Make the old "New and Exiting" again!!!

Options
_Tigger_ - Dreamweaver
_Tigger_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
With the Tideborn Expansion and the new Genesis expansion the drop off of interest in the old classes has made many things difficult or one sided and is apparent by the lack of either Barbs, Clerics, or Mages. I would suggest making some adjustments to these old classes that would make them feel new and exciting again. I have suggested and continue to suggest that you make small sublte differences in the Barb class between Tiger, Wolf, Panda, and Lion that makes each one unique and when they transform into true form that they actually transform into a Tiger, Wolf, Panda or Lion.

By popularity Archers have switched to Fist/Claws to keep up with Damage do to the APS issue. Why not put the bow back in the archers hands and give them a quicker attack with the bow (like a lot of other games do for the archer/ranger class)

Anyhow use your creativity and the great thoughts and suggestions of your players to come up with ways to make the old classes new and exciting to play again please. Its SAD to see Sins Tanking bosses where Barbs used to be a MUST have to accomplish. I hope thats not what the Devs had intended. The lack of power from the barb class is the MAIN reason its not being chosen as a preffered class.

Thanks PWI, I hope you consider some changes to the old classes to make them exciting again.
Post edited by _Tigger_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I remember when things were new & exciting, but I don't remember things ever being "Exiting". b:question

Anyway this belongs in the Suggestion box. And barbs will never be anything but white tiger because of Chinese blahblah. Archers can be quick with a bow with -interval gear. If we were too quick people would QQ though, because of our long range, high crit %, high damage AND to top it off, we'd be ninjaing them with how fast we would be. We'd be like long range sins.

Barbs... no comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    By popularity Archers have switched to Fist/Claws to keep up with Damage do to the APS issue. Why not put the bow back in the archers hands and give them a quicker attack with the bow (like a lot of other games do for the archer/ranger class)

lol... a big NO

At PvP, with their full intervals, they pk any AA class VERY quickly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I like the true form idea for venos and barb since female barb or male venos are not goint to be released never.

Should be nice if do we can get a new dance like the incoming classes have or differents meditations acording with our races.

Hold the weapons at back.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Should be nice if do we can get a new dance like the incoming classes have or differents meditations acording with our races.
    All the classes I play are all 'old classes' , I do hope to find at expansion time , they also have new dances :)
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    no suggestiosn about wiz/psy? OP doesnt play those classes i guess....
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Make my demon stone rain a 50% chance to stun.

I want the full 5 seconds that force of will is supposed to seal for.

Increase the hp regen on pyroshell

Increase the mp regen on glacial embrace

The skill is cause frost blade, perhaps you could make it so it debuffs the attack speed of melee classes, ty.

Let crown of flame do a small fire amp (omg he is on fire surely it must hurt).

wait.....ooops wrong section b:shutup
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

I want the full 5 seconds that force of will is supposed to seal for. Yeah!
    Increase the hp regen on pyroshell useless
    Increase the mp regen on glacial embrace Useless
    The skill is cause frost blade, perhaps you could make it so it debuffs the attack speed of melee classes, ty. o.O Good idea
    Let crown of flame do a small fire amp (omg he is on fire surely it must hurt). lol... get Spark on your genie. ijs
    wait.....ooops wrong section b:shutup b:shocked

why not more range like the archer? b:pleased

Ok, I go away b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The skill is cause frost blade, perhaps you could make it so it debuffs the attack speed of melee classes, ty.

Very much like this suggestion !!!!!
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    why not more range like the archer? b:pleased

Ok, I go away b:shocked

lol, don't forget wizards are supposed to be op in PvP b:victory.
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I like the idea of slightly revamping the original 6 classes.

I might suggest letting barbs refine their Flesh Ream for starters b:chuckle

In all seriousness though, this game has changed considerably since it originally came out. Updating the original classes a bit seems fairly appropriate. Balance, however, does not seem to be a priority.

In the end, I recommend the OP try one of the two new classes this March... or try a new game entirely. These methods will certainly make things "New and Exciting".
  • DarkMix - Lost City
    DarkMix - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Archers can be quick with a bow with -interval gear. If we were too quick people would QQ though, because of our long range, high crit %, high damage AND to top it off, we'd be ninjaing them with how fast we would be. We'd be like long range sins.

Pretty soon archers will be tanking bosses too, hell, every other class will eventually. I do miss when everyone could depend on the barb to tank and the bm to 2nd tank. b:cry
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pretty soon archers will be tanking bosses too, hell, every other class will eventually. I do miss when everyone could depend on the barb to tank and the bm to 2nd tank. b:cry

Hahaha... I keep having to tank BH51 on my BM because the barbs that are currently playing have no clue what tanking is. I'll DD with axes to let them keep aggro... But, on Wyvern, if they aren't turning the boss to mitigate AOE, I will switch to my refined sharded fists, hit Wind Shield or a similar skill, grab aggro, and tank it anyway.

My Archer ends up tanking BH59 for giggles, much for the same reason.

And my Veno ended up soloing BH59, no Herc. Did it during Double Drops. ;)
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pfft Wizzies are already OP with hail storm and frost blade....Why do you want more???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

I want the full 5 seconds that force of will is supposed to seal for.

Increase the hp regen on pyroshell

Increase the mp regen on glacial embrace

Let crown of flame do a small fire amp (omg he is on fire surely it must hurt).

wait.....ooops wrong section b:shutup

now these are suggestions I like.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

btw... There's a 5.0 archer on Sanct with Deicides that tanks 2-3 and 3-x. I think he prefers Nebulous now, since he's got that instead... But I've seen him do it, and solo TT1-3 without a cleric (oneshot off of the first AOE on whatever soulbanisher is called in 1-3 and ragequit).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It would be nice, if PWCN's current owner's devs, Wanmei, knew the code.b:chuckle
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol... a big NO

At PvP, with their full intervals, they pk any AA class VERY quickly...

Just like sins right?