Team working for your Cleric

Options
Ubnext - Sanctuary
Ubnext - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Cleric
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=964862
I noticed in many threads like the above link and even in game.

everyone is always getting getting getting from the cleric.

you practically have to knock someone down and beg them for a buff like increased HP or Reflect.

but a Cleric is expected to just toss you a buff anytime anywhere.

Heck I am in C of F as a cat shop selling Dice tickets that took me forever to make from chip packs., and an eternity to roll packs into chips, and half an eternity to roll chips into dice at the merchant.
so am I QQing nope. I am beaching like a ****!
cause some one is expecting me to miss three customers and close my shop, so he can get a buff and heal.

I heal, buff and just drain mana so quick its pathetic, but have to solo most my quests.
I have to buy pots and charms for mp, and all the while farm and farm for a deal of something I can sell to keep me above water.

then someone has the Gall to ask me to pitch in for wine?
what is going through your mind man?
half of the time I end up in a group, I have maybe one BH out of three everyone else has, and you want me to buy wine?
and other times I just get in a group to help out. Why should I buy wine for a BH51 when I only need a BH59.

I have to bring 50+ pots of large mana and 25+ pots of large health, just incase someone doesn't know how to hold aggro or someone else doesn't know how to let the tank tank!

half of the seals I had to get, (that I never use) to get another upper lvl seal I want really use cost so much coin and spirit I am at a loss to what to do next.

BB costs about 12 pots to use on Rankar or Fushma to go from first pull to its death.
and while I am trying to turn the BB off everyone else is grabbing the loot. so I get 27 coin and an elemntal essence. which does me no good cause I am not dragon questing. and the barb gets the *** purple item with 3 sockets. the sin gets the mystery potion I could use, the Psy gets exactly what she can use a sphere, and the wiz gets a white 2 star item.

happens all day long.
but when I jump in there and finally get to grab loot it all gets randomly displace to everyone else.
no I am still not QQing. its expected **** anyway.

but then while I am either meditating (mana regen) or (why isn't there class that can cast a healing spell of mana or MP recov to the cleric?) down a chewy orb to replace the mana at 6000 over 30 seconds. meanwhile the barb runs off and gets killed and it my fault for not having a 3,000,000 to 5,000,000 coin Plat MP Charm on me.
or worse they decide to run in two different directions.

(BTW how come catshops buy Plat Guardian Charms for value like 2-3M and sell for 3-4M but MP charms are bought for only 1 M and sold for the same as a plat HP charm?) think about this next time your running through town and ask a cleric for a buff, or in an instance and demand the one hour buff.
this stuff isn't cheap because u don't have the patience to wait for your cleric. but you have the patience to wait two hours for your buddy the sin to go get his BH 1 turned in to get BH II, but he gets D/C ed along the way!
you have the patience to wait for the Veno to mana up or feed their pet.

have patience for the cleric, or start providing the cleric with a charm.

I am not paying for wine anymore, and I am not paying for pots. if I run out of mana cause u run to fast from mob to mob, then its your fault you died not mine!

instead of wine, the squad ought to pitch in for a MP charm for the cleric.
or start donating coin so we clerics can afford it.
that way BB could run forever and you could all split up five different ways and bring Rankar, Fushma and Wyvrn back to the front door, and we do it all at once. that would save you a lot more time.
Post edited by Ubnext - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Did you link the wrong thread or something? I see no correlation between this and your old thread.

edit - oh you mean his comment about holy path?

He's right.

If you aren't keeping up with the squad, you aren't doing your job as a cleric.

That said, assuming you actually inform your squad that you are going to meditate, then yes it's their fault if they rush off. Of course if you are doing that repeatedly, I'd expect to get kicked from the squad. After each boss - maybe. Every time your mp runs low - kick. It might be frustrating, but relative to the expenses of some other classes, MP pots really aren't that pricey.

The one bright side is that at level 75, maintaining MP becomes less of an issue thanks to token pots.

And anyone who actually says they expects you to have an mp charm on needs a kick in the balls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Did you link the wrong thread or something? I see no correlation between this and your old thread.

He's right.

your wrong...because:

you don't realize when holy path is in cool down I actually run slower than when I am not equipped with a genie at all. but when the cooldown expires (without) using the holy path again I speed up.
    some kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't bug against clerics.
    should have been fixed 2 years ago.

and Like I said, if I am in meditation with +18 in MP recovery on all my armor and a tome combined. it takes about 1.5 to 2 minutes to get back to almost full. by the time I catch the barb, if he is 100 he cleared everything and is about half way through the boss.
    or if he is 60-70 has cleared three mobs and is yelling res cause he thinks I am behind him with a plat charm for mp.

if I want to play for free I shouldn't be a cleric, but I don't play for free, and I am still beaching because if I should have to buy wine then everyone else should supply my mana charm.
    besides I give 4-5 buffs to everyone that costs 75% of my mana, so I meditate, or drink three quick pots or eat an some orb that cost me 30K worth of herbs to make, or run and follow and use holy path to catch up and have only regenerated 50% of mana.

my point is not the holy path my point here is everyone wants, wants , wants from the cleric but no one ever considers, give give giving something to the cleric.

you know how many squad members a cleric needs? Just one! a tank.

you know what most 2 to 6 man squads need? at least one cleric.

so if we are so needed why are we treated like such trash?

