I think I love befuddling mist

Options
Vitenka - Dreamweaver
Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Venomancer
I have seriously underrated this skill.

I saged it, for no obvious reason other than it's a level89 book and the only remaining half decent one is blazing scarab.

And it really does have a noticable effect on the amount of healing I have to do, and tested with a BM and he noticed the difference too.

So. My previous advice to young veno's of "Max amp damage, and pick one other fox skill to max, since defox is on cooldown long enough" - the skill I advise is now befuddle.
Leech is still lovely, of course - but mist is much better than I thought.
Post edited by Vitenka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I do like befuddling mist myself.
    I have bought the demon version of it as well.
    I like the little speed decrease it does(demon) and the accuracy decrease. It has saved me a couple of times (in combination of demon leech) so yes I definitely recommend it too.
    It's pretty cheap to acquire anyway.

It can be useful for pets too (excluding the Hercules due to Strong that lowers evasion to 0).
    As for healing, I didn't really noticed that but I can imagine it does help. I should start using it on bosses more often like I used to.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's also AOE, so great for foxform AOE grind (along with malefic crush.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    it is AOE but its extremely short range, and it seems its only frontal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yeah, the fan AOE is more of a liability than a benefit usually, but I just spent an hour or so abusing it to lure in the next mob in a chain for my pet to feast on.

I'm seriously thinking about fetching up some evasion ornaments, just to see what would happen, now. Maybe even get blinding sand (I know it's not a perfect miss any more, but it's lots of misses still)

What happened to all those ancient threads saying that evasion was worthless? It's not matching my experience at all.
  • gelnd
    gelnd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

What happened to all those ancient threads saying that evasion was worthless? It's not matching my experience at all.

My understanding is that evasion (chance to not get hit by an attack) doesn't work so well, but accuracy (chance to hit enemy with an attack) does work. IIRC, befuddling mist decreases the enemy's accuracy - it doesn't increase your evasion. Thus, you aren't dodging more, the enemy is missing more.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Best use I've found is before and after Malefic Crush in RB.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm not even sage or demon yet, and I am a fan of this skill and always use it on bosses. It seems to help keep the barb's repair bill down, since his armor doesn't take quite as much abuse.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto