Is an assassin worth it?

Yokimo - Archosaur
Yokimo - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Assassin
So im tired of always being broke and ppl always tell me to roll a sin. I want to be able to buy stuff for my mystic when genesis comes out in a month. So is it worth it to try and lvl a sin if i dont cash shop and im not rich?
Post edited by Yokimo - Archosaur on

Comments

• NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If you're not rich and don't cashshop, answer is: No
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If you want a character to make some base funds with before moving to mystic when expansion comes out, play a venomancer. You'll have plenty of opportunity to make money as you go as well as become familiar with the pet system and a caster class which you would be playing once Genesis comes out.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    A simple breakdown :

If you want to make money, don't go sin. Reason :

1. sins are squishy, esp at early levels. You'll probably die a lot if you don't have good gear.

2. the only way to make money, is to save money. being a sin without bloodpaint you'll spend a lot on pots.

Basically : ANY toon you start costs cash in the end, doesn't matter if you farm your cash or just cashshop. If you start a new toon just to change over in a month to Mystic your best bet is this :

Start a toon , save ALL your cash by NOT teleporting everywhere and not spending to much on gear (just what's needed) , try to sell ALL your DQ items and mats/herbs you can get, do not kill mobs you can't handle yet and level only the skills you really need.

Maybe, just maybe, you'll get enough cash to fund your mystic till she's independent enough to farm things for herself.

Being broke has nothing to do with cashshopping. Spend time grinding/farming, sell everything worthwile, merchant whenever you can or go idle, do not "waste" cash on things you can do without.

Lastly, as a reminder, a good sin costs cash. Cashshopped or not. I agree with sneakret, start a veno, use practically no pots and farm like there's no tommorow. Oh, and go to the invasions for lowbies. You can make good cash doing those.
  • JebakLesny - Dreamweaver
    JebakLesny - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    yep, best way is to start veno. Sin is a diff story
    Just cant wait when i start mystic b:cute