can my mobile internet play pwi

Ass_manzoor - Heavens Tear
Ass_manzoor - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Support Desk
i have a laptop with average 10kb per sec of speed sometimes peaks till 30kb per sec.
i played pwi before using my desktop but having broadband connection. but in my laptop im connecting through mobile internet .so i was wondering whether i could play pwi in my laptop using this connection ?
Post edited by Ass_manzoor - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tagged - Lost City
    Tagged - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yes .

Because laptops are supposingly for "browsing the web" you can
    still you it as to play PW .

You just might need to put the graphics on lowest.

Cheers b:bye
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yes .

Because laptops are supposingly for "browsing the web" you can
    still you it as to play PW .

You just might need to put the graphics on lowest.

Cheers b:bye

Yeah the graphic's will need to be at absolute minimum so you don't die from lag x.x

I only know this cause I started a little baby sin on another account to plvl with my BM so I could fill two FF slots with a single computer b:shocked
  • Katozuma - Raging Tide
    Katozuma - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I have actually played pwi for like 6months using dailup in the highest graphic it ran no problem for me....with a little lag no and then.

running wasn't a problem updating it was : ( lol half of day+ updating lol
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    While you may be able to play on a slower dialup or wireless connection, ideally, you will want to play on a fast broadband wired internet connection for the best performance as mobile cell and other wireless connections are prone to interference.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    a guy who used to work with me, used to play PWI at lunch times using a 3G/wireless broadband connection - it played really well, little lag even in archosaur (this was about a year and a half ago) and it didnt even eat into his data allowance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • aussiesumi
    aussiesumi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    That depends on your area and network you're with.
    I play on 3G wireless (australia) - virgin broadband. Most companies will provide you with network coverage information. Do check this out. If you don't you may have wasted hard earnt money for nothing.

If you're having trouble with lag, test different areas of your house. Certain things will interfer with the connection... Also weather can play a factor too.b:sad

You may need to dull down the graphics if you're still too laggy... But I play on my pc with them cranked all the way up and don't have an issue cept for archo (to be expected).b:pleased
  • High_Lord - Heavens Tear
    High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I have done this occasionally to. It isn't the best, but it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~