WIz vs. 2011

13»

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hey, hey, killing 146 ppl in a 2.5h TW I wouldn't call it useless. And that with a +5 r8 wep while I haven't been in TW in almost 1 yr and a lot of my timings are a bit off.
    But outside of TW and maybe RB(until seekers are running free) wizzies have no use.
    Aw, wait, cheap Cube runs, forgot those.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    :( guess its just because its soo hard to play at low lvs most ppl quit.. ( like i did when heard about genesis XD) lolz

At low levels it is easy and interesting (up to 80 level).

Then it is boring.
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    To anyone who thinks Wizzies are useless you might as well quit.

When I still played I proved myself more useful in an FF/TT run than the sin we had, he later rage quit the squad because he was so useless compared to me (he died 6+ times on pulls while I held DB up and survived every pull, even throwing sage hailstorm, BIDS and BT on pulls for fun and surviving while he was too scared to attack. He was a noob, he was well geared but such a fail)

Why just give up on a good class because you're scared of a bit of competition? I'd happily take a wizard in any of my squads over a new class because I believe they are good. I even used to set FF squads up clearly stating that I want either another wizard or an archer, No TB because everyone just played them because they were too easy to grind and were complete fails. Experience beats all.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    To anyone who thinks Wizzies are useless you might as well quit.

When I still played I proved myself more useful in an FF/TT run than the sin we had, he later rage quit the squad because he was so useless compared to me (he died 6+ times on pulls while I held DB up and survived every pull, even throwing sage hailstorm, BIDS and BT on pulls for fun and surviving while he was too scared to attack. He was a noob, he was well geared but such a fail)

Why just give up on a good class because you're scared of a bit of competition? I'd happily take a wizard in any of my squads over a new class because I believe they are good. I even used to set FF squads up clearly stating that I want either another wizard or an archer, No TB because everyone just played them because they were too easy to grind and were complete fails. Experience beats all.

you can believe whatever you want, fairies, santa, pan gu...
    the fact is that the single target dps of a wiz is nothing compared to a -int build
    ur experience is not enough

and thnx for ur clueless racism
    personally i would rather have a second psy than a wizzy in fc.
    2 wizzies? yikes
  • darksider2011
    darksider2011 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    sorry, i have a problem... i haven't played PWI for a long time and now i want to start it again. i've downloaded the game, installed, but when i'm trying to update the game, i wait for about a minute and then an empty blue window appears with 2 choices: Try Again and Stop Update.
    can anyone help me pls???

PS: i have the 420 version.b:shockedb:shocked
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    and thnx for ur clueless racism
    personally i would rather have a second psy than a wizzy in fc.
    2 wizzies? i'll pass.

The "racism" came from having too many fail psys or sins in the FF that just f'ed up the run and ended up getting kicked and making us go slower finding others. The only TB I would take from now on are people I have known, know their class and actually bother to help in the aoe pulls rather than just stand around or wait until each boss is on 50% HP to attack.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    don't judge a class by the idiots you encounter playing it.
    True, sometimes you tend to mix the class with the idiot behind the keyboard.
    Wizards have no use outside of TW and RB.
    FC runs? puhlease...mobs in FC don't live long enough to be burned by DB. Fast spamable aoe skills like psy's are more efficient. A Sin, even if fail, will give to any aps class in that squad a free autoheal. From 3.33 aps sparked that heal is considerable. Stealth kill to open doors makes the run faster. AOE dmg increase is also a neat thing to have. Any sin knows how to do at least this much. Beside, Sin's dmg on bosses is higher than wiz's. Once Demon spark kicks in, it's not even a competition. Before 89 that a wiz can spark 2 times/boss in average? well, Sin will double spark 4-5 times. Again, there is just no competition.
    I love my wiz and I have fun playing it, but my 5 aps BM is za **** in PvE: tripple spark + HF every 30 sec FTW.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    Ruli - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The game has become unbalanced for the old classes. but here lies the problem, Nerf the fish you upset a huge part of the community. Increase effectiveness of the old classes you upset a huge part of the community. Bring all the classes into line IE with a skills revamp including the fish too same level as the upcoming classes you make it far to easy across the board for everything. That would just give the devs a license to make all instances even harder. would also take a lot of time.
    Balance does need to be looked at for all classes. 16k sage barb with sage flesh ream should not be loosing aggro from anything, Sage flesh ream should be the be all an end all of all aggro skills, I dun like been out shined by some talentless little fish stick that's got an ego an wants to make me burn through 3 sparks to stop his scaly *** getting toasted by the boss. Wizzie channeling needs looking at too, an yes i also got a 101 sage wizzie, love playing her. But i never run nirvana with her, all the aps hype on HT makes you wanna cry.b:cry

Far as my future as a wizzie or a barb goes i got mixed feelings about it, the OP aoe of the seeker is scary. I just managed too finally get my wizzie through her culti got 3rd fairy now. Would i prefere too take a wizzie in my party as a barb? hell yes every time, even over BM's an archer they top of the list. Sadly others not see it that way. Well played wizard brings a lot to the table when it comes too making a squad for anything.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    16k sage barb with sage flesh ream should not be loosing aggro from anything, Sage flesh ream should be the be all an end all of all aggro skills, ...

This is the wizard forums, but... I thought demon barbs got the extra aggro holding abilities and sage barbs got the extra damage soaking abilities?

For wizards... eh... maybe I should try playing wizard again? They can be fun, but getting skill books takes so much work getting good modern gear would take so much time also, and I barely have enough time to play my archer...
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Far as my future as a wizzie or a barb goes i got mixed feelings about it, the OP aoe of the seeker is scary. I just managed too finally get my wizzie through her culti got 3rd fairy now. Would i prefere too take a wizzie in my party as a barb? hell yes every time, even over BM's an archer they top of the list. Sadly others not see it that way. Well played wizard brings a lot to the table when it comes too making a squad for anything.

yeah, they bring a lot, except dps. Who cares that I can crit 50k on a HF boss without even trying too hard? I can do that every 2 seconds when BM HFs, and if there's a perfect sync I have 3 tries, and I have 20% chance of that crit to happen on those 3 tries. My BM hits a boss 5 times/sec on HF , that's 50k dmg /sec . 100k in 2 seconds, 120k if we consider the 21% crit rate I have. That 60k is the minimal dmg output/second on a 3 spark HF. Then while my BM is permasparked and normal attks at a rate of ~ 25k dmg/sec my wizard can pop up a gush for 5k every other 2 seconds, o a 2.5k dps rate. So ya, my BMs dmg output is about 10 times the one on my wiz. I'm pretty sure a rank8 daggers 4 aps sin will severely outdamage even my BM, so ya...wonder why caster DDs are not looked for in TT/Nirvana

And it's all about damage in the end. Making runs faster,more profit for everyone.
    I have a few barbs/BMs and even clerics/archers that ask me often to go Delta. Why? cause they know my **** can soak up a shytload of dmg while keeping that DB up an running. And a DB from a rank8 sword with lvl 3 attk aura at least is kinda scary.
    In TW I wouldn't use my BM if you'd pay me too.
    But yeah, outside of those two instances, wizards are pretty much useless. Now seekers look like they will be a helluva lot better than wizards in RB. HA self centered AOE + Self centered aoe while moving? Are you FFFFFF kiddin' me? So as a HA class I can basically go pull the wave, do dmg - establish aggro while running/pulling, then come back and set Continuous aoe with all the aggro I want on me without making anyone in squad hold back on DD or trying to get aggro off me. Gimme a BP to go with it and there, I have a personal cleric for heal beside the one in BB already. 30% def lvl buff, some crab meat and ****, an endgame seeker could solo RB, lol. Well, the solo part is a bit out of like but you get my point.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    i agree that the delta scenario you described, Ursa, is...awesome? OP?
    dunno, i would like to be in that delta.

basically seeker could replace barb in delta (i can see 6 seeker deltas, all of them running through the mobs lol)

however, based on that heavy aoe efficiency of the seeker... i kinda see some hope for wiz/psy/aoe dds
    why would they make an aoe OP class if aoes are only useful in delta?

so maybe aoe gains some value in money-making?
    just like they introduced sins, great single-target dps plus nirvana (only instance with just bosses)?

