Super Speed & cannot connect

Ilah - Archosaur
Ilah - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Support Desk
So, every time I log on there is a message that says "Could not connect to server" before I even click my character. However, I am still able to log in after this. When I get in the game, everything is moving at super speed. My character runs really fast, all the monsters are moving really fast, and i seem to glitch back to where I am supposed to be after walking for a while. It is not even playable like this.

It doesn't seem to be effecting other people on the server, so it must be something on my end?

Is there a setting that I need to change or something to fix this? :/
Post edited by Ilah - Archosaur on

Comments

• PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited February 2011
  • Ilah - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Thank you. However, that doesn't quite work.

In my Task Manager, when I right click elementclient.exe, there is no option to "Set Affinity" and uncheck a core.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5582/perfectwhelp1.png

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5714/perfectwhelp2.png

Maybe those shots will help?
  • DylanMD - Heavens Tear
    DylanMD - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm having the same problem I have great internet connection and speed but it won't want to connect to the server. The thing that pampered posted was for computers with duel processors so it won't help our problem. It may have to do with the antivirus protection on our computers but i'm not to sure about that because sometimes it will play and then it won't connect to the server after logging back on. This is problem is starting to become a headache
  • nanamango
    nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @Ilah - Archosaur & DylanMD - Heavens Tear

Please try restarting your PC and network hardware. Once you have done that make sure to verify your files and then try logging into the game. Let us know if that works! b:bye
  • DylanMD - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    NanaMango wrote: »
    @Ilah - Archosaur & DylanMD - Heavens Tear

Please try restarting your PC and network hardware. Once you have done that make sure to verify your files and then try logging into the game. Let us know if that works! b:bye

Trust me i have done that already and the computer restarting works sometimes and sometimes it won't but i already did the verifying the files so that didn't do much
  • Ilah - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Just like DylanMD, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Also, I've already changed the compatibility settings to Windows 2000 instead of Windows XP, as some of the other threads suggested for windows 7 and Vista users. The problem is still there.
  • DylanMD - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    think i finally found a solution to this problem if you go to the settings and click on the omptimize button it will set the settings that will allow faster play and so far it seems to also let me log on with no problems but when actually get on there you can always switch the settings to however you want it
  • DylanMD - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    I take that back maybe it doesn't work i tried it a little while ago and it worked but tried it just now and I'm back to square one
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    <Blah blah snip>

May I ask what computer is this? My laptop does the same when the game is opened in Full Screen. I avoid this problem by running Windowed Mode.
    NanaMango wrote: »
    stuff

Hai. b:bye (New GM, I'm guessing?)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Korrok - Harshlands
    Korrok - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You might try updating your chipset drivers if possible. I've honestly never heard of this problem happening on
    single-core machines.

EDIT: It looks like you're not running a single core machine. Are you logged in as administrator? If not, try logging in as administrator and then try to set your processor affinity.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Super duper objection time.
    I've honestly never heard of this problem happening on single-core machines.
    Actually, you just did. Lampshaded with the example of my laptop. While I didn't say which laptop was, it's a Dell Vostro 1520 with a single core and it exhibits this symptom.
    It looks like you're not running a single core machine. Are you logged in as administrator?
    Again, wrong. I took the liberty of taking screenshots from both my computers. The previously mentioned laptop, and my desktop which has a dual core CPU.

Laptop
    Desktop

If you look back at Ilah's screenshots, you can see that the task manager has administrative rights. My shots show that I didn't have administrative rights, thus also shotting down that suggestion.

And with that... I rest my case.b:shocked
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • buffalow
    buffalow Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I just want to say that I appreciate the information concerning the glitch. In this case, that was my problem with the 2 CPU's running. And now my perfect world's running perfectly!

Thanks a lot!

Very much appreciated.

Oh and yes! I want to reply on the problem with the "Cannot connect to server" bug. You need to right click your Perfect World icon and say Properties. Then click the tab "Compatibility". Then Run this program compatible for Vista. Well I did it with my Windows 7 that gave me that problem and it worked. Good luck!
  • Ilah - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    @Yukkuri I thoroughly enjoyed this diagnosis. xD Yes, I have a laptop. Yes, it was a fullscreen mode problem all along.

@buffalo OH. Thanks. :) I didn't realize it needed to be on Vista. xD
  • DylanMD - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    buffalow wrote: »
    I just want to say that I appreciate the information concerning the glitch. In this case, that was my problem with the 2 CPU's running. And now my perfect world's running perfectly!

Thanks a lot!

Very much appreciated.

Oh and yes! I want to reply on the problem with the "Cannot connect to server" bug. You need to right click your Perfect World icon and say Properties. Then click the tab "Compatibility". Then Run this program compatible for Vista. Well I did it with my Windows 7 that gave me that problem and it worked. Good luck!

I don't have 2 CPUs but the Compatibility was set on windows xp on my windows 7 and i changed to windows vista and now it works perfectly