QQ about cleric

Icy_chi - Harshlands
Icy_chi - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Cleric
You know I just thought, what would be awesome for clerics. b:surrender

We're sick of holy pathing after barbs in fc to heal and bb? Tired of having to kill mobs ro rez?

D< I wish some times clerics had a speed boost that kept up with a barb and that they could stealth to get to rezing without being killed D:

It would be cool right? XD

Let's keep this thread going with what else might be neat to have? b:chuckle
Post edited by Icy_chi - Harshlands on

Comments

• Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Meh, too many people would whine about the stealth thing I know, but I'd love it if clerics got a speed skill. The only way I can keep up is with holy path, while everyone else has a skill. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Oh how I hated certain parts of FF, where I'd need to holy path twice just to keep up with the barb and then not be able to use absolute domain while BB was going up. :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • HellsNoir - Sanctuary
    HellsNoir - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Speed would be good. Im tired of being so sloooow lol. Stealth...eh not too sure about that one tbh. I say leave that to the sins for now.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    they should learn to wait for the slower classes , that happens in BHs and TT as well.
    A reason im going to take Guardian Light as well as Wings of Protection at lvl 79 is just this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Kahurangi - Sanctuary
    Kahurangi - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Or... could do with a skill like genie expel that works on multiple friendly targets so everyone can't move while you buff them (with a loooong range) b:laugh j/k
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    G Light isn't really efficient as a method of keeping up - cooldown is waaaaay too long.
    Holy Path and speed pots are your best bet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @OP - Barbs aren't the smartest of the classes...you may need to let them die to help in the learning process.
  • HellsNoir - Sanctuary
    HellsNoir - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @OP - Barbs aren't the smartest of the classes...you may need to let them die to help in the learning process.

Lol...sad to say this but its true at times. I dont have problem with those in my faction but others...yeah kinda just let em die if they cant wait lol b:sweats
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Clerics are slow since they have ranged attacks. Meele have speed buffs, otherwise it would be too overpowerd. But HELL YEAH im dreaming of a Cleric on Speed :)
    I hate Room 38
  • Iraeala - Harshlands
    Iraeala - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I've always held the belief that the players are sadists due to the decision to utilize strategies that involve the slowest class trying to keep pace with the fastest.

I had to restat my genie to be able to do two holy paths in quick succession to be able to catch those darn sage barbs. b:surrender

I just started playing with the general mind of:

1. If you run when I'm buffing you obviously don't need them that much.

2. If you run before I am ready, I will do my best to keep up, but I can't change the cooldown of my genie skills or speed pots.

3. Yelling at me to 'run faster' when you've done something stupid to get me killed after I have used my res scroll will be met with sarcastic remarks about hopping on my magical cleric rocket skates.
  • tehiro
    tehiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol "magic cleric rocket skates"

i usually try to do a good job of making sure my team cleric has my 10minute 15% speed buff on at all times. although it annoys me when they holypath right after i cast it and completely ruin the buff

(kind of like when low level clerics cast the hp/mp buff on me when i'm using focus powder)
  • Iraeala - Harshlands
    Iraeala - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I always completely just burn through speed buffs people put on me. b:surrender

I have to holy path so often its pretty much just wasted on me if I wanna actually keep up.

I did have this great run where the archer kept accidentally putting that speed boost on me instead of himself in FC. I'd be like -run run run ZOOOOOOM!, overshoot the shade, hit the wall, put up a clumsy BB - "dude wtf was that?" "damn it! I had the damn cleric targeted!"

-two minutes later after cooldown-

-run run run ZOOOM!- "damn it not again!"
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i wonder what the devs were smoking when they decided the speed of the squishy squad healer that keeps everyone alive....

"...maybe if we make this class the slowest, they'll find it fun.."
    "That'll never work, your an idiot."
    *adds slow cleric runnings anyway*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    maybe they made a mistake and were supose to give us the veno speed but since they gave it to the venoby mistake and were lazy to change it back, they probably thought like pff nvm lets leave them slow now and add speed pots what makes them waste more moneys? o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    maybe they made a mistake and were supose to give us the veno speed but since they gave it to the venoby mistake and were lazy to change it back, they probably thought like pff nvm lets leave them slow now and add speed pots what makes them waste more moneys? o:

But I like running at 11.5 m/s! D:

TBH, the rest of us hate that clerics are slow runners (those of us that notice they lag behind, anyway). Although oddly enough, the last few times I've slowed down and stuck with the cleric I got yelled at for not running ahead and clearing the path. :S

I tried giving speed pots too, but was told it was insulting. Maybe rocket skates are the next thing to try, rofl.
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It's a balance to achieve when running with squads. A barb friend of mine I used to run with often knew to allow me to re-heal before pulling the next wave, but he was also stong enough to start clearing ahead, and live until I could catch up for the next heal.

Speed would be great, but tbh, us currently being slow can provide insight as to what kind of people we are grouping with. I always do my best to keep up. If a group member isn't smart enough to make sure they don't get in over their head before I can get in range, I know it's not likely someone I want on my FL b:laugh

Squads aren't designed for everyone to run full throttle individually, part of being a good player is recognizing, compensating, and utilizing the different strengths & weakness of everyone in your team.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I just let people die b:embarrassb:chuckle

(Even though I use Charger Orbs and Holy Path...lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I just let people die b:embarrassb:chuckle

(Even though I use Charger Orbs and Holy Path...lol)

+1 b:chuckle

If they run ahead and die because they thought I could heal them when they were down the block and around the corner, it's their problem. Fortunately, I don't usually have this problem with Barbs. They're usually considerate towards me and often wait until I'm within reach.

Sins, on the other hand, run ahead by themselves and usually get themselves or the squad wiped or put me on crazy healing duty. Of course in the case of a wipe, it's my fault because I can't bust out a insta-heal all. After about two or three times I tell them to slow down. If they don't, I let them die and then I res them at my own leisure. There's nothing like death to slow somebody down. b:chuckle
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Speed powders cools down should be halved or effect time doubled... I just closed the gap, then it wears off, and again the shrinking rear ends of the tiger, and the BM, and the sin...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Definately the speed, there are alot of kittens that wait for the cleric which is realy awesome of them, but the fishies! need i say more? the assassin runs ahead attracts lord knows how many mobs, as a good suicidal cleric that i am, i rush to his aide, heal his *** back to health, i attract the other mobs that werent attacked, i activate plume shell, freeze one of em, and seal the other one, then the kitten saves my life luckily, not so much stealth, but i do laugh alot so, when someone says some thing funny i dont stop running so i attract alot of mobs so then i wish i had stealth, another thing regarding speed, i was with a complete 4-5aps squad yesterday so they attack i heal but dang they fast lol so one of the bms gave me speed pots cause i realy struggled to keep up in sot...