A 5AP.... Solution.

Options
Hunnybunney - Harshlands
Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I know theres a million thread about 5APS, so **** off before you troll me for it.

It wont solve the issues completely, but if you have ever been to a wedding banquet thingy and fought the boss, what happens? You miss. A lot. Like, absolutely loads.

So my simple suggestion is Make the bosses evasion skyrocket. If they can make the wedding boss so hard to hit, why cant they do it to all the other bosses? As far as I know, missing doesnt affect the chi gain, so 5APS perma spark stays permasparked and the DD is dropped significantly.

PEopel will QQ that its unfair to 5APS, but it isnt. Itl be a pro and a con. Providing you hit, your DD is epic. Whereas mages might DD less, they ALWAYS hit.

I doubt it would change Nirvana too much, but it could have an effect on "non5APS DD sux" overall.

Feel free to leave htoughts and comments, just thought id drop in the one "cure" for 5APS OPness I htink would be fairly reasonable.
Post edited by Hunnybunney - Harshlands on

Comments

• phenixmoon
    phenixmoon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What about PvP, you give evasion to mage classes to survive vs 5aps assassin? xD
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    phenixmoon wrote: »
    What about PvP, you give evasion to mage classes to survive vs 5aps assassin? xD

Im more conerned with PVE 5APS than PvP.

PVP with a Sin is instadeath at 2 APS unless your well geared, so its another matter, and BMs have to get close, which gives them an obvious difficulty.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I know theres a million thread about 5APS, so **** off before you troll me for it.

It wont solve the issues completely, but if you have ever been to a wedding banquet thingy and fought the boss, what happens? You miss. A lot. Like, absolutely loads.

So my simple suggestion is Make the bosses evasion skyrocket. If they can make the wedding boss so hard to hit, why cant they do it to all the other bosses? As far as I know, missing doesnt affect the chi gain, so 5APS perma spark stays permasparked and the DD is dropped significantly.

PEopel will QQ that its unfair to 5APS, but it isnt. Itl be a pro and a con. Providing you hit, your DD is epic. Whereas mages might DD less, they ALWAYS hit.

I doubt it would change Nirvana too much, but it could have an effect on "non5APS DD sux" overall.

Feel free to leave htoughts and comments, just thought id drop in the one "cure" for 5APS OPness I htink would be fairly reasonable.

So now non-APS DDs (that aren't casters) will kill even slower, making 5 aps even more vital for instance running.

Easiest way to balance aps for PVE: decrease [?] boss damage reduction for skills, but leave it the same for auto-attacking. Skills do more damage while auto-attacking does not.
  • Hl/ - Harshlands25
    Hl/ - Harshlands25 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Genius.
    It would finally give casters a chance to get squads, while also SERIOUSLY nurfing the OP of Assassins and BM's with Bloodpaint soloing an entire frost run... =.=
    This wouldn't help barbs much, because some of them have worse DEX than the BM's....and they're scarce enough as it is already.

This solution still doesn't help with PvP much...it WOULD rescue the economy from going to **** due to APS sins going around and dumping TT mats for annoyingly high prices...but the PvP is broken.
    Me? I can only assume that fix is coming for Assassins March 2nd. Aps BMs? Well, we're still working on that.... >.>;

Oh, and....

IN BEFORE THE TROLLS ARRIVE TO QQ ABOUT HOW APS ISN'T OP/QQ ABOUT YOU QQING ABOUT SOMETHING WORTH QQING OVER. b:surrender
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Genius.
    It would finally give casters a chance to get squads, while also SERIOUSLY nurfing the OP of Assassins and BM's with Bloodpaint soloing an entire frost run... =.=
    This wouldn't help barbs much, because some of them have worse DEX than the BM's....and they're scarce enough as it is already.
    Only you've now completely nerfed non-APS BMs/Sins/Barbs, meaning that high APS becomes the only solution for those classes, and you've also guaranteed that Bow Archers become extinct.

This solution still doesn't help with PvP much...it WOULD rescue the economy from going to **** due to APS sins going around and dumping TT mats for annoyingly high prices...but the PvP is broken.
    Grade school economics: higher supply = lower prices, lower supply = higher prices. I don't see how Sins injecting more mats into circulation makes prices higher...

Responses in red.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Responses in red.

Il hand it to ya, you made some good points.

/thread, Evasion would work....... But not as well as anyne would like methinks :(

b:cry And I thought id had a worthwhile idea
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You have proposed a TECHNICAL solution to the APS problem.

This will fail because It will harm all melee classes, not just APS.

Thank you for playing, please try again.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Genius.

Me? I can only assume that fix is coming for Assassins March 2nd. Aps BMs? Well, we're still working on that.... >.>;

Oh, and....

IN BEFORE THE TROLLS ARRIVE TO QQ ABOUT HOW APS ISN'T OP/QQ ABOUT YOU QQING ABOUT SOMETHING WORTH QQING OVER. b:surrender
    Wow you must not know even the slightest thing about economics judging from your post.

5 aps sin farming tons of TT mats is raising their value.

lolwut?

