Seeker plays the true warrior role?

Options
DarkMix - Lost City
DarkMix - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
For those who care about my opinion, I believe that the upcoming seeker is going to fit the stereotypical warrior that the blademaster was ment for. Sadly, most of todays bms are either a fist wielding, high aps, punching machines or a wannabe, high HP, axe barbarians. The whole reason why I chose to play a blademaster was to wield swords and do awesome sword based techniques, not worrying about what my role is for everyone's gain. I ended up being an obsolete sword/blade wielder that ended up being weaker than an axe bm or a fist machine bm. Maybe it was the way I set up my build or my skills playing a bm, but for one thing is certain, in my opinion, the blademaster will never be a BLADEmaster again when the Seekers come out. Maybe the gms will change their names to Fistmaster b:laugh or Axemaster. b:embarrass

Any way, I just thought I should let my thoughts out on this, that's been poking my brain for awhile :P
Post edited by DarkMix - Lost City on

Comments

• SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Seekers are Sword-Masters. Sure, our blade skill tree isnt amazing, but hey, at least we can equip and utilize other weapons.
    The whole reason why I chose to play a blademaster was to wield swords and do awesome sword based techniques, not worrying about what my role is for everyone's gain.

Well, since squad runs are a team effort, its only natural that you should act for everyone's gain. I once ran with a BM who didnt use Heaven's Flame because they were a "pure fist" user...luckily there was a second BM around who did use it when possible, otherwise the run would have taken longer and my repairs would have been higher.
    I ended up being an obsolete sword/blade wielder that ended up being weaker than an axe bm or a fist machine bm.

While its good to have a favorite weapon path, one musn't forget that BMs are wanted for their axe/stun skills. I personally view fists as a means for building some extra chi between my other skills instead of my main outlet of damage. b:pleased
    I do like swords and I'm certainly going to try a Seeker when they come out, but right now, I'm quite content with being an axe swingin', pole-dancin', fist machine b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkMix - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options

I do like swords and I'm certainly going to try a Seeker when they come out, but right now, I'm quite content with being an axe swingin', pole-dancin', fist machine b:chuckle

Haha I like what you did there at the end and yea the Seeker is something I'll definitely play. It'll replace my bm and hopefully I don't have to play a huge role since that's more of a hassle. Hopefully wielding a huge *** sword makes those fist and axe bms fall to their knees b:sin
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Why do people get so caught up on the word "Blade?" It doesn't always refer to a sword. Pretty much all the weapons beyond fist qualify... and even then, there's claws. o.o
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Blade refers to any sharp edge on a weapon.

Axes have blades, claws have blades, poleblades have blades, poleaxes have blades...

I really get annoyed when blademasters say that they should be best with swords because they are blades...
  • DarkMix - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Blades, or bladed weapons, they're usually referred to a sword. Plus, the bm was the only class that actually fit that role, well, until the seekers come out. Think about it, how often do you see a sword/blade bm around? My guess is about 30% of the time I see them.
  • DarkMix - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I really get annoyed when blademasters say that they should be best with swords because they are blades...

Exactly my point, they aren't. Thats why most of them use fists and axes because there's more use in those skills sets.
  • YuniBlood - Raging Tide
    YuniBlood - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    For those who care about my opinion, I believe that the upcoming seeker is going to fit the stereotypical warrior that the blademaster was ment for. Sadly, most of todays bms are either a fist wielding, high aps, punching machines or a wannabe, high HP, axe barbarians. The whole reason why I chose to play a blademaster was to wield swords and do awesome sword based techniques, not worrying about what my role is for everyone's gain. I ended up being an obsolete sword/blade wielder that ended up being weaker than an axe bm or a fist machine bm. Maybe it was the way I set up my build or my skills playing a bm, but for one thing is certain, in my opinion, the blademaster will never be a BLADEmaster again when the Seekers come out. Maybe the gms will change their names to Fistmaster b:laugh or Axemaster. b:embarrass

Any way, I just thought I should let my thoughts out on this, that's been poking my brain for awhile :P
    Wow dude, we think alike!. :D . I am also qutting blademaster when seeker comes for that reason. I picked blademaster for the sword skills and the axe for aoeing, but because of today and the majority want fist and axe and the lack of decent skills in sword ;c i am stuck with them lol. Can t wait to have the build i want, not the annoying end game build which is for fist. Hopefully the end of spending millions on shards to cover up the lack of vit.b:chuckle. Well blademaster was nice short term fun, but i will never forget how fun heaven flame and grinding with them is(My only true time i enjoy using blademaster, Hate them for instance)b:cuteb:cuteb Does n t matter if seeker is weaker, as long its sword skills is better then blademaster sword skills i am happy. It seems like i will be using more variety of skills :). I love swords you can thank Final fantasy for that :D!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Blademaster level 8x not active!!
    Seeker :D level 2x active and going to be main!
    Perfect world international Album all ready and set up Check it out. Use the link below or click on my username for link
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Blades, or bladed weapons, they're usually referred to a sword. P

Does this hold true even in bad translations from chinese?

b:shocked b:chuckle
  • Traumacyde - Harshlands
    Traumacyde - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Why do people get so caught up on the word "Blade?" It doesn't always refer to a sword. Pretty much all the weapons beyond fist qualify... and even then, there's claws. o.o

The term before pwi was Warrior, which was alot more fitting. Everyone knows that some other weapons have ''blades'' on them if u wanna get technical but in the gaming world ''wielding a blade'' would make people think of a big sword before they thought of dual hammers ... Its just one of those things in game that dont seem right or as accurate as it could have been. Kinda like how lions wolves and pandas turn into tigers >.< . I thought that one was laziness but apparently its ''chinese mythology'' or something like that lol .

( maybe not the best example but who cares ) b:scorn
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ^all of the above
    It was just PWI being odd and changing the names of absolutely everything which I couldn't understand, the fact there called Blademasters just goes to show some of the names don't fit, also yea there's no point being technical about the *blade* bit as its mainly referred to any kind of sword, very rarely anything else :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That's exactly why I did like the name 'Warrior' so much better. If PWi wanted to chage everything just for the idea of it, couldn't they go for something of similar universality, like 'Fighter' for example?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Maybe the gms will change their names to Fistmaster b:laugh or Axemaster. b:embarrass

Ahahahahahaha. Oh man, that made me [literally] laugh out loud. I would just die laughing if I logged in and saw BMs were now called fistmasters or axemasters.

Perhaps I just have a dirty mind, but dang that was funny. Thank you for the laugh. b:pleased
  • YuniBlood - Raging Tide
    YuniBlood - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thanks to this forum I have decided to start using this blademaster the way I want. So banked fists and started using axe and sword. Not great as seeker but I don't care it's a game so I Play my way lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Blademaster level 8x not active!!
    Seeker :D level 2x active and going to be main!
    Perfect world international Album all ready and set up Check it out. Use the link below or click on my username for link
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ahahahahahaha. Oh man, that made me [literally] laugh out loud. I would just die laughing if I logged in and saw BMs were now called fistmasters or axemasters.

Perhaps I just have a dirty mind, but dang that was funny. Thank you for the laugh. b:pleased

I see what you thought thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    a blademaster is basically a master of all weaponry. thats why BMs have such varaiety in weapon choices, there suppose to be good at ALL of them and choosing a path should be a matter preference.

but the problem is axe/fists outshines all of the other weapons a BM can use. so thats why we get such a linear path as BM for the great majority of ppl that do go BM. that is not suppose to happen. one weapon path should not outshine all weapon paths. they should all be equal. a BM is fulfilling a role more of a monk type class then anything right now -_-

thats why seekers will replace the sword/blade role.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    for your information in the version this game originally comes from they were called warriors not blademasters for some reason PWE decided to change the name to BladeMaster when it got here. Warriors in all of history use every weapon available thus your point is kinda mute.

edit: wanna add that the name Seeker doesnt make me think of someone using a sword it makes me think of a scout or an archer. so again your point is mute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    for your information in the version this game originally comes from they were called warriors not blademasters for some reason PWE decided to change the name to BladeMaster when it got here. Warriors in all of history use every weapon available thus your point is kinda mute.

how does that mute my point when i said the exact same thing you are saying now? bladmasters,rather they are called warriors or blademasters, is a master of many weapons. that is my point. u should read before u reply.

edit for your edit:
    edit: wanna add that the name Seeker doesnt make me think of someone using a sword it makes me think of a scout or an archer. so again your point is mute.

this has nothing to do with the names at all nor did i imply that the names had anything to do with the classes abilities, so wth are u talking about =/?

btw, the name seeker can have MANY interpretations from a hunter/assasin all the way down to a fishing rod/lure. but again the name has nothing at all to do with my post so i digress.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    how does that mute my point when i said the exact same thing you are saying now? bladmasters,rather they are called warriors or blademasters, is a master of many weapons. that is my point. u should read before u reply.

edit for your edit:

this has nothing to do with the names at all nor did i imply that the names had anything to do with the classes abilities, so wth are u talking about =/?

btw, the name seeker can have MANY interpretations from a hunter/assasin all the way down to a fishing rod/lure. but again the name has nothing at all to do with my post so i digress.

did i quote you? then dont assume im talking to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    did i quote you? then dont assume im talking to you.

when u dont quote someone and post directly under a post then its generally assumed that u are talking to the person directly above u. without u quoting u technically could have been talking to anyone. and seeing as ur post had similarities to my own post i assumed it was me. if not then my bad, but u should point out who u be talkin to.
  • Tanglewood - Raging Tide
    Tanglewood - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @OP:
    i totaly understand where you're coming from. I too choose a BM intially because i thought having swords were cool. I dont see why the dev's made it where other paths were just flat out better for the BM. In reality they should just have different functions not neccesarily better overall stats. but yeah seeker looks like a BM that was actually meant for PvP idk about PvE though. As a BM I felt i didnt really have a roll in the game, I was more of a support class. (lets be honest 5.0 aps is jsut a game exploit you dont even skill whats so fun about that?) always had to aoe stun and HF rarely ever used any other skill (beside drake bash for stun lockin)

Seeker has magic attacks w/ range b:dirtyb:dirty finally all you damn archers get what's coming to you and wizards have to kite a bit more. although time will tell how seeker really fit in