Psychic in FCC

Options
PsyVic - Sanctuary
PsyVic - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Psychic
since im 85 i tried few FCCs(frost covered city)

and i noticed there is no point for us to use black voodoo when barb gather many mobs
i meet 1 barb who could hold agro,
rest of the times i died becouse after his roar my first aoe took agro off from most of the mobs

so after a second FCC i tried to use white voodoo, and i did noticed it works just fine.
my combo for that mobs is: red tide , glacial shards, earth vector(if i have enough chi),sandburst blast, aqua cannon......
i almost never steal agro off the mobs, and even if somehow with white voodoo and bb i can easly survive that.
that was just my 2 cents to help u guys

P.S. bout bh69 i got a simple trick i love to do
at Pole/Nob when some1 pull boss i put white voodoo on, soul of retaliation and before barb atk barb i atk him. sometimes he use his debuff skill which is reflected on him.
after that i cast black voodoo, tell barb to use roar as much as he can, spark and hit him as much as i can. mostly we do like 50% of his hp in 20-30 sec:)

P.S.2
we are rly good in rebirth btw.
i tried few gammas and 1 3 stage delta so far
what i notice is we do veno role in gamma, then after second boss we done with celebeans so we can go help dd with others.
with dc of wizz we can become him for few waves(never tried to do full run as wizz)

in delta i talked with few friends and they told me they would like to take me instead of archer, becouse of our stun, immobilize, -accurace aoes and buffs, oh and aoe heal for bad moments

i hope i could helpb:pleased
Post edited by PsyVic - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    what level is your white voodoo and what is the atk lvl decrease?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wait for the tank ot get some agro and use your dot sometime u wont steal agro

it not a race take your time
    in a full frost squad if everyone aoe the mobs will die after your first aoe
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    personally im running fc black voodood all time... there is single occasions im switching to white voodoo - like we screwed stun coordination and i got half the pull towards me

as a rule of thumb: the better the bm in ur grp , the easier for all to kill packs.
    timing ur aoe skills on dg can get u nice results , making me able to kill pulls alone.

as a little tip on skill usage , try this : earth vector , glacial , earth aoe(dunno name atm, is nearlsy 5am) , this way nearly all mobs get a 2nd stun/immob , adding overall stun chance for the squad- and having max dmg available - mobs should be dead after those 3 skills anyway

this way u will always have 1 spark for psychic will

some other things like emp vigor for barbs and sutra + aoes on ghost heads found their way in my everyday fcs and the ppl i play with more often get used to and relie more and more on psychic potentials in fc squads
  • Deathflow - Dreamweaver
    Deathflow - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    White Voodoo when maxed is -99 atk lvl ...
  • Symce - Raging Tide
    Symce - Raging Tide Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Bring a BM with you.

I ran many times with different setups. But we always bring a BM/Cleric/Barb standard. Usually a veno too (if we can find em) rest doesn't matter.

Let the barb gather the mobs and roar, cleric sets up BB (if needed) BM stuns the mobs/debuffs them. The moment you see the dragons popping up throw in your own stun (earth vector) followup with sandburst. Usually mobs are dead by then, if not I throw in some other aoe, like glacial.

I almost never die. And we complete runs under 80-ish minutes all the time (if no one decides to go afk for extended amounts of time)

Never white-voodoo, that's a waste of time. You can try to get maxed out chi for the big mob pull in the wraith-army (the boss with the hands) room. That way if something screws up, use Psy will (since all mobs are physical) and throw in a few more aoe's while lolling at all the resists popping up by the mobs hitting you.
    "Anger is my shield."

"Alta alatis patent"
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    White voodoo at big pull is most stupid thing I heard

you WILL get your barb and bm killed due to not kill quick enough lead to party wipe someday, it doesn't happen yet doesnt mean it wont.

AOE after the BM HF, have absolute domain on your genie and max out psychic will, problem solved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsyVic - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    problem with black voodoo is, u lose bout 15% of youre def for 20% of youre atk and if u dont use aoe with youre archer/bm/wizz/other dds in the same time, or some1 to scared to die will not use aoe u will die.....

belive me with white voodoo even if it says it decrease youre atk lvl by99 it takes like 60-70% of youre atk power.

with my normal aoe hits full buffed i deal like 12-15k dmg. up to wich skill what mobs resist

with white voodoo i deal like 3-5k and 2x with crit. but im sure i dont steal agro even if barb have lag or anything. even if few mobs go in my way they deal like 100-200 dmg to me with bb on.

and still makes u able to stun, immobilize or whatever.

normaly with me in squad mobs doesnt take longer then my/ bm stun.
    but if they do they doesnt deal enough dmg to take me down before next stun/dmg is dealt to them.

with good squad i could posibly try black one and take them down before they reach me but what for? 5 sec on group of mobs doesnt make any fcc run longer.

btw u know that groups of mobs with ninetails around. they immoblize whole party. we are even better then bm with them:)
    i used to cast my earth vector>sandburst>glacial on them and good bm stun them after my stun come off. its rly good combo for themb:victory

i hope i could helpb:bye
  • Symce - Raging Tide
    Symce - Raging Tide Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I still dont understand why you need white voodoo.