Plus, this idea makes any melee class obsolete without 5 aps, GG barbs, BMs, etc. And every archer will have to have claws.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You have proposed a TECHNICAL solution to the APS problem.

This will fail because It will harm all melee classes, not just APS.

Thank you for playing, please try again.

Fu.ck you.

At least I was pleasent about it.
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That would make fox melee venos disappear lol
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The problem with this is a bug, that most people probably never thinks about, let alone know about.

It's "called" 100% accuracy in PvE as a melee class.

They bring a cleric, 1 Dimensional Seal (If that's the def reduction) and all melee attacks hit 100%.

You could do it with Devour or any other defense debuff, but I can only think of 2 and those are Devour and Dimensional Seal. And Devour has a risk to miss.

And I have proof of it working. Take a low dex class, debuff a boss during next BH, go melee-madness on it. Watch the rows of damage.

So unless they fix that bug this won't work.

Edit: There's Ironwood Scarab, too.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    how about a simple formula where as your aps increases, your accuracy decreases.

i mean think about it, the faster you throw knives, the more reckless they are, and you'd miss more often.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    how about a simple formula where as your aps increases, your accuracy decreases.

i mean think about it, the faster you throw knives, the more reckless they are, and you'd miss more often.

Apart from the whole accuracy/evasion doesn't really work right thing... that technical solution might actually work.
    If has the twin advantages of being targetted to precisely the problem, and tunable - aps could be made precisely as powerful or as weak as the devs desired.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Very nice idea, if implemented properly
    Packs World International
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

I second this idea, at least the low and average aps users, won't get screwed in the mix.
    Heck.. if that actually happens.. ppl might begin to throw some amber shards in their sockets. b:lipcurl
    edited February 2011
    Options

Now THAT is a good idea. b:thanks

Would make good sense, and people wouldnt complain too much.

Ok, theyd complain, but theyd probably be in the minority.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That would make the Misty Forest rings essential to any APS class, wouldn't it ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Why would you make another thread instead of posting there b:puzzled

2 misty forest rings = solution gone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Why would you make another thread instead of posting there b:puzzled

I use a misty. It pushes my sins accuracy on the mobs she grinds on from 95 to 96%. Another one wont make much difference either.

And I make another thread because the idea would simply be lost in the mess elsewhere.

Misty Forest rings would not ruin the solution, far from it.
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Improving half of what's alot is certainly alot, but half of what's little is still little.
    Given, that the accuracy nerf is substantial at 5aps.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The only results I see from that:

- Barbs can't hold agro at all. Flesh ream does have 100% acc, autohits don't. They being slow hitting, with bad % of hit chance, would not be enough to hold agro.

- All melee classes would become useless for PvE, except the 5 APS ones.

- Magic classes would die over and over again due to the 5 APS classes / Barb can't hold agro thingie.

- Miss skills like HF, Shadowless kick, STA and more of those vital skills would result in longer kill times / possible squad wipes (timed boss, MSS miss).
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    just force people to do it the old way:

barb tanks
    clerics heals
    dd try not to get aggro

problem solved!
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    a 5 aps claw archer/sin costs less than a herc go make one

why are you people still makeing these threads?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • AellaAsteria - Archosaur
    AellaAsteria - Archosaur Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Better idea, why not make all caster classes just automatically hit with their hardest hitting skills, and also with no cooldown or casting/channeling time.

Or, could always just make it so that all caster classes get a free reset scroll upon reaching 100, as well as a bunch of gear to make them 5 APS with tons of accuracy.

5 APS Psychics are on the way!!
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

quoted for being fail
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

I`d like to see you get 5 aps for 80m
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Deicide - 60m
    69 trophy cape - Free with the help of 2 friends.
    0.05 int armor - Free
    2 pieces of TT99 - 30.
    2 more pieces of TT 99 - 30m

120m to get 5 APS on an archer/claw-sin. The person isn't all that far off in terms of how easily 5 APS is obtained :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Korrok - Harshlands
    Korrok - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Deicide - 60m
    69 trophy cape - Free with the help of 2 friends.
    0.05 int armor - Free
    2 pieces of TT99 - 30.
    2 more pieces of TT 99 - 30m

120m to get 5 APS on an archer/claw-sin. The person isn't all that far off in terms of how easily 5 APS is obtained :p

This.

Also, who the hell said a Herc is only 80 mil? Unless you buy it on sale it's something like 200 bucks. Gold hasn't been at 400k in over 6 months now, so idk what you're smoking.

Without a pet pack sale, 5 APS is the new Herc/Nix. Except better cause it can be used in PvE or PvP.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    He posted also free int items hence why are you surprised herc is around 80 when pet packs go on sale, i got my tt junk for 50 m both items unless you farm of course, in addition why a sin would go claws/fists in the 1st place, for archers it`s understandable but a sin ffs.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Then you'd start seeing everyone wearing misty forest rings again, and possibly other +accuracy boosting items. OHT forges in particular likes adding accuracy and evasion bonuses on it's gears, a lot.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die