well, i admit that i am kinda desperately see a sign of hope for my class and propably mistaken; but yeah, i am still not ready to roll a sin qq xd
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    well, it would be nice if they would introduce an instance that would reward AOE DD. That would be a good idea to stop the QQ-ing of the Psy/Wizards/Venos.
    Make that instance give XP (Delta xp is a sad joke) and also give something like warsong badges that one could exchange for gear.
    For the sake of everything holy, don't make another stupid as$ TT-like instance with random drops. Make something every runner in a squad will benefit from - like getting a token after each completed stage. The more you can complete the bigger the number of reward tokens. That would incourage the teamplay again and kill 1 man Rambo runs. Go with full squads, finish/go as far as you can - fail=retry. No problem, you have godly gear you can go alone and aoe them to death. But 5 ppl in Aoe will always be faster than you solo.
    Teamwork, learning your class if you want to progress, farming stuff that you need for endgame, get some side XP with it.
    But yeah, when did you see a good thing - from players perspective - added to this game?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    well, it would be nice if they would introduce an instance that would reward AOE DD. That would be a good idea to stop the QQ-ing of the Psy/Wizards/Venos.
    Make that instance give XP (Delta xp is a sad joke) and also give something like warsong badges that one could exchange for gear.
    For the sake of everything holy, don't make another stupid as$ TT-like instance with random drops. Make something every runner in a squad will benefit from - like getting a token after each completed stage. The more you can complete the bigger the number of reward tokens. That would incourage the teamplay again and kill 1 man Rambo runs. Go with full squads, finish/go as far as you can - fail=retry. No problem, you have godly gear you can go alone and aoe them to death. But 5 ppl in Aoe will always be faster than you solo.
    Teamwork, learning your class if you want to progress, farming stuff that you need for endgame, get some side XP with it.
    But yeah, when did you see a good thing - from players perspective - added to this game?

excellent ideas.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    well, it would be nice if they would introduce an instance that would reward AOE DD.

I've said forever they should at mobs to nirvana.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    adding mobs to nirvana will not help caster classes. At all. Actually it would work against them, since the price of uncanny/raps will increase due to nirvana's increased difficulty. Look how they effing TT...what a sad joke killing any hope of a lvl 90 squad to even try to get 99 gear. Sure, rep is on sale, you can get r8 and up to 100 FC can be done in lvl 50 NPC gear. But then remove the whole friggin TT and put the mats at misterious merchant for chips and coins. At least you create a valid coin sink like that.
    How to make coins? well, increase DQ drop rate, ppl will make coins but spend them, and also will be a good incentive to grind.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XChadx - Raging Tide
    XChadx - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Plain and simple the old classes are dead as is, go to any server and you have a hard time finding them. So yes the old classes complain now, the tideborn players dont because they are currently still OP and useful. After the new race comes in March the tideborns will not be the OP classes and will stop being played as much as well, then they will complain like the original classes are.
    So.. pretty much everyones going to Reroll, waste tons of money, QQ, reroll, waste tons of money, QQ... ect
    Until they finally give up on pwi and play a dif game. My advice... save yourself a couple thousand dollars and go find a new game.

Had this game since it came out, and... honestly it stopped being worth playing when you could buy levels. Undortunately all the other games out there are just as bad if not worst.
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    For example, in FW every instance has TONS of mobs. Best way to get through is to aoe them down. The two aoe classes mage/burst tree marksmen are your choice to take. If you bring a marksmen, they are squishy and die fast but do good damage. Bring a mage, they deals decent damage but are able to handle themselves if they get too much aggro. Things like that.

@thanos there are [insert certain MMO] players on FW that like FW better than that certain MMO. [/COLOR]
    Here we has wine to get rid of those mobs. You really think wine/whiskey/vodka wont be introduced in FW b:shutup

Wizzies are gonna be dusted off once a week before TW b:sad
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Until they finally give up on pwi and play a dif game. My advice... save yourself a couple thousand dollars and go find a new game.

Personally, I tried that, but my laptop is below spec on even games which came out in 2009, and the ones I tried required I have a credit card to get stuff, which means they will never get anything from me and I will always be relegated to the lower-end of free-to-play on those other games. And that's aside from gameplay issues... (apparently every game has angry and unhappy players and the ones I have tried all have bugs that annoy the player base, though I have not found any with the rubberbanding glitch that we see here).
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b:dirty
    Tex is only level 60 but loves wizards in squad.