I understand trying to make a profit, but hey I don't see Turcoise shards going for the same as a citrine shard
    nor any other shard of equal level.
    but you gouge the cleric, who is there to help you.
    so don't tell me what my job is, tell me how next time you see me in TT, Nirvana, BH or FB how you're going to thank me, by stepping to the side and letting me get a hand on some loot, or remember to be fair and set the loot to random so I can get some, or best yet bring 10+ pot of MP with you, and the award winning VIP love gift of all time, have a charm of MP even just a copper one, and give it to the cleric when he is buffing the whole squad.
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options

He's right.

That said, assuming you actually inform your squad that you are going to meditate, then yes it's their fault if they rush off. Of course if you are doing that repeatedly, I'd expect to get kicked from the squad. After each boss - maybe. Every time your mp runs low - kick. It might be frustrating, but relative to the expenses of some other classes, MP pots really aren't that pricey.

The one bright side is that at level 75, maintaining MP becomes less of an issue thanks to token pots.

And anyone who actually says they expects you to have an mp charm on needs a kick in the balls.

wooah
    back up Mr, selfish!

I have to watch everyone's HP bar and keep up with the ones that just need a IH or who might need a Purify, or if the whole damn group is getting wreckless and need a chromo heal.

I am expected to keep track of the who the tank is even tho' I have asked three times but they are all sins. and running rampant.

I am the one that has to watch them all while trying to keep up with them, type and chat with them, because if u don't reply while you are running they boot you. no understanding that I use W to run forward. so I have to mouse click periodically if I want to type and run.

I have to adjust and adjust.
    the least they could do is watch that little blue bar on the cleric and say mana up!

I don't run out all the time only after BB or some wreckless unpredicted major mob aggro like 5 mobs when there should have been 2 or 3.

what gets me most is when I run through with a slow three man squad of 60+ to 66+ and the very next BH is a full squad with a lvl 99+ and the squad wipes repeatedly because they run through so fast, expecting me to just run run run. mana mana mana.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Maybe you play the wrong class? Its your Job in a party to keep up with the squad and deliver heals and buffs when necessary. And when you run out of mana your obviously not prepared. Other Jobs have also Mana Costs for their Skills and they use them more frequently as you do. Just because they dont have that big mana pool it dosnt mean they have to pot like mad to be a decent dd. They have also a huge ammount of Repair Costs wich you dont have as you dont tank mobs mostly.

If you help out on a Bh51 and someone want you to pay for wine just leave the squad
    If you on an Bh you actually need make your job properly you have your share of costs to carry like everyone else. A cleric who run out of mana and seriously asking all few minutes for a meditate break would land on my blacklist forever. For random people asking for heal/buffs outside a party see my signature ,)

No offence
    I hate Room 38
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Perhaps you didn't notice that I'm also a cleric, and endured the same hardships leveling up? It's part of playing the class, plain and simple. It might suck, but if you intend to continue playing as a cleric, you need to accept that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iraeala - Harshlands
    Iraeala - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have to go with Ted/Mano on this one sorry. It sounds like you just might not be cut out to play a cleric. Yes, it is a demanding job and pot costs/skill costs are expensive. You are expected to move with the pace of the squad and put up BB and hold it when asked. You are expected to use the hour long buffs and carry enough potions to not run out. You are expected to carry res scrolls on your person and be ready at a moments notice when someone screws up.

Wines benefit the whole squad, so it makes sense to be a shared expense. If you do not want to pitch in for wine, do not wine the BH or don't go on that bh! Both 51 and 59 are easily done without wine by running around select mobs or fighting your way through. Yes, it takes longer, but you save yourself an expense.

It only turns to bribing/gifting when you're desperate to get that person in your squad. A squad won't offer a barb repairs or free wine unless they absolutely have reached the end of the rope and can't get anyone without bribery. You don't want to pay for wine, well, other people don't want to pay for your pots. Everyone is inherently selfish.

At lower levels I would never be charmed because I wasted it so quickly it was an unnecessary expense. I would buy 100 mp and 50 hp pots a day and those would last me about 4 hours of heavy questing/grinding. I would save my pots for when I was in squads and meditate instead of potting when I was soloing. I would also go collect the herbs I needed from around level 70-96 mobs when I was low 6x-high 7x. I probably picked damn flowers for full days when I *should* have been out questing.

Did I ever get a thank you from anyone outside my faction? Hell no!
    No stranger in a random squad knew how much work I put into keeping their butt alive during runs. They never noticed when I managed my mp well or kept up with the tank or prevented their death when they ran into a wayward mob. In fact most times if I healed them from the brink of swift death they'd complain that I wasn't paying attention and how dare I let them almost die! Not "Wow you saved my life, thanks!" I could count the number of honest to god declarations of gratitude I've received on one hand.

I was, however, re payed in getting invited back. There are tons of clerics on the server. People find the ones that are willing to do their job/keep up with the squad with minimal whining and hold onto them for dear life. If you show up and play nice with your squad with minimal problems they just might friend you and squad with you again in the future. I've had people kick other clerics from squads just to bring me in because that other cleric was being a pain in the butt or couldn't do their job. I have had in game friends blatantly berate bad clerics and when I ask what they did wrong they'd say "They weren't you." Not a "thank you for being a good cleric" but a huge ego boost once in a while. b:cute

I was able to run TT every single night, always get in a bh, and walk onto FC squads because my name got around. A good reputation is a great reward for the work you put into playing your cleric effectively. If your name gets out there that you take care of your squads it can be a bigger pay off in the end than a free platinum charm.
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i just play solo on squad with my guildmates

yeah, its slower, but its profitable, and far less frustrating, and guildmates tend to go easier on you ,as well as helping you learn your way around
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    "Team working for your Cleric" - to me, that sounds like a cleric is trying to lord over the squad and have 5 little minions doing their bidding. :S

You are well within your rights to ask a squad to slow down a bit so you can keep up, although there are ways of making yourself faster (Holy Path, speed pots, +m/s alt gear, archer buff if you have an archer in squad). If someone runs ahead and dies, it's their fault. But at the same time, you can't expect the squad to completely revolve around you.

Every class has expenses, so asking for special treatment reflects poorly on you and will hurt you in the long run. The _only_ time that clerics/barbs get exempt from wine fees or compensated for their costs is when the squad is desperate, so if that's your prerequisite, expect to take a longer time finding squads and even be put on some peoples' black list.

Per your comment on the reflect buff - most venos are reluctant to bramble clerics because we have to put up with a fair bit of raging from many who don't like it.

And please watch what you say. FatherTed is far from selfish and gave you a much nicer and constructive post than you could have gotten.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    pitching in for wine is only normal if you also are in need of the dungeon and you need the squad to help you.

i dont really think holypath is absolutely necessary, only cause it can easily be avoided by the melee just not rushing off lol. If its not like a super genie theres probably other things i can slot in skill wise... Or if your like me get holy path to rush infront of the melee and kill the mobs before they do >_> theres 'teamwork' for ya lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mightily - Dreamweaver
    Mightily - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Wow. Um... let's see...
    you practically have to knock someone down and beg them for a buff like increased HP or Reflect.

No. No one expects to get buffed without asking for it first. This applies to all classes, all buffs. The reason for this is because a lot of buffs are situational. There's always a possible reason for someone to not want a buff, even if it's simply because they want the added difficulty of not having them. There are other reasons, too, such as that most venos are taught by clerics themselves not to bramble clerics. It's actually really funny you mentioned reflect, as it shows how little you know about what the general player thinks.
    Heck I am in C of F as a cat shop selling Dice tickets that took me forever to make from chip packs., and an eternity to roll packs into chips, and half an eternity to roll chips into dice at the merchant.
    cause some one is expecting me to miss three customers and close my shop, so he can get a buff and heal.

Really? Just pretend you're afk. Most people in catshops are. He was just shooting in the dark, hoping that a) you weren't afk and b) you were actually a nice person. Not his fault if you're so uptight you can't afford to spend about fifteen seconds otherwise spent doing nothing in a catshop to improve his day a tiny bit.
    I heal, buff and just drain mana so quick its pathetic, but have to solo most my quests.
    Waa, I have to solo stuff, waaa! Get over it. So does everyone else. Actually, no. That's a lie. You can normally squad with someone if they're doing the same quest, but I'm starting to see why they might not squad with you.
    I have to buy pots and charms for mp, and all the while farm and farm for a deal of something I can sell to keep me above water.

Every class has expenses, except maybe venos if they're not saving for herc/nix, and even then they have to either buy a tome or food for pet. Granted it's not as much, but no one wants to hear about a fist bm whining about weapon repairs, and they don't want to hear complaints about a cleric's mp usage. It's part of the job.
    half of the time I end up in a group, I have maybe one BH out of three everyone else has, and you want me to buy wine?
    and other times I just get in a group to help out. Why should I buy wine for a BH51 when I only need a BH59.

Maybe one bh of the three? Are you implying you join squads at no quest benefit to you, completely charitably, and then complain about the costs? Next time just look for a zimo squad if you don't need the bh51. And if someone asked me to chip in for bh51 wine, I'd lol at them and tell them to do it without the wine or without me, granted they didn't say anything about wine before I joined squad. If they did, I would never have asked for an invite in the first place.
    I have to bring 50+ pots of large mana and 25+ pots of large health, just incase someone doesn't know how to hold aggro or someone else doesn't know how to let the tank tank!

This is a legitimate complaint. The cleric is unfairly charged for the mistakes of others in the squad. However, I repeat myself: you signed up for this, it's part of the job.
    half of the seals I had to get, (that I never use) to get another upper lvl seal I want really use cost so much coin and spirit I am at a loss to what to do next.

"I have to pay for stuff I want but don't need! So unfair!" Listen to yourself, ugh.
    BB costs about 12 pots to use on Rankar or Fushma to go from first pull to its death.
    and while I am trying to turn the BB off everyone else is grabbing the loot. so I get 27 coin and an elemntal essence. which does me no good cause I am not dragon questing. and the barb gets the *** purple item with 3 sockets. the sin gets the mystery potion I could use, the Psy gets exactly what she can use a sphere, and the wiz gets a white 2 star item.

happens all day long.
    but when I jump in there and finally get to grab loot it all gets randomly displace to everyone else.

You realize you grabbing stuff doesn't change who gets it unless it's set to free drops, right? It's random. Heck, they're saving time by grabbing it while you're getting out of BB. Now you're resorting to complaining about bad luck.

