Rank 9 archer or wizard?

zavias
zavias Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Archer
Note: Not a double post. Intentionally posted in both archer board and wizard board, I want to hear from both sides.

I am thinking about to go for rank 9, only like 6 original classes. But it is hard to decide the class, so seeking some help here. Please let me know which class you think is better to go rank 9, let me know the reason if possible.

Thanks
Post edited by zavias on

Comments

• Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    -Withholds biased opinion-

You really shouldn't post x class vs. y class threads in class forums. Just saying.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Should post this in the Veno forum too... Get some good feedback there too... b:puzzled
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • zavias
    zavias Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Should post this in the Veno forum too... Get some good feedback there too... b:puzzled

I do not need to ask any veno, when my veno is level 100, you were not even a veno yet. I give up my level 101 veno 1 and half years ago. so you opinion does not count, because you are not in position to give me a suggestion. b:laugh

I post in 2 board because most experienced players do not check more then one class board, at least there is not any one has a rank 9 archer and a rank 9 wizard. I need opinion from player who has real experience in their class, that's why I did not post in general board.
    -Withholds biased opinion-

You really shouldn't post x class vs. y class threads in class forums. Just saying.

If I get biased opinion from both side, and able to combine them, then it is not biased opinion to me any more. I know the opinion will be biased if I ask in archer board or wizard board. that's why I am seeking opinion from experienced archer and wizard.
  • DeathOfLisa - Heavens Tear
    DeathOfLisa - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    zavias wrote: »
    I do not need to ask any veno, when my veno is level 100, you were not even a veno yet. I give up my level 101 veno 1 and half years ago. so you opinion does not count, because you are not in position to give me a suggestion. b:laugh

Why create a thread asking for help if you're going to turn your nose up at every suggestion? Ijs.

I post in 2 board because most experienced players do not check more then one class board, at least there is not any one has a rank 9 archer and a rank 9 wizard. I need opinion from player who has real experience in their class, that's why I did not post in general board.

Honestly, why would you need opinions on what class to play? You should play whatever you enjoy more, not what some stranger recommends. As for "experienced players only checking one board", I'm not sure that's entirely true. Many people have alt characters that they're experienced in. I'm am example of this. My main toon is a sin, but I also like playing my archer and reading about them.

Responses in red.
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    Yoyoki - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Firstly to the op your a **** for being so rude b:angry

secondly if you had a lvl101 level veno, you should know enough about the game to make a proper decision as to which class youd prefer to play and the procs of the gears both classes which suit your game play best...which i bet you cant because your ******. thanks b:victory
  • RuneSeeker - Harshlands
    RuneSeeker - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    -Make insta-cast R9 +12 Wizard.
    -Kill everyone before they even realize they're dead.
    -Kill all the guards around archosaur
    -Kill any GM's that try to see what's going on
    -Win game.
    -Go outside, and breathe some fresh air. You're done. It's over, you can relax now.
    Original Join Date: Nov 2008, from LC. Fun times back then with RageQuit, AxeGanG and GuardianZ.
    -Improvise, Adapt and Overcome-
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38260072001&dateline=1292187452[/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    I do not need to ask any veno, when my veno is level 100, you were not even a veno yet.

How would you even know that?
    so you opinion does not count, because you are not in position to give me a suggestion. b:laugh

Playing longer =/= experience or skill.

Your logic is amusing.
    If I get biased opinion from both side, and able to combine them, then it is not biased opinion to me any more. I know the opinion will be biased if I ask in archer board or wizard board. that's why I am seeking opinion from experienced archer and wizard.

Even more amusing still. xD

You certainly need to work on your social skills.and English.

b:cute
    edited February 2011
    b:laugh Amusing is quite correct.

The thread question is pointless in itself, two threads cross-posted or not.

And... zomg... I AM a veno! So... Um... Your nonsensical reply leaves no obvious doors open for me to humiliate you further than you have done to yourself already. b:avoid

Oh, wait... It does, I just am not that much of... nevermind.

Anyway, I know an R9 Archer. Extremely OP. I know an R9 Wizard. Extremely OP.

But, since you're being extremely stupid, you will get no advice from me, but not because I dislike you, which I do, but because I have no clue how to give you advice. It's completely unapparent what you actually are asking, you have no idea what you are asking yourself, and no matter what anyone tells you, you will snub all advice that's given.

And I played PWI for 3 years, since Open Beta... So go shove a sock in it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wheres all of the archer math? =/ On the wiz forum he's getting alot of positive advice and in the archer forum everyones just raging lol. I'm curious to xP
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
    edited February 2011
    Dunno. I go to every forum but the Wizard forum and the fish forums. I didn't play my Wiz or Psy before I quit, and my Sin was a solo character, which I didn't really want or need advice for. Plus, it would eventually be turned into a mindless grinding drone for money making, or was going to before I left.

Eh, I don't go into the Barb forum much either, it's kinda... Dead. The rugs are nice though.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wheres all of the archer math? =/ On the wiz

Perhaps we could address this in story problem format?

If your maths prof gave you a quiz where you were asked "Which is best, apples or oranges?" which mathematical techniques would you use in your answer?

Or, maybe we could treat this like a tech support issue?
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wheres all of the archer math? =/ On the wiz forum he's getting alot of positive advice and in the archer forum everyones just raging lol. I'm curious to xP

Maybe it's just us wizzies being so happy about someone still considering to start a new wiz
    that we were nearly forced to help out here b:chuckle

Well i guess the required maths would be dmg calculations for r9 arch and r9 wiz. Personally i would like to see what's stronger in the end the wizards additional % weapon dmg on the skills or archers better refining and higher dmg range on weapons. The impact of +att lvl would also be nice to see

greetz harm0wnie
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2011

If your maths prof gave you a quiz where you were asked "Which is best, apples or oranges?" which mathematical techniques would you use in your answer?

Or, maybe we could treat this like a tech support issue?

Apples are better b:kiss that poor mans blackberry isnt working! x.x
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Psychic, you don't need to like your class to be the most OP thing in the game.
  • altweina
    altweina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You know its funny how so many people jump on those who ask these types of questions....I am AMAZED at the math some of you pull out to find things out on here...I am good at math but maybe too old or lazy to find the information or equations like damage for a wizard.

If you simply look at the two toons in question (pls b be nice not trying to troll)

Archer
    -best range on the game....base tied with wizard but items and sage skills can make it better. Range is a big deal, you can kill someone before they can even shoot you. I got used to my archer and I could tab and kill.....on my cleric I tab a target run towards them and I am dead:) before I attack. Granted wasn't the best move, but its an advantage of archer....You can always hit them first .....unless they are popping out of stealth.

Wizard
    -Overall DPH leader, atleast that is what I keep reading. Its magic damage which is good because it knocks the highest hp toons the hardest......Magic classes not so much but they have low hp.....So I would think this gives them an advantage in this area.

Overall there are more toons that are arcane or light......so the physical damage of the archer might be better.....but I know before all the rank 8/9 was easily available I could not take down barbs and bm's easily.

I guess it is like comparing Apples to Oranges.....its not an easy comparison to find a clear cut answer, however, given more detailed perimeters I think its doable. b:surrender So as I write this I agree there is no easy answer. Its just like American football, who is the most important defensive position.....well they all do their part.
  • BlaZinBoy - Heavens Tear
    BlaZinBoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Archer get the first jump..ARCHER HANDS DOWN.Stun ..shoot shoot..aim low get distance..BAM BAM..wiz usually dead after the stun anyways.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Go Rank 9 wizard. Full Rank 9 wizards are much better than archers.

Mdef is less effective than PDef.

+12 r9 BIDS is absolutely amazing in TW.

1 on 1 in PvP wizards do well against almost any other class except BM's (who use magic marrow)

+12 R9 mage has more potential than a +12 r9 archer.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wheres all of the archer math?
    Well i guess the required maths would be dmg calculations for r9 arch and r9 wiz.

::contains rage::

Not only Archers do math. b:cute
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    ::contains rage::

Not only Archers do math. b:cute

Quit spying in my Archer forums, Cleric mathematicianb:angry
  • playmepleaze
    playmepleaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I personally see nothign wrong with the question.
    There should be formulas to figure out some raw stats.
    Sadly the archer forum has lost all those amazing math wiz's.
    Looks like mostly trollers, no good advice to found here anymore
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    To the above:

Not true at all.
    Most people here are archer fans and it is obvious because they have stuck to their classes even when the OP sins came out and everybody jumped in the bandwagon to reroll that toon.

It will be obvious that almost everybody here will say "go archer because. . ."
    I certainly would because I love my class and wouldn't change it no matter how OP any other seems.

The two classes are completely different and should not be compared.

They are both ranged.
    The similarities stop there.

Try out both classes for a while and then make your decision on YOUR experience and what YOU enjoy most.
  • AgentPotato - Archosaur
    AgentPotato - Archosaur Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Archers are all pew pew at massive range and looking hella sexy while doing it.

Wizards look like they're taking it up the ****, but then r9 wizzies usually give it up the **** too b:shutup

Archer > Wiz in fun factor

R9 wiz > R9 archer if you just wanna faceroll and not worry about having to hit things more than once to kill them.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Archers are all pew pew at massive range and looking hella sexy while doing it.

Log on your char and use thundershock (or w/e the hell it's called :P), go ahead, I'll wait.

Back? Okay, now tell me how that looks more manly/sexy than BIDS/BT/MS.
    And what move does it look like we're taking it up the ****? Sounds to me like you've gotten it up the **** from afew wizzies b:chuckle
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Log on your char and use thundershock (or w/e the hell it's called :P), go ahead, I'll wait.

Back? Okay, now tell me how that looks more manly/sexy than BIDS/BT/MS.
    And what move does it look like we're taking it up the ****? Sounds to me like you've gotten it up the **** from afew wizzies b:chuckle

He's the tankiest archer on our server.
    I've seen him tank BIDS and BT from the heaviest built wizards on our server.

And... trust me when I say... he'll like the ballerina twirl on male archers... b:chuckle
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Psychic, you don't need to like your class to be the most OP thing in the game.

QFT. Best refines+r9 is without comparison, best on psychic.

If you don't understand why, then I lol at you.