Turn on the Valentine Event!

Options
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Heyas,
While a modest boutique sale is all fine and good its not all that exciting.

Remember this time in 2009? There was a real valentine event then with all the ladies picking dew from a honeycomb like a swarm of bees while hundreds of male chars were madly attempting to pick 99 roses from a tiny green patch. Occasionally people would try to drag jewels to the patch and a group of haphazardly formed defenders protected the pickers from the griefing.

People had to go through a match-making process to pair up and at the end of 4 days everyone who stuck with it got that 4% XP belt.

In addition to this mining mats had a chance to give ingredients for powerful chocolate elixers.

While it had its flaws it was still a real in game event! We old-timers liked it and the newer player have never seen it.

Turn it on!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I would love to see an event like thatb:laugh
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Chocolate? Do want :D
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Heyas,
    While a modest boutique sale is all fine and good its not all that exciting.

Remember this time in 2009? There was a real valentine event then with all the ladies picking dew from a honeycomb like a swarm of bees while hundreds of male chars were madly attempting to pick 99 roses from a tiny green patch. Occasionally people would try to drag jewels to the patch and a group of haphazardly formed defenders protected the pickers from the griefing.

People had to go through a match-making process to pair up and at the end of 4 days everyone who stuck with it got that 4% XP belt.

In addition to this mining mats had a chance to give ingredients for powerful chocolate elixers.

While it had its flaws it was still a real in game event! We old-timers liked it and the newer player have never seen it.

Turn it on!

The description of the actual valentine belt says Valentine's Event Item: 2009 at the bottom, so maybe it was intended to be only done once. :/ I still have the 4% exp belt. xD
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I had been wondering about the chocolate.

No in game manufacturing items but still the option of creating it x.x ...

I liked what those candies could do, do want, like ... always o.o.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The description of the actual valentine belt says Valentine's Event Item: 2009 at the bottom, so maybe it was intended to be only done once. :/ I still have the 4% exp belt. xD

It was the first Valentine's Day after the game opened outside of China...sad that I missed that.b:sad
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

*points to the 1 year anniversary clothing*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Best PvP Server Event EVERR!! Omg I still laugh thinking about it since the patch was not in SZ b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've seen the dragon luring clip somewhere... it really looked like Fun b:laugh

ah... here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2psU3b6lTU&playnext=1&list=PL3A959173C626BAB9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    YES bring it back PLEASE . That was the most memorable event I have of PWI !! I was not high level enough to compete at the time , but my favourite thing to do was go over there just outside Lost City and read the chat ... funny stuff !! Ahhh the memories of PWI pre-packs , pre-hypers , pre- apswtfpwnd , pre- pure money guzzling greediness . Memory stand out : " WTB man with 99 roses " lmao. Bring it back b:angry b:angry b:angry
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The St. Valentine's Day Massacre was the best event ever. Period.

All the guys on the server fought with each other, worked their clicky-fingers to the bone trying to get hundreds of the o-so-limited roses, scattered like cockroaches in terror every time somebody shouted "JEWEL!", and then fearlessly charged right back in to the piles and piles of dead bodies, determined to prove themselves to the women on the server.

Meanwhile, the women casually clicked just a few of the o-so-plentiful honey pods without any fear whatsoever, then got the vast majority of the XP/rewards as a result.

Somebody remarked afterwards that it was the perfect event, because it perfectly captured the essence of what Valentine's Day, and true love, is all about. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    On Youtube.. I remember it made me laugh xD
  • oxytorch
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ha haa !!! And look at all those Barbs . Ahh the days , back then , when..

P.S The person who took the vid had their settings on lowest , there were MANY more there than what shows up . The lag was epic LMAO
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

• WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Wouldnt work these days =(. What I mean, too many ppl can solo jewels these days w/o any problems. Sure, some lowbies might drop but jewels would be dead before any major "QQ I`m dead" could happen =/.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • oxytorch
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Wouldnt work these days =(. What I mean, too many ppl can solo jewels these days w/o any problems. Sure, some lowbies might drop but jewels would be dead before any major "QQ I`m dead" could happen =/.

He he, that brings back another memory at the rose garden that year.... "WTS lvl 10 res 100k" . Hey that was alot of coins back then (as in what people will spend on their gear these days) . Didnt have my Cleric back then to cash in LOL

• Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Takes me less than 20 seconds on my Sin, and I'm only 2.5 APS. I doubt it would happen again.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Takes me less than 20 seconds on my Sin, and I'm only 2.5 APS. I doubt it would happen again.

I soloed him with 3x fists, yeah, he is pushover nowdays =p.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I soloed him with 3x fists, yeah, he is pushover nowdays =p.

The obvious solution is to have Harpy Wraith within lurable distance.
  • oxytorch
    edited February 2011
    Options

Elenacostel you would have been around for the valentines event. Whats your fav memory of it??

• WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Options

That would work, she is still undefeated on my server.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

It's technically possible. o_O
    But the route you'd have to take to get her there would be a marathon of epic proportions, and more than likely she'd kill you before you got that far. Vriddis would be the better choice, I think (his AOE + Jewels' debuff = mess). Long respawn on him though.
    I could get Kimsa up there too, but he's just a single-target punching bag, there'd be no point other than to say "Hey, look who I brought to the party!"

...This isn't making a very good case for reviving the event, though. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's technically possible. o_O
    But the route you'd have to take to get her there would be a marathon of epic proportions, and more than likely she'd kill you before you got that far. Vriddis would be the better choice, I think (his AOE + Jewels' debuff = mess). Long respawn on him though.
    I could get Kimsa up there too, but he's just a single-target punching bag, there'd be no point other than to say "Hey, look who I brought to the party!"

...This isn't making a very good case for reviving the event, though. b:surrender

5x bosses wouldnt put a dent in anyone like they would have 2 years ago. Harpy wraith would though... Not that I'm endorsing this or anything, it's technically griefing and bannable.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • oxytorch
    edited February 2011
    Options
    5x bosses wouldnt put a dent in anyone like they would have 2 years ago..

I remember when i started, hardly anyone had a TT weapon. Green weapon= God , back then LOL . Jewel was one of the most feared boss'es so far (Highest lvl Barb you could find + 2 cleric's job . 1 cleric healing the other cleric healing the barb that were both within aoe range . Now a sin rips in on his own and job over in a blink

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    oxytorch wrote: »
    Elenacostel you would have been around for the valentines event. Whats your fav memory of it??

I did not participate.

I did have some delusion of buying a lot of world chats (I was poor back then) and giving a fiery speech inciting the female warriors on the server to protect the weak men from the terrors of Jewelscalen.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jewel would be boring. You'd lure him, maybe 2 lowbies would die, and then some 5 aps sin/bm/archer/barb would fly over and kill him in 4 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • XTrigger - Archosaur
    XTrigger - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My other game has special rewards, appearance gear, house items, titles and so on to earn through a new questline, which also involves a new instance. The game world also changes to a more valentines orientated one.

What's PWI done/doing this year?

I was around for 2009 v-day, but for the life of me I can't remember doing it o.o
  • oxytorch
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What's PWI done/doing this year?
    The answer to this .. press O in game.. thats what LOL b:sad

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hah, yeah you guys all have fond memories of that event now, but iirc, during that event these boards were drowned in the tears of very angry boyfriends.

But actually, we did try to get this event in for this Valentines, but as has been the case for a few other events we wanted to have, the devs' focus on Genesis made its implementation impossible. We'll definitely try to run it next year, though, if not an even better built-in Valentines Event (as if anything could possibly be better..)
  • oxytorch
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yeah just put something on sale in boutique . That'll do .

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    the chocolate and chocolate mats that were available during the Valentines event were also given out as snowman drops during the first Christmas event; I had some of the Force Chocolates that give a 5% crit rate bonus in my Archer's bank that I sold for a large sum to a friend recently. :)

The first Chinese New Year after PWI went public, there was a Chinese New Year event that involved a massive world boss-like mob in North Arch that did light damage and debuffs, but took hours for anyone to kill.

There was also a server event on Sanctuary "Meet the GM", where a GM (Actually, 2 GM's and a game chat mod) came in, and gave a way lots of free stuff, triggered some neat quests, answered some questions, and lagged a small part of the server for a good hour (imagine everyone that normally runs around West Arch, Lost, Etherblade, Plume, etc., all coming to one small patch NW of Lost and hanging out there?).

There were lots of neat events back then that didn't involve:

KSing

Boutique Gold

Being level 101

Soooo... There's a little recap on several years ago, compared to before the devs worked on Earthguard. The Christmas Event was broken two years ago, there wasn't a valentines event last year, and the Christmas Event this year was just snowmen, snow, and lag. I can't think of any other events that have been held recently WORTH NOTING, the Friday events are for endgame players, and as of right now... I've quit PWI for the time being, and never made it there, so whatever.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level