So how is the new TW reset gonna affect lost city?

LovesTragedy - Lost City
LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Twilight Temple (West)
Simple question. Do you guys think that anything is going to change this time around? Will Essence lose some bandwagoners and have a harder time this time around? Or will this be the same old song and dance?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chars:
CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
Post edited by LovesTragedy - Lost City on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    One guild will eventually dominate, that's inevitable. For me, it just means I'll have to make a fugly multi-colored patch quilt again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    One things for sure, I look forward to the possibility of the weekly map updates lol.

But yeah, theres no denying one guild will rule the map in the end. But its the path that I am wondering about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    One things for sure, I look forward to the possibility of the weekly map updates lol.

But yeah, theres no denying one guild will rule the map in the end. But its the path that I am wondering about.

One will rule, but who rules will be dependent on:

A) If essence splits
    B) If well-geared characters reband into a single guild capable of taking them on.
    C) How much rank 8/9 +10-+12 is pumped into lost cities population between now and march 2nd.
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm so excited about this! Since i can't be in essence or kami i can finally tw again! b:thanks
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Would be nice if there were enough OP people willing to try and keep tw fun that the best guild changes each week.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    One guild will eventually dominate, that's inevitable. For me, it just means I'll have to make a fugly multi-colored patch quilt again.

HAW HAW
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It will be nice to have money involved again. Should see some change in TWs. Also I doubt there will be a dominating faction anytime soon after the change. 102 R9 mage looking for competitive guild.
  • Arania - Lost City
    Arania - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This gives us approximately six months of fun territory wars again. Guess it all comes down to where the good players go; if they stick together or go their separate ways.

I think GM's foiled Elayne's plan of rubbing his epeen in everyone's faces once they owned the map <: Sorry, Elayne!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverMinx - Lost City
    SilverMinx - Lost City Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I predict there will be one land holding guild, eventually. BUT in the meantime there will be some fun times :)

I am looking forward to experiencing an NPC TW, never seen one b4 hehe

@Arania - your bad - love it LOL

P.S. WTG PWI, I am looking forward to the new expansion and the new changes :)
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This gives us approximately six months of fun territory wars again. Guess it all comes down to where the good players go; if they stick together or go their separate ways.

I think GM's foiled Elayne's plan of rubbing his epeen in everyone's faces once they owned the map <: Sorry, Elayne!

I think people will leave their guild and form smaller ones to get a piece of the pie. Same happened with CQ disbanded. Eventually they all returned "home" after their land was taken.

Elayne still has a chance to do it since map reset is a few weeks off. Imagine the rage if he were not able to take the map before server reset. How high will he bid on those lands so all of Essence can circle jerk while looking at a yellow map?

OMG it would be epic.
    Here we go again....
  • Arania - Lost City
    Arania - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Elayne still has a chance to do it since map reset is a few weeks off. Imagine the rage if he were not able to take the map before server reset. How high will he bid on those lands so all of Essence can circle jerk while looking at a yellow map?

OMG it would be epic.

^ This!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Lets all stay home on saturday nights and TW!!!!!!!

!@#$ the party and go to Friday night TW.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    TW is the party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • QueenHera - Lost City
    QueenHera - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I agree. b:pleased
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b:cry i got this feeeling tat im gonna get kiked off ThaClicK soon becos i never attend TW becos i dont want my kill/death ratio to go down becos i know alot of ppl hate me n will gank me. b:cry b:cry
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i dont want my kill/death ratio to go down becos i know alot of ppl hate me n will gank me. b:cry

Use Stealth and grow a pair?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It means I'll be back despite massive disc priest buffs. b:shocked
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    b:cry i got this feeeling tat im gonna get kiked off ThaClicK soon becos i never attend TW becos i dont want my kill/death ratio to go down becos i know alot of ppl hate me n will gank me. b:cry b:cry

And sins are not that good in TW.....cant hide very well/etc. Also cant just sneak on someone and stun lock like in open PVP. That is the reason you dont TW because you are useless!
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    does ninjas go to war? nope, they assassinates, they do one man missions n get the job done. they dont fight wars.

ninja assassins, naruto n ninja gaiden r all bullcr@p depicting ninjas inaccurately.
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    God how many times do we need to go over this? You are not a ninja. Just because you can stealth doesnt make you a ninja. It only makes you evasive, that is all. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What confuses me more is what whether being a ninja or assassin has to do with game balance b:surrender Sins can be useful in tw, they can take out high risk arcanes quickly like cata clerics and +12 r9 mages, biggy b:thanks But if your kill death ratio is more important to you than your faction then you should be kicked out. How many kills do you think i was taking in when i was in essence lol? 0 because i had to stop zerhee from suiciding all the time x.x
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    idk if i am just too pessimistic but shouldn't the title of the thread be:

how is the tw reset gonna affect charging zen on lost city

1. people will think they can actually win a territory
    2. yay tw payment is back!
    3. they will want to improve their gear
    4. *charges zen* whuuuuuuuuuuuuut? got a problem with that?
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    And sins are not that good in TW.....cant hide very well/etc. Also cant just sneak on someone and stun lock like in open PVP. That is the reason you dont TW because you are useless!

Real reason they don't do well is because Essence has the highest leveled sins on the server.

Stealth doesn't work when others can see you!
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2011

ehh idk lol dont know how tw is on LC but sins are always tryin to pop out of stun and get me lol 90% fail though which leaves us all with a laugh XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Real reason they don't do well is because Essence has the highest leveled sins on the server.

so stop trolling west gate you 100 baddy and go level? Oh wait that would actually take focus and patience, something most children lack. I understand.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Running FC day in and day out does take patience and focus. Thank god it doesn't require keeping your priorities straight or no one would reach 105!
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited February 2011

awesome, someone understands me, tho i didnt wanna admit it. b:surrender
  • Gratz - Lost City
    Gratz - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i doubt ess will disband
    they already prepare to get a guild base
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    does ninjas go to war? nope, they assassinates, they do one man missions n get the job done. they dont fight wars.

ninja assassins, naruto n ninja gaiden r all bullcr@p depicting ninjas inaccurately.

Olden assassins started around the First Crusade. Ninjas were feudal Japan. Assassins mainly took contracts (hey 1v1), even killing people in public (non-stealth) as a way of making a message. Ninjas mainly focused in espionage or sabotage (and sometimes assassination).

In a TW, I'd say it's more of an assassin role. Ninjas are supposed to be covert. Of course, in general PvP, neither really harmed civilians, only targets assigned for a purpose (so RPK kinda kills the whole role if you really want to go that far; that makes you more a mercenary).

You can think about it in this way as well.

Assassins: Assassin's Creed - You can run around, cause turmoil, and all you get is a few people chasing you (sound familiar?).
    Ninjas: Tenchu - Your main purpose is to be stealthy and kill enemies up to your target covertly. If you are seen, you lose severe points on score.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2011

ohaider. imaninjarite?