Lore?

Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I was browsing around recently, and on the Chinese website for Perfect World, there seems to be lore or background story of some sort. I remember a while ago, when the Tideborn expansion was about to release, someone translated part of the Tideborn story. But this seems to be about all kinds of various things from the history of the game, and I was wondering why our version doesn't have these and if anyone could translate said stories.

I hope it's not against any rules to post or ask such a thing, and believe that, if we could get translators, that this would deserve a sticky.

http://w2i.wanmei.com/newplayer/begin/20091027/36462.shtml
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Our version has it. Its called.. reading your quests instead of clicking through them as fast as possible. Pretty much one of the biggest differences between us and the Chinese version, is people have taken the time to compile it into a storyline of sorts. I'm pretty sure I remember stories for every race that you found out by reading your quests especially from level 1-19.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Our version has it. Its called.. reading your quests instead of clicking through them as fast as possible. Pretty much one of the biggest differences between us and the Chinese version, is people have taken the time to compile it into a storyline of sorts. I'm pretty sure I remember stories for every race that you found out by reading your quests especially from level 1-19.

who needs to do quests when you got scarlet fruit 10-40 oracles 40-60 bhs and cs 60-75
    a sin to solo your fcs 75+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2011

if i remember well, the 1-19 quest said that the untamed race was on the bringe of bein extinct,, lol this is treu , onely a few barb bro's leftb:surrenderb:laugh
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    if i remember well, the 1-19 quest said that the untamed race was on the bringe of bein extinct,, lol this is treu , onely a few barb bro's leftb:surrenderb:laugh

OMG, I know, thats so scary! Poor little untamed needs more barb babehs.

@CandyCorn: *blegh* -.-; I have multiple toons over 90, and I have done MOST of their quests, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Now they need to add in the tideborns and earthguards to the story and I'd be happy. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    the pwi (pwe?) youtube channel has the lure of Perfect World and the tideborns and I think they just resently added earthguards but the videos not as good as the chinese version. Its the same video but the chinese one has epic voice guy and the endlidh is just "epic" text... Other then that reading the quests also tells a story.
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011

I read all quests so far and have never boosted levels. Google translating this, I see things that have never been mentioned in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wait,you want me to translate all the text on that page or also those links and their contents.

The first page would be easy to do so but to do for all of them is gonna require a lot of time.
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Wait,you want me to translate all the text on that page or also those links and their contents.

The first page would be easy to do so but to do for all of them is gonna require a lot of time.

Preferably all the chapters that are linked on the page, or at least what you can. Much appreciated in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If you want to put it up on the PWI wiki, that'd be fine.

For example, you can find a translated version of the Twilight Temple Background Story there already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)