Wow! I need assistance.

peppersnortin
peppersnortin Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
OK, so I downloaded the game, I've read up on the details, now all I have to do is create a character and start playing, right? Here's the rub, I can't figure out how to create a character and start playing. This may seem silly and simple, but I've been sitting here for four hours trying to figure this out. Please help.
Post edited by peppersnortin on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Have you opened your client and logged into a server? At that point you will have an option to "create."

(make sure you are picking the right server for you too...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • peppersnortin
    edited February 2011
    I'm really not this slow....but how do I do that? What screen do I want to be on to choose a server? I saw an area for changing servers, it showed my current time, so I assume that's the right one?
  • peppersnortin
    edited February 2011
    OK. I found the area again that shows server status. Harshlands, Dreamweaver and Raging Tide are all online but I do not see how to choose one.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    I'm really not this slow....but how do I do that? What screen do I want to be on to choose a server? I saw an area for changing servers, it showed my current time, so I assume that's the right one?

Yup and just click on a server. Some are PvP some are PvE/ West Coast and East Coast.

Lost City -> PvP/West
    Harshlands -> PvP/East
    Santuary ->PvE/West
    Dreamweaver -> PvE/East
    Archosaur -> PvE/West
    Raging Tides -> PvE/East
    Heaven's Tear -> PvE/West

^ I think that is right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• peppersnortin
    edited February 2011
    The server status shows me the breakdown, but clicking on the names/buttons doesn't take me anywhere. I wonder if I'm even in the correct area. When you log on to the game, do you simply go to perfectworld.com?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    The server status shows me the breakdown, but clicking on the names/buttons doesn't take me anywhere. I wonder if I'm even in the correct area. When you log on to the game, do you simply go to perfectworld.com?

No...Open the icon on your desktop, as long as you downloaded it it should be there. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• peppersnortin
    edited February 2011
    Thank you for all your help. I believe the issue may be in the form of a virus. When I clicked start, a prompt bar came on screen with what looked like sandscript letters. I knew I couldn't be this daft. Time to try something else.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Thank you for all your help. I believe the issue may be in the form of a virus. When I clicked start, a prompt bar came on screen with what looked like sandscript letters. I knew I couldn't be this daft. Time to try something else.

Click "Verify." If that does not work you might have to download the Language Pack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    can you screenshot the bar that comes up? it may be the right thing in the wrong language b:shocked
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.