Weapon progression

Options
WalderBlue - Dreamweaver
WalderBlue - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Blademaster
For dual axe/hammer BMs, what weapons should they use each 10 levels or so?
I know that Calamity axes of blood are for level 70s, Calloused lionheart hatchets for the 90s, but what about lower levels?
Post edited by WalderBlue - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Use any weapons you can get. Getting mold ones is kind of pointless. Use quest rewards or even NPC weapons. If you have cash, look in AH for nice 3* ones. As soon as you reach 60 get the TT60 axes. Make them TT70 when you reach that level and keep a pair of calams at the same time.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Level 5-10 - Supply Stash hammers
    Level 10-20 - Best Npc weapon available.
    Level 20-40 - Supply Stash hammers
    Level 40-52 - NPC weapon/Xeno's Sledgehammer (leg)
    Level 52-60 - Raging Lion claws (quest reward)/Gale Dual Hammers (leg)
    Level 60-70 - Skeleton Axes (TT)

If you're multipath or decent dex you get all sorts of nice cheap effective options like:
    lv51+ Sound Chaser (pole)
    lv60+ Annihilator Of Souls (fist)

With the JJ blessing, if you aren't a serious PK'r or fussy about weapons, then pretty much anything will level you without a problem. For example you can easily use Gale Dual until 70, or the level 20 stash hammers as far as 50.

Legendary weapons are expensive but if you can pick up one a little cheaper, you can always quickly re-sell it for the same cheap price after, thus "borrowing" it for free.

Always browse the Auction each day. Sometimes you find really nice 2 or 3 star weapons with nice bonuses for a cheap price.
  • Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    Fist_Mama - Harshlands Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    10-20 quest reward
    20-27 supply stash axes
    27-47:3 star gold plated axes with sacrificial strike on em
    47-60-quest reward axes
    60-70-tt60 axes
    70-80-tt70 heraldry axes
    80-90 tt80 lion king axes
    90-99-beacon axes
    99-100-tt99 gold axes
    100-hopefully g15 axes with advance zerk

i traded my tt80 lion king axes for the tt80 crict axes and made the tt90 beacon axes.
    allso i had calamites for pking seeing as they had zerk on them they were +5 with 2 immac garnets they did decent damage.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    allso i had calamites for pking seeing as they had zerk on them they were +5 with 2 immac garnets they did decent damage.

I got +6 calamities with 2x immac garnets and I can still fight most LAs/AAs in TT90/nirvana/R8 gear (of course, +5 being the max refine on R8 wep...) which is kinda nice considering that my gears are below average.

Then again, I can't kill most of them if they are charmed and killing any 90+ charmed BM or barb would be hell...
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I got +6 calamities with 2x immac garnets and I can still fight most LAs/AAs in TT90/nirvana/R8 gear (of course, +5 being the max refine on R8 wep...) which is kinda nice considering that my gears are below average.

Then again, I can't kill most of them if they are charmed and killing any 90+ charmed BM or barb would be hell...

pray for a zerk crit eh? :p
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Calamaties -> GX -> Nirvana / R9 b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    pray for a zerk crit eh? :p

Zerk critting 6k on a level 100 archer with Aeolian is epic. b:chuckle

I still wish I had GX, especially when I see my friend Runt with his +8 ones QQ.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • mrkbbjj
    mrkbbjj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I just got my Calamity axe of blood last night,but had to redo my point system to get to use them,barely...Right now im right at 212str about 147dex and 76vit and 3mag(with equipment on now)...Im lvl 75 right now...
    Though I still prefer to use fists when I solo just seems im a bit more offensive with fists.