Your gameplay: Identifying your strengths and weaknesses

Alt__toon - Archosaur
Alt__toon - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Good to change topics don't you think? Lol. Instead of the common threads, what is your overall strengths and weakness?

Strengths: your overall strengths in gameplay. It is often overrated and usually when you play a particular class, some people only look at that class's strength and complain about it like a competent assassin for example. As for the strengths is good to have, however, it is usually bragged about most often. Most likely in the PVP aspect of the game. However, everyone loves to show their strengths.

Weakness: your overall weakness, which is pretty much a reason most people would not want to admit, especially from a PVE point of view. However, sometimes people complain (mostly about wizards) being the weakest class in general. So basically, most often that nobody admits their weakness.

For my strengths: I am pretty much comfortable with survivability. When it comes to high VIT/ overall defense. So basically taking hits and focus on protecting my allies in battle.

For my weakness: I am not used to dealing damage still, I try too hard trying to control aggro while not killing too slow. But it overwhelmed me in squads. I am still working on this issue ^^"
Post edited by Alt__toon - Archosaur on

Comments

• L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Strenghts : Tanking, if we let me do my job as barb. Charmed, with a Zeal 74 str with solid shield 10, Wind shield 10 and cloud eruption (to gain fast chi if Invoke needed), not much scares me (except world bosses)

Weaknesses : I'm not a DD barb (will be more when turn demon) so if someone else wanna tank in my bh's..Well I feel useless and get a tad pissed..Blacklisted quite a few hot-headed that said against Nob/Pole "If barb dies, I can tank" but they ended up dying twice on them b:chuckle
  • tehiro
    tehiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    hmm, archer here

my strength... well compared to other archers i'm one of the toughest to kill archers you will ever meet in pve. i've been in instances with other archers that had nearly 1000 more hp then me and come out on top. i've seen squad wipes averted simply by the fact that i will not let anything kill me when i draw agro. a lot of people tell me that i should have rolled a barb. i've even outlasted bm's during aoe attacks, and i'm 100% pure dex.

weakness-- i'm squishy, being hit really hurts. like really really hurts. also i am terrible at fighting multiple mobs and i can't draw worth a **** and when i'm playing with other archers i can never quite time our skill uses correct
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I tank alot. What i hate about it is that i have no decent aggro skills except Alpha Male. I have to run all the way upto the mob to attack while a cleric/archer/wizzy/psy can attack much earlier from a distance. So usually i ask the party to wait with attacking untill im actually fighting the mob. This is a huge weakness. Tips to solve it are more then welcome.
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I like this thread. b:thanks

Archer:
    My strengths are basically any PVE aspect. I should have rolled a PVE server. -_- I basically know what to do in any given PVE situation, whether it be the cleric draws heal aggro or I'm tanking a mob/boss. I was running a 202020 in FB79 a few months back and I was the highest in the squad; we figured we'd let the veno with herc tank, but I ended up tanking 90% of the mobs and bosses alike. In FB69 I enjoy ramboing the mobs. :3

I love running TT's and FC's were nice until I quit for a long time and came back and everyone changed it. I had no clue archers were supposed to kill the shades if we didn't have a sin in the squad. I stood there like "Dur... are we gonna move?" But honestly, I feel very confident in any PVE situation you throw at me.

My weaknesses would definitely be PVP. I have killed a few people, and there's a few times I critted on my friend Haxxz when we would joke fight while porting out of an instance... so that doesn't really count as PVP. Honestly, I would rather go get charm ***** by a mob than another player. b:surrender
    The worst part is I know exactly what to do in PVP situations, but when it comes to doing them, I freeze up and hit whatever skill I see infront of me at the time. I always forget to winged shell, event pot, ToP... whatever. It usually goes Stunning Arrow > Spark > Normal attacks until I die because I'm like ZOMGWTFFF ;_; I am way more confident in PVP as a cleric, tbh

Cleric:
    The strengths I have playing a cleric are:
    I'm an epic healer, and I can't stand seeing anyone die. Usually if they're stupid and grab more than one mob without AoEing, I'll stand next to the smartest person in the squad, heal the idiot, Plume Shell and then spam heal myself while the smart person picks up on the fact that I've got a mob on me then (s)he attacks the mob, and I can resume healing others while no one dies. Most clerics would be like "Whatever, let them die 8D *stands there*"
    My weaknesses: Of course, being pure magic, heal frenzy can have some draw-backs, because I can die easy, but the only time I've died in an instance is because someone pulls an AoEing boss towards me in a BH -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    . Tips to solve it are more then welcome.

My main is a BM and I must say ..tips to hold agro ? Hmm..ALpha male is really amonst the best u have...2 choices :

- If u are a fist BM, go 4-5 APS fast..will help, but 1 mob at a time..

- If u are a rare AX BM, maybe with maxed HF then maxed AoE's u can keep some...
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Tips to solve it are more then welcome.

Stun it. Then switch to fists and hit as fast as you can, if you still don't have agro, stun again XD.

Holding agro isn't necessarily what a bm has to do to be effective accept if you're tanking bosses.

On regular mobs just keeping them from reaching the agro holding squishy DDs is enough. So focus on stuns and slows. (Axes are obviously better for this than fists, fists are best for boss agro holding)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Finrah - Sanctuary
    Finrah - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol this thread sounds like a "spy for pvp' thread to me xP

If you wanna know my strength and weakness... come fight me b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hmm...
    Well my strength would have to be in TW. I can stay alive for quite some time even being smacked by 5-6 people at once. It usually will take a group of people to kill me in TW, unless it's a one shot crit from someone, or a sin who unstealths right next to me and stuns. (ofc) And I heal my cat barb to the death. :)

Weaknesses would be in one on one pvp. For me this is harder for some reason, haha. I usually deny duel requests because I don't have a strategy for fighting each class. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yulk thread, moving on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Strength: Intelligence.b:victory
    i know more about this game than is good for my health b:surrender
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Strength: I'm more comfortable with having better survivability. So even with magic classes I always aim more for a vit build. With my veno I love my speed as well as holy path, for those handy get aways when the squad wipes. If they're lucky, I might be able to give the boss and/or mobs a run around the dungeon while the squad members revive, heal and rebuff. b:victory

Weakness: I can be clumsy at best, and die easily if I'm not careful or thinking straight. Sometimes I forget something important....other times it's because of either a bad connection, computer performance or mouse and keyboard. I'm also a casual player, so I don't level as fast as most. My teamwork skills aren't perfect either and I prefer to solo or do things my way, so it can take a lot for me to ask for help. b:surrender
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Since it's the first Yulk-thread without flamebait, I think I'll post.

Strengths: I adapt to squads rather than having them adapt to me. And I remember stuff no one else does, which has had my guildies call me a living encyclopedia.

Weaknesses: I have a tendency to try things out, be it good or bad.
    Most often bad.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Strengths: I have a job.

Weakness: I have a STD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.