Most fun class to play? Is...

Elvis_ - Lost City
Elvis_ - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I have tried every class to lvl 50 or higher and have my own thoughts on which class is the most fun to play. I was curious about what you think is the most fun class to play and why? (keep in mind i'm not asking which is the "best" class to play, just your thoughts on th most fun from your personal accounts.)
Post edited by Elvis_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well, veno imo b:chuckle I love foxform, and a venos customisation. I also loved playing my cleric, but after she got to the mid-6xs people started getting really nitpicky and demanding, so I quit her D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Lady_of_rage - Lost City
    Lady_of_rage - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'd have to say a Venomancer. They are the most versatile class of all, have a battle pet, and there is a lot, and I mean, a lot of room for error playing one.
    We are Death, destroyer of Worlds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Barbaro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If it aint barb it aint right.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I think my assassin is the most fun, my veno comes in a close secondb:victory
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    An anti-social Cleric.

With most classes, you've got to actively go out of your way if you want to annoy other players.

With a Cleric, just minding your own business and doing your own thing will cause nearby players to go absolutely ballistic as you ignore their pleas for rezzes/buffs/heals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • tehiro
    tehiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Archer, its fun being tactical in squads, even if we don't have as many useful debuffs when an archer is doing there job correct then you see freezes stuns and slows used to make the entire group work better and faster.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wizard by far. I've played pretty much every class except veno to a decent level, and I always end up right back at wiz.

Most challenging to play, I like big numbers, I love TW, and even though 1v1 PvP can be tough as a wiz, it's possible, and very rewarding when you win.

Oh, and I like big flashy moves b:chuckle
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    An anti-social Cleric.

With most classes, you've got to actively go out of your way if you want to annoy other players.

With a Cleric, just minding your own business and doing your own thing will cause nearby players to go absolutely ballistic as you ignore their pleas for rezzes/buffs/heals.

You are just..mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hands down my wizard. Though it has been a challenging journey so far, playing wizard has proven to be full of fun times. After my wizard I would chose my bm.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Clerics and sins baby! Clerics because you can heal and everyone wants you b:cute and best of all you don't need aps (evil laugh) to get into squads or you won't get ignored either.

Sin because stealth, 5aps, omg b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Having an 85+ of every class (lowest non-duplicates being 85 psy and 96 barb) I would say my favorite classes are BM, sin, and cleric. At this time I don't plan on rolling any Earthguard class.

BM because it's extremely versatile -- fun to tank, fun to DD, fun to do certain instances like RB, lunar, warsong, and so on.

Sin because it's so imba -- been using my 4.0 sage sin to solo FF runs to level up more alts, as well as help friends level themselves up, and it's great to skip the annoying mid levels and have a soloing machine.

Cleric because it's nice to actually support a group and be a leader by dictating the pace. Although, too often I got called rambo cleric or crazy cleric because of a penchant for sticking my neck out along with people in my squad doing damage along with healing.

I like my wizard and psychic a lot. They have their own drawbacks, which is inability to do the same insane damage as APS on single targets, and how often they need to be babysat even during AOE instances which they thrive most on. However, it's nice watching high DPH on my wizard, being a backup heal, having SB to help with pdef, and watching my psy just crush stuff doing AOE's and the enormous amount of options they have. I also like my barb because it's nice having a semi decent amount of hp (17K) and being able to show most of the noob barbs how an oracle/solo FF alt can do better than them. I like my archer too just having the ability to do plenty of ranged damage and do crazy APS dmg, although when I r8 my archer I might just make her pure dex or near pure dex and use Gorenox's+Warsoul helm instead of TT100 fists and Forest Wisdom.
  • Zeekiel - Lost City
    Zeekiel - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, I would have to say my favorite class to play is my Cleric. I mean its cool to feel needed. Granted we dont have the hardest job, we basically press a few buttons, but it is difficult at times, trying to keep multiple people alive plus ourselves. We dont have any durability, but then again, we arent ment to. I love it when people ask for a Rez or a Buff or Heal, it is nice, to be needed. But when they get demanding, then it is irritating.

I would say my second favorite class to play is my Wiz. It took me a while to figure it out, then after I did, I absolutely loved it. More durability than my Cleric, because it can take things down at a nice rate.

Venos arent bad either, I mean they look awesome in foxform, and with a pet, you got your own tank wherever you go.
  • Alt__toon - Archosaur
    Alt__toon - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Barb because you bite and pounce and take hits like a beast ^.^
  • Kiitaro - Sanctuary
    Kiitaro - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    An anti-social Cleric.

This post made my night. b:laugh

And I think Sins are the most fun :3 Especially when people start ******** at you for stealthing in a duel :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Bowbarians.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i have tried every class to 40
    id say that barb cleric and bm are my fav in that order then veno, wiz, archer, sin, psy

i have all my seeker's gear till 60 ready for when genesis releases on march 2nd

i plan on making a mystic later
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Cleric, i control life and death, people **** me off, they die on the spot, if anyone dares to call me cleric i will not comply to their wishes, the cleric has a name... if people run on their own and im not there and they blame me for death, they will stay dead. its awesome to be a cleric
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i actually dont have a fav class i luv each and everyone of them i just lvl the ones tht are easier for my free2play life style to make coin higher then the rest sense i suck at merchantingb:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Noibina - Sanctuary
    Noibina - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I love my archer =) i don't have every class equal (every other than my archer is stuck around 20 xD) But i just love my archer too much to lvl the others =P
    [SIGPIC]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r156/mrmackey_2007/signatures/noibina.png[/SIGPIC]
    ^Thanks to Nowitsawn

//Sanctuary:
    Noibina - Archer , MiNoi - Venomancer , AnNoiD - Mystic , NoiLife - Cleric , xNoi - Seeker , MaNoi - Mage , NoiKed - Blademaster , NoiSins - Assassin

Motto: Memento Mori - Remember that you will die
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    right now i've only tried two classes, and out of the two (veno and sin), i'm liking sin quite a lot.

