Challenge 2 P(WI)NTM 2011

2»

Comments

• pwicontest
    pwicontest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011

2uei9er.png

Susylu - Nice composition. The bubble looks very cool, like a big natural throne. Only downside is the way her face was covered, if only the angle was a little different it would have be perfect.

Crystalynnex - You were the only one in my opinion that pulled off the "Queen" look; the dress worked, the setting and the stance translated into a very nice shot! You were top in my list :)

Dorset- personaly this shot didnt work for me. i think its because it hardly showed your char! brilliant concept but like i said it would have been perfect if you can see her face. nice fashion though.

wvziv5.png

Susylu - It was a hard one to pull off, and the story you submitted with it was great. Outfit choice was also great, screenshot, excellent. Only downside is that without the little description I'm not sure I would have understood it if someone asked me which queen it was.

Crystalynnex - I love this picture, it's a really pretty shot, the colours are wonderful. It exudes a dreamy effect. I can feel a bit of queen, but I couldn't tell it was a Queen of Dreams, even with the description (thumbs up for the description though, well composed imo). Good job however! I'd love it as a wallpaper! xD

Dorset- i think you did a brilliant job with the story you submitted but i agree with su without the description it would be unclear which queen you represented

sys9ip.png

Susylu - This is actually one of my top three. The background could have used something else (or maybe just snow coming down) and could have been a tad brighter... but I really do get the sense of her being one with the snow.

Cryatalynnex - The background looked a bit.. lopsided to me, it's the slope on the right i think, and the mob kind of threw it off. But it did match your description and the element well. Though maybe a more scenic background would've propelled you to the top. (But you did have time constraints, so grats on pulling this one off so soon)

Dorset- Great pic. a little unimaginative but i like how you used your wings to great effect here and i know your time was limited. good job

16032e.png

Susylu - Highly active shot, nice working with heaven's flame for the dragons effect. If only the timing/angle was a little different so that the dragons were positioned better, I think it would have been easily one of my top favorites.

Crystalynnex - I like the heaven's flame bit on there; looks like she was summoning a minion of sorts. II like the vibrancy of the colours, though it seemed you weren't the focus of this shot; the dragon kinda outshone you and you became part of the background instead. And the angle was a bit off imo. Otherwise, it was well composed.

Dorset- this was actually in the top two of my choices and i love it a lot. if you cant get into hell its pretty hard to find good lava shots so bravo. i love how you used the heavens flame to great effect and showed the red mist coming off the lava. its like your char is summoning a dragon from the lava.
  • pwicontest
    edited February 2011

fucgig.png

Susylu - You have a good eye for scenery, but this time you weren't involved in it. I had thought Earth also meant like literal earth and dirt, but your take on it as the grass and trees was surprising and great... its just it doesn't speak to me as much as your last entry.

Crystalynnex - Nice background, good angle and colours, but you just standing there makes me go "hmm?" It's quite a dull shot action-wise, but everything else works nicely. I hope you can pull something off more creatively next time :)

Dorset- its a beautiful shot but it didnt say Queen of Earth to me ...i think because like su said i also had thought of cracked earth and rock instead of trees. still an amazing shot and you show great talent with screenshots but next time maybe think a bit more into it liek yoru first shot.

n5l4w.png

Susylu - If this wasn't a Queen challenge, I'd say your entry has a very classical feel to it and is a lovely shot. In terms of the challenge, she seems too far from the moon to be the Queen of it, and the picture itself seems lonely - but not lonely because she's the Moon Queen (most moon queens are said to be lonely/cold) but because she seems detached from it without the light which I personally associate with the moon, especially the full moon.

Crystalynnex - This would be quite a nice shot, if it wasn't entitled "Queen of the Moon". There wasn't a sort of connection between her and the moon that I would've liked to see, nor much energy in this shot. She gives more of a heartbroken aura than a queen one. It's pretty overall as a shot though so good work!

Dorset- pretty shot but i feel its a little unimaginative. it looks more romantic than queenly. it kinda made me giggle cause when i first looked at it your genie looked like some sort of crown

55lbp.png

Susylu - The only reason I didn't place your entry higher is because it didn't relate to me as the Element you were given. The screenshot itself is great, the colors are vibrant and beautiful, the pose and bubble work well. Queen of Water, Queen of Mystery - Yes. Queen of Heavenly Night - not sure. I think in this sense you were too creative for my understanding xD

Crystalynnex - Your description was actually my first reaction. I didn't get it at all. It probably would've made a nice entry for Queen of the Water, but for Heavenly Night... Not really =S I love the colours though; they're really bright and full of energy. My advice for you (and I hope you do take it), stop thinking into it too much and over-analyzing, I think that's when things would start to go South. You try so hard though and I know you can do better, so don't fail me! D: It's good to think outside of the box, but sometimes being inside the box will get you farther.

Dorset- i was dissapointed in your screenshot this week. its a wonderful shot for queen of WATER but where queen of night is concerned i didnt get it. i love the dress but the background does not say queen of heavenly night to me at all. theres not much i can say that hasnt already been mentioned by the girls.

Next week will be the beginning of a whole new challenge so refresh your minds and come back well prepared! Someone will be disqualified next week, so you better make sure it isn't going to be you!
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I saw pwicontest posted and got all excited Dx Tease!
  • HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear
    HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I saw pwicontest posted and got all excited Dx Tease!

same hereb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to nowitsawn for the epic sigb:cute
    b:heart Madly in love with Dorset b:heart
    Watching - Bring me to my knees
    Waiting - I am your disease
    Lover - set my symptom free
    Covered - You can't love me
    This is the virus, the virus of life
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Stop being a teeeaase b:cry
  • pwicontest
    edited February 2011
    Results are up, thank you for your patience :)

Please feel free to discuss the shots, share your bloopers, or even guess what the next challenge will be!

Stay tuned for next week~!
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Firstly, xxdistance, well done! Certainly very clever. I forgot the little wind mills existed until now. XD

Secondly, Temara's shot is driving me nuts. I agree with Susy with it having a classical-feel to it and I like it, too. But omg, that moon-

DOES NO ONE ELSE EVER SEE THE SEAL IN IT? XDXD

24q7jgn.jpg
    (and excuse the whiskers missing on one side...xD was something old I dug up that I'm too lazy to fix)

Anywho, .-. Queen of Dreams was hard and without the story thing, I don't think my screenie would have been understood. It was tempting to send in a wayy older screenshot that would have probably showed it better but o.< it is a challenge afterall and getting new ones is a challenge indeed. xD

I do wanna share a screenie that was kinda cool in my books. Probably would have sent this one too but you could exactly see Yana in it...and you'll see why:

20110207191615.th.png

Btw, great job everyone and can't wait for next week! <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Grats to all! b:victory

I do wanna share a screenie that was kinda cool in my books. Probably would have sent this one too but you could exactly see Yana in it...and you'll see why:

20110207191615.th.png

Btw, great job everyone and can't wait for next week! <3

I love that shot! I actually do see a queen of dreams thing going on there although you're right can't tell if its you xD

...btw I have yet to see a seal. I usually see a rabbit b:laugh
  • Twelve/am - Heavens Tear
    Twelve/am - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    HOLY COW.

I'm first this week? xD
    I need to start taking pictures inbetween shifts at work more often. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggie by Susylu, ofc. :)

I'mma girl barb... because we are gonna need barbs when the new expansion comes out. b:cute
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    these are great wonderful work everyone :D

I didnt get the angle i wanted on mine =/ the sunset onto the river was so pretty but this screen just missed it Q.Q

these are the others i was fighting my self over to send in
    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/4chan_posters/2011-02-1013-21-25.jpg
    that one kinda balances out the lopsidedness in my entry T^T
    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/4chan_posters/2011-02-1011-39-33.jpg

ive been really pushy on myself to get my face in the pictures (thought it was a requirement xD) but the wing picture is so amazing its certainly opened my eyes
  • queenblade
    queenblade Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yaaaay, second place again. At least I'm consistant. lol

One thing I noticed about tb skills is that they glitch the game... a lot... there were a few shots where my hair glitched off my head and stayed back a few feet from where it should be, or I looked like I had 2 faces x_x

I really wanted to use this shot but there were 0 bubbles... so it barely looked like she was underwater...

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/Rikaflare/2011-02-1011-15-01.jpg

There was lightning in it... lol so I was like... hrrmmm, :/ not really watery
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    oh wow thats awesome, i didnt pick the lighting one for myself as well, it didnt seem to go with snow and ice, but to me it helps pull the Queen bit into the picture, making you powerful ya know?

but i love that picture its just wow
  • Temara - Lost City
    Temara - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    xD

I am second again aswell... but counted from behind <.<"

Well guess that means I'll drop out soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thou shalt come under my command

and thy sword shalt control my fate.

I hereby swear,

I am the disposer of evil in the eternal world.
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i wouldnt count on it temara just keep on going who knows what you will come up with next week xd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    I really like B_K, cynzia, and Xainous o= gorgeous. THey all are lovely, but those 3 really stuck out to me :3
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I knew I failed lol
    I just couldnt come up with any decent imagination to my queen x__x Love the screen itself but yah, topic missed lol
    Plus I had such a busy week, I only had an hour to take screens.. And by wednesday my brain was so done for, I had no creative thought at all lol

Looking back at my screens... why the hell didnt I send this one ?? Hell, what was my brain on those days O___O'

Blooper: Holy ****, its BRIGHT! and its blinding me! ><
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Actually, the first blooper would have been a good choice IMO for heavenly night. Just seems so... serene to me. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Actually, the first blooper would have been a good choice IMO for heavenly night. Just seems so... serene to me. b:shutup

I know lol But then... its giving me headaches looking at it, and Im soooo dead sure someone would have rated it down cause of the transparency glitch in the fash lol Its annoying~
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    and its blinding me! ><

xD I like that one!

Yeah, the transparency glitch is annoying but I don't think it's as bad as when it disappears on you completely b:sweat
  • crystalynnex
    crystalynnex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011

The first one would've made a really good entry imo xD and I personally wouldn't take game glitches into account when I give a rating, so it would've been pretty high up in my list x3

Ah well, next week is a new challenge so good luck on that! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

♥ siggy by Susylu - HT

"you can compare alcohol to a woman; she can make you feel so high, or she can make you miserable that it's far beyond everything." -AL