Nirvana/Manufacturing

Options
_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Assassin
This is a general thread, but I'm wondering (since I have yet to reach this area of gameplay)..

If I'm aiming for Nirvana daggers, Shadow Ashura Greaves, and eventually, after I get everything else, the Nirvana hat, do I need to have the manufacturing skills ON my sin?

Up to this point, I've been having my veno (BS/Tailor/Craft 7) make all the armor/gear for my sin. Can it stay this way for Nirvana? I know I'll have to level up my veno's skill to 8 first. I just want to know so that I can start leveling these skills on my sin, or not to.

Thank you in advanced for you answer!
b:thanks
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If you equip/bind equipment and can't account stash things over to your veno, then yes, you do need to up your crafting levels on your sin.

But, if you make the 99 legs/daggers and take them straight to nirvana without equipping them, then it's not needed. The 99 daggers suck anyway.

FWIW, I'm in the same boat and decided that levelling from 99 to 100 would be faster than relearning crafting on my sin.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If your Veno is on the same account as your Sin, then stick with the Veno as the manufacturer. Just use the Account Stash to transfer the gear [which you should already know]

If your Veno is on seperate accounts from your Sin, make sure the gear you are trying to manufacture is NOT bound yet.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ah, I see.

Yes, my veno is on the same account as my sin, and I have an account stash (helps in a lot of ways).

I'm planning to just use the rank equipment for legs and chest. Then Hook & Thorn until 100, then rank 8 daggers while I'm slowly farming for the Nirvana gear. So no bound gear will be worn.

Thank you very much for the info! It would cost a lot to get them up again..
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

If I'm aiming for Nirvana daggers, Shadow Ashura Greaves, and eventually, after I get everything else, the Nirvana hat, do I need to have the manufacturing skills ON my sin?

Not to change the subject but you might want to consider the lunar the lunar route to Nirvana as a Sin.

Compare for yourself b:thanks

Lunar Nirvana
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=82160ae92439be6b

TT Nirvana
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6402fdbb66e14369

And ya you can account stash bound items as long as they're on the same account through account stash, No clue why Mauntille is saying different
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If you equip/bind equipment and can't account stash things over to your veno, then yes, you do need to up your crafting levels on your sin.

Meaning they're on different accounts...not that you can't stash bound equipment.
    And ya you can account stash bound items as long as they're on the same account through account stash, No clue why Mauntille is saying different

Sorry for the ambiguity. My veno and sin are on different accounts; just speaking from my experience.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Not to change the subject but you might want to consider the lunar the lunar route to Nirvana as a Sin.

Compare for yourself b:thanks

Lunar Nirvana
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=82160ae92439be6b

TT Nirvana
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6402fdbb66e14369

Hi nishi b:dirty (I see you on wc quite often)

I never noticed the lunar before! They definitely look a lot better than Nirvana, but the obvious question I'm going to ask is: is it easier to go the lunar route than nirvana? What is the difference in how each is obtained?

I definitely have a lot of time before I decide to do anything since I got to get all of my other gear first, along with leveling up there.

Thanks again!b:thanks

Also to clear things up for me:

Can you, or can you not account stash bound items? I don't have any on me to test this, and don't really want to bind something to do test it. I mean like after you equip it and it says "Bound". Those items.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

I never noticed the lunar before! They definitely look a lot better than Nirvana, but the obvious question I'm going to ask is: is it easier to go the lunar route than nirvana? What is the difference in how each is obtained?

The two linked builds use two different sets of Nirvana, one made from Lunar, the other from TT.

The Lunar is a lot more expensive, as you need these to make them. Just the chip fees from the materials comes to almost 30 millions.

The good parts would be: you can use the lunar starting 95 and it doesn't bind.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Up to this point, I've been having my veno (BS/Tailor/Craft 7) make all the armor/gear for my sin. Can it stay this way for Nirvana? I know I'll have to level up my veno's skill to 8 first. I just want to know so that I can start leveling these skills on my sin, or not to.

Nirvana Lunar/TT armor or weapon is Tailor/Blacksmith lv6.
    TT99 armor or weapon Tailor/Blacksmith lv7
    TT100 weapons Blacksmith lv8

If you have the manufacture skills at your veno you don't need to level up again at your sin account.

TT90 gold is Bound once you gear it, if you just manufacture it you can trade or sell it. Even bound after geared it with the account stash with can share it with the other charas at same acoount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

I definitely have a lot of time before I decide to do anything since I got to get all of my other gear first, along with leveling up there.

Thanks again!b:thanks

Also to clear things up for me:

Can you, or can you not account stash bound items? I don't have any on me to test this, and don't really want to bind something to do test it. I mean like after you equip it and it says "Bound". Those items.

Run Lunar ONLY with friends and people you trust. split the entry fee 6 ways that's 500k each. DO NOT go into random squads that do random drops one person can walk away with a 8mil coin mat and you nothing. Why I suggest non random squad and random drops is you can sell the tinders and easily make your 500k fee back and continue to lunar. If you friends can't afford the fee off them a charm or something in return for their time, allowing you to keep the drops. During 2x you can easily get the mats you need for both the pants and helm in 2 to 3 runs. Run Lunar during during 2x, hopefully we get one next month b:thanks

As far as cost comparison goes, with the current cost of mats on RT for 99 gold and green mats on RT the pants alone set you at around 27 to 32mil coin and that's IF you can find the green mats. while lunar if much easier to farm then 3-3 b:surrender and the tinder's can be fairly cheap... its the bloody 7 Earth Essence's you need that are a pita to get

How the chain works for lunar to nirvana is as followed:

Lunar green
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/15970

Material Cost

Fragment Crystal:

the fragments to make the crystal are easily farmable in solo mode with a friend or two

Transparent Crystal:

Same as above

Aqua Essence 200 to 400k each

Flame Essence same as above

Earth Essence 500 to 750k each

Life Essence 200 to 300k each

Lunar Gold
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/15971

Material Cost

Unknown Tinder 3mil in AH on avg.

Sacred Mother's Aura 2.5 mil in catshops around forges

Chromatic Tinder 7 to 8 mil in AH

1st cast Lunar Nirvana
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25919

2nd cast Lunar Nirvana
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25691

and to answer your question about bound items being account stashable the answer is yes since your sin and Veno are on the same.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Oh wow thank you everyone!

Depending on my understanding after running both instances at least a few times and understanding how drops are, I'll decide on which path to take :D

More goals makes the game more fun :P
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Oh wow thank you everyone!

Depending on my understanding after running both instances at least a few times and understanding how drops are, I'll decide on which path to take :D

More goals makes the game more fun :P

tl;dr: As a sin you're going to want sockets. If you leave it up to chance, although the chance is low, it's definitely possible to end up with low sockets and you'll end up regretting it quite a bit.

If you go for TT, it's very easy to 4 socket the gear, then refine xfer it to nirvana.

If you're doing lunar, you could of course, if you had the money, farm lunar several times and make gear repeatedly until you get a 4 socket piece of gear, then refine xfer it.

Although I don't think it's worth it considering all the lunar/TT gold mats you'll go through. It is arguably better if you make a piece of lunar gear, then add a fourth socket to it with 8k socket stones, then refine xfer it.

If you're bend on going for lunar, anyway.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tl;dr: As a sin you're going to want sockets. If you leave it up to chance, although the chance is low, it's definitely possible to end up with low sockets and you'll end up regretting it quite a bit.

If you go for TT, it's very easy to 4 socket the gear, then refine xfer it to nirvana.

If you're doing lunar, you could of course, if you had the money, farm lunar several times and make gear repeatedly until you get a 4 socket piece of gear, then refine xfer it.

Although I don't think it's worth it considering all the lunar/TT gold mats you'll go through. It is arguably better if you make a piece of lunar gear, then add a fourth socket to it with 8k socket stones, then refine xfer it.

If you're bend on going for lunar, anyway.
    tl;dr. Karma's a [female dog], eh?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Oh, thank you for the heads up about the Lunar. I knew about the Nirvana socketing, but not so much about the lunar.

8k socket stones sounds painful..
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Oh, thank you for the heads up about the Lunar. I knew about the Nirvana socketing, but not so much about the lunar.

8k socket stones sounds painful..

Yes it is, ultimately that's why I chose to get TT-Nirvana for my sin although originally I was leaning towards Lunar. Refine xfer costs aren't cheap either, mind you. You'll end up needing 213 chienkun stones to fully transfer 4 sockets.

They are on a huge sale right now though, so you can get that for about 96 gold.

Still, 96 gold to guarantee 4 sockets.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    True, but I'm no where near getting that gear yet. I got to level first, and get the base TT mats to build up to that.

I'm pretty sure another chienkun stone sale will come out before I hit 99 (I have yet to get higher than 87 (my veno), but that'll change soon with sin, as I have more fun playing them)