+30 Atk Lvl... we nid +30 Def lvl too...

SK_Takeuchi - Archosaur
SK_Takeuchi - Archosaur Posts: 37 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I'm not an English person...

i just want to suggest about having +30def lvl blessing also, so that people can choose which one they want (Atk lvl +30 which is Jones Blessing and Def lvl +30 not existing yet) especially this time, a lot of OP players has been born like r9 assassins, having an OP players can ruin an enjoyment on this game.

being 1 shot or 2 shot is not fun.... its totally boring...

its really boring and i feel down every-time i go to PK on west,
this is for the sake of all players who only desired to enjoy playing...

i hope u hear my suggestion and consider it...

thanks.... and were waiting....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Former Leader of Sleeping Forest....
Descendant from heaven...

SKY KING: Takeuchi Sora
Post edited by SK_Takeuchi - Archosaur on

Comments

• marzyciel
    marzyciel Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I agree with you and its good idea, and the idea about choosing between is also good.
    though i am not sure if that would be much of a help,
    R9 sins would probably still one shot you, correct me if im wrong.
    I przyjdzie dzień radosny...
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    or at least 15/15 like that anni bless.

but ye 30 def lvl plz
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You still would be 1 shotted by r9`s but def blessing is a good idea, provides better tanking opportunities, or at least like Templar said anny blessing, it`s better than jone`s imo.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    30 attack levels makes people's charms tick more. 30 defense levels would make people's charms tick less. You do the math why they'll never let people have 30 defense level blessings.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • marzyciel
    marzyciel Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    cheer up,
    you still got attendance blessing which gives like what, 8 def?
    b:surrender
    I przyjdzie dzień radosny...
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    In my case i would tick more with 30 def lvl bless, also some people would die harder so i think its same in both cases we will tick..

devs/gms are just lazy to add it i think b:sad
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ya, kill 30k charm and buffed barb with 30def lvl... or see +10 nirv daggers sins solo again 3-3.
    No ty. I know it gives weat dreams to some of the farmers that had their way before TT was nerfed but no, just no.
    30 attk lvl it's just fine. It's the only real thing that helps ranged classes in PvP, and even some of the posters in this topic admitted that a while back.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    15/15 at least b:sad
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    then everyone will have it and we're back to 0/0.

Don't get me wrong, 30 def lvl will make my 5 aps BM jump around for joy.
    But will make this wiz 50% more useless than already is, lol

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    agree with Ursa here. as much as i dont like my high charm bills for Tw.

sins and 5.0 bm's have it easy enough pve. give them +30 def bless and they solo farms 3-3 again easy.

+30 attack or nothing. no defence..
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011

+30 def is the least they can do after giving free rank8 and already having +30 attack.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    you're kidding, right?
    tell me you're kidding cause usually you had at least a trace of intelligence in your posts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    How about a +30 defense blessing that pops into your inventory upon entering TW?

Kind of like how the dominance blessing did in instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hl/ - Harshlands23
    Hl/ - Harshlands23 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Threads like this make me die a little inside.

Let's talk about the Jones's Blessings.

How do you get them?
    You log into the website. Then you click the link, press ONE button, it puts spam on your facebook, and you're done. The mail is sent INSTANTLY to your chosen toon.

SO WHY ARE YOU WHINING ABOUT THEM!?

It is HONESTLY that hard to MAKE a Facebook Account, go there, fill out the information, and press on one button? Why are you crying over something that almost anybody can get a hold of, without having to put their wallets on the chopping block?

What is there to QQ about?! So your enemy gets +30 attack levels.....so? If you weren't too lazy to fill out the information and press one button, you'd have it too! If you don't like something that's absolutely easy to obtain....why are you even here? Literally everything else is painstakingly difficult to get without a wallet or serious hours of investment....and you want to whine about the one thing they hand you over on a silver platter?

[/facepalm]

You're better off whining about Rank...at least that's something worth whining over.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    They give you an awesome weapon and you demand equally awesome armor. Why bother even playing the game? Play a multi-player arena FPS and all your issues are resolved, or buck it up and get better armor.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited February 2011

ya, kill 30k charm and buffed barb with 30def lvl... or see +10 nirv daggers sins solo again 3-3.
    No ty. I know it gives weat dreams to some of the farmers that had their way before TT was nerfed but no, just no.
    30 attk lvl it's just fine. It's the only real thing that helps ranged classes in PvP, and even some of the posters in this topic admitted that a while back.

Gotta say seems like you don't know the game very well. The +30 attack blessing helps farmers more than anything, and there is a dmg gap with aps and non, the attack levels just widens the gap. Yes it helps the assasins. LA are mostly a one shot to wizards anyway. A 15/15 or 0/30 would bring a balance.

My only concern is control classes could effectively change what blessing they used. It would almost be like white / black voodoo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    or buck it up and get better armor.

Fuzzy doesn't see this as the answer.

Using the +8 school def blessing and with a full set of +7 - +10 Lunar Nirvana armour, all socketed with +2 def lvl shards it is still challenging for the panda to stay alive vs. some of the higher refined rank stuff running around these days.

Those who pointed out about a +30 def blessing making pve silly easy for 5aps bm/sin have an excellent point, and it is for this reason Fuzzy is against such a blessing. They tank enough things as it is. Give em +30 def and the next thing you will see is 5bm's + a cleric running rebirth. b:shocked

That being said, it was a little easier on Fuzzy's charm and apoth stacks when using the anniversary 15/15 blessing. It would be nice to have a method of acquiring that one, even if would take more than a few clicks and a facebook message.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Martiin - Archosaur
    Martiin - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm not an English person...

i just want to suggest about having +30def lvl blessing also, so that people can choose which one they want (Atk lvl +30 which is Jones Blessing and Def lvl +30 not existing yet) especially this time, a lot of OP players has been born like r9 assassins, having an OP players can ruin an enjoyment on this game.

being 1 shot or 2 shot is not fun.... its totally boring...

its really boring and i feel down every-time i go to PK on west,
    this is for the sake of all players who only desired to enjoy playing...

i hope u hear my suggestion and consider it...

thanks.... and were waiting....

Wow, this coming from a r9 bm that one shots others at west. I don't get why your complaining? Are you mad that after all you did for your gear, you can still die? +30 def lvl should be implemented only for barbs, that I would be fine with.
    (anonymous) "If pwi brings out rank sale again, I will def increase my spending limit." Marketing, learn it, master it, and after that stop complaining about it.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Gotta say seems like you don't know the game very well. The +30 attack blessing helps farmers more than anything, and there is a dmg gap with aps and non, the attack levels just widens the gap. Yes it helps the assasins. LA are mostly a one shot to wizards anyway. A 15/15 or 0/30 would bring a balance.

My only concern is control classes could effectively change what blessing they used. It would almost be like white / black voodoo.

really, lol. Seems you don't know what you're talking about.
    30% dmg increase yeah, helps aps classes, but with the TT nerf a 30% def lvl will be basically a free pass in there for them.
    And PvP/TW will be just .... lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    blank
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Its lol now.... With only the +30 attack blessing. Nice and all that it benefits you as a wizzard in TW, but for clerics, catabarbs and bm's it just sucks. The people that need to rely on their defence in TW are screwed over with this blessing. A small bandage on the wound is the def blessing from the teacher..
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    you're kidding, right?
    tell me you're kidding cause usually you had at least a trace of intelligence in your posts

You want an intelligent post? Okay.

Let's analyze the current pvp situation with easy rank 8 and +30 attack blessings. Rank 8 brings high damage weapons with no increase in survivability. All your damage comes from your weapon and its refine. All your survivability comes from your eight pieces of armor and their refines. Rings help both. Now, since rank 8 costs 72 gold a large majority of casters have this. What damage does rank 8 have compared to the older weapons? For all intents and purposes lets use Nature Talker.
                    |     +0      |     +5      |     +10      
    Nature Talker   |  1212-1481  |  1360-1629  |  1791-2060
    HH99            |  831-1016   |   957-1142  |  1321-1506  

Looking at the above we see that an unrefined rank 8 has similar damage to a +10 hh99 sword. Both at +10 the rank 8 provides 36% more damage. This is no different than a nirvana sword but that actually comes at a price not everyone can afford.

