TW Map Discussion

Options

Comments

• sweettwix
    sweettwix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That's what the rules say, however with the actual game mechanics I believe you are incorrect.

why should they change their pve tw system?
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sweettwix wrote: »
    why should they change their pve tw system?

I'm not saying they should change anything. I'm saying that the rules state one thing, but in actual game mechanics I believe that any faction with lands bordering a tier 1 land can bid on and attack that land with or without owning tier 2 lands.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm not saying they should change anything. I'm saying that the rules state one thing, but in actual game mechanics I believe that any faction with lands bordering a tier 1 land can bid on and attack that land with or without owning tier 2 lands.

the rules state you must own at least 2 territories regardless of tier. and that game mechanic is enforced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    u know that u need lvl 2 land to attack lvl 3 land?
    No you don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Amrd - Raging Tide
    Amrd - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Leviathan, Vertu, Vicious, Varden (maybe), and QQme are the only factions that are able to take lvl 1 NPC lands even with all the OP gears out there these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Your basis for that is........?

Every server on this game, check their history and what happened when they dont have their lands anymore.
    u know that u need lvl 2 land to attack lvl 3 land?

Not really, you only need to own 2 lands in total to attack a lvl 1 land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Every server on this game, check their history and what happened when they dont have their lands anymore.

Not really, you only need to own 2 lands in total to attack a lvl 1 land.
    They lost their lands because they lost members, not the other way around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Leviathan, Vertu, Vicious, Varden (maybe), and QQme are the only factions that are able to take lvl 1 NPC lands even with all the OP gears out there these days.

Mostly wrong, there are probably even a few single chars who could solo a lvl 1 tw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options

Not really, you only need to own 3 lands in total to attack a lvl 1 land.
    Fixed, a guild leader should know this stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Twsted - Raging Tide
    Twsted - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ehh i say TW will be exciting for about 2 months before the 2-4 streongest factions wipe evryone else then itll be the top 2 again. vicous and QQme probbaly. (althoguh vicous hasnt been pullin its weight iagainst QQme recently >_>) but hey with all the new territorys it gives ppl reasons to join the stronger factions soo u never know someone might rise up to challenge vicous and QQme. will be interestin to see o.o
    is it jus me or does every thread turn into a flame thread at some point? wheres the love?? b:cry
    WTF is a gank? -_- its called pvp
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!11!!!!oneshiftone!!

/highlander
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainZ - Raging Tide
    RainZ - Raging Tide Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i shall solo a lvl 1 pve tw and get 10 m a week b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ehh i say TW will be exciting for about 2 months before the 2-4 streongest factions wipe evryone else then itll be the top 2 again. vicous and QQme probbaly. (althoguh vicous hasnt been pullin its weight iagainst QQme recently >_>) but hey with all the new territorys it gives ppl reasons to join the stronger factions soo u never know someone might rise up to challenge vicous and QQme. will be interestin to see o.o

You mean things will be mostly boring for most of the people untill 2-3 months when all free land is taken and there are actual fights.

Edit: Point in case look at the first 3 months of raging tide. After the first few weeks pve tw's were insanely boring roll, like 12 minutes. Reason we left Empire was they weren't attacking Latinos or Resolve, just taking pve land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ToyTank - Raging Tide
    ToyTank - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i shall solo a lvl 1 pve tw and get 10 m a week b:dirty

Im thinking of trying this with my BM and jean's barb.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
  • BARBAAAR - Lost City
    BARBAAAR - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Srz Bsns men.b:avoid
    No pride , No shame. Thats the name of the game.
  • Twsted - Raging Tide
    Twsted - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You mean things will be mostly boring for most of the people untill 2-3 months when all free land is taken and there are actual fights.

Edit: Point in case look at the first 3 months of raging tide. After the first few weeks pve tw's were insanely boring roll, like 12 minutes. Reason we left Empire was they weren't attacking Latinos or Resolve, just taking pve land.

yea. although i think empire was buildin up asmuch land as possible to maximize theyre income before they started attacking. TW payment was a big part of TW. i think that pwi takin that away contributed greatly to the disinterest in TW. but yea im lookin forward to a rainbow map :D
    is it jus me or does every thread turn into a flame thread at some point? wheres the love?? b:cry
    WTF is a gank? -_- its called pvp
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So, we going back to TW pay... not bad at all.

I don't think it's gonna take 3 months before we see interesting PvP TWs.

With the increased amount of Rank 8-9 ppl, I'm pretty sure the map is gonna be taken like in a month. Then it's gonna be "roll the weak, avoid the strong" month b:chuckle
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amrd - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mostly wrong, there are probably even a few single chars who could solo a lvl 1 tw.

So your saying that there are some bms, sins, barbs, and or whatever that can solo all the mobs and the bosses for 1k and arch pve in 3 hours? o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So your saying that there are some bms, sins, barbs, and or whatever that can solo all the mobs and the bosses for 1k and arch pve in 3 hours? o.O

b:laugh

...and Fuzzy would still have plenty of time left over to sit down after and have a cup of tea.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • lyonitus
    lyonitus Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nice of PWI to throw small factions a temporary bone. In a couple of months it'll be back to the way it is now, maybe with a new main faction maybe not.
    If they want to keep it interesting for the long term they'll stop the 2 to 3 day staggered schedule and have all wars on the same day at the same time.
    No way QQ or Levi or anyone else could paint the map one color that way.
  • Ambition - Raging Tide
    Ambition - Raging Tide Posts: 1,152 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lyonitus wrote: »
    Nice of PWI to throw small factions a temporary bone. In a couple of months it'll be back to the way it is now, maybe with a new main faction maybe not.
    If they want to keep it interesting for the long term they'll stop the 2 to 3 day staggered schedule and have all wars on the same day at the same time.
    No way QQ or Levi or anyone else could paint the map one color that way.

Nor could any faction in this entire game. What a stupid idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lyonitus
    lyonitus Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That's the point dopey.

Choose your fights wisely. Choose the amount of lands you hold wisely. Choose the people you recruit wisely.

Sorry you want to keep simple. Enjoy interesting TW's for the one or two months it takes it to return to normal and nobody really gives a **** anymore.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

^This. I don't see how fun 12 minish TWs both PVE & PVP(save for lvl 1 lands)for months & months are gonna be that fun. But it's probably better in the long run for now and it's gonna take a long time for one faction to dominate everything again.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Amrd - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    b:laugh

...and Fuzzy would still have plenty of time left over to sit down after and have a cup of tea.

Fuzzy doesn't have a/f TW beer?b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fuzzy doesn't have a/f TW beer?b:shocked

Gotta keep them forums G rated... but at least you know what Fuzzy was talking about. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That's the point dopey.

Choose your fights wisely. Choose the amount of lands you hold wisely. Choose the people you recruit wisely.

Sorry you want to keep simple. Enjoy interesting TW's for the one or two months it takes it to return to normal and nobody really gives a **** anymore.

You can already attack a faction with twice their numbers. If you can't win a fight with twice their numbers, you're doing it wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LoveNiki - Raging Tide
    LoveNiki - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    so excited for this <3
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    things might stay the same, or things could be completely different 2 months from now.

Either way, the next couple months are going to be really fun b:pleased
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Im kinda of happy about this because u get Freaking TW pay again xD. And the fact Smaller Factions can hopefully taste a piece of land for once for a week or maybe a month u never know only time will tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorningGlory - Raging Tide
    MorningGlory - Raging Tide Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ...and finally the old tw spark begins to light the server on fire! This will be very interesting ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Born on DreamWeaver. Raised on Raging Tides.
    Vacation on Archosaur. Hiding in Momaganon.