(And about those item examples... An element essence normally sells for 4x its value because of the non-DQ quests involving them, which'll cover most of your BB pot cost. Barbs have repair bills to take care of, and need good gear to tank properly if he's not selling the 3*. Sins use pots too. The psy probably won't use some garbage one star weapon drop from a boss 7-17 levels lower from them. And finally, a mob dropped a 2* item? That's some luck you got, to be complaining about anyway.)

Coulda fooled me.
    but then while I am either meditating (mana regen) or (why isn't there class that can cast a healing spell of mana or MP recov to the cleric?)
    Demon IH, learn your class lol
    Before you say anything, the reason it doesn't exist until then is because it's not needed.
    down a chewy orb to replace the mana at 6000 over 30 seconds. meanwhile the barb runs off and gets killed and it my fault for not having a 3,000,000 to 5,000,000 coin Plat MP Charm on me.

If you have both regular and apoth pots, you shouldn't be running out of mana. And if you don't have the items to keep your mana up, stop doing bhs and get some.

Splitting up is normally done in a bh51 before/after Fush to get that one guard, which most people can solo. If the barb goes the other way to clear the way to Rank, follow him. If you're following people who don't need you instead of the ones that do, it's your fault. If they die against the guard, it's really their fault and no one will be angry at you.
    (BTW how come catshops buy Plat Guardian Charms for value like 2-3M and sell for 3-4M but MP charms are bought for only 1 M and sold for the same as a plat HP charm?) think about this next time your running through town and ask a cleric for a buff, or in an instance and demand the one hour buff.

I'm not gonna bother with this one. Economics are probably beyond you.
    this stuff isn't cheap because u don't have the patience to wait for your cleric. but you have the patience to wait two hours for your buddy the sin to go get his BH 1 turned in to get BH II, but he gets D/C ed along the way!

You're wrong. I don't have the patience for unstacked people who continually dc. My last BH51 turned into a 4 man squad by the time we got to wyv because of this. But people will always wait for a cleric that's worth it. Maybe the last bit of the sentence is the difference between you and me.

I actually lol'd at this one. Venos running out of mana? Taking time to feed their pets? Either you have experience with the worst venos imaginable or, more likely, you are taking completely unfounded, inexperienced shots in the dark at other classes.
    People are already aware of this ultimatum, which is why they have patience for clerics. Maybe the reason they don't have patience with you is because you aren't cleric enough.
    I am not paying for wine anymore, and I am not paying for pots. if I run out of mana cause u run to fast from mob to mob, then its your fault you died not mine!

The wine is understandable, but the rest...

LOOOOOOOL

Good luck with that. I feel bad with anyone who squads with you.
    that way BB could run forever and you could all split up five different ways and bring Rankar, Fushma and Wyvrn back to the front door, and we do it all at once. that would save you a lot more time.

That you operate through daily life with a mind like that, I pity.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My god the audacity of some people. The OP is out of his/her mind... b:shutup
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Mightily - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    your wrong...because:

you don't realize when holy path is in cool down I actually run slower than when I am not equipped with a genie at all. but when the cooldown expires (without) using the holy path again I speed up.
    some kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't bug against clerics.
    should have been fixed 2 years ago.

Sorry for more after that long post, but I just noticed this. What the heck? I've never heard this one before. Holy Path doesn't even have a cooldown, lol. The only thing I can think of to explain this is if it overwrites an archer speed buff. Again, you really need to learn the game better before 'beaching' about it.
  • kriviox
    kriviox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    everyone is always getting getting getting from the cleric.

I disagree, I buff people to be nice from time to time, or if they ask me, but if I don't feel like it and they don't ask, they don't get. If they ask, then sure, I don't mind. But it's not expected. It's a gift you give and they shouldn't demand it. Please is a pretty word.

Simply don't. Pretend you went AFK lol. What catshop actually sits there and watches the shop the entire time?? The point of a catshop is to leave it over night in my opinion.

The hour buff is a drain. It sucks. But it's life. (depending how many people you are buffing the 30m might be better) And you don't HAVE TO BUY pots and charms. MAKE them. Lol, Farm the mats you need for the 10 mana recovery per second and have the 3000 over 30 seconds or whatever as back up. It's free if you farm it. And you just said you farm so.. problem?

Wine is understandable. It's pricey depending on the split and group. If it's not the BH you need, maybe you should have gone with a group who ONLY needed zimo or more of 59 rather then tagging in with a 51 group. To be honest, 51 does NOT need to be winned. Only ones really that need to be wined is 69 and Abba. It's doable without wine but a pain in the ****. Either way, if the group agrees to wine, and you don't pay up your share, expect to get kicked if they can find another cleric. However, some are nice enough to pay for cleric or exclude cleric from split(like when I am on the BM I pay for me and cleric because I know res scrolls are expensive and she/he saves me money by healing me)

Here, you need apoc manufactured pots. Lol stop buying ones that do barely anything. And once you hit 75 get the Y-whatever herb. It's 3 tokens for 50 pieces. You can't get any cheaper then that. And yeah, it sucks when the tank doesn't know how to keep aggro or idiots try to tank, but it happens. If you get a mob on you IH spam yourself and use second wind. I am a pure cleric and can survive being attacked INCLUDING killing the mob myself and due to IH stack come out with full health. Big mana drain? Yes, but it sure as hell beats using a res scroll.