On a side note if a sin wants to tank let him less repair for me.
    I just like being a sexy brute of a barb who rushes in when the damsel in distress needs me.
  • Rangergod - Raging Tide
    Rangergod - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hello, :)
    I have something that may or may not open your eyes to this game and other games.
    1. Very few games actually give the magers the best of the best. Melee is amazing to many game makers magic quite often a high hitter, down grades to weaker than the rest, which in this case are the meleers, and they find their resolve. Sure, if the game is magic based most likely the meleers will have the "shorter stick". I can't name some of the games, so I will hint on it. A resent game that lost its pvp and got it back, Magic was nice but it could be easly beaten. Now the have give stronger spells, pots, etc to make the magers "happy" again. Where as another game that is similar to vindicate hasnt even given their mage "the s***" yet. The actually made the game's only mager a meleer, if you choose the right weapon. This leads to my second token.
    2.Ever go to the auction house and see the cap level? I'm sure many will say,"Thats gonna happen ANY time soon". My point is: this game is over, even for the old classes. Level 138 may not seem like much, or possible, but when it happens I can bet you my bottom dollor that you will get new skills/spells. Possibly one for each FB to lvl 138...38 more levels=what 4 skills/spells? the have to think about animations, effects, damage, etc for 8 classes, after march. That's some hard work. and since quite often we get skills in pairs thats 64 different animations, "the works". thats what a new class, maybe two, in it self. OK thanks for reading if you read it. This was not meant to insult anyone.
    BYE :)
    "In case you can't do the math, as you stand there alone and consider fighting me, you'll be facing an army of over 30,000 hollows!" - Aaroniero Arruruerie, Novena Espada

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver
    ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Actually, no there isn't new skills past lev 105.
    The only extra's past 105 is gear.

The highest ranks are Grade 16 & 17.
    The only stuff better than G17 is actual GM Gear

I'm not gonna mention the server name. but i have max lev 150 of all original classes on a diff server.

The server isn't really worth playing on, the game is horribly broken with its xp,sp,drop ratio.
    "I am not kidding when i say you can hit 150 in a lil less than 4 hours","Don't waste your time"b:surrender

*** The version I am referring to did not have the "Age of Spirits " Expansion that brought us the genies that we love so much today b:chuckle
    If newer or higher lev skills where added with AoS Expansion or later, then there may be higher skills. "kinda doubt it though"

I think the original classes will become novelty items & there will be new classes made to replace all the original classes.

It makes sense when you think about it.
    When has there ever been anything done, that has changed or modified anything to do with the original classes?.... "excluding Fashion"
    Things are added, not much is changed seems to be the trend.
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So, question abou the seeker's DB "knockoff" skill. Do we know what the mana drain would be on it?

Since they have to stat for heavy armor, that can't leave them with much of a MP supply, or regen rate.
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    guys all u said about seeker s aoe replacing wizard s is WRONG cuz i guess it s physical domage first u don t know the dps second if u ever did a rebirth wizards ALWAYS take agro and NOT archers reason? i think it s cuz mobs in that cave for some reason HATE magic attaks so the class that s gonna disappear is Archers and NOT wizards (for gv)
    as for pvp balance a seeker is ha so like a bm only difference no mag morrow did u guys see ur domage on a bm w/o his shield ? it s hell so ..... mystics are ofc one shot like any other class only problem is balance are sins vs wizards and i m talking about stelathed sins they beat any wizzie and AD AND EXPEL won t save u cuz ad s 2 short and expel is just deplaying ur death
    main problem is pve so i think they should do something about it ....i hope they will

The mage keeps agro because there damage is never reduced. The archer when getting agro usually loses it because the mobs are in thier face.
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Dear PWI,

Please make end game instances have physical resist bosses. i.e. make the 1st or 2nd boss in NV be phy resist so mages/clerics/venos aren't useless. That goes with the rest of the game also. Also please give me a skill to hide, thanks!

BIGGYLUV
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Phys immune bosses doesn't require mages in squad, they'll just get a sage frostblade buff from someone and still out DPS us.
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    What is so special about sage vs demon frostblade? And i highly doubt anyone can out damage me with frost blade only....
  • TeraDisaster - Dreamweaver
    TeraDisaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    we should have mag resist increacing party buff
This discussion has been closed.