I've been in FC since lvl 82-ish, never had to use white voodoo.

Either your BM is terrible, you run without one, or you don't know how to time your aoes. It's gotta be one of those because I can't wrap my head around the fact you use white voodoo...

Long story short: with most groups even 1 aoe suffices to kill groups of mobs, sometimes 2, and that's it. You can't tell me it takes 5 seconds longer. I saw you name like 5-6 different aoes.

Not to flame you or anything, but you're giving other Psys wrong advice to run FC, and the above advice can get multiple people killed + make people leave you out of FC-runs because you don't know what your role is.

Also, why would I care about 15% Def?!?!? Tell me this? I never get hit, lol. And if somehow some stray mobs do get lose I got Psy will. Again, no need to nerf my aoe damage by 75%

Btw many times me and BM basically were only people aoe-ing and we still had no issues whatsoever. Psys rock in FC, if you know how to play them.
    "Anger is my shield."

"Alta alatis patent"
  • Anemone_ - Harshlands
    Anemone_ - Harshlands Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    personally im running fc black voodood all time... there is single occasions im switching to white voodoo - like we screwed stun coordination and i got half the pull towards me

as a rule of thumb: the better the bm in ur grp , the easier for all to kill packs.
    timing ur aoe skills on dg can get u nice results , making me able to kill pulls alone.

as a little tip on skill usage , try this : earth vector , glacial , earth aoe(dunno name atm, is nearlsy 5am) , this way nearly all mobs get a 2nd stun/immob , adding overall stun chance for the squad- and having max dmg available - mobs should be dead after those 3 skills anyway

this way u will always have 1 spark for psychic will

some other things like emp vigor for barbs and sutra + aoes on ghost heads found their way in my everyday fcs and the ppl i play with more often get used to and relie more and more on psychic potentials in fc squads

She's exactly right.

I always use black voodoo unless say the tanks die to a boss and I have to charm **** myself in white voodoo for the rest of the fight. (Happens a lot sometimes b:angry)

And if I have 1 recommendation for you it's to get the genie move Absolute Domain, I can't tell you how many times that one skill saves my life.

It will give you enough time to buff yourself with Psychic Will, Then it's like a 8 second countdown, You either kill the mobs in that time or bite the big one. b:chuckle
    Who doesn't love pie!?
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    problem with black voodoo is, u lose bout 15% of youre def for 20% of youre atk
    11 of your def lvl and 22 of your atk lvl, problem with white voodoo is you lost 99 of your atk lvl.
    d if u dont use aoe with youre archer/bm/wizz/other dds in the same time, or some1 to scared to die will not use aoe u will die.....
    I'm pretty sure you mean you are scared to die hence you glimpse down your damage rather than you choose to time your AOE and you would rather let the other DDer draw agro and die in case it should happen since it had nothing to do with your well being. am I close?
    and still makes u able to stun, immobilize or whatever.
    Are you mess up with your job or something? the idea of bringing a psy along in FCC is for AOE damage without the need of getting spark, the side effect of your aoe is nice to boost but it's not the mean of your existence in FCC run.

with good squad i could posibly try black one and take them down before they reach me but what for? 5 sec on group of mobs doesnt make any fcc run longer.
    With good squad and you putting on white voodoo the whole run, I'm pretty sure they can do it even without you, I would be honest and say a psy putting on white voodoo during big pull is like a wizard with a broken weap doing Dragon Breath (hey he dont steal agro, isn't that nice )
    tw u know that groups of mobs with ninetails around. they immoblize whole party. we are even better then bm with them:)
    i used to cast my earth vector>sandburst>glacial on them and good bm stun them after my stun come off. its rly good combo for them