Drops can be lame from time to time, but at least you got your BH done. I've walked away with nothing but coins before. It's life. It happens. Sometimes you get crazy drops, once we had our cleric get 8 out of 11 of the darkness stamps dropped in 59 lol and the wiz got the other three.

happens all day long.

but then while I am either meditating (mana regen) or (why isn't there class that can cast a healing spell of mana or MP recov to the cleric?) down a chewy orb to replace the mana at 6000 over 30 seconds. meanwhile the barb runs off and gets killed and it my fault for not having a 3,000,000 to 5,000,000 coin Plat MP Charm on me.

That is my BIGGEST pet-peev. A cleric sitting down and meditating in the middle of something without asking/telling anyone (Asking is nicer because you are more likely to be told yes go ahead without getting the group pissy with you and sometimes people will offer you pots and such if you say it nicely. I know I give my extra stuff I don't need to them if they do when I'm on my bm). The camera is angled (for us bms and tankers) forward, we dont always look back seeing as there are mobs ahead and not behind. Therefore when a cleric just randomly meditates, we don't see it and we keep moving. That and cleric should have pots to keep up. It's the clerics job to be on the heels of the tanks. Not way behind because she can't take 15 minutes to find the herbs to make a apoc pot. I don't mean to sound mean, but it's fact. It's super annoying. Before a boss? Totally understandable, please, by all means meditate. But not while you're just getting mobs.

And yeah, people running off is a biotch to deal with, pick the person who is more likely to die and IH stack them then run back to tank when his health is getting lower. IE. Bm vs Sin = Sin more likely. Tank vs BM = Bm more likely. Mag class vs phsy class = mag class more likely. And if someone dies, it happens. I don't see how it's the clerics fault. I have only once EVER blamed a cleric for people dying and that was because he autopathed in 59 RIGHT into the mobs. Only time. Other then that, it's a group effort fail.

"Demand" they shouldn't be demanding. But you should be automatically doing it. A cleric is there to buff and heal. Seeing as the 1 hour buff is better on a large party, it's no wonder they prefer the 1hour vs 30 min, time wise in how long it lasts plus time wise how long it takes you to buff everyone. hitting 4 buffs once vs hitting 8 buffs per person (to make it last an hour once the 30 is up)

Here I totally disagree. **** the veno if you can't feed and run at the same time. That should be on a hot key or they should have a tome if they can't keep it up. And turning in BH is different. THAT is your time to meditate while they leave to get it up unless the group decides to keep clearing (which imo is best option) And no, I don't wait 2 hours for a guy to turn it in. If he D/Cs we give them 5 minutes or so. D/c happens. Nobodys fault. And the veno can meditate while her pet fights as long as it can go without heals for a little if she doesn't have pots. But she should.

Well, people actually HAVE DONE THAT. Like I was running an RB where the clerics charm died so one guy bought it for her from the boutique and gave it to her so we could continue. Nice people do that. But if you biotch and whine about it, it makes it miserable for others. So they won't. Though, it is more rare. Again, make your own pots to save money then once you hit 75 use the item from boutique.

A clerics job is to heal and provide buffs and life for people. If you can't keep up, maybe you should switch classes. It's your job you took on when you clicked create. If you want to be a magic class and don't like the job of healing and buffing. Be a wiz or a psy, maybe even a veno. If you looked up cleric info before creating it you would see that it is among the more costly to play. But every class has their money hardships. I know on my BM keeping up with good gear is rough. HELL, I just paid 15m for my Gorenox Vanities! Being any class isn't cheap. Farm more, ask fac mates for mats you may need for making apoc pots or whatever you want to make. If you make 3* items you don't need. Sell them for money. Or buy stuff low and sell it high. Those people buying the ones for 1m and selling for 3-5 m are making 2-4m each time they sell one. Sell 5 and thats 10-20m - the 5m it costs to buy them means you make 5m to 15m. I could do with that extra cash, couldn't we all?
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'd be interested to hear the OP's thoughts on paying close to 20m for level 11 res.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kriviox
    kriviox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'd be interested to hear the OP's thoughts on paying close to 20m for level 11 res.

b:chuckle Oh yes, that would be interesting. Though, doing RBs you can get a good 2-3m so 10 or so RBs and it's paid off. However, clerics job for that is to be in BB so.. haha.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sad thing is that if i too started the game just a few months ago, id probably have the same rant =S the gap between the 'expectations' and 'reality' have spaced out too much due to either old players playing on their newbie alts or new cash shop players.

i remember when bronze/silver charms were normal and gold charms were a full on luxury
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Clerics have to be selfless, commanding, accommodating, able to adjust in ANY type of situation and patient. If you lack any of those, then you might not be cut out to be a Cleric to be honest. This is not an easy class, nor is it an extremely difficult one once you get the hang of things.

MP pots are a fact of gameplay really (and not all that expensive imo even @ lower levels) or you can be like some of us higher levels and go through 1+ plat mp charms a day because we have over 10k mp, the way it is really. Do not buff unless someone asks, know when to protect yourself and others...find a balance in EACH squad you are in.

Really it just sounds to me like Cleric is not for you 100%. Maybe I am wrong, but this is not the class for everyone. Clerics can be expensive and frustrating but if you love the class you learn and compensate for those frustrations and the occasional dumb squads (lol :p) b:surrenderb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited February 2011
    Options
    < selfish, commanding, semi-accommodating b:chuckle
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think instead of bashing the OP, we should offer some advice on how to play a cleric.