So now what does the gear look like of your average pvper? Massive damage and absolutely terrible defense. If you are gonna cash shop once in this game you aren't going to +10 your one piece of armor but instead will +10 that shiny new rank 8. Keeping a good offense to defense ratio is expensive and now even more so.

The biggest problem with pvp in perfect world is that weapons have become the main focus and armor is just pushed aside. HH99 doesn't cut it anymore but nirvana and rank9 armor is extremely expensive. The difference between armor and weapon didn't used to be so large but now a single piece of armor costs more than a comparable weapon.

Throw in +30 attack levels and you don't even have a glass canon anymore. You are basically now in a quantum state where if someone so much as sees you on their screen you die. What little skill there was in pvp has been reduced to who can immune for longer and who can crit or hit the high-end damage of their weapon first.

I don't want a +30 defense level because you are just stacking **** on top of more **** instead of fixing the problem but there is no way they will remove easy facebook advertisements.

You don't agree that if classes are imbalanced a better way to balance it is the class itself and not to add a blessing to try and compensate?

+30 attack level is obviously advantageous to caster classes specifically. Instead of introducing a blessing to aid casters they should fix the class itself. All a +30 attack level blessing does is skew pvp to a 1 shot or be 1 shot style. Damage basically comes from one piece of equipment where defense comes from eight. It is much easier to stack offense than it is defense. If casters have trouble killing melees they should be fixed. All a +30 attack level blessing does is introduce more luck to pvp where any crit becomes a charm bypass. Back when pvp required more skill if you wanted to bypass a charm you setup the proper conditions (55% hp, amped, etc) and them maybe you killed them. Now it's just try to survive till your 15% crit procs. In mass pvp that isn't too hard and you can just **** melees this way. There is no way to anticipate a casters crit so you are only safe while immune. If you have pvped in any other
    mmo you can easily see how flawed this style of pvp is.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You can earn your great armor faster with that atk level and rank weapon. While it may appear to cost more for armor: not so much for those who farm.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What fun is pvp when most of the time it's just one shots? it doesn't take much skill when the difference between killing or getting killed is just who gets the jump first. Getting the first hit should be an advantage but should still give the other person enough time to respond im most cases. I would love to see pvp damage reduction of an extra 50% and it might actually take more skills to kill ppl.
  • _Mizandry - Archosaur
    _Mizandry - Archosaur Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ya, they should definitely add 30 defense level charms or just replace the Jone's with them all together, rank 9 players get enough attack as it is, ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Too cold for you to keep her, Too hot for you to leave her <3
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Could make the Defence blessing cost like 50k DQ points or something. Make it something you have to EARN and people would complain less, methinks.

50k points, 1 week duration. Itd be difficult to keep that up permanently unless you played the game. Or bought it, ofc.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    really, lol. Seems you don't know what you're talking about.
    30% dmg increase yeah, helps aps classes, but with the TT nerf a 30% def lvl will be basically a free pass in there for them.
    Protip:

30 attack level =

Less time on bosses, so less chances for boss to aoe sleep/stun/purge/seal and 5 aps buff themselves

More healing from bloodpaint.

After using anniversary blessing and +30 attack level blessing I can definitely say the +30 attack level blessing is better for farming.

A mage can hit plenty hard already, especially with crazy orb sales/rep sales.

50k points, 1 week duration. Itd be difficult to keep that up permanently unless you played the game. Or bought it, ofc.
    That would be IMPOSSIBLE to keep up without buying DQ items to NPC. 50k DQ points is a lot of DQ items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lascial - Dreamweaver
    Lascial - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I still think they should just reduce damage in pvp by 90% now instead of 75%, and with all the new gear coming out that gives so much attack, just boost the base hp a bit to get around it. Hate to admit it but that's what WoW does to balance it, and so far it's worked out fairly well. Seems to me, PW is increasing damage a lot faster then Survivability, so I think a bit more hp will help with this.

As for a Def. charm, Eh, have to say I"m neutral on that. I do think though that if they make one, they should either make it as easy to get as the Attack one, or make them both harder to get.

Just my 2 Cents worth.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    make it just for clerics then? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011

The biggest problem with pvp in perfect world is that weapons have become the main focus and armor is just pushed aside. HH99 doesn't cut it anymore but nirvana and rank9 armor is extremely expensive. The difference between armor and weapon didn't used to be so large but now a single piece of armor costs more than a comparable weapon.

Exactly. So? I don't see the problem. You have 5 aps in PvE, casters have +30 attk lvls in PvP. Sure, you run ahead and +10 you weapon instead of +6-7 your gear, your choice.
    Throw in +30 attack levels and you don't even have a glass canon anymore. You are basically now in a quantum state where if someone so much as sees you on their screen you die. What little skill there was in pvp has been reduced to who can immune for longer and who can crit or hit the high-end damage of their weapon first.
    exactly, and may I remind you, Archers have here the biggest benefit.
    I don't want a +30 defense level because you are just stacking **** on top of more **** instead of fixing the problem but there is no way they will remove easy facebook advertisements.
    Are you living in Utopia?
    Where did PWI fixed anything in a fashionable manner? Which one of their action shows that the game isn't run by a buch of Down syndrome managers?
    You don't agree that if classes are imbalanced a better way to balance it is the class itself and not to add a blessing to try and compensate?
    me neither. Reset servers, give up your 5 aps, I'll give up on 30 lvl blessing. Sure , not take away the 30 lvl blessing from casters after 1.5yrs of farming with 5aps cause you couldn't save enough to have refines that will keep you alive.
    +30 attack level is obviously advantageous to caster classes specifically. Instead of introducing a blessing to aid casters they should fix the class itself. All a +30 attack level blessing does is skew pvp to a 1 shot or be 1 shot style.
    again, when was the last time you've seen something modified in game base mechanics for balance purposes?
    Damage basically comes from one piece of equipment where defense comes from eight. It is much easier to stack offense than it is defense.
    To me it actually looks easier from that math...1 piece that gives attk, 6x4 socks that can give you about ...dunno, 48 def lvl?
    If casters have trouble killing melees they should be fixed.
    rofl, really? Are you serious or you're just doing this for the sake for debate?
    All a +30 attack level blessing does is introduce more luck to pvp where any crit becomes a charm bypass. Back when pvp required more skill if you wanted to bypass a charm you setup the proper conditions (55% hp, amped, etc) and them maybe you killed them.
    yeah, I know, I was around when having a TT90 magic sword was something ppl were looking with envy at. I was having 10 TWs/ week at that point. I know what it took to kill 15-20k HP vit barbs with that kind of weapon.
    Now it's just try to survive till your 15% crit procs. In mass pvp that isn't too hard and you can just **** melees this way. There is no way to anticipate a casters crit so you are only safe while immune. If you have pvped in any other
    mmo you can easily see how flawed this style of pvp is.
    I know, I did. Unfortunately this 30% blessing the the ONLY advantage the casters have in PvP/TW. Only one. It's the only thing that keeps wizards around. If everyone would run with a 30 lvl def blessing on them, wizards would be useless. 30 def lvl combined with R9 set bonus is just r.etarded.

But yeah, sure, now that R8 is widespread and casters finally start hurting like bishes in PvP, and they are in quite big numbers, lets QQ MOAR about how IMBA that is. OMG, caster has a chance to survive and oneshot my 5aps sorry as.s. Well , casters QQ a lot about 5 aps imba. Nothing was done. Your time to QQ and I hope nothing will be done.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]