My veno is 87, and sin 88. I'm still new-ish to this game (been playing for roughly half a year now), and i have yet to fully experience the endgame portion of the game, which includes the 89 culti, nirvana, 5aps, and so forth. i also haven't tried out warsong either.

i can't wait to try out mystic! i love veno's, and i love being support as one. mystics just add to the list!
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well, lessee... Most fun

PvE
    Archer for normal mobs
    Cleric for instance runs.

PvP
    Psychic because you **** off everybody at once.
    Assassin for single target bitchslapping.

Hmm... Why'd I make a bm...
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    For me it's venomancer and wizard...

Veno because you have to deal with your own spells, make sure you are not ganked, but also take care of your pet and wisely command it to reduce foes into nothingness in a flash. I like multi-tasking, you see.

Wiz because they cause rather big damage, can last for a while without needing to recharge MP (unlike psychics) and use knockback (will of the phoenix)... And what's more funny than to summon a big column of water out of nowhere (they don't need any Y-shaped sticks to find springs), launch flaming cards Gambit style and other meteorites from space.

As for melee classes, I like my BM, even if mobs starting from lv 60 are too willing to use magic, just to annoy my world. But I adapted to it.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver
    $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Atm I like my SIN most

decent aps and bloodpaint = almost no dmg received from normal mobs

i just luv it

b:thanks
    I am:
    VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
    LadyVeonita Lvl 034 Archer
    VeonitaMysti Lvl 055 Mystic
    $exyAlexis Lvl 090 Cleric
    $exyAIexis Lvl 100 Sin

Im in your Mind and I will never leave~
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    My great love is my wizard.

But grabbing crab meat and/or a charm on my Blademaster and just running into a huge group of mobs and seeing how many you can take out before you die is just damn pure fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I love my Veno above all.
    but i like playing my cleric as well, especially together with my husand's barb.
    Also got an archer which is Very nice being able to DD from a long distance and most of the time being able to stay out of AOE range.
    Atm working on an assassin which is fun as well specially if i think about it, I started PW with a Sin even before i made my Veno!

Wished i knew then how great the potential of a sin was now
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I have tried every class to lvl 50 or higher and have my own thoughts on which class is the most fun to play. I was curious about what you think is the most fun class to play and why? (keep in mind i'm not asking which is the "best" class to play, just your thoughts on th most fun from your personal accounts.)
    any class that doesnt need your eyes glued to the screen 24/7 and the HP bars of your class thus missing out on the cool graphics and environments of the game. So that kinda rules cleric out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    1. Barbarian(even if I left my on 97 lvl now bored of demanding a FC everyday from everyone b:surrender).
    2. Venomancer(3k feathers to phoenix! b:victory)
    3. Cleric(like to heal ppl and buff them but now is so many clerics around and not many barbs to be healed so I left him for while)
    4. Archer( ranged dd is something new compared to other chars I play, but compared to sin is "weak cake" eh <.<).

I still love my barbarian more then venomancer, but don't have moneys for good gear for him(r8/9), repairs bills.... veno is much cheaper b:shutup when I grind with veno I can put up my lovely music or film(playing in window) no need to worry about repair bill after it. I liek Veno's customization, thanks this my veno at least look CUTE x3

*I'm a girl..
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You are just..mean.

Just needs more SOS fireworks. b:bye

If you a 'resurrecting' them it is their experience that they get back.

1. Resurrection if you are in the general area / dungeon in party / with the forthcoming Seeker addition will be avaliable. Are the more logical moves.

2. Resurrection across the other side of the map or if you feel for the other person is an emotional move and therefore is at your own ego's discretion.

Just getting back on topic:

The most / more classes I find based on principles: (Views from a PvE server)

Hopefully Trust In Getting Through The Mid-Sections / Boss Holding as a group:
    Barbarian / Cleric (Unless 5 APS -> Solo)
    Boss Killing Physical Damage Trust Principle: Assassin, BM, Archer
    Magic Boss Taking / Tanking / Magic Damage: Wizard, Psychic
    Debuffing Trust + Magic Damage: Venomancer

You can look at these as like ratios or reputation if you will. Hope I'm not being boring?

Main Point: I'd like to see more CORE CONNECT interactivity with who you partied with, successful dungeon run attempts, failed attempts. This could lead to further improvement in the character. My case in point is that the stats should be anonymous and should reflect you as a person, either that or a reflection of your characters ethic and this could all be put on CORE CONNECT if you set it up, right.

Also other demonstrations of graphing information data can be gleaned from:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993721157/stats/TF2/ as an example (Your personal Core Connect status?)
    http://www.steampowered.com/status/ep2/ep2_stats.php another example of single player gameplay stats demonstrated through global information.
    http://steamcommunity.com/stats/HL2:EP2/achievements/ - global achievement stats example
    http://steamcommunity.com/stats/TF2/achievements/ - global multiplayer achievement stats.

A leader board is a nice approach for PVP and K/D ratio but global anonymous statistics is usually a better approach. So customer focus first and player focus.

Maybe even number of times certain material has dropped from TT / Lunar / Nirvana

I would think these things would be more important to players, as well as personal statistics so they know in themselves that they are 'DOING WELL' as a character.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    so nobody voted for a class that he doesnt play? i wont be an exception, psyb:dirty
    you only purge once #yopo