Barb weapon

codeq
codeq Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Barbarian
I started wondering lately... Which is better PoleHammer/ PoleAxe or DualAxes/ DualHammers?

What are disadvantages and advantages of...
(probably same as PoleAxe) PoleHammer...

(probably same as PoleHammer) PoleAxe...

(probably same as Dual Hammers)Dual Axes...

(probably same as Duel Axes)Dual Hammers..

And which do you think is the best out of them? And plz give explanation why
Post edited by codeq on

Comments

• codeq
    codeq Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    no one posted :(
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    codeq wrote: »
    no one posted :(

Because it'd only been 51 minutes....

Polehammers you get at x1,
    Poleaxes you get at level x4,
    Dual Axes you get at x7
    Dual Hammers you get at x9

So you can do ministeps of weapon improvements.

Pole's have a much wider range of damage for higher peak spike damage. Dual Axes/hammers have a smaller range for more consistent and predictable damage. Axes have a wider range than hammers (poleaxes and dual axes have a wider range than their correlating polehammer and dual hammer).

Poles have a slightly lower damage average at the same level, but attack at a .91 attack rate. This means better chi building and stacks better with interval gear, although with a .91 base starting point interval difference isn't much anyways. Dual Axe/hammers have a slightly higher damage average but attack at a slower rate. Again, this gives better spike dmg on crits.

My opinion on which is best? None especially, since they all balance out to about the same thing. but I guess I like polehammers. I pretend I notice a difference in how fast I build chi for reaming. Most the endgame Legendary weapons seem to be polehammers, like Pan Gu's Giant Axe, Gatherstorm, and Ashura's Purgatory. The spike dmg is decent allowing for some nice crits and can make the difference in a duel.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • AurinsTNK - Sanctuary
    AurinsTNK - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Because it'd only been 51 minutes....

I guess I like polehammers. I pretend I notice a difference in how fast I build chi for reaming. Most the endgame Legendary weapons seem to be polehammers, like Pan Gu's Giant Axe, Gatherstorm, and Ashura's Purgatory. The spike dmg is decent allowing for some nice crits and can make the difference in a duel.

you mean poleaxes right?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    you mean poleaxes right?

heh, yah =/ Didn't notice pwcalc has all their poleaxes in polehammer section and visa versa.

But like I said, doesn't really matter it just tends to be what I use because they're well statted legendaries.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory