13»

Comments

• XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I like the idea of not running a head of the ceric to fight mobsb:surrender
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Bluemane - Heavens Tear
    Bluemane - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i only ever had one rule when i ran in a squad.."Treat those the way you expect to be treated and you cant go wrong".....manners cost nothing but go a long way....b:pleased
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Drummer's aoe hits me like a kitten where as his inital magic attack can hit me like a truck if I'm not careful. I think it's physical :/

Another thing, if someone dc's don't rage on them. Sometimes storms and stuff get in the way. Also, if you're having serious lag/dc issues, it's kinda nice to warn others especially if you're tank or healer.
    incorrect, drummer and soulbanisher aoe is physical, along with other bosses like emperor belial etc

not magical at all except his direct lightning spells which is not aoe

Wrong.... If it's physical... FIRST OFF like i said my friend's 95+ veno with a herc woulda seen the dmg being reflected. She never did. SECOND..... If it's physical, I should've been able to take him. I got Strong on my walker, tried him, i was fine till he attacked with his big hit. Poof there went the walker. Got protect.... and now no problem. So yes his MAIN attack is magical. As is his aoe since there was no dmg being reflected each time that hit... ever.. (unless that physical aoe being reflected was unique to Feng or w/e in tier 2).

And sorry this is getting slightly off topic... b:surrender
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ever think drummer's aoe might be both magical and physical?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Drummer's AoE is ranged physical + magic i guess...similar to the one used by acephalids and general feng.

The direct heavy atk is a metal attack from what I know.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    um no, drummer's aoe is magical. My veno friend and i even talked about that b4 i got protect, adn she had NEVER seen drummer reflect on a Aoe. Drummer's aoe is definitely magical as is his main attack, cause even with strong i couldnt' take him tilll i got protect. And magic doesn't reflect.

Idk about soulbanisher, all i know is his aoe hurts worse then drummers.... b:scared
    u "definitely" need to stop relying on friends

here's a video of a squad doing 1-3 drum
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF50PHtOfF8

watch how when he starts his aoe it reflects off the veno who brambled herself.. the only thing u got right there is that magic does not reflect w/bramble

so its definitely physical aoe and physical hits, ranged attack is lightning/metal single target, and so is occasional magic casts on w/e has aggro, also single target

idk why we have this discussion of something so painfully obvious
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    ya.... it was real f'ign obvious when she said it never reflected on her herc...... and i couldnt' take him myself till i got PROTECT...... ya real obvious. Obvious that it's magic based since protect does squat against physical....

At least that was my line of "obvious" thought........ idc anymore lol..... l8tr

Edit: Should note I'm talking about Drummer in 1-1 squad mode here.... maybe 1-3 drummer's dmg is a mix idk... but ya watched that vid... i did see a FEW reflects, although i couldnt' be quite sure it kinda looked like drummer turned on the herc a split second. blah, dun really matter.
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    COMMUNICATION Very important, and it's polite to reply back for what ever some one ask !

personal experience in late level 80's: I ask this veno for a spark in FF just before Runewolf ready to start

" can u pass me a spark after i hf pls" <---- wasn't this polite enough?

veno: no response, or no spark passed

I thought he/she didn't have a spark, again later i asked for a spark, in whisper

veno: no response

at big room before heads !

Veno says: BM's never ask for spark in FF!

and kicked me off squad ... very polite b:surrender
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    you do realize we can't go spamming sparks right. the cooldown isnt' THAT fast.... Granted the veno shoulda at least said something.... but i never give BM's sparks either unless they ASK for it and i CAN at that moment.

I save Lending Hand for it to be ready the moment a barb might ask for one. Other then that, I shoot the CLERIC a spark after every BB since that takes a spark. Especially if we're getting more then one big group of mobs right after the other and they drop BB in between.
  • Ghosh - Heavens Tear
    Ghosh - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    BB/RB needs 2 sparks.

The thing I can say is read the chat. Its anoying when ppl ask question and no1 aswer.

If its more then 1 cleric make sure to ask who heals. Its frustrating when I ask, and the chat is dead.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    drummer's aoe is magical

It's physical and reflectable by bramble. Put a cleric in BB and have them watch for reflected damage. It shows up.
    BB/RB needs 2/1 sparks.

The thing I can say is read the chat. Its anoying when ppl ask question and no1 aswer.

If its more then 1 cleric make sure to ask who heals. Its frustrating when I ask, and the chat is dead.

FTFY. But still, communication is important.

Also, if you ditch squad, at least have the courtesy to tell your squad that you're leaving even if you think they're all fail. Ditching just reflects poorly on you.

If the squad is about to try something new/risky and you aren't comfortable with it, say something before hand.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    rule #?

- Get someone thats mentally stable. You dont want to squad with someone who ragequits because someone forgot to bring [item]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    please state before hand if you don't know how to speak English or are Inexperienced.

Im perfectly willing to help people learn.

what i dont like is when i get a Noob who doesn't seem to speak English and is insistent on trying to kill us all.

most important thing IMO

if you get aggro run TOWARDS the person who is supposed to take it back, not away.

IF you grab aggro and you run away from me, I'm not going to chase you down.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    please state before hand if you don't know how to speak English or are Inexperienced.

Im perfectly willing to help people learn.

what i dont like is when i get a Noob who doesn't seem to speak English and is insistent on trying to kill us all.

most important thing IMO

if you get aggro run TOWARDS the person who is supposed to take it back, not away.

IF you grab aggro and you run away from me, I'm not going to chase you down.

Some people run away because they know there is a mob inbetween you two that you HAVEN'T aggroed yet, and that they will be one hit if they go anywhere near it. OR they may be trying to keep it out of range from the cleric because they don't them to get heal aggro while they are healing you. Instead of assuming someone is fail just because they run, watch the whole squad and work as best as you can within that squads dynamics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit