Challenge 2 P(WI)NTM 2011

pwicontest
pwicontest Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in The Fanatics Forum
banner1gr.png

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the 2nd week and 2nd challenge of PWI's first ever Next Top Model!

For this week, the challenge is inspired by the vast tundras of Iceland, and hence aptly entitled:
The Nine Nordic Queens!

Each one of our lovely ladies will portray a particular Nordic queen. We have assigned a queen to a participant by pulling names out of the Official Pink Fuzzy Hat, and they are...

*drumrolls*

Estiah - Queen of the Earth

Cynzia - Queen of Lava

B_K - Queen of Ice and Snow

Yanami - Queen of Dreams

Temara - Queen of the Moon

Xainou - Queen of the Heavenly Night

xxdistance - Queen of the Wind

_Agrona_ - Queen of Water

SmexiCasey - Queen of Jewels

There are no rules for this challenge except NO EDITING OF ANY KIND. You can screenshot anywhere, flying or swimming, standing or sitting, skills or just stances. So let your imagination run free, go with your gut and give us some 'WOW' shots!

(Just make sure you bring out the character that you're portraying)

Mail your submissions (one screenshot only per person) to this account by

Thursday, 10th February 2011, 11.59 pm PST.

Be Creative, have fun and good luck to all!

PS. You may also wish to send in a line or two describing your screenie and what you had in mind when you took it, so we can better understand the screenshot
Post edited by pwicontest on

Comments

• Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    *reads the title* O__O' What..? Whos that even?
    *goes on reading* 'Air, lava, ice and snow...' Oh, not as bad...
    *stops* 'Xainou - Queen of the Heavenly Night...' Hoooly **** O_____O;

Looks like Yanami and me got all the fun since we got the abstract stuff you cant really find on the map lol
    But this topic smells like epic showoff b:cool
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Twelve/am - Heavens Tear
    Twelve/am - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Whaaa.. Wind b:surrender
    Tell me where you can find that on the map Myralis. XD
    I mean I hear wind on the map but you can't /see/ it, nor does it move trees/grass/hair, etc.
    This will be hard. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggie by Susylu, ofc. :)

I'mma girl barb... because we are gonna need barbs when the new expansion comes out. b:cute
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Whaaa.. Wind b:surrender
    Tell me where you can find that on the map Myralis. XD
    I mean I hear wind on the map but you can't /see/ it, nor does it move trees/grass/hair, etc.
    This will be hard. b:shocked

Windswept Grasslands. lol
    Nah not really, but good luck, thats gonna be hard b:surrender
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This one sounds more artsy o= some of the girls got some ones that'll be easy, and some much more difficult. =D looking forward to seeing pictures!
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Queen of Jewels sounds like a fun one. XD Or maybe that's just because I like shiny stuff.

Queen of Dreams...huh. XD This is going to be hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Some seem easier to some peopel and others seem easier to others. All the themes were put into the Official pink fuzzy hat and picked out at random. this si a great opportunity to use your creative sides!

PS new blue colour for my posts instead of purple. what you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Estiah - Dreamweaver
    Estiah - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Queen of.. Air? b-but im a fishie! ><
    -slaps on creativityness-

this is going to be interesting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy By Belle~
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I don't know I would say any of them are really easy...

If you think about it, sure, you'll have to be more creative to pull off some of them but if you do manage to pull it off it could make the more normal themes look... well... normal lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Phyrilla - Heavens Tear
    Phyrilla - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ohh sounds tough lol i wish ya'll luck and cant wait to see what they come out with :Pvb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thank you Susy for the lovely siggy b:thanks b:dirty
  • Temara - Lost City
    Temara - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b:shocked How'd you know I'm a nightactive person? xD

The pink hat has special powers ijs. But 1st sun now moon. Not easy to find a good one. Since I had a GREAT idea, but that doesn't work <.<" Tried it for the last hour and only bloopers.

Well found something nice anyway. Simple but nice ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thou shalt come under my command

and thy sword shalt control my fate.

I hereby swear,

I am the disposer of evil in the eternal world.
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    q.q The pants I want to wear with this challenge keeps disappearing very few seconds!

Frustrating...and while some things aren't turning out exactly as I want it, but I still ended up with a few really cool shots that will likely end up into forum signatures. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Really looking forward to seeing all the submissions!

I also don't think any of them are particularly easier than others... some of them might be easier to find a background for but to portray yourself as the Sovereign Queen over it is going to be... b:avoid
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Heavenly Night = THE heavenly night aka Christmas eve? .__.
    Or just a night that looks somehow holy?

I guess I can interpret that but I just want to make sure its not meaning xmas lol
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Myralis I didn't even think of that. o.o I just thought like heavenly -> sky and night well night, so night sky, but I'm not a creative type v.v

you can borrow my santa hat if it is christmas
    C:
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011

I guess I can interpret that but I just want to make sure its not meaning xmas lol

b:laugh Wow if that's your interpretation of it, then we won't stop you!

But I think these are more like the goddesses of ancient Norse lore or something like that. I don't think they would have created a queen of Christmas during those days but I could be really wrong. b:surrender
  • crystalynnex
    crystalynnex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Like Susy said, if that's your interpretation then go for it! You can also send in a short description of your shot, so we can better understand what you were going for/thinking of when you took the screenie.

There is no right or wrong answer so chillax b:laugh

This goes for everyone when I say you're all queens of your element so bear that in mind when you screenshot. You rule your element so bring that out in your picture.

Can't wait to get all the submissions in and see what you guys can come up with!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

♥ siggy by Susylu - HT

"you can compare alcohol to a woman; she can make you feel so high, or she can make you miserable that it's far beyond everything." -AL
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    I wasnt thinking of that in the first place lol

But the term heavenly seemed so odd to me, that I googled it to see if theres any info on it. And then I found out its actually a term for christmas evening lol

And so I got totally confused if its meant to be that way b:laugh
  • Temara - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Like Susy said, if that's your interpretation then go for it! You can also send in a short description of your shot, so we can better understand what you were going for/thinking of when you took the screenie.

There is no right or wrong answer so chillax b:laugh

This goes for everyone when I say you're all queens of your element so bear that in mind when you screenshot. You rule your element so bring that out in your picture.

Can't wait to get all the submissions in and see what you guys can come up with!

xD If I had known that I would have submitted a description xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I hereby swear,

• crystalynnex
    edited February 2011
    xD If I had known that I would have submitted a description xD

It was already stated in the first post... b:cold

Deadline's coming up soon guys! Make sure you mail your submissions in before Thursday, 10th February, 11.59 pm PST with or without a description.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

♥ siggy by Susylu - HT

"you can compare alcohol to a woman; she can make you feel so high, or she can make you miserable that it's far beyond everything." -AL
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    For some reason, every challenge I take part in, I get one really funny shot with my fairy lol
    Guess I should start collecting them b:chuckle

Entry sent ^_^ I didnt know pwi has that stunning graphics :D
  • Temara - Lost City
    edited February 2011

It was already stated in the first post... b:cold

Deadline's coming up soon guys! Make sure you mail your submissions in before Thursday, 10th February, 11.59 pm PST with or without a description.

my bad my bad xD

There u see I overlook things quite fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I hereby swear,

• Estiah - Dreamweaver
    Estiah - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Just sent in my entry! b:victory

lol, thank god my "Queen" was changed... i was having some serious Screenshot Block with the Air element xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy By Belle~
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    I'm struggling between two screenshots...and I like them both. Q_Q

But I also feel I could do more. T_T

Ah well. I'll try to decide by tomorrow. >:

Good luck everyone. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    omg i havent even started yet my internet decided to go take a 3 day long nap on me Q.Q
  • crystalynnex
    edited February 2011
    omg i havent even started yet my internet decided to go take a 3 day long nap on me Q.Q

=S

Well you have a pretty straightforward queen, nothing abstract to portray, so I hope you can give us something by deadline :) No need to put so much thought into it, just follow your gut! :D

Deadline is in a few hours guys, mail those screenies! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

♥ siggy by Susylu - HT

• Yanami - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    : D Are we gonna get a preview again like the first challenge?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i got mine in, but man im so sad i had an idea of getting all oht armor and using high lvl mana shards to get those ice looking thingys coming out, but didnt have the time T^T
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    i got mine in, but man im so sad i had an idea of getting all oht armor and using high lvl mana shards to get those ice looking thingys coming out, but didnt have the time T^T

That was a great idea... I'm so sorry your net was down for so long :(
    : D Are we gonna get a preview again like the first challenge?

I'm thinking we'll have the rankings up before any of us gets to make the preview collage... I'm not going to have time tomorrow maybe Dorset can make one this time if you ask her nicely b:pleased
  • Axions - Heavens Tear
    Axions - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    When are u guys gonna post the results D: i wanna see their screenshot >.<
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • pwicontest
    pwicontest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    rankings.png

Hello everyone~

Thank you for your patience in waiting, now without further ado, I give you...

THE RESULTS!

Some really great shots were submitted, but in the majority of them, there wasn't exactly a regal air to it. Nice try and effort though from everyone! I understand pulling off a "queen" look wasn't very easy so good job!

A bit about where the "Nordic Queens" idea came about; I got it from watching an episode of Britain's Next Top Model, and thought this would be an interesting challenge to do! So, the photos you see on the right of your respective borders are from the actual "Ice Queens" photoshoot done by the models from Britain's Next Top Model.

As before, the order of pictures is your rank for this challenge. As SmexiCasey failed to submit her entry this week, she has been disqualified from the competition and everyone is safe from elimination.

Click on the Preview for the Original Entry!

ofbn6f.png

Susylu - A young queen, rather princess, overlooking her land. The little leaves from the genie helped with the Wind aspect, but I notice you have your signature mob in the pic again xD!

Crystalynnex - The picture has a very sweet princess-ey feel to it. I get the whole idea and concept you were going for; the genie I thought was like your little pet fairy that goes fluttering about, chattering non-stop all day and on the right we see yet another mob making a special appearance :)

Dorset- Ok i actually LOVED this shot. it looks like she is surveying her kingdom. love how you used the leaves to enhance the whole wind aspect good job.