1. Read some of the guides in this section if you find some instances/quests difficult.

2. If you really don't feel like it, you can refuse to buff others. Of course you will be expected for party buffs when you're in squad. Not to mention that we all know metal mages that neither buff or heal... so you're no the worst

3. Yes, mana pots can be expensive at this level, but since you have little other expenses, save up the money you merchant/NPC for pots instead of... whatever else. Continue to level up your apothecary skills as they require only patience in farming herbs. They are also useful for mana regen - pop a Flourish Orb, for example, and you should have no problem keeping up BB. Heck, if you were on LC I'd log on to my cleric and send you 100 of them.

4. Learning to stack your BHs can be a useful skill, and you will find yourself less annoying at split wine fees. Besides, if we didn't split wine fee, who should pay for the bulk of it? It's just not fair, now is it.

5. Don't buy MP charms unless you need to afk BB for long periods of time. Event pots at lv75 will be more than sufficient and are very cheap compared to NPC pots.

6. Make some friends / find a good guild, and ask for advice when in doubt.

Whoever mentioned demon IH - it costs 30mil on LC last time I checked. How many event pots can you buy with 30mil?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    kriviox wrote: »
    b:chuckle Oh yes, that would be interesting. Though, doing RBs you can get a good 2-3m so 10 or so RBs and it's paid off. However, clerics job for that is to be in BB so.. haha.

Of course, you could be at the eye with mana auras. I know some people who log a friends cleric on one computer, setup bb, and then afk for entire Delta runs. No repair bill or mana pots, no player even, lol.
    Maybe you play the wrong class?
    ^^ This^^ Clerics avoid repair costs, and as for chills have some of the cheapest costs to learn their skills. Yes, even sage or demon skills are reasonably cheap compared to other classes. They just have heavier skill costs early on, and basic mp food costs. Remember, you have 4 times the mp pool, so them using 1/4 the skills means they need to pot as much as you.

My god the audacity of some people. The OP is out of his/her mind... b:shutup
    ^^and this^^ Here is another QQ thread the OP might enjoy. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=984312

Ok, first, you don't want to be brambled. If you are attacked while brambled it makes it harder for DDers to pull aggro back off you. Second, if they don't have aggro don't heal. You really should need hp pots (psst, you can heal yourself.)

As you get higher levels BHs go faster and faster. No one meditates, everyone HPs and sprints everywhere, people go in different directions to take out different mobs to save time.

Are you a pure magic build? This will help you have a larger mp pool and quicker regens. If you are having problems with mp regen attack less and avoid being put into combat mode, this will keep your regen rate at normal. When in combat mode its cut down to 1/4 regen.

Buffing people means they take less damage. Less damage = less healing required = you saving on mp. DDers make your runs faster. The faster a boss dies the less you have to heal. Fast squads will save you mp costs. Also, getting a run done 15 minutes faster when people aren't sitting around meditating means you can go grind 100k to pay for mp costs and make a fair amount of coin.

Clerics are always useful. Having as many options for squads as clerics do means they can go on instance runs all day and make plenty of coins. They are a decently profitable class. You also seemed under the impression being in bb while people picked up drops gives you less drops? You get the same random odds as everyone else unless the squad is set to free distribution.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mightily and kriviox covered the most points; gz to ur patience xd

OP, every class has plus and minus.
    u want to be wanted in a ton of squads and not begging for a spot? u get higher costs/responsibility.

about the buffs: when i ask for buffs, i consider it obvious that you should respond whenever u think best, i'm not expecting to let the squad die to respond... and ofc if u can give them I will come to you... unless u are coming to archo anyway xd
  • Mightily - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Whoever mentioned demon IH - it costs 30mil on LC last time I checked. How many event pots can you buy with 30mil?

That was just a response to the OP asking why there weren't any skills that could heal a cleric's mana. I followed it by stating it isn't necessary, just pointing out that it does exist. It's definitely not a solution to the OP's mana problem, you're right.
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Perhaps you didn't notice that I'm also a cleric, and endured the same hardships leveling up? It's part of playing the class, plain and simple. It might suck, but if you intend to continue playing as a cleric, you need to accept that.

+ 1 all day longb:laugh

Truth is I actually prefer how clerics work/are played in Pwi more than any other mmo I've played.

We will always take blame for others failures, we will always be expected to have unlimited healing potential, and we'll also always be the only one who doesn't get any rez after a wipe!

None the less, a well played cleric is basically in constant demand, giving us the ability to be picky about who we decide to be friends or play with. Should we get more respect? YES! will we? prolly not lol, but such is the role of a healer in any game I've played thus far b:bye
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Clerics avoid repair costs, and as for chills have some of the cheapest costs to learn their skills. Yes, even sage or demon skills are reasonably cheap compared to other classes. They just have heavier skill costs early on, and basic mp food costs. Remember, you have 4 times the mp pool, so them using 1/4 the skills means they need to pot as much as you.
    thats true only if u make a cleric to be your heal slave, or you dont care as much for the character cause its not your main.
    for a cleric main person its probably one of the more expensive classes

its pretty much like me saying BMs are the most brainless cheapest class you can play because of my alts experience and vouching for it on the BM forums. Not much credibility from a character i classify as one of my many many alts as high as it may be.

and no its not possible to afk for an ENTIRE delta run because of the different waves. Whoever is saying that is leaving out info and your believing it literally
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

and no its not possible to afk for an ENTIRE delta run because of the different waves. Whoever is saying that is leaving out info and your believing it literally

I wondered about this also, how did they combat the various nasty stun waves afk-ed?

b:question
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @OP-
    Been there, done that.

