rank 8 and rank9

doomsord
doomsord Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Wizard
Hi everyone i got sword rank 8 +10 and my mag atK= 15.5k to 18k can anyone tell me how match it will be if i get the rank9 +10 . how match will be the difference in the mag atk.
thanks.
Post edited by doomsord on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    well, for once you're going to have 30% more dmg just from weapon stat.
    Then being a higher grade, it should refine better. pwcalc.ru doesn't give the right refines progression, but since It's about 2 grades ( I'm to lazy to check) higher than rank8 should have better stats refined.
    Anyway, you cannot ever go wrong with it vs the Rank8 sword. I would trade it in a split second if I could.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Satchiko - Dreamweaver
    Satchiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Grade 16 weapons refine the same as grade 14 actually.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yea, even with the g15 from nirvana (pretty sure) they all refine the same. Just that they have different bases when at 0 refines. Rank 9 is the best option even over warsoul (unless you're too dumb to get r9 armor).
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    g15 nirvana refines better than g14 r8 [confirmed]
    g13 nirvana refines like g15 nirvana [confirmed]
    the rest of g13 refine worse than g14 [confirmed]
    g16 r9 and warsoul refines like g14 r8 [based on pwidb]

note that with g16 weapons u cant use attack charms.

about OP's question, duh, obviously r9 is better with the same refines.
    the real question is if it's worth it to get the r9 weapon or refine more etc to gain more with the same $$.
  • Stubbie - Heavens Tear
    Stubbie - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b:surrenderwut a fish doing here
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b:surrenderwut a fish doing here

math.
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Speaking from experience in refining alot....refining R9 was suprisingly not as good as i thought it would be. It barely increased the mattack compared to my R8 weapon. The R8 weapon has 2187-2456 at +12, the R9 has 2250-2534. That isnt even 100 more which i was surprised about. Also I cant use attack charms!!!!!!!!!! However, the damage output is FREAKING **** compared to R8. I am very happy with my full R9 set because I have 94 attack levels which adds alot of damage obv.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    math.

lolb:cute
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Speaking from experience in refining alot....refining R9 was suprisingly not as good as i thought it would be. It barely increased the mattack compared to my R8 weapon. The R8 weapon has 2187-2456 at +12, the R9 has 2250-2534. That isnt even 100 more which i was surprised about. Also I cant use attack charms!!!!!!!!!! However, the damage output is FREAKING **** compared to R8. I am very happy with my full R9 set because I have 94 attack levels which adds alot of damage obv.

b:shockedBiggy in TW
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • clashmonster
    clashmonster Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @biggyluv by sayin 94attack levels, does that mean u nearly doubled your damage output? say for example, u hit a barb with a gush for 10k damage, by using r9 set, u'l be raising it up to 19k?
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Atk lvl has a diminishing returns effect(i think tht was the right a/effect). After you ahve 66more atk lvls then your opponent has defesne lvls. You dont actually hit any harder. so hitting a barb for 10k with your r8 0atk lvl would make you hit around 16.6k with teh r9 weap and 94atk lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Atk lvl has a diminishing returns effect(i think tht was the right a/effect). After you ahve 66more atk lvls then your opponent has defesne lvls. You dont actually hit any harder. so hitting a barb for 10k with your r8 0atk lvl would make you hit around 16.6k with teh r9 weap and 94atk lvl.

no. Atk level is summed up and then added to your base damage. So 100 atk level would do double the damage as if you had no atk level at all. However there is this bad assumption going around that it compounds.. so if then you got another 100 atk lvl (lol good luck getting 200 atk lvl), you would be doing 3 times your original damage, but only 1.5 times the damage you did at 100 atk lvl.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Well in testing with my sin, from 66 to 90 atk lvl showed no difference in my pvp damage. on a bm with 0 defense lvl. But i could be wrong. If it really does compound then atk lvl pretty much breaks pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well in testing with my sin, from 66 to 90 atk lvl showed no difference in my pvp damage. on a bm with 0 defense lvl. But i could be wrong. If it really does compound then atk lvl pretty much breaks pvp.

It doesn't compound. And it most certainly does show a difference in damage from 66 to 90 atk lvl, try taking off your weapon so you have constant damage and then test.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    i was trying witha lvl1 weap. but i'll try without it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    ima just get back in game and grind more for gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    stop trolling the forum nurfed_you and grind more DQ, we both need more medals and our spot is free atm :P

and yeah, nurfed_you is in same faction as me, and he has r8+10 and i got r9+10 and i hit roughly 50% harder then him because of the attack levels, altho it's hard for me to see if over 66 will make a difference because i will drop to 60 once i unequip my weapon. i think only sins can confirm this
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    stop trolling the forum nurfed_you and grind more DQ, we both need more medals and our spot is free atm :P

and yeah, nurfed_you is in same faction as me, and he has r8+10 and i got r9+10 and i hit roughly 50% harder then him because of the attack levels, altho it's hard for me to see if over 66 will make a difference because i will drop to 60 once i unequip my weapon. i think only sins can confirm this

I love how your goal build is a +10 beefslicer. Might wanna update your sig.
    Btw, you could also test using frenzy/using a dif wep/taking off Jones Blessing?

But the best test would be weaponless bc the difference between min/max damage is 0 then.
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Updated my sig just for you :)

btw i can't damage test atm. I didn't farm my rank 9 boots yet, so if i loose my weapon, i will actually loose 20 attack levels.

What i can test atm is base 50 attack levels and then 70 with frenzy, then calculate if it does give 20% extra damage. I wil lreport back with the results

nvm this. if i remove my weapon i will drop to 30 attack level, so frenzy will give me 50, which doesn't test the theory behind the attack levels atm
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • gilnunes
    gilnunes Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    what is the NPC u can buy r8 gear? heard he's in 1k Streams, what's his name/coords? thanks.
  • Cacie - Sanctuary
    Cacie - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Nearby the elder in 1k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesh_ - Raging Tide
    Aesh_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Didn't really read through the posts.

But do u mean the full gear R9 / R8 or only the weapon?

For the weapon i'd say the adds on the R9 are way better. For example the -channel will definitly help u do more dmg in shorter time.

If u go for the gear... don't know much about that. Though i'd say that the R9 att lvl bonus is real nice.....

Hope it helps and goodluck with choosing
This discussion has been closed.