Good BM would run in and stun before you have a chance to cast of your skill, good sin would shadow tele in and stun the bishop before you even get in range. even though wat you say is widely used and most psy do it even without you have to tell them, but are you aware that Earth Vector have 15% chance to fail which, statistically, mean you have 75% chance to fail stun the group of 4 fox and 1 bishop? look at reality, it happen, it's irritating, but it's not 100% chance to stun and there are time you fail to stun all of them. Dont get ahead of yourself and let other do the job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsyVic - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    first thing
    im not using it all the time only on big pulls
    second thing
    many bms cant stun
    third thing
    many ppl got lags in fcc(barb roar to slow= dead, bm stun to slow=dead)

to be honest psychic dont need much to die in fcc
    8-10 mobs is enough to kill u before even cleric notice
    and pls dont get mad what im saying its just all what ive exped in fcc
    today i did fcc again died once and i told them im going into white voodoo

there is no point for u to die at big pulls, thats what for we go there becouse its huuuuuugeeee exp

btw, at whole fcc i miss stun on bishop maybe 1-2 times sometimes none
    so its not so badb:surrender
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    First thing, using white voodoo on big pulls is the most idiotic thing I heard, as I stated in #7 ytd.

Second thing, bm cant stun?and many of them? damn that make me rofl.

Third thing, that's why I'm telling you to time your AOE, wait after they start roar, stun and heaven flame. Just wat kind of dummy would start DD even before the barb start to roar? you? is it so hard waiting for the heaven flame animation appear to start clickin your aoe button?

What you exped in fcc is common and all psychic at your lvl exped it, but I swear you are the only one come up with a bad solution and giving out bad advice. I dare to say that your way of playing will cause wipe to numerous squad with psy in them.

and so, you miss stun on 1~2 bishop on the total of 4~5 bishop and the whole squad got paralyze, the fox run toward you and they gotta wait 6 sec eating damage from them because of you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eemukas1
    eemukas1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    First thing which i do on big pulls with my psy - i whait for barb roar, Bm stun, then i am using psychic will - (last 8 seconds and make me imune to physic attacks) . Then i can attack mobs with all force i have. sureley with black woodo on me. 8 sec is more than enough for me to kill them all. Even if i get agro of 30 mobs i still survive. that makes fc runs fast and smooth.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    the ONLY time u should be in white in FC runs is if YOUR doing all the pulls in frost, which is comptly possible and makes barbs kinda obsolete for frost >_> only thing they good for is buffs in frost ijs.....
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Andrewhall - Raging Tide
    Andrewhall - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I always use Black voodoo( the one that increases att lvl) in FC, simply follow barb on pulls, when mobs are being rounded up to stop place use psy will and watch mobs fall, if nessecary use AD to give u extra invincibility. that way u have max DD with little riskb:pleased
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Black Voodoo, Psy Will as HF starts, Glacial Shards, Earth Vector, Sandburst. If somehow still alive (means something went wrong) Aqua Cannon, holy path a bit.

Fun fact, the big pull in FCC room resets at the door.
    Another fun fact, even psy base speed is fast enough to continuously kite them until things get sorted out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    For suicidal, 100+, psys: triple spark, CE, Frenzy, Stone Smasher
    skip Frenzy if u dont have a 210hp genie or usea chi pot
    if u used a chi pot u could psy will to be a bit more safe xd
  • LittIewg - Heavens Tear
    LittIewg - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

and i noticed there is no point for us to use black voodoo when barb gather many mobs
    rest of the times i died becouse after his roar my first aoe took agro off from most of the mobs

so after a second FCC i tried to use white voodoo, and i did noticed it works just fine.
    my combo for that mobs is: red tide , glacial shards, earth vector(if i have enough chi),sandburst blast, aqua cannon......
    i almost never steal agro off the mobs, and even if somehow with white voodoo and bb i can easly survive that.

P.S. bout bh69 i got a simple trick i love to do
    at Pole/Nob when some1 pull boss i put white voodoo on, soul of retaliation and before barb atk barb i atk him. sometimes he use his debuff skill which is reflected on him.
    after that i cast black voodoo, tell barb to use roar as much as he can, spark and hit him as much as i can. mostly we do like 50% of his hp in 20-30 sec:)

