Saw a BM w/fighting pet

hunterb
hunterb Posts: 13 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I saw a BM today 2/17/11 on heavens tear w/a fighting pet....I haven't played in awhile so have things changed and how do i get a pet to fight if I'm not a veno?b:cute
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Not possible...^^

In fact you must have seen some BM with a non-battle all class pet ;/

Besides venomancers and mystics no other class has active battle pets.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Are you sure that wasn't a claw veno?b:chuckle

Fighting pets should still be veno restricted (until mystics come out anyway...).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Are you sure that wasn't a claw veno?b:chuckle

Fighting pets should still be veno restricted (until mystics come out anyway...).

Even after actually. Mystics won't use pets, but "spirits" (skill-based, not tame-based)

So either OP saw a venomancer with a fighting pet, a blademaster with a baby pet, or... a blademaster fighting alongside a venomancer's pet (and didn't notice the venomancer) XD
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeadlyHeart - Harshlands
    DeadlyHeart - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol i have seen HA venos using non mag weapons before so maybe that is what you saw....cuz not all venos have tails so i can see how someone could mistake a HA veno for a bm b:chuckle so yeah there are no all class fighting pets :)
    I am an altaholic lol:
    Im_an_AS.S - 100 rb1 sin
    (why does the forums not like my sin's name?)
    Kestralwing - 9x cleric
    ImaStolenCat - 9x Barb
    FruityCitrus - 100 rb1 Wiz
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    a HA deer veno with a non-mag weapon, if you overlook the horns, might be mistaken for a female BM, i guess. i've seen HA venos with axes before, even at pretty low levels; makes no sense to me, but that's how some roll.

seen a fist cleric, too. he at least switched to some mag weapon to heal as needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    a HA deer veno with a non-mag weapon, if you overlook the horns, might be mistaken for a female BM, i guess. i've seen HA venos with axes before, even at pretty low levels; makes no sense to me, but that's how some roll.

seen a fist cleric, too. he at least switched to some mag weapon to heal as needed.

he got to 7x to...which i was surprised at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    "seen a fist cleric, too. he at least switched to some mag weapon to heal as needed."
    he got to 7x to...which i was surprised at.

Wow...I would see that on a bh69 run, I wuold just tell him/her "Wanna go tank Nob while I keep us all healed up with a genie and lvl 10 Tai Chi ?" b:chuckle
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    veno in the air bm and pet on the ground? :b
  • hunterb
    hunterb Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I was in hidden orchid. w/the red centipedes...the bm was searching for mats the centipede attacked the foxwing attacked the centipede...i was so dumbfounded i forgot to do a screenshot but i clicked on him and he was definitely a bm...oh well.. maybe i'll run into him again...thx for reponse everyoneb:pleased
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If it was a Foxwing, that could easily mean the Venomancer controlling it was in the air.

Also, do you think you could've mistaken it for an all-class pet? There IS an all-class Baby Foxwing pet, but it cannot fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    _UnGodly_ - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I seen something similar, I was in Angler's the other day and seen a BM with what appeared to be a Nix with him too. He was standing alone on top of one of the shacks. Next time I see something like this I will take a screenshot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    one thing i haven't tried myself --- if you tell an air pet to stay in place (collar icon), will it stay at a specific altitude as well? because if so, i can see how this might've happened. veno near ground, air pet in stay-put and manual mode, veno takes off higher, uses the pet to attack whatever attacks her BM friend who's grinding at that spot.

i don't really see why she'd bother to lift out of sight herself, but people do odd things in game that i don't grok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    hunterb wrote: »
    I was in hidden orchid. w/the red centipedes...the bm was searching for mats the centipede attacked the foxwing attacked the centipede...i was so dumbfounded i forgot to do a screenshot but i clicked on him and he was definitely a bm...oh well.. maybe i'll run into him again...thx for reponse everyoneb:pleased

Then it was either a BM and Veno squadded with the veno was out of sight, or a Veno KSing the BM with the veno out of sight.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
    edited February 2011
    if you see that kind of thing again, click the mob not the player. then click the little "which player owns this pet" icon in the lower right of the mob's (pet's) status window, that'll target the appropriate player. if a non-veno pops up then, and the pet's still attacking... hax!
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You guys are missing the obvious. You know how in west arch after you log in, everybody appears to be bms? Well? I think what may have happened here is, the graphics didn't load properly, which means the OP thought he saw a BM, when, in fact, it was actually a veno. I would advise OP, the next time he sees this, run far back, out of sight of 'bm', run back, and I bet you 99/100 you'll see the icon is now a veno icon.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    LOL! Either BM was hacking or you have never seen all class pets... All class pets don't fight.

Or was it a veno with fists/claws/sword/spear/axe??? b:chuckle
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Was that BM's name Ash or Misty ? And did the BM throw a pokeball by any chance ? It COULD have been a Foxwingmon, I'm just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • LesBionic - Archosaur
    LesBionic - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Oh no! You are giving PWcn ideas!

"Next update, all classes can use pets for combat purposes. MOAR DPS FOR JOO!!!!"

Venos: "QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

lol