Im in the same level range as you and am feeling much of the same pain. However, I remeber that much of this stuff I agreed to when I rolled a cleric.

I did want to make one suggestion to you regarding BH bosses. In vain I have lectured, chastised, riducled and threatened in an attempt to get people to stack. There is no rule in this game that says you have to stack. But it is unreasonable to go to your BH to run yesterday's bosses. Do insist upon today's bosses.

When I think of some of the economic and respect issues that clerics have, I consider how things will change when my level becomes useful to my guild. I am so looking forward to the days when I dont have to run with randoms anymore.

You sound like a poor cleric. This game has very little use for one. This is reality.

Why are you playing a cleric?
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Usually powders and pods keeps me afloat for BHs without genie skills. I try to keep a palette of different heal items that cool off separately - pod, powder, elixar, buns/dumplings... . Still, every so often people don't communicate on what they're doing, and there's nothing I can do about spell cool down time... . That's when I get the comments and insults. It's not that I don't grind and farm and leave catshop on over night and do the things to make money. It's just somehow building a saving is a really slow and difficult task. When I have millions and millions of coins for charms and genie skills, it'll be like a month later or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Honestly, being a Cleric is not nearly as hard as you are making it out to be. It is quite simple, on normal mobs you just toss IH on anyone who takes any damage, and throw Wellspring on anyone who reaches about half HP. If you have a Barb, there is no reason anyone but the Barb should get healed. If someone takes aggro from the Barb, let them take care of themselves. I played an Assassin already in BH51 and 59, and the mobs are easy for an Assassin who has half a clue of what to do. If the Assassin can survive against two mobs on his own, I'm certain you don't need to worry about a Blademaster or extra Barb.

If your MP is getting below 50% anyways, you should already be throwing a pot up. If you are having trouble getting money, spam some TT 1-1 and 1-2's. You get second pick, so you can just sell the mat for money. If you are smart about how you do it, your costs are very little. For example, use Focus Powders when you are just spamming IH, and throw up your double spark whenever you can to recover MP.

In TT at your level, the only boss you need a charm for possibly is Soulbanisher, simply because he takes so long to kill and it's a long time to keep BB up. Drummer goes down pretty quick and holding BB is easy on him, even with just level 60 pots.

I've gone through those levels, I know the troubles you face as a Cleric. By far though, Cleric is the cheapest class I have played. The only thing that is expensive about it is skills, and even those are cheap as the ones you really need at your level you get so early on they are maxed early.

You are saying to have the squad let you meditate rather than use pots? They don't get a meditation for their repair costs. You have repairs, but they are minor compared to the melee classes, especially whoever tanks. As far as pots go, I've always gotten enough DQ drops in BH's to cover my pot costs. If it didn't completely cover it, the TT run I did or would plan to do covered them.

Yes, you should have to pay the wine fee as well. If you do a wined BH, you benefit from it the same as everyone else. If you don't want to pay for a wine fee, either do the BH without wines, or don't do it at all.

If you are putting up BB on Fushma, then obviously you haven't been visiting these forums enough. BB is not used for its healing. It is used for the damage reduction. Level 10 IH recovers 714 HP + 30% of base magic attack over 15 seconds, which can be stacked, while BB recovers 300 HP + 20% base magic attack every 5 seconds with the 50% damage reduction. Yeah, it's a squad heal, but Fush does not have an AoE.

On Rankar, a mildly geared Assassin can still take his AoE so long as he/she can get an IH when damage is taken, and that doesn't require much effort, so you don't need to BB at all on Rank. Wyvern, I can understand it, but there is still no need. If an Assassin can't take the hits from Wyvern (and the same goes with Rank as well), he/she should take out a bow and DD that way, since on them their AoE damage is lessened at range. Any Blademaster or Barb should be more than able to handle those two bosses' AoE's with occasional heals.

So, you are just going into overkill with your healing and not thinking about mana cost. Here is the thing to remember, it is your MP cost. If someone says to put up BB, unless it is someone who has low HP and can't tank that boss without the damage reduction, don't put it up. If the Barb you are with can't tank it without BB anyways, get a new Barb.

I have never needed to use an MP charm to keep BB up, so any excuse you give saying you had to, I call BS on. The only time you have to is if you are doing PQ zhen, because I will admit, you can't hold up BB for one hour with just pots below 75. If you don't have one in TT 1-2 and the squad can't kill Soulbanisher fast enough, you simply tell them you are skipping that boss, most people do anyways because few ever need his mat.

So, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time playing Cleric, but you are just acting way too selfish. Cleric is a very selfless class, and if you don't want to be the giver in the squad, you should go with another class.