P.S.2
    we are rly good in rebirth btw.
    i tried few gammas and 1 3 stage delta so far
    what i notice is we do veno role in gamma, then after second boss we done with celebeans so we can go help dd with others.
    with dc of wizz we can become him for few waves(never tried to do full run as wizz)

in delta i talked with few friends and they told me they would like to take me instead of archer, becouse of our stun, immobilize, -accurace aoes and buffs, oh and aoe heal for bad moments

i hope i could helpb:pleased

Im going 2 ignore everything u said. Why? Because u said you use RedTide in white voodoo. Your role is to DD,Not do 2k damage and let everyone else die because u hit like a HA cleric. Sorry im being mean but my patience runs thin with psys who have no idea what there talking about. At your lvl,By the time I finished DD'ing all the mobs were dead. But one thing im curious about,Why use a 2 spark skill such as RedTide(in white voodoo). When u have much better skills to waste sparks on,Such as psy will/EarthVector :) b:shutup
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Im going 2 ignore everything u said. Why? Because u said you use RedTide in white voodoo. Your role is to DD,Not do 2k damage and let everyone else die because u hit like a HA cleric. Sorry im being mean but my patience runs thin with psys who have no idea what there talking about. At your lvl,By the time I finished DD'ing all the mobs were dead. But one thing im curious about,Why use a 2 spark skill such as RedTide(in white voodoo). When u have much better skills to waste sparks on,Such as psy will/EarthVector :) b:shutup

eh, the usual "but i'll bleed theeem" rright, like they will stay alive for 9sec to take what, 15kdmg?
  • _Myrina_ - Raging Tide
    _Myrina_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

you are a dd'er, as in 'damage dealer' as in everyone in the squad is counting on you (and other dd) to kill stuff fast. if you need to use 5 spells to kill mobs it is because the dd'ers (meaning you) arent doing their job or they are too low level (imo squads shouldn't use <80 dd'ers whenever possible) the longer it takes to kill that horde of mobs, the more likely everyone will die. Personally, i dont think red tide should be used in FC, if it doesnt catch the bleed, it does less damage than other skills and I dont think there are any fire mobs in FC (the only time i'd recommend using red tide)

white voodoo is a damage control skill, like when the barb dies a & all hell breaks out, or maybe with a nasty boss AOE (I do sometimes use white on Pole or Nob),or occasionally if a bm or veno pet is tanking and they cant hold aggro well.
  • Mictain - Dreamweaver
    Mictain - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Now, I will give the OP some saving grace. I'm not sure about other servers, but I have come across a few...how shall we say clueless BMs, that especially in the Head Room don't stun on the big pull, and if that's coupled with a Barb not Invoking then it spells surefire death for a psy I'm afraid.

I love Black Voodoo, and big numbers to boot...but I've learn my lesson about being eager to explode on the mobs when I'm not familiar with the people who are set up as MY first line of defense. Does that mean I say run a whole FC in White? No...that's just silly (chu silly), but I do say it's not wrong to switch to White if you get to a large pull and notice other people aren't doing their jobs. Is it selfish? Maybe, but in the end aren't they being selfish by not doing their job? That's why Black and White Voodoo have such a fast casting time, keep them hotkeyed so you can switch between them fast ^^;

I'm not eager to die because someone didn't do their job. The only time I'm eager to die is if I'm protecting a cleric who's trying to save a squad...because that my friends is a noble death, worthy of a flashy over-the-top kamakazi maneuver only truly possible through a psychic!
  • Cacophony - Lost City
    Cacophony - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Just stay in black permanently and use domain/expel/psy's will if things to bad/when you take aggro. It works everytime :3
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Our psy (when i was on my sin) just used black voodoo, and used Earth Vector to stunn the mobs. We ran without a BM, just 2 sins, barb, wizzie, cleric and psy. (randoms)

The only one that died was other sin cause of a lagspike (orange circles). Psy with black and earth vector works perfect. And she didn't take aggro.

A good psy with a good sq who know what they're doing is just awesome. Sins clean up, barb pulls, psy stuns, whiz aoe's the **** out of everything and cleric does as usual. Done.
  • Blood_Junky - Harshlands
    Blood_Junky - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm only 82 but I managed not to muck up any pulls in FC in black, Just wait till someone with a little more survivability aoes and do it right after them if you have to and the mobs should be pretty near if not dead. And if you do pull aggro switch to white(only if you really think you have too, like maybe the tank goes down (not likely with a decent cleric)). Or when you see that big group of melee mobs coming towards you use psy will and AoE. Bam dead. If the clerics in BB and you have good food you shouldnt even have trouble with dying. I dont. The last boss I get stuck on hand duty though cuz I have to do that in white >.<
  • Blood_Junky - Harshlands
    Blood_Junky - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The only time I'm eager to die is if I'm protecting a cleric who's trying to save a squad...because that my friends is a noble death, worthy of a flashy over-the-top kamakazi maneuver only truly possible through a psychic!

LOL well said ^^