Crits for Clerics

2»

Comments

• AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    crit arrow does not work. This was confirmed by GM. Only when you have a bow equipped.

Crit% is based per hit. You could attack 100 times no crit or 10 crits in a row unlikely but possible.

If you are getting crit though gear fine...but don't stat dex for it. Use those points elsewhere and yes 35 points is a lot...thats 350 hp or more magic attack and mp for clerics.

but bottom line is have fun...but don't get so tunneled visioned....at one time I wanted tons of crit gear...and actually had a bit. Still do...but, damage you can count on is by far more valuable....crit is just icing on the cake.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    but bottom line is have fun...but don't get so tunneled visioned....at one time I wanted tons of crit gear...and actually had a bit. Still do...but, damage you can count on is by far more valuable....crit is just icing on the cake.

With the gear i plan on getting (no not the expensive version ring, tome, and lol light armor sleeves) My damage will be pretty sweet and i agree icing on the cake, Very Very tasty icing with little icing chocolate flowers on top....
    b:dirty
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • J_Brightstar - Sanctuary
    J_Brightstar - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    As far as crit heals, I had an instance where my hp was at about 25%. Didn't have a charm at the time, and I used wellspring to heal (mob was dead). That one wellspring completely healed my hp. It had never healed that much before(75%hp), and still doesn't. As stated earlier, you can't tell with ih because of the heal over time effect, and that's what a majority of clerics use most. Maybe there was something funny going on, but based on that one instance, I think there is such a thing as a crit heal.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    As far as crit heals, I had an instance where my hp was at about 25%. Didn't have a charm at the time, and I used wellspring to heal (mob was dead). That one wellspring completely healed my hp. It had never healed that much before(75%hp), and still doesn't. As stated earlier, you can't tell with ih because of the heal over time effect, and that's what a majority of clerics use most. Maybe there was something funny going on, but based on that one instance, I think there is such a thing as a crit heal.

lol necro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol necro

nice sig

/inb4closed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    this proably has nothing to do with the tread... but i hit a 62k crit with lvl lvl 70 cleric (with debuffs from other players)
    34k crit by myself
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    That's an awful lot of crit for an arcane build. You'd probably be better putting that crit into -chan to be quite honest, because even at 25% crits aren't guaranteed to happen every duel or whatever.

What people don't understand is that a 25% crit rate doesn't mean you crit one in every four hits.

So, keeping this in mind, it would seem more sensible - especially if you're an arcane build - to make use of -chan, so that you don't have to rely on a lucky crit but can fire off spells as fast as possible and, hey, you might still get a lucky crit anyway and that crit would hurt all the more because you wouldn't be using the armor you have to be using now (some form of LA armor [evasive ornaments perhaps?] to aim for 25% crit at 100.) Or, you know, you're pumping points into dex and not saying anything. I dunno.

If you're really using nothing but arcane armor, you got incredibly lucky with the crit% bonuses you get from it.

he has rank8, he gets 11 percent naturaly, chaneling i believe to be at 30 percent, i also have rank8, i got 14 or 15 percent and got 53 percent chaneling with sage magic shell that is, however a crit on a group of players only...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2011

It's pretty silly how even clerics dont really know how much they are healing. They should add some green floating numbers for you guys so you can see how pro you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It's pretty silly how even clerics dont really know how much they are healing. They should add some green floating numbers for you guys so you can see how pro you are.

Cleric's...by experiance...should know what they can heal with each of their skills b:surrenderb:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    23% crit build
    3 dex base
    3 vit base
    mage based str
    pure mage build
    -24% channeling

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=94f124583d6767bc

There you go. That's the closest you'll get to 25% pure mage.

(Yes I only put in 1 Prim stone into weapon because in the game it's only 1% per stone)

All of this gear is possible in the game right now.

Alternatively:
    Same as above with the differences:
    22% crit
    Double the p def
    -30% channeling

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a22e1e8eac8aa320

Both of these builds are just with the cleric buffs. Other ones have not been put on.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Faynalia - Sanctuary
    Faynalia - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    23% crit build
    3 dex base
    3 vit base
    mage based str
    pure mage build

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1f3bc074252988f2

There you go. That's the closest you'll get to 25% pure mage.

(Yes I only put in 1 Prim stone into weapon because in the game it's only 1% per stone)

All of this gear is possible in the game right now.

You cannot re-stat Dex to 3...trust me i tried -.-
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    but Astypoo has 3 mag and 3 vit :O

anyways...http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f7a0779a4360162c
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Ah. Then I guess you can change that to 5 dex. Either way it doesn't affect the build.

Also look at the alternative build.

Edit: Link has been fixed in my post above
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7f3b697e5b62730d

build probably closest to getting 25% crit with currently available gear with a PURE mag build

so no dex added it would be max like 23% crit (primevils in char calc show up as 2% but only reflect 1% in char info so added 2)
    b:shutup
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Add a Nirvana weapon instead for a bit more crit. Probably unrealistic to get all crit ads, but you should be able to get +4% and +2% without too many recasts.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d4fc464f2140563a

Add 2% crit from Metal mastery and you have 29% crit. Not bad for a pure mag build :)
    edited February 2011
    Add a Nirvana weapon instead for a bit more crit. Probably unrealistic to get all crit ads, but you should be able to get +4% and +2% without too many recasts.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d4fc464f2140563a

Add 2% crit from Metal mastery and you have 29% crit. Not bad for a pure mag build :)

Was waiting on someone to remember the 2% from metal mastery. Also....Who necroed my thread? b:sad

Edit:Nirvana hats exist? Geez i need to spend more time looking at those forges. 1 More level till rank 8 woot!
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Why is everyone putting 2 prim stones on the calculator? In game they only give 1% each b:surrender
    edited February 2011
    Why is everyone putting 2 prim stones on the calculator? In game they only give 1% each b:surrender

Even tho the calculator says 2% its only adding 1% per stone, its a funny glitch.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Even tho the calculator says 2% its only adding 1% per stone, its a funny glitch.

b:shocked I see
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    you guys are forgetting the brotherhood tome...

heres an easy 25% crit... b:surrender

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d12d8487fa747252

even tho this thread is necro i guess its still very useful in present situations
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
This discussion has been closed.