someone wanna translate this for me?

LMAO I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing. b:chuckle
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Here's an idea. (I know it's been suggested countless times before, but i'll suggest it again)

Raise the Reward for Quest Exp! and Reputation reward for the regular quests!~

The bad thing about a company like PWE hosting PWI in several versions is that, the other translated and 'copy' versions get the patches later than the original, and no change can be made to that version without the permission of the original game.

Translating a Chinese game into English speaking/reading countries (That's where the majority of players are from I believe) is just fail.

(I was going to say North America but edited that part away since i'm well aware of many fellow UK players and other worldwide players)
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    FC actually does take an understanding of your character. My Psychic is 80, and she spends careful time minding her aggro, and making sure her AoE's kill things without killing herself. (Of course, it takes brains to actually play a Psychic.)

Frost is no more of an accomplishment than a BH. Any horrible player can succeed. It doesn't take a whole lot of skills or brains to finish a run. Just time.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sunked - Lost City
    Sunked - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You don't need to know what the reward is going to be to know quest rewards aren't Hyper-able. You can't hyper a crazy stone reward to get 4M exp. Simple logic.

what if quest reward IS 4 mil exp?
  • luxverde
    luxverde Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Dare to dream. lol
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I hate FCC. It's full of idiocy and nubs who really don't know how to play their characters. They blame everyone but themselves for their shortcomings.

Then I jump on a character that's lower level and do a BH... And find the same thing in low level instances, a tank wearing vendor garbage who won't listen, and can't hold aggro. Clerics who won't heal. I understand people are learning... But making it easy to get to level 100 without learning skills is just stupid. All of my characters have "oopsies" on them, skills I leveled that I shouldn't have, and you know what, I know that because I actually use them, and learned from my mistakes.

These idiots in FCC are the opposite. They see a skill fail to do what they wanted, so they spam it, thinking it will work or something. Or barbs who leveled all of their human skills trying to tank with no tank skills. Or even worse, tank in human form ("But it's better that way!" "I've got better human skills!" "You don't know what you're talking about!" "Shut up n00b!" "I know what I'm doing!" - Some of the replies I've seen to people telling the tank to use tiger form...)

I'm all for limiting BH's to just one boss per day, and nerfing the exp from it. Make that exp actually precious, a commodity, instead of something just handed out (um, like rep?), and maybe people will learn something instead of putting fail builds together and going through it anyway because the rest of the group wants the huge exp reward.

Then you wouldn't have to fix FCC, because by then, people would HAVE to know their characters and how to play.

And as a side note... I always see people mention 'watch my aggro' and go o.O "what's that mean?" I'm so used to instinctively letting the tank build aggro long enough that I can't pull it from them accidentally that I don't even think about it anymore. Or my poor fail LA veno that had so low damage output, I coudln't pull aggro if I tried. :( Which is why I'm going to restat to AA... And have to relearn that. XD

I 2nd this. It used to take skill when we zhenned :)
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Wylo - Raging Tide
    Wylo - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Frost is no more of an accomplishment than a BH. Any horrible player can succeed. It doesn't take a whole lot of skills or brains to finish a run. Just time.

You could say the same about Quests. Killing X amount of monsters and claiming your (rather low at high levels) rewards, anyone can do that, but why would they?

I know i would do the quests if they where actually worthwhile, but 45k exp for killing 80 or so mobs just doesn't seem to be worth much (well if you add the exp/sp u get from monsters it is more..but not much more).

So ide much rather go in an FC with my friends, have a good time and level....on my mystic...once ive learned how to play it.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I 2nd this. It used to take skill when we zhenned :)
    i used to do zhenning too

what do u call the pulls done on mobs in fcc? anti zhenning?

it doesnt take that much skill, idk where people seem to think endlessly grinding on the same mobs or pulling groups of mobs around and aoeing them is any different or more skillful than doing fcc..... it isnt

i also agree with the post above
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I like my Frost, okaaay? Its my only fun in game. Rumors suck and are just that, rumors. So can it, OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I like my Frost, okaaay? Its my only fun in game. Rumors suck and are just that, rumors. So can it, OP.

Really ? ONLY fun in the game ?b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • LeFEMME - Lost City
    LeFEMME - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wannmei BANNED (in PWBR servers ) use of Hyper on FCC!!
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Removal of FF is not an option at this point.

Too many people have gotten their characters to 100 and up using it, leveling would be ultimately pointless without it now. Saying you should "work hard" and whatever else is not the attitude to have.

It's like saying 5aps is horrible, and then not using it. Then complaining that no-one wants to run with you because you're a sword or pole BM that doesn't like DPS.

It's unfair to remove it because so many people have benefited from it, to randomly have it removed would leave the lower level people at a huge disadvantage.
  • AlmaMater - Dreamweaver
    AlmaMater - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I played PW-MY witht the old FC version and I quit when I was level 91 because levelling any further was simply sooooooooo boring and repetitious.

After a while I restarted playing in PWI and now that I am lvl92 I am still fully enjoying the game since it is not impossible to reach lvl100. So for me, without FC the game after lvl 90 makes no sense since grinding is idiotic given the exp per mob, quests are rare and give no relevant exp, so what would be left is to repeat BH's and other DQ over and over and over again.

So please keep FC in there!
  • LeFEMME - Lost City
    LeFEMME - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2011

It's unfair to remove it because so many people have benefited from it, to randomly have it removed would leave the lower level people at a huge disadvantage.

Yah, I agree, they remove n now new players are protesting cause they can't use!
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I was level 93 before BHs even existed, before frost was changed, before genies even. I would have been 100 before all of that but I didn't level on purpose. It doesn't take ages per level, you just need to not be lazy.
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I was level 93 before BHs even existed, before frost was changed, before genies even. I would have been 100 before all of that but I didn't level on purpose. It doesn't take ages per level, you just need to not be lazy.

Before Frost was made into an exp instance, the only way to level "fast" was to spam rebirth, which is what most of us did. 4 hours sitting there every single day, getting like 2-3% out of it.

In 4 hours you can get 4 frost runs done nowadays, earning yourself upwards of 60% exp if you're in the 90s.
  • Purge - Raging Tide
    Purge - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm not bothered if FCC gets removed/reverted or not - I find it incredibly boring (grab mobs, use BB/invoke/aoe (class depending), repeat, do boss...repeat...repeat...*yawn*) I can't understand how people enjoy doing it, but good for you if you do!

I'll just echo what a few people have already said in this thread..higher level (70/80+) regular quest rewards should be upped to make them worthwhile doing.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Instead of 'removing' FCC, PWE can just restore it to what it's original prupose: yet another instance to farm another set of gear. As it is, you cannot get most of the armor/ gear and the drops for them are fairly rare.

However, I'd expect to have a different instance for EXP. One OVS is not enough.

Before Frost was made into an exp instance, the only way to level "fast" was to spam rebirth, which is what most of us did. 4 hours sitting there every single day, getting like 2-3% out of it.

In 4 hours you can get 4 frost runs done nowadays, earning yourself upwards of 60% exp if you're in the 90s.

At least then pages dropped. It wasn't as hard/ costly to get your skills then as it is now. There was also OVS still, which a lot of people did instead of RB as well.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011

I never did rebirth other than for my chrono quests and I leveled just fine. I never did the fancy aoe grinding since I played a veno and no one wanted one, not that I cared. I was keeping up with everyone in the faction I was in, in terms of level, even ones that were trying to level fast.

I know what frost can do I ran it tons of times myself. I did it without hypers however.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i agree that fcc shouldnt ever be made an exp instance, too many players dont know how to play their classes, i was lv 99 before hypers were release and i dont remember many not skilled players before that, people were forced to learn play their classes because everyone had to spend more time in each lv, wich made people try new combination of skills and at higher lv the best way to get exp was rebirth and you need to be at least a bit skilled to do a full run

maybe devs could change fcc back and add a new rb lv wich could give like 5-10 mil exp?
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    yea cmon Rebirth omega 100+ 5m+ exp xD.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I stopped reading when I noticed you were only level 68, and therefore have never even BEEN in an FC run....

FC actually does take an understanding of your character. My Psychic is 80, and she spends careful time minding her aggro, and making sure her AoE's kill things without killing herself. (Of course, it takes brains to actually play a Psychic.)

Why on Earth would I want more people to KS my mobs? Let the idiots spam hyper FC's...they can all die when I'm finished farming my Rank 9 from the DQ points I got from those empty grinding spots! b:laugh

Barbs are gone because they've all rolled Assassins and Blademasters due to a severe addiction to 5APS and a lack of barb skills to counter it. Want to know where those barbs are? They're in Etherblade and Raging Tide. Pester noobs who aren't actually noobs, and I'm sure you'll find one eventually.

I stopped reading when i realised you were "only" level 18. You do know there is such a thing of other people having alts...not just you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    what if quest reward IS 4 mil exp?

I'm not arguing if it's more or less exp. I'm just objectively stating all quest rewards don't stack with hyper. And it's highly unlikely that it would be 4m. The highest quest reward atm is 1.2m from last wave in delta. Going with current mechanics and set up, it wouldn't make sense to exceed a squad reward like that.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm not bothered if FCC gets removed/reverted or not - I find it incredibly boring (grab mobs, use BB/invoke/aoe (class depending), repeat, do boss...repeat...repeat...*yawn*) I can't understand how people enjoy doing it, but good for you if you do!

I'll just echo what a few people have already said in this thread..higher level (70/80+) regular quest rewards should be upped to make them worthwhile doing.

Try not doing it the same way every time! Try new exciting things with it. Have people pull that don't normally pull. The fun is all in what you make it. Not one holds a gun to your head and says you HAVE to do it in a certain way. Get a group of friends together with intent play around. You never know you may find some fun in it.

How is it any different then going out and grinding or Zhenning? Everything is the same repetitive motion. Doesn't matter what you do.

@ my Previous comment: Its not my ONLY fun, but it is fun. >.>! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The company will not remove it as high level noobs = profit. Or even high level alts.... people leveling their alts is another potential profit for them.... different gear blah blah blah. So yeah do not expect it to go anywhere as it would make no sense from a profit perspective... the slower they level the more time it takes before they decide to spend real money on gear.
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Aside from the different wings, your Guild Base also has an area dedicated to raising monsters! You'll be able to get special quests to kill these beasts for tons of EXP and Spirit!

thisb:dirty
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I just want FCC to drop mats... The gear would be nice for some of my alts, and I could actually run the instance and not hope to get a gear drop from a boss, but be able to get guaranteed mats. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I dont want to spend another year lvling each of my alts like I had to on my barb. I've been in old FCC, old FCC was a pain in the *** and totaly not worth it. At 68 you havent gotten your first fcc quest much less even been in an fcc so quit the QQ. Besides that clerics and barbs are just hard to find, its not just for you and bh its all around, even fcc could take hours to find a cleric& barb they are just rare these days
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I stopped reading when i realised you were "only" level 18. You do know there is such a thing of other people having alts...not just you?

I stopped reading when I realised you were only 51, no real reason just wanted to keep the "I stopped when" chain going.
  • Serrinity - Sanctuary
    Serrinity - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I vote to NOT remove it

1) There's already to many lvl100
    2) I dont want to spend 24h 7 days on 7 during 1 year to reach the lvl 100 again
    3) lol, they wont do that
    Loads of players have already frosted their chars to 103-105. They also frosted several alts to 100+. I mean i have frosted about 4 chars to 100+ by now lol.

Removing this option now would be very unfair to newer players. They would never be able to catch up in levels.

If PWI decides to remove Frost they better have another instance ready to replace it.

+1 to both.
    Leader of EdensStar