so you can sell them after. Look through the AH for 3* with decent stats cheap.

There is no way you could survive the serious leveling ways with your current HP.

Your pants and top are good, but the pants could use a few shards and try to get them to +2. Your boots, the stats listed in the calc are not whats in the database, so I'd suggest looking into the TT70 boots. You can farm them/buy the mats/buy a 'ready to wear' set. Looking for a set that is already sharded and refined is probably the most cost effective method at the moment. You can always farm TT, sell the mats and put the coin towards a set. And grinding coin isn't too difficult.

There are people who will buy DQ point items for more than an NPC will pay. You should be at/close to the level you can grind on Nightscream I think...there are good DQ drops there.

You can't aim too far ahead for gear, because you need to get there first. There are plenty of threads around for what to do past level 80 and how to start getting into -int gear.

But I can tell you right now even the low level stuff is usually well into the millions per piece.

So in a nutshell: My gear sucks. Go grind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If you just wanted someone to lie and say OMG YOUR GEAR IS AMAZING why did you come here?

More hp means less dying which means more exp (because you wont lose it).

There comes a time when people will not continue to squad with someone if they know they are going to pull aggro but can't take a few hits. You have to balance your gear.

So in a nutshell, yeah you need to grind a bit and be prepared to catch your gear up to your level at some point. If you plan to level quickly, save up and plan for level 80. Theres a really nice pair of mold bracers around high 7x. You already have a good top and bottom for a while. There are better (dirt cheap) drop items you can get if you look around and in the AH for your robe and boots even. There are some really nice helms you can get for the 5x area that are going to give you a nice HP boost.

If you can handle yourself you can a) build up a network of people to do BH with regularly and b) dominate PQ 60-80. Without a squad, or even buffs other than your own.

Maybe its different on your server, but back when I did PQ it was almost always an assassin in first place, either myself or one of the other regulars.

You can keep leveling and gathering all the +crit you want, but its only going to hurt you if you can't balance your damage output with your survivability.
  • Rainmasta - Lost City
    Rainmasta - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If you just wanted someone to lie and say OMG YOUR GEAR IS AMAZING why did you come here?

i think she was just trying to clarify what you were saying.

Personally, from 74-80 i just did public quest over and over and over. max rib strike, and focused mind if possible. if you can get your hands on shadow legend daggers that would be good too. i don't think my gear was much better than yours, save the fact i had +2 shadow legend. but at that point i could almost solo the PQ boss, and i was uncharmed. (by 77 or so i could solo w/ occasional pots, if you can resist his debuffs then that helps alot too) but i got pretty consistent 1st-3rd place if there wasnt a 10x there. personally, i found i did far better at PQ if i stayed out of a squad than if i joined one. as long as there are other people there. if not....then it would be a long time to solo the whole thing xD biggest issue with solo PQ is repairs. yikes.
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This is what my Assassin currently looks like. It's really not much better off than yours in terms of the gear itself, but what makes the difference is it is sharded and refined. Being that you are on the same server as I am, I can tell you now that AH almost always has a good set of 3* light armor gears you can use. Honestly, until 80, I still had 3* legs and top, but they still worked well.

If you are going for -interval as end game, you are looking at A LOT of money. To get 4+ APS, you have to have full Ashura's armor, Lionheart necklace and belt (because Lionheart is better than the Ashura ornaments) Rank 8 Top, Barrier Thorn Daggers, an Energetic robe, and Love: Up and Down tome.

It is basically nothing but -interval gear on you, with the exception of rings and helm, and with demon spark it gives you 4.35 APS.

So, if you are confident in being able to get that much money to get all of that gear, go ahead. However, just be aware it will cost a lot of money.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It is basically nothing but -interval gear on you, with the exception of rings and helm, and with demon spark it gives you 4.35 APS.
    With how the game rounds off attack speed, there is no such thing as 4.35 aps.

@ OP: You have some pretty good pieces of gear there. Your top, pants, daggers, rings, and necklace.
    Your pants should last you til TT80 or even TT90, possibly, but I'd suggest refining them a bit. It's not hard to refine to +2 or even +3 with just mirages.
    Top - Your top is your best piece and will last you until endgame, if not be endgame if you can't afford Rank 6 or higher.
    Weapon - Your daggers, while good, aren't as good as ☆Shadow Legend, which I suggest you try to get. I would however, place that on the back burner as your real hinderances are your boots, bracers, cape, and belt.
    Bracers/Boots - TT80 bracers and boots are awesome, but you'll need to souledges of TT70 in order to make them. For bracers, try to work for ☆Blood Bracers of Fang, I;'ve seen sins using them in their 90s. For boots, well...almost anything would be better than what you have now, but ☆Boots of Tiger Strength are commonly suggested.
    Belt - Since you have Rank 5, why not use the Rank 4 belt?
    Cape - For a cape, I would suggest ☆Cape of Tauran Chieftain, if you can afford it. I believe the mold alone now goes for about 3 or 4 mil. If that's out of your price range, try any 3-star cape around your level really. MP regen doesn't do much for sin unless you have alot of it stacked, which really hurts more important bonuses like +Patk, +HP, +P/Mdef, or +dex.
    This is what my Assassin currently looks like.
    I second this gear. Not too expensive, yet quite effective.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    According to your calc thing you are wearing arcane wristguards

technically, those are the correct wristguards with the correct stats. pwcalc just lists all "Light Wristguards" incorrectly as arcane.
    Belt - Since you have Rank 5, why not use the Rank 4 belt?

I 2nd everything he said except that ^. PDef would be much more useful than Evasion.
    With that being said, if you can't find yourself a TT squad, always check the Auction House for 3* gear with good adds. Good adds would be things like HP, +PDef, +Dex
    Replace your Arcane headwear with a Helmet. HP is more important than MP.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I 2nd everything he said except that ^. PDef would be much more useful than Evasion.
    With that being said, if you can't find yourself a TT squad, always check the Auction House for 3* gear with good adds. Good adds would be things like HP, +PDef, +Dex
    Replace your Arcane headwear with a Helmet. HP is more important than MP.
    I just realized that I linked the wrong belt. ☆☆☆Counterstream Insignia is the Rank 4 belt.
    Either way, it still has +evasion, which isn't very useful for a sin due to your high dex. Although it also has +dex, +HP, and is pretty cheap. I only suggested because she already had the rep for it. However, something like ☆Viper's Seal would be better suited for her.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Raizin - Harshlands
    Raizin - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Go for school rings which are great, and try to get the mold 51 boots which can be used till around 90. Grinding is not everything >.< farm and sell mats etc, and save up for hyper... then start leveling. Gear around 6x7x8x wont matter too much, as 75+ when u start doing FC, you'll out level your gear very easily, just look for good 3stars for robe, necklace etc. and aim for either R8 or TT90-99. Attend lots and lots of TT runs, and you can save up quite easily. Gear at this level is not important at all... -_- as you will out level any 7x or 8x gear in a few weeks if u go to fc regularly.... if your going for interval, slowly farm up and buy mats for your hook and thorn. Dont worry about gear now :) Just keep an eye out for your endgame :) just hyper up and farm up till then ^_^.
  • XFireversalX - Raging Tide
    XFireversalX - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sorry to say but you HP is BAD at lvl 70 ill have about 3k+ HP. You should prolly save up for Shards but with rising of token prices flawless citrines in RT cost about 390k now wich is crazy.. honestly u should shard with anything avialble because like i said ur HP is BAD at lvl 67 i alone have about 2.8k HP with **** gear. At lvl 70 ill have 3.6k+ or maybe 4k so try shards and refines ;D