The only thing I can agree with you on in your post is just random requests for buffs. I can understand you not giving them, but for your squad, you should. After all, 1 hour buffs are more cost effective than single buffs. Just give a squad buff, pot to save your charm if you have one, give the next one, repeat.
  • pungkahheng
    pungkahheng Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yes,we sign up for clerics and its our job to do so, but the point is hey,some people just won't appreciate we cleric. yes you might appreciate us clerics but this doesn't mean all people do. You say we cleric can party with other who are doing the same quest as us, hello? Could you imagine how many people are willing to party with you when they can all solo on themselves? When they die they would just keep pm you about res them, some says 'ty' and some says 'why so slow' or 'make it faster next time,dude' etc. We just request some more respect or appreciation from other class, forgive us if we didn't heal you in time or makes some mistakes and not kicking us like trash.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

^^ This^^ Clerics avoid repair costs, and as for chills have some of the cheapest costs to learn their skills. Yes, even sage or demon skills are reasonably cheap compared to other classes. They just have heavier skill costs early on, and basic mp food costs. Remember, you have 4 times the mp pool, so them using 1/4 the skills means they need to pot as much as you.

A couple of things:
    1. clerics do have repair costs, just not as high as melee classes because we wear robes and mostly heal, but they go up when they get hit a lot as DD's or as healer.

2. the costs to learn skills are a bit lower compared to other classes, which is true. However, our skills are kinda mandatory, unless ofcourse you don't mind not having BB on the cleric at lvl 60 and are satisfied with a lower level res.
    (A skill wich they should abolish from the game i.m.o. and preferably with decrease in level above lvl 91 when the exp loss from dieing means your exp drops below 0%, but that's another topic altogether.)
    Nobody cares if you got all your 4 tree skills at the level you can acquire them as long as you can do your job with the skills you got. You level one or 2 trees around the OP's level just like the clerics do. The other trees are what gives you an advantage at higher levels. This is where it starts to suck less to be a BM . At higher levels you will also be able to grind more money for your skills.

3. It's not just MP costs on skills that hurt, but the fact that everything you do costs mana and a lot of it. This includes grinding for money and they do have a repair bill when fighting. They can choose to meditate for a very long time, make pots from herbs ( which they have to collect first), or invest in mana pots. In most cases all three. Where as a BM only uses mana to spam a skill, he doesn't really need it to grind and can meditate the amount of mana he needs in a short amount of time. The BM's repair cost remains the same. In all, a BM can grind about twice as much cash in the same time as a cleric can with lower risks to himself, which continues up to the 90+ when clerics AOE grind. Even then it's costly to do and in most cases BM's still make more cash then a AOE grinding cleric (except maybe for the one completely tricked out cleric with special grinding gear with the sole purpose of grinding spiders).
    Mana cost is not a one time expense, but is continiously present, which makes it a burden when you decide to play a cleric as your main. These clerics don't level fast ( because they actually do all their quests and runs for gear, gather mats etc. on this char) and they have a high expense.

4. The larger mana pool for 1 skill tree does not equally compare to a smaller MP pool for 4 skiltrees at the OP's level, for all the reasons mentioned above: you don't usually need 4 skilltrees at that level, you are not required to continiously spam skills as a BM with high cost. Not even at lvl 100, you probably mostly spark and autoattack with some skills in between. 1 pots for you + MP regen buff is enough to do your job. You might burn just as fast through your MP pool as the cleric, but if the clerics MP pool is indeed 4 times higher, then so is his cost.

5. You most likely won't die because you ran out of mana, but the cleric that keeps you alive could very well die when mana runs out.

Why do I think we shouldn't be so harsh on the OP? :
    First of all to be a helpful community, but there are more reason. The cost issue is a frustration of all clerics who play it as their main and don't play any other chars. The easiest way to make money on your cleric besides playing merchant is to play an ALT. A veno would do well. Also less frustrating, since you don't die often and also don't see your hard earned money evaporate into all the expenses you make or in the time you lose. Ofcourse in this case the same thing applies as for a cleric played as an alt, you only use it for a certain purpose and don't play it to the fullest of it's abilities or spend the time to get the feeling for the char and know all it's limits.
    Telling people a class isn't ment for them is only valid if the players themselves feel it isn't ment for them. The period around OP's level used to be much much harder before bh's and all kinds of other things to make you level as a cleric and made lots of people decide not to go on as a cleric. Especially if you try to play it without cash shopping to much it can still be hard to do. Cheap mana pots seems to reach it's end soon if token prices keep rising.
    The trouble with the OP only seems to be a lack of priority, mostly for the OP,causing a lot of frustration.

@ the OP:
    The message is to "take care of #1", meaning : take care of yourself first. If it's not in your interest and you are not in a charitible mood, learn to say no.
    Don't let other people make you feel guilty for playing the game the way they do. You don't have to be the saintly mother goose willing to sacrifice yourself always for everything and everyone, it's nice if you are, but not required. You are only required to be a decent and fair player (also helps if you play nice with the other kids :P ). Any DD or tank would the same. It's your own judgement if you want to play along.
    Know your role as a cleric, not what others think it should be, but what your skill and capability allow you to become. To any other class not willing to bend to that, you can always respond with the same cliches they like to give about the roles of your class...
    They have certain roles too and no class seems to stick with it these days (mostly due to changes in the game), you can remind them at nauseam how to play their class if they really want to label your role, so there... :P
    I think that would reduce much of your frustration and keep in mind that people who think this class requires no skill, are people who have no skill to play this class.

Hope you'll find a way to enjoy playing a cleric.
    b:bye
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion