[Announcement] TW Rewards Increase and Genesis Map Reset!

Comments

• JiaLiFang - Heavens Tear
    JiaLiFang - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    A common tactic used now is to pop an invincibility pot and run up onto the spawn platform, Stun, Heavens Flame and kill mass amounts of people who had just respawned and havent even been able to take one step.

This in my opinion is an exploit and shouldnt be able to happen as the towers around the spawn are supposed to prevent people from attacking the spawn points so people at least have a chance to do something except die repeatedly. Thus also padding peoples PvP kill numbers.

The towers should be changed so that it doesnt matter what you use if they hit you your dead period.
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    A common tactic used now is to pop an invincibility pot and run up onto the spawn platform, Stun, Heavens Flame and kill mass amounts of people who had just respawned and havent even been able to take one step.

This in my opinion is an exploit and shouldnt be able to happen as the towers around the spawn are supposed to prevent people from attacking the spawn points so people at least have a chance to do something except die repeatedly. Thus also padding peoples PvP kill numbers.

The towers should be changed so that it doesnt matter what you use if they hit you your dead period.

If you get close enough to do that, your opponents were already screwed. So it doesnt matter at all.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol. just lol.

good. about time. but honestly, this is probably too little too late. it's been MONTHS. and bringing the pays back isnt going to bring back all the players that were lost. that ship has sailed.

and really pwi, really? it took you THIS LONG to realize how big a mistake you made? oh, let's blame it on the devs not giving approval. as if the devs actually need to approve everything before you guys change anything. like the boutique. or the cube events, or jones blessing, or any of the other **** we get here that they dont get there.
  • _Mizandry - Archosaur
    _Mizandry - Archosaur Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yay, TW is back!!!! <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Too cold for you to keep her, Too hot for you to leave her <3
  • Blackvoid - Sanctuary
    Blackvoid - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    yaknow what would be a really great addition to these tw changes.....since your resetting the map why not fix it so that one faction cant own the entire thing like it was originally intended....ya why not do that??? oh wait...because your pwe.
    i am the dark meaningless void that fills all of your souls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Paranoia is in bloom,
    The PR, transmissions will resume
    They'll try to, push drugs that keep us all dumbed down
    And hope that, we will never see the truth around

Another promise, another seed
    Another, packaged lie to keep us trapped in greed
    And all the, green belts wrapped around our minds
    And endless, red tape to keep the truth confined

They will not force us
    They will stop degrading us
    They will not control us
    We will be victorious

Interchanging mind control
    Come let the, revolution takes its toll
    If you could, flick the switch and open your third eye
    You'd see that, we should never be afraid to die

Rise up and take the power back
    It's time the, fat cats had a heart attack
    They know that, their time's coming to an end
    We have to, unify and watch our flag ascend

They will not force us
    They will not control us
    We will be victorious

They will not force us
    They will not control us
    We will be victorious

Essence shall never die, haters gonna hate.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You did use the Sanctuary map to announce this oh well Regi has their work cut out for them.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Paranoia is in bloom,
    The PR, transmissions will resume
    They'll try to, push drugs that keep us all dumbed down
    And hope that, we will never see the truth around

Another promise, another seed
    Another, packaged lie to keep us trapped in greed
    And all the, green belts wrapped around our minds
    And endless, red tape to keep the truth confined

They will not force us
    They will not control us
    We will be victorious

Interchanging mind control
    Come let the, revolution takes its toll
    If you could, flick the switch and open your third eye
    You'd see that, we should never be afraid to die

Rise up and take the power back
    It's time the, fat cats had a heart attack
    They know that, their time's coming to an end
    We have to, unify and watch our flag ascend

They will not force us
    They will not control us
    We will be victorious

They will not force us
    They will not control us
    We will be victorious

Essence shall never die, haters gonna hate.

This is a forum, not a poetry clubb:bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    FateMakerr approves.b:nosebleed

however, much like Vinat stated, this should have been addressed MONTHS ago.

meh, better late than never I spose.b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    at least they finally did it...

Let's be honest, they're at least trying. You can't make everyone happy, and it can't be easy being the branch of a bigger corporation that they no doubt need approval on for everything.

They tried to fix DQ point problem, and they reverted TW back to what is was, as well as resetting the map (which is hopefully a sign of things to come- maybe a map reset every year?)

And don't complain that the power fac will take everything back, because fact of the matter is that PWI bought you guys some time to do that. At least now you can see what an NPC TW is like, hold some land for a few weeks, and have TWs against facs that are at least in your league.
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I think these changes are the best PWi has done in his entire life just magnificb:chuckle
    I think its pretty fair say thank you or **** you when a company do several changes in his service. And this is a Thank you its fair enough ^^

b:kiss TY
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    so the map gets reset Tuesday the 1st.. which means i put my bid in before 7PM EST on Thursday the 3rd = I do PvE TW? Sounds good to me! Tis about the equivalent of rolling on a new server, but already being lvl 100!! b:victory

Incarnate will get to own land again for a week or two, before the bigger factions take back over - but nonetheless my people will get to experience a PvE TW, something that hasn't been experienced by many of the players here these days. I wish the TW map did reset more often though. I wouldn't say "every 3 months" or any specific time frame, but something more like "if a faction dominates the entire map, it resets after 3 weeks". You might argue that the major faction would see no incentive to dominate the entire map if that were the case, however some slight modifications to the system can be implemented to give that incentive... such as a "total domination" reward paying out 1 million coins per land owned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I wish the TW map did reset more often though. I wouldn't say "every 3 months" or any specific time frame, but something more like "if a faction dominates the entire map, it resets after 3 weeks". You might argue that the major faction would see no incentive to dominate the entire map if that were the case.

Ofc the incentive would be there now they have reverted to the old TW and that incentive would be all the money they get before it's reset.
    With the pay being added back IMO gives more reason why it should be reset like you say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Con lets make a new faction and take over some new land :o

we can split the paycheque 50/50 :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Con lets make a new faction and take over some new land :o

we can split the paycheque 50/50 :P

I has my designated spot :P

btw, is it even against rules to form an alt faction and exploit the TW pay for a week or 2 all to yourself for the first few weeks? o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Edit: 4am Nvm lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    NO. Just ****ing no, GMs.

We do not need the ****ing TW money back. Do you even realize how much money that brings in weekly? And can eventually all be held by the same person? It's insane. Say what you will about the 10mil notes you can get from tokens of best luck...that money is spread over hundreds of players instead of concentrated in hands of a few like TW money is.

Seriously, rethink this.

+1
    Ecstasy for short time, QQ i have AIDS later.

Eoria. You usually make good points, but on this one? Nope.

The money gives people motivation to actually fight and helps people actually afford things.

I know it aint hard to grind charm money, no matter the class, but its difficult to do more than that if your not a Cleric / 5APS (And a few venos). I think its good, not bad.

And it only becomes an issue if someone takes a huge portion of the map. Dont like it? Make a big TW fac and keep other faction off some of the map. Then donate your money to an NPC or w/e, noone cares, youl just have few followers after people realise you really hate the money.

Bold:
    err, it has happened now, and will happened again (much) later.
    And the problem is not "omg they hold all the land", I'm thinking more of a coming QQ-fest later from PWI players from Economy perspective.

Not try to be sarcastic, lets be honest here, most of PWI's playerbase is like:
    "I want Cash Shop items! I want Gold! But I dont want to charge Zen.
    I'm a proud F2P player b:bye"

MMO, in PWI state "Gold", will grow expensive as it grows older.
    Later when the top-dog Fact owns the majority of the Land, Coins will go to them.
    Being a top-dog, not everyone playing has the thing to make another big Fact to face them, small Fact is a joke to them, basicly just click and hit attack button, they're dead.

With weekly income like that, with enough saving afford them to buy Gold at any price, esp if they needed the Cash Shop Items, or wanted it for investment later.
    That will cause Gold seller sell their Gold at higher price bcos they can sell it at high price and there're ppl who wanted to buy it at those price.

See the pattern? I can see these Threads coming out in the future from casual player:
    -Gold Price?
    -QQ WTF Greedy Gold seller (locked)
    -Gold at 2m lololol whats your server price? :D
    -Gold problem
    -GM you sucks fix the Gold problem!! (locked)
    -How come Gold be this high?
    -etc
    -etc (locked)

Yes, I know TW Gold not play the major issue in Gold price.
    But much later, it will be one of the Factor because it gives constant Coin income.

Of course, this can be just me babbling around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    +1
    Ecstasy for short time, QQ i have AIDS later.

Bold:
    err, it has happened now, and will happened again (much) later.
    And the problem is not "omg they hold all the land", I'm thinking more of a coming QQ-fest later from PWI players from Economy perspective.

Not try to be sarcastic, lets be honest here, most of PWI's playerbase is like:
    "I want Cash Shop items! I want Gold! But I dont want to charge Zen.
    I'm a proud F2P player b:bye"

MMO, in PWI state "Gold", will grow expensive as it grows older.
    Later when the top-dog Fact owns the majority of the Land, Coins will go to them.
    Being a top-dog, not everyone playing has the thing to make another big Fact to face them, small Fact is a joke to them, basicly just click and hit attack button, they're dead.

With weekly income like that, with enough saving afford them to buy Gold at any price, esp if they needed the Cash Shop Items, or wanted it for investment later.
    That will cause Gold seller sell their Gold at higher price bcos they can sell it at high price and there're ppl who wanted to buy it at those price.

See the pattern? I can see these Threads coming out in the future from casual player:
    -Gold Price?
    -Gold problem
    -etc
    -etc (locked)

But much later, it will be one of the Factor because it gives constant Coin income.

if you havent allrdy noticed when they "fixed" TW before for econic purposes it didnt do **** to help anything so bringing bck the coin imo isnt tht big of a dealb:bye
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011

-Gold Price?
    -Gold problem
    -etc
    -etc (locked)

funny that's what i kinda looks like now b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well, this is great news for all of those who still love TW. But, means jack **** for those of us who lost interest a long time ago.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i can only imagine how many "new" factions will start developing to claim that "they" will be the ones to take over the whole map..all those spamming world chat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Os_city - Harshlands
    Os_city - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    YEAH! Finaly a GOOD new!!!!!!!

Thank you very much GMs (and Devs) =D

Gogo, Crimson, win 1 war against Zulu and they wont control the whole map! b:thanksb:victory

Ups Dral i think we just did that b:shockedb:shocked
  • WingArc - Harshlands
    WingArc - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i dont understand why people QQ about how the factions with the most r8 and r9 will be the leaders and will own everyone.

think about it. alot of people arent r8 or r9 and they still kill r8 and r9s, my friend which is 91 kills r8s easily sometimes. and another friend which is lvl 100 kills r9s with no massive fluke.

what im saying is that its not always GEAR that makes the player its the SKILL.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i dont understand why people QQ about how the factions with the most r8 and r9 will be the leaders and will own everyone.

think about it. alot of people arent r8 or r9 and they still kill r8 and r9s, my friend which is 91 kills r8s easily sometimes. and another friend which is lvl 100 kills r9s with no massive fluke.

what im saying is that its not always GEAR that makes the player its the SKILL.

Typical low lvl post...

As long as the r8/r9 player isn't a complete scrub, they should be able to beat lower levels easily.

And any r9 player should be capable of beating any non r9 player with exceptions being far and few between.

Show us a vid of you looking that the other person's gear (so we can see it's r8/9) then show us your friends (so we can see he's truly 9x) and then continue to record them fighting so we can see what happens.

In this game, skill very very rarely > OP gear, that's just a fact.

And no, i'm a not a game is dead QQer, or Game is on Life support QQer, I'm just realistic
  • OrthodoxosIR - Sanctuary
    OrthodoxosIR - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I wont say thanks to someone who made things crappy for me and then changed them back.
    So i don't say thanks for getting the Territory payment back.
    I would say thanks if you guys make a good number of new servers (you should have more than enough for this. . ), so that people can finally play properly. .
    edited February 2011
    Map reset is good, changing the rewards is not.

There comes a time when you, as a company, need to put your foot down and say "This is the change, deal with it, this is how it will be and nothing will ever change that." Regardless of what the players do if you know its for the good of the game keep it as it was changed. Giving the players what they want is very very often a BAD thing. This is one of those times where giving the players what they want is bad. They want to ruin the game as much as they can with their own greed. Everyone knows the only reason people stopped doing TW was due to their extreme greed. If they were there for the purpose of pvp, (which is the ENTIRE point of TW) they would do it anyway. Clearly, most players were there for the wrong reasons.

Then that would make your goal to remove said players that are only there for the money, and replace them with ones that go for the entire point, the pvp.

I say this as a player myself. Of course the same can be said about your company but thats not my point.

People are not greedy. If you want to develop your character, you want money. People who owned the whole map for a year or so and want more, they might be considered more greedy than people who payed a lot and due to entering a year or more after those guys were owning the map, they couldn't develop as much.

Its is unfair.
    Each year a new server should be established. At least 1. (Normally should be 3+.) So that people who start now or about now, to be able to get some income and improve.

There will be competition for a few weeks until anihilation comes from the older players. ...

You can't have a Rank IX gear and 24 x +10 Vit in it + Rank IX wep = more than 150% health, double defense and more than 160% attack from people who don't have it, and lose from someone at your level.

I think im gonna stop playing PW for a third time ...
    And this will be the last. .
    If something doesn't change . ..

Cant help it ...

I wouldn't play a game in which you cant develop,
    or in which you must be Bi ll Ga te s to develop ...

Fair Game = Good Game ...

Also, you say the point is pvp. Yes, agreed, let's say. But to do pvp you need money for repairs : ) ....
    And also money to improve your armour and wep for pvp. .
  • anwynd
    edited February 2011
    People are not greedy. If you want to develop your character, you want money. People who owned the whole map for a year or so and want more, they might be considered more greedy than people who payed a lot and due to entering a year or more after those guys were owning the map, they couldn't develop as much.

Its is unfair.
    Each year a new server should be established. At least 1. (Normally should be 3+.) So that people who start now or about now, to be able to get some income and improve.

There will be competition for a few weeks until anihilation comes from the older players. ...

You can't have a Rank IX gear and 24 x +10 Vit in it + Rank IX wep = more than double defense and more than 150% from people who don't have it, and lose from someone at your level.

I think im gonna stop playing PW for a third time ...
    And this will be the last. .
    If something doesn't change . ..

Cant help it ...

I wouldn't play a game in which you cant develop,
    or in which you must be Bi ll Ga te s to develop ...

Fair Game = Good Game ...

Also, you say the point is pvp. Yes, agreed, let's say. But to do pvp you need money for repairs : ) ....
    And also money to improve your armoyr and wep for pvp. . Proved you fail ..

did you ever think tht having to many servers will make each server more of a ghost town then most allrdy are(except for a few locations of course)b:bye
    edited February 2011
    Map reset is good, changing the rewards is not.

There comes a time when you, as a company, need to put your foot down and say "This is the change, deal with it, this is how it will be and nothing will ever change that." Regardless of what the players do if you know its for the good of the game keep it as it was changed. Giving the players what they want is very very often a BAD thing. This is one of those times where giving the players what they want is bad. They want to ruin the game as much as they can with their own greed. Everyone knows the only reason people stopped doing TW was due to their extreme greed. If they were there for the purpose of pvp, (which is the ENTIRE point of TW) they would do it anyway. Clearly, most players were there for the wrong reasons.

Then that would make your goal to remove said players that are only there for the money, and replace them with ones that go for the entire point, the pvp.

I say this as a player myself. Of course the same can be said about your company but thats not my point.
    anwynd wrote: »
    did you ever think tht having to many servers will make each server more of a ghost town then most allrdy are(except for a few locations of course)b:bye

Can you tell me which server is more of a ghost town so i could go play in it? ...

I guess there will be no rulers of the whole map then.
    And i could get a few teritories to develop. .
    And no lag. .
  • anwynd
    edited February 2011
    Can you tell me which server is more of a ghost town so i could go play in it? ...

I guess there will be no rulers of the whole map then.
    And i could get a few teritories to develop. .
    And no lag. .

if you wnt some territory get off your lazy *** form a faction make some dam friends and start recruiting and gearing up the members of the faction then when you think your rdy to stop hiding go try to kick some *** in a twb:bye

EDIT: if you wnt a ghost town join archosaur server
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Nice change :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★