Dexterity and clerics?

WiCKDiNTeNT - Dreamweaver
WiCKDiNTeNT - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Cleric
my question is does giving your cleric dexterity increase the distance it takes to cast a spell? so if u have high dex can u stay far eough away to stay out of AOE range?

ty 4 help
Post edited by WiCKDiNTeNT - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Nope...Dex on a Cleric tbh is a waste imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    why would it increase it? o-o
    i mean, it doesnt increase it even for archers, right?

dex points description is:
    increases your ranged and dagger physical attack,
    accurasy, evasion,
    psycical and magical critical hit rates
  • WiCKDiNTeNT - Dreamweaver
    WiCKDiNTeNT - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ty red for info i wasnt sure . ur right thanos it does say ranged attacks. and magic is ranged. thats y i was wondering but ty for help.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It says ranged physical attacks. We use ranged magic attacks that some (plume shot) do physical damage.

Dextery on clerics should be stat to 3 (possible?) or left at 5.

It can increase our evasion, but a negligable amount. It does increase our crit rate but you don't "crit heal" and on dmg it makes less of a difference than just adding to magic.

For instance 1% more crit is basically 1% more crit. So 20 dex is 1% increase but 20 magic is 20/150 more to your base multiplier (about 13%).

I been playing with the idea of "when will 1% dmg increase be better than a 13% base dmg multiplier" but I think its somewhere around when magic stats are 600 or 700, which is impossible. Plus it'd do nothing for your healing.

The only clerics that add to dex are LA clerics. There are alot of discussions on the effectiveness and ineffectiveness of LA clerics but basically they add to dex to wear LA armor for higher defense at the expense of either adding stats to vitality, or magic for better heals and attack. Usually its the attack/heal power that suffers making it an uncommon build.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • kriviox
    kriviox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    For instance 1% more crit is basically 1% more crit. So 20 dex is 1% increase but 20 magic is 20/150 more to your base multiplier (about 13%).

For every 10 dex you get a plus 1% crit ( I believe ) though, taking away from your magic to do so isn't recommended due to you lowering your attack. It's better, imo, to have a higher attack all the time, rather then that "lucky crit" once in a while.

I been playing with the idea of "when will 1% dmg increase be better than a 13% base dmg multiplier" but I think its somewhere around when magic stats are 600 or 700, which is impossible. Plus it'd do nothing for your healing.

The only clerics that add to dex are LA clerics. There are alot of discussions on the effectiveness and ineffectiveness of LA clerics but basically they add to dex to wear LA armor for higher defense at the expense of either adding stats to vitality, or magic for better heals and attack. Usually its the attack/heal power that suffers making it an uncommon build.

LA isn't too uncommon (at least I've run into quite a few), however, a Vit cleric is more common. Vit gives you more def as well as HP which is usually what LA wishes to accomplish with gear. Only reason really for LA and Vit builds is for people who can't afford to shard their gear.

I am a pure cleric because I don't mind buying a few pdef shards to make up for no vit and having AA gear. Pure Cleric has lower hp, but considerably higher mana and stronger attack and heal.

Make sure you think about which is more important to you. A Pure cleric does beat a Vit cleric. (Haven't tried a LA cleric)

I did a little test on a friend. Same lvl as me, she was a Vit build and I am pure. She used plume shot on me (lvl 10) and hit me for 500. I used my plume shot (lvl 8) and hit her for 800. (She had better to equal gear as I did, I had slightly better weapon, and I buffed both of us, so we had equal buffs) That difference adds up. So definitely decide whether you want to go pure/vit/dex before you start building to prevent you from having to buy reset notes. Those get pricey.
    edited February 2011
    uh, it says increase ur ranged physical attack. like, if u put 1 dex as an archer ur ranged physical attack will be stronger. just like if u put mag points ur clerics mag attack will be stronger.

it doesnt say "increases the range of the ranged attacks"
    if that was true, archers would be one-shotting u from miles away;
    sage archers already hit u from ~35m; i dont want to imagine what would happen if dex added range.

it's 1% crit for 20 dex points.
    u cant reset dex bellow 5 (which is unfair since u can reset mag to 3)

the only way to be actually worth it to put some points is having some extra from gear (cape,tome,weapon) that u can use anyway.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    u cant reset dex bellow 5 (which is unfair since u can reset mag to 3)

Agreed because you can re-stat vit to 3 as well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Agreed because you can re-stat vit to 3 as well...

Reason I wasn't sure is I think it is possible to "glitch" magic and vitality down to 3 by having equipment on. Not sure if this was in the game design or not. I hear its impossible with strength and dexterity though, and 5 minimum.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • kriviox
    edited February 2011
    "uh, it says increase ur ranged physical attack. like, if u put 1 dex as an archer ur ranged physical attack will be stronger. just like if u put mag points ur clerics mag attack will be stronger."

Ah that's true!. I forgot about that. My bad. Your range is included in the skill description, higher the skill level, higher the range.

"u cant reset dex bellow 5 (which is unfair since u can reset mag to 3)"

That I didn't know. I remember buying a reset note for my bm to take vit off to put to dex and remember my vit dropping to 0 and I had to put 5 back to make it "normal". I thought you could take away from whichever you wanted. Never tested dex however.
    edited February 2011
    well, i got a reset note when i hit 100; i managed to get all but 3 points from vit and no points from dex (was at 5 dex).

now, if u can glitch it somehow... i dont know how xd
    and plz tell me, those 5 dex poitns are annoyingb:laugh
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Well depending on your tome and cape, and random other gear, most cleric's end game contains +12-20 dex from gear adds. Easy way to add 1% crit is add the 2-5 points to dex to hit 20, so 5 dex base doesn't really bother me.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i have some dex <<
    to finish of my crit% lol >.> 22% ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • kriviox
    edited February 2011
    Lol, dex to finish off a crit doesn't sound bad.
    I just mean, its not like a cleric build to throw in 1 or 2 dex every lvl.
    End game once you have all your gear you plan to stick with, why not?
    I personally won't, but it makes sense, only cause I want all magic other than the 55/57 str I need for gear. (57 for 105 cape.... but seeing as that is a bit.. far away to put nicely, if I hit 105 then I will throw on the +2 xD)