Old classes major look over

Options
NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
NoXide_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
ok people keep the trolling out of this thread and in my other 1.

id like to start a petition for the old classes skills to have a major revamp after the Genisis exspansion comes out. because well lets face it the old skills are kinda **** compared to some of the new classes like Sins psychics and most likely seeker and mystic

Poll will be up please go and vote in what you think. who knows maybe enough votes and the GMs might pass it on to the Devs.

and now to keep this in General Discussion and for it not to be moved to thetopic no one looks. please feel free to discuss which skills from which classes need to be looked at or maybe new skills for all classes.
Post edited by NoXide_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    All cleric healing skills. Pillers of light gets boring after the 3rd healing skill.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • DarkMix - Lost City
    DarkMix - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Tell it to the china version since international version content comes from them then to us
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nothing will happen form us posting here, and if they do send our comments over to them, they dont bother reading them.

However, I would like to see the old classes given skill edits both visually and effectually.
  • phenixmoon
    phenixmoon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't really see the urgent need....
    BIDS, Wield thunder > most psychic simple skills
    I dont really find that special the sin skills...

We will see when the new classes are released, but I find more needed to change the land graphics cause tideborn land > old lands, big difference.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Agreed, our old skills don't even barely fit in with the new classes and I can only imagine how dated we'll look compared to the earthguard.

Wizard and Bm skills don't need any change really, but some touching up on the graphics would be nice, my BIDS looks like it's made out of blue glass instead of water.
    phenixmoon wrote: »
    I don't really see the urgent need....
    BIDS, Wield thunder > most psychic simple skills
    I dont really find that special the sin skills...

We will see when the new classes are released, but I find more needed to change the land graphics cause tideborn land > old lands, big difference.

Some skills do need tweaking though, especially many of the old level 100 skills. And some of those just useless skills that they gave the old classes.

And agreed, the landscape needs a makeover scroll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    All cleric healing skills. Pillers of light gets boring after the 3rd healing skill.

Plus, Wellspring is so bright! @_@ *flash* "Aah, I be blind~"

I would love to see all older classes get shinied/fancied-up skills, lol. And maybe some tweaks to how some things work...

And new meditations!
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I would like to see the old classes polished up so they don't look so much like the dev's poor red-headed step children. Many of the skills also need an update to keep them in the running with the new additions, and useless skills really really need to be revamped or tossed.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I would love any change to the old/FINSHED features of the the game, if Wanmei only could
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11834062&postcount=2408
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    Yoyoki - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Update the graphics on some skills, like pyrogram looks so lame..and make the male archers stop spinning...please :(
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I actually want to urge you all to show your interest in this kind of revamp and not feel discouraged by the fact that everything is done and approved by the Chinese company and team. Post your ideas!
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I actually want to urge you all to show your interest in this kind of revamp and not feel discouraged by the fact that everything is done and approved by the Chinese company and team. Post your ideas!

fun fact: my post count passed yours up b:victory

funner fact: you just +1'd your post count without locking a thread, that's a marked improvement b:cute
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I know it's not directly related to skills but...

Give barbs customization options. Actually allow us to change more than what one of 4 animals we are, and what color eyes we have. Oh and allow us to wear hats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands - stop spamming this topic. Your post is unrelated to the topic's subject and its content is insulting to a forum staff.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands - stop spamming this topic. Your post is unrelated to the topic's subject and its content is insulting to a forum staff.

b:laugh
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Cleric Skills: Pillars of light...
    Veno Skills: A circle of poison swirling...even more boring.
    Wizard Skills: Prettier than both cleric/veno skills. BIDS = b:dirty
    BM Skills: Pretty much the same as wizards...
    Barb Skills: Barbs have special effects? b:chuckle
    Archer Skills: Male archers look like they're doing pirouettes...they have effects too?

...Yeah these classes do need a skill revamp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Archer Skills: Male archers look like they're doing pirouettes...they have effects too?

I love BIDS, but you gotta admit that the Psy Stun AoE thingy is win too.

And there is no cooler buff animation than CotD.

But yea, enhance the older (Original 6) classes more :( Theres not much "WOW" to them and tbh, its one of the first things you notice when you start. Thatl put off a lot of players I bet.
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I like Heaven's flame quite a bit. The veno 59 skills are pretty neat too. I agree though, classes should get a little something added to bring them back up to par.
    edited February 2011
    Options

Cool my pillers of light has now infected the minds of others.

Do cleric debuffs need revamping? I'm not sure...

If we could have a little change in our channeling animation between thunderball, wield thunder, tempest. They look exactly the same.

Can we have Demon/Sage plumeshell mana drain lowered to .5 mana per damage? To balance out with all the 5 aps running around? I lose mana faster then i can click the pot button.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If we could have a little change in our channeling animation between thunderball, wield thunder, tempest. They look exactly the same.

It is called confuse the enemy! If you cast a crappy thunderball against someone, he might think it is a tempest, and go suicide b:laugh.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It is called confuse the enemy! If you cast a crappy thunderball against someone, he might think it is a tempest, and go suicide b:laugh.

And if its a crappy thunderball or wield thunder, everyone around will assume its a tempest and aim straight for us. I dislike being ganked cause someone thinks im about to light up the place with flashy and somewhat off location lightning.
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Someone talked about barb skills not beeing too flashy..Well yeah I do agree for some..

- Armageddon : Does look like all hell breaks loose

- Sunder : Nice effect

- Roar : Nice too

- Invoke : Not bad..

Dislikes :

- Surf impact : Woudn't go surf on that "wave" for sure

- Frighten : Not too scary to me..how about a skull or something ?

As for other classes..

Archers : Yeah some of their animations do make them look like straight out of a ballet class.

Clerics : Yup, some skills are too similar. I would really like to know when my wife REALLY uses tempest and risk stealing agro to have a alpha male/roar/whatever ready.

Wizards : Some look cool, some look bland...

Psys : See wizards

Venos : Except from AoE skills, it's either i'm gonna shoot a green ball, red ball, whatever color ball at you...

Sins : I didn't see that many skills as most I saw are Aps and most I saw I could say is spark, hit, hit, rince, repeat...b:chuckle

BM's : AoE's look cool. HF, Glacial spike, Myriad, all look ok to me. And that sword based skill that has a pushback..darn..forgot the name..tired..does look like it takes one's strenght to actually push the enemy away..

So a revamp, yes.. But not on all skills :)
  • Anthemyra - Archosaur
    Anthemyra - Archosaur Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    some changes would be good for the old classes ... new look on the meditaion pls b:surrender ... something diferent for each race (human, elf, untamed) is not fair, both earthguard and tide have something interesting in that direction ...

for skills ... yeah ... some animations need to be changed but would be nice for some skills to be improved (less channeling, or mana lost /skill for clerics pls ... is not fair when a fish pops up and stuns u, when finally have the chance to sleep him ... ups ... stuns u again ... damn chaneling <.< ... we are no1 targt in tw already ... and we die a lot becouse we are kind enough to actually heal others ... at least give us something back for our "sacrfice" ... something ... anything ... to kill that damn fish once for all!!! b:angry )

Permaspark for clerics ... that would be niiiccceeee :D
  • YingXiaolong - Raging Tide
    YingXiaolong - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Indeed. Our skills and the landscape need some revamping. We look very very dated, compared to the other classes... and male archers look kinda awkward with all those piroettes. XD

Also, male wizzies look kinda stupid when casting BIDS, in my opinion... we just spin in the air like a rag doll. >_>

And gush? We could use a warping effect, like acqua impact has. Pyrogram is not too bad, after all we're just flinging a burning scroll at the enemy. Sandstorm could look better, and so could glacial snare. Those three puny spikes of ice look kinda boring. b:chuckle
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well armors will probably get a revamp, I seen R9 being shiny! I will show you guys the screenies if you want me to.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    +1 billion to every positive thing thts been posted
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Leave me at least one male archer spiny skill! They're so cuuute b:cute
    Love seeing those skills.
  • NatureLover - Harshlands
    NatureLover - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Archer:
    - Would be cool if having blazing arrow buff turns all normal shot fiery.

Veno:
    - Give some animation to summoning a pet or removing the pet
    - Change the poison skill chain 's graphics (poison circle is too boring -.-)

All:
    - If a weapon/skills has been imbued with elemental buffs (from gems/buff) make an animation for every hit upon impact at the enemy. e.g. if you equip water shard or wizard give you their buff, when you attack, the point of contact btw your weapon and the enemy has some ice shattering animation.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    going through this topic is like reading the announcements in the public square of Retardia.

sure, fix the god damn animations, that will bring balance to the game.

/facedesk

no wonder with such ... audience ... the devs will change nothing to this game. It's not needed. Give more flashy skills, keep the game imbalance. Idiots will be happy having a nice animation to skill channel while they die before charm can tick. MOAR fashion an mounts for everyoane, at least if we get roflpwn by one class that's DD, tank and AOE healer, at least let's look good while laying on a side asking for a rez or thinking when to press that "go to town" button.
    Topics like this an the posts before me make me lose all hope I had for this game.

/out

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    going through this topic is like reading the announcements in the public square of Retardia.

sure, fix the god damn animations, that will bring balance to the game.

/facedesk

no wonder with such ... audience ... the devs will change nothing to this game. It's not needed. Give more flashy skills, keep the game imbalance. Idiots will be happy having a nice animation to skill channel while they die before charm can tick. MOAR fashion an mounts for everyoane, at least if we get roflpwn by one class that's DD, tank and AOE healer, at least let's look good while laying on a side asking for a rez or thinking when to press that "go to town" button.
    Topics like this an the posts before me make me lose all hope I had for this game.

/out

+1 This proves that the majority of people are like monkeys and can be bought by pretty and shiny things, rather than improving the game mechanics. People are never happy, give them something they will demand something else, give them revamped skills, they will QQ about balance, people are just plain **** most of the time.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    A lot of the suggestions will just add useless lag just to make something pretty. Sure, add an animation to veno summoning/ unsummoning pet- as long as it doesn't interfere with being able to lure mobs effectively. Add new animations to cleric healing skills- just don't make it so the animation HAS to go through before the spell can take effect (example: BB- the channeling can be done, but reduction and healing do not start until the animation is done). I'd like to see new hair styles added to the older classes to help freshen them up.

How about releasing those advanced make- over scrolls? I want to make my character constantly sneering at everyone. Or always wearing a skeptical look on their face.

Barbs need slightly new customizations- how about being able to choose what color their bodies are in the very least? Make that icky green lion tan... or even purple O_o. Red tiger barbs sound cool too. Or pink and white pandas. SOMETHING.

Agreed, landscape needs a make- over. At the same token, I dread every city being just as laggy as the tideborn area.

Efficiency > Pretty. However, if both can be done, by all means, go for it!
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]