question about blademaster weapons

ShadowPsyEX - Harshlands
ShadowPsyEX - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Blademaster
which weapon type is the very best for blademasters??
Post edited by ShadowPsyEX - Harshlands on

Comments

• starith
    starith Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    which weapon type is the very best for blademasters??

Fists. Why ? 'cuz you can do 5 atks per second (aka 5.0aps) so therefore: Do instances; tank; hold aggro; DD; area stun (regardless the weapon); overpopulate the game; make other classes useless... These basic stuff.
  • ShadowPsyEX - Harshlands
    ShadowPsyEX - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    does aps mean anything in the low levels??
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Read the stickies.

Best weapon? 1 Weapon BM? **** that.

A really good BM masters all the 4 weapons. Just make sure to have enough points so you can wear latest Axes and Fists. If you do that, you will be able to use any weapon. You will probably never really need Sword or pole, as the weapons really depend on the situation. Though you need Axes and Fists. Axes for AoE attacks and Heaven's Flame, Fists for single target DPS and spell cancelling.

In general I'd say go for 2 DEX 3 STR every level.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited February 2011

No, don't worry about that until you are 90+.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • budi66
    budi66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wtf is very best? b:puzzled
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    budi66 wrote: »
    wtf is very best? b:puzzled

See, there's "the best", the "kinda best", the "almost best" and then "very best".
  • Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    Fist_Mama - Harshlands Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    all weapons are great for bms except sword(this is what people say i have tt90 zerk sword and it does some ok dmg i guess)
  • XxxClarkxxX - Harshlands
    XxxClarkxxX - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    There is a tremendous problematic with respect to weapons that a bm can be used, although there are 4 types of weapons for bm, something that many here do not know which one to use, as axes, fist, sword or pike, although is indeed a bm with fist is very good, either to get materials for armor, among others, and is good in pvp, and that is only used for bumps, very little skills, but now here comes another problem, and know which is better, a fist or a claw, the claw is said are for the barbarian, and the fist for bm ...

Someone could give some response, good response, as there is much confusion about this, just as with the distribution of points for the various arms ...!!b:surrender
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Someone could give some response, good response, as there is much confusion about this, just as with the distribution of points for the various arms ...!!b:surrender

Good response about distribution of points for various weapons? Why? Even if I did write it out here, you probably won't be able to read it either. They are all laid out in detail in Lyndura's BM guide. If you can't read and understand that, what's the point of me or anyone else re-list them here?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    There is a tremendous problematic with respect to weapons that a bm can be used, although there are 4 types of weapons for bm, something that many here do not know which one to use, as axes, fist, sword or pike, although is indeed a bm with fist is very good, either to get materials for armor, among others, and is good in pvp, and that is only used for bumps, very little skills, but now here comes another problem, and know which is better, a fist or a claw, the claw is said are for the barbarian, and the fist for bm ...

I put this through google translator and my computer exploded. Had to borrow a friends to post.

3str/2dex. Use all weapons. Fists are best 1 v 1 and for tanking. Axes are best aoes. Swords and Poles fall somewhere in between and have their less popular situational uses. This post went a week untouched and wasn't allowed to die and is now at the top of the bm forum with another "which weapon path" thread and right below a guide explaining this.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    I put this through google translator and my computer exploded. Had to borrow a friends to post.

3str/2dex. Use all weapons. Fists are best 1 v 1 and for tanking. Axes are best aoes. Swords and Poles fall somewhere in between and have their less popular situational uses. This post went a week untouched and wasn't allowed to die and is now at the top of the bm forum with another "which weapon path" thread and right below a guide explaining this.

Didn't you post something like that here? Why bother repeating yourself? Just put it in your sig already or ignore these people who can't see the "_____ Blademaster Guide" on the top of this page.
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    As other have said, ALL weapons can each be very useful for different situations. It's just in the current trend of things, Fists/Claws have had a sharp rise in popularity, and Axes/Hammers are usually now considered "secondary weapons",

I think that the "All Weapons are Useful" thing is more for PvP,
    I may not be on a PvP Server, but "Sliverberg" is imo, one, if not THE best PKing BM on the server. He uses all his weapons fantastically, not just the same old Occult -> APS to Death macro most BM's have (And, against any decent PK'er, has a high chance to fail with,)

So really, in PvE, only things you really need to worry about are Axes and Fists, I suppose Polearms could be useful (Against Running Mobs, Perhaps?) and Swords will probably get used the least (At least they look cool!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011

I think that the "All Weapons are Useful" thing is more for PvP,
    I may not be on a PvP Server, but "Sliverberg" is imo, one, if not THE best PKing BM on the server. He uses all his weapons fantastically, not just the same old Occult -> APS to Death macro most BM's have (And, against any decent PK'er, has a high chance to fail with,)

Best PKing BM on a PvE server doesn't really say much. I'm not just saying that as an arrogant PvP server player saying "PvE sucks". I was a PKing BM on a PvE server.

Enlighten us what he uses his sword for in PvP.
  • thisdaniel
    thisdaniel Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What lvl should you start using fists as a bm? Are claws better than fists?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    IMO, get and use the two that best suit your play style in the early levels. Once you hit the lower 40's, mid 50's, start the trees for those two weapons.

Once you're towards endgame, you can fill in the other two trees as you see fit.

IF you decide to go with fists, I would suggest you get a bow as well. Use it to pull mobs... I use it so I can choose where to fight. If there's a mob standing in the wander path of two other mobs, I stand in a spot where the other two mobs won't wander two, and shoot it. Then, I dish out the pain to the single mob. Very useful if you don't have any AOE's handy, or chose to go (gulp) fist/Sword.

Personally, I went with Axe, Pole, sword, fist, bow. I've got two sets of axes, a pole (no skills though), two swords, fists, and a bow. My fists have higher mastery and skills leveled higher; in instances I build sparks faster to do HF, then I use skills to bump my APS if there is no RB (which bumps me to 2.0 aps).

Fists and axes are pretty good match, fists make chi fast, axes use chi fast (HF uses 2 sparks). At 1.83 aps, I generate 2 sparks in exactly the same amount of time as it takes HF to cool down. Axes are useful for AOE.

Fists can be very nice in limiting bosses from AOEing your party; I've saved a poorly geared cleric a few times by canceling AOE once or twice and letting BB catch up in an instance run.

So, it's all about learning the skills, and using the right skills at the right time.

My last suggestion would be to get a cheap LA set for level 50-60; There are some quests for mobs that only do magic damage and LA + Marrow magical is pretty epic against those. Plus if you bump into a physical mob, and you have a magic mob on you at the same time, you can let marrow wear off and you can take the damage pretty well from both, as opposed to HA + Marrow Magical, which makes the physical hurt a little too much, or no marrow + magic damage that stacks, which hurts worse. =\
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Best PKing BM on a PvE server doesn't really say much. I'm not just saying that as an arrogant PvP server player saying "PvE sucks". I was a PKing BM on a PvE server.

Enlighten us what he uses his sword for in PvP.

Haha, Maybe Not, but you can measure somebody's skill by comparing said persons skill to other peoples skill on the server, and so for My Server, he would be classed as excellent. Perhaps on a PvP server..Maybe Classed as Good. But I really don't know haha

As for the Swords Thing..Obviously Swords are rarely used, and I cannot recall an exact instance where Swords were Used, but doesn't the Skill, "Spirit Chaser" look a bit Useful? Obviously on a BM, you'd want to be as close as possibly to your target, but "Spirit Chaser" Out-Ranges and Massively Out-Damages "Drake's Ray", which is sort of used a bit, along with "Farstrike" for Catching Enemies (Haha, Yes, Farstrike out Ranges and DD's Spirit Chaser, but Chaining them will allow...Semi-Decent Damage on a Running Target.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Better APS built with use of minus interval gear used together, which are costly and above all they are available at higher levels.

At lower levels i don't suppose you can have much APS other than the base of a normal fist/claw because there are no armor that has minus interval for lower levels as far as I know.

Use an axe/hammer for lower level PvE, you can find some good legendary axes with decent stats from level 22 onward. Add some vit in to the base, just so that you can deal good damage with axes and have a decent survivability option.

Fist/Claw are good for the higher levels because they has the highest APS and easy to take down bosses fast in different dungeons. Squads usually ask for APS DD's at high levels.

So use axe/fist combo, the most common BM's use in game now!~
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
  • Konojin - Harshlands
    Konojin - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    not everyone is 90+ i think a lot of players want to know some of the facts before they start a certain class so they ask. not everyone lurks in the threads on a daily basis. everyone is different ingame and the forums. its what it is for. i think its funnny how people answer the "over asked questions" and then complain. its a thread, if people got better topics post them up.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    not everyone is 90+ i think a lot of players want to know some of the facts before they start a certain class so they ask. not everyone lurks in the threads on a daily basis. everyone is different ingame and the forums. its what it is for. i think its funnny how people answer the "over asked questions" and then complain. its a thread, if people got better topics post them up.

A lot of high levels in this forum tend to post on a low level alternate. So it would make them look less stupid to post on an alt. Also because that there are the GUIDES that are sticked to the first page. That's pretty much why people don't care about newbies.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Haha, Maybe Not, but you can measure somebody's skill by comparing said persons skill to other peoples skill on the server, and so for My Server, he would be classed as excellent. Perhaps on a PvP server..Maybe Classed as Good. But I really don't know haha

As for the Swords Thing..Obviously Swords are rarely used, and I cannot recall an exact instance where Swords were Used, but doesn't the Skill, "Spirit Chaser" look a bit Useful? Obviously on a BM, you'd want to be as close as possibly to your target, but "Spirit Chaser" Out-Ranges and Massively Out-Damages "Drake's Ray", which is sort of used a bit, along with "Farstrike" for Catching Enemies (Haha, Yes, Farstrike out Ranges and DD's Spirit Chaser, but Chaining them will allow...Semi-Decent Damage on a Running Target.

Swords are useless. Also best bm that ever lived is ICESmoke. His combo of glacial spike + true emptiness makes everyone even barbs cry. I heard is tha best can't wait to try it.
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Swords are useless. Also best bm that ever lived is ICESmoke. His combo of glacial spike + true emptiness makes everyone even barbs cry. I heard is tha best can't wait to try it.

uhhhhh unless you mean Demon Glacial Spike, ya it would be nice. Dont know whats stronger if its HFd